• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

BCVM22

Except we may not actually be expected to pay simply to transfer. As the main site here tells us today, there’s potential for wiggle room.

Either way, if the decision is already made, “hitting them up” in the relatively small numbers this board would generate is unlikely to change it

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’ve hit up both Pokémon, Nintendo and Niantic stating to reconsider any paywall for Home/Po Go .
Please do the same people.

We pay a subscription for Home . We’ve paid a premium already for the uncut Pokémon from the Dex with the new DLCs.
We’ve paid for Raid Passes/PokeBalls and Items and now we are expected to have to pay to obtain OUR OWN hard work and effort .

This needs to be addressed now before both Nintendo and Niantic move forward .
Except we may not actually be expected to pay simply to transfer. As the main site here tells us today, there’s potential for wiggle room.

Either way, if the decision is already made, “hitting them up” in the relatively small numbers this board would generate is unlikely to change it
True, it sounds more like we’ll be paying to speed up the cool down process between transfers. Still stupid & shouldn't be a thing, but it's absolutely more feasible if this is the case

Last edited:

DR.gonzo

The cool down period also sucks . It’s gking back to the same backache that transferring into black/white etc back in the day when it was 6 a time and a limit per day. I’ve done it all from link cable right up untill Home . I have a massive 20 year collection and it’s been awful trying to migrate everything into Bank/Home .

I’ve got 2 PoGo accounts played from day 1, so around 4 years worth of Mons, 180 Shinnies across both . I just want hassle free transferring of something I’ve already paid for and put time and effort into obtaining. Even giving a daily limit is a bullshit move and warrants no real meaning to why this is a method, other than to making that Phatt money .

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The cool down period also sucks . It’s gking back to the same backache that transferring into black/white etc back in the day when it was 6 a time and a limit per day. I’ve done it all from link cable right up untill Home . I have a massive 20 year collection and it’s been awful trying to migrate everything into Bank/Home .

I’ve got 2 PoGo accounts played from day 1, so around 4 years worth of Mons, 180 Shinnies across both . I just want hassle free transferring of something I’ve already paid for and put time and effort into obtaining. Even giving a daily limit is a bullshit move and warrants no real meaning to why this is a method, other than to making that Phatt money .
Technically that was just for Gen 3-Gen 4 transfers

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

Remember Gen IV where you could only transfer Pokémon from a GBA game once every 24 hours and you couldn’t transfer any more from another game until 5he first six you sent o Er was caught and some of those Pokémon would become very elusive to find in Poké Park?

DR.gonzo

I remember it all guys . Bad times lol .

It’s 2020 now . We shouldn’t have our hands tied in transferring Pokémon .

I can go into global trade and send a random guy as many mons as I want butter I canny send as many of my own Pokémon to myself without a paywall or BS limit per day .

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
If I do use the Go to Home feature, it'll just be for shinies and rares.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I'm kinda hoping it won't require linking a Go account permanently to Home. As I've never played it, I was considering asking a friend to let me borrow their Go so I could at least get the Melmetal. Though depending on the full details, I could download, catch, transfer and delete the app afterward.

Golden_Arcanine

I mean, I get it. How many GO Pokemon are currently floating around on SwSh?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The cooldown really isn't the worst thing in the world. As long as transferring itself is free, and the cooldown is relatively small, then I think we'll be good.

Is it great? No. Is it a big deal? No.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Cooldown periods are pretty standard among games with a freemium model. You're paying for a lack of patience. They get their money from a small amount of people willing to sink a lot of money into something, but this model has become increasingly unpopular as a handful of countries have effectively banned some means of microtransactions (like Belgium and The Netherlands banning lootcrates due to both countries having some truly predatory and ruthless gambling rings in past decades).

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The cooldown really isn't the worst thing in the world. As long as transferring itself is free, and the cooldown is relatively small, then I think we'll be good.

Is it great? No. Is it a big deal? No.
The paying to speed up cooling off time I don’t mind. It’s the thought of having to pay to transfer Pokémon from Go to Home that concerns me. I don’t want to buy Coins to pay say 20 Coins just to send over the max number of Pokémon we would be send over at a time.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I mentioned this before the pokecoin thing was first revealed, but the thing I'm most curious about is how the transfers will handle OTs. I'm wondering if they'll either stick with the usernames from Pokemon Go or, like the recaptures in Let's Go, they'll give transferred pokemon the OTs used for your Home account

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Something weird happened last night. I tried to log onto Pokémon Home but I kept getting 2-alzta-0006 and I was sent back to the main screen. I tried turning off my phone in case the app was causing problems but it didn’t work. I was about to try deleting my saved data after looking up the problem but several minutes later it started working again.

Does anyone know what could’ve caused the problem soI can make sure it doesn’t happen again in the future?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Ok scratch that because i just put in a search for zapdos and the search engine said it didnt exist but articuno did.
The “Pokémon doesn’t exist” message appears because there are no trades available for the Pokémon you’re looking for. If you have the filters on or are looking for specific levels, genders etc. you’re more likely to see it as fewer trades will match your search criteria.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
The “Pokémon doesn’t exist” message appears because there are no trades available for the Pokémon you’re looking for. If you have the filters on or are looking for specific levels, genders etc. you’re more likely to see it as fewer trades will match your search criteria.
Thank you i thought that might be it but wasnt sure