• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
You obviously don't realise the cost of a week's wait is bound to be expensive. Why limit the sheer number of legendaries and shinies in the main series if you can literally pay for it? Pokemon Go follows ots own set of rules and it literally the only other way to get a legit shiny or shinies of Genesect. If you want the pokemon, wait a week. We're gamers, not billionaires. It took a week to get a Meltan Box charged to get enough candy for the fabled Melmetal, how hard is it to wait? Maybe then they'll fix the exception glitch used on Kanto Dex Regional forms
I do and I don't agree with it. Yea it does and I have no issue with waiting with it. But it doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able to criticize it. Just think about it... how many younger fans may not have as much patience as we older fans do and may pester their parents to buy the coins. It's in part why I'm not a fan of the cost.

D

Deleted member 384931

Level 33 is too much and just so you would Play Go more.

Halkel

Experimentalist
Also, it turns out you can only trade Go-transferred pokemon in Home if they're featured in SWSH or the DLC (non-dex pokemon like Entei are also ok). I tried sending a few of them over through the Wonder Box & the GTS, and it wouldn't let me trade pokemon like Wurmple, Chimecho, Sunkern, or Pineco

I can only guess its the same situation with having Hidden Abilities on Gen 3 and 4 pokemon being blocked as they haven't updated the legitimacy check yet to allow GO marked pokemon not from Kanto dex.

Just think about it... how many younger fans may not have as much patience as we older fans do and may pester their parents to buy the coins. It's in part why I'm not a fan of the cost.

I see your point. Kids don't have the best patience out there and they definitely don't have any control of money if unsupervised. There's enough articles out there pointing out that flaw.

Pokemon Power

For now, I plan on just moving Galarian forms and Gen. VIII Pokemon over from Go to Home, because I have this sneaking suspicion that Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee will get their own Expansion Pass in the future, and those Pokemon would obviously be left out because officially, LGPE are Gen. VII, while Sword and Shield are Gen. VIII.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Pokemon GO to HOME connectivity now available to those level 30+.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Was able to transfer 18 Pokemon over with no problem. Far better than Go to Let's Go transfer.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I do and I don't agree with it. Yea it does and I have no issue with waiting with it. But it doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able to criticize it. Just think about it... how many younger fans may not have as much patience as we older fans do and may pester their parents to buy the coins. It's in part why I'm not a fan of the cost.

Honestly, stuff like that is why some countries ban microtransactions on any games aimed at children. Even more insidious is if the kids get access to their parents' card information such that they can make the purchases, as kids might not have necessarily learned how money works and that money is finite. It results in incidents like a little girl in the UK who wanted to play the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic mobile game and spent £1000 of her parents' money per day, as the game made it as easy as selecting "yes" in a menu about spending money to redeem for in-game currency, and she didn't see why she shouldn't just select the most expensive option all the time as it gives the highest rewards. (The reason it took a bit of time for the parents to realize it was the mobile game was because they didn't suspect their daughter.)

I'm actually kind of surprised Pokémon GO hasn't been banned in these countries for being a game with microtransactions while having a lot of audience be kids. My guess is that Niantic, The Pokémon Company, or some other party successfully argued that it was not a kids game (which is no easy feat, as one of these countries with a ban on microtransactions is Belgium, which has some of the strictest gambling laws in the world--it was also Belgium that led the way in banning lootboxes and bingo machines).

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
What about those Pokemon that you had trouble sending over?
It turned out to be regular transfer to the professor, so they were lost for good. That's what I get for not being on Go as much. Didn't realize they added in a new transfer to the professor method.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ok, I'll be the first to admit I overreacted to how Go handled the level rollout. I'm still not a fan of it (or the whole paying to transfer thing), but it wasn't the worst case scenario of waiting a couple months or next year like I thought.

I think I'll still keep playing Go since I like battling in it and it's fun catching pokemon found in different areas of the world, but I still don't like how Niantic is handling various aspects of the app |:T

I'm actually kind of surprised Pokémon GO hasn't been banned in these countries for being a game with microtransactions while having a lot of audience be kids. My guess is that Niantic, The Pokémon Company, or some other party successfully argued that it was not a kids game (which is no easy feat, as one of these countries with a ban on microtransactions is Belgium, which has some of the strictest gambling laws in the world--it was also Belgium that led the way in banning lootboxes and bingo machines).
This kind of explains why Pokemon Go commercials focus more on teens & adults than they do kids

Last edited:

Halkel

Experimentalist
Ok, I'll be the first to admit I overreacted to how Go handled the level rollout. I'm still not a fan of it (or the whole paying to transfer thing), but it wasn't the worst case scenario of waiting a couple months or next year like I thought.

I think I'll still keep playing Go since I like battling in it and it's fun catching pokemon found in different areas of the world, but I still don't like how Niantic is handling various aspects of the app |:T

This kind of explains why Pokemon Go commercials focus more on teens & adults than they do kids

Being frank, Go has always handled level rollouts for all new features in that way. In a sense, if something's wrong with a feature they can keep it closed for the majority until it's dealt with. Like why they also do this with their new reworks for Pokecoins and EXP, run a test in select countries and with feedback determine if they should make it global. The only issue with Go to Home transfers that's really incompetent to me is on Game Freak's side where the move reshuffle works fine for all regionals except for the one exception used for the Kanto Pokemon to divert to Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee's moveset where it doesn't take regional forms in consideration. Even Galarian Farfetch'd gets the moveset of Kantonian Farfetch'd from Let's go despite it not existing there.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
And the level to transfer Pokémon still has screwed me over. I can’t level up to 24! It took me three years to get to level 22 and I haven’t been able to level up since December!

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Hoping someone can explain this to me...

Just received a lv37 naughty venusaur through wonder trade originating from a let’s go game. It’s stats are:

Hp:316
Atk:284
Def:277
Sp.atk:290
Sp.def:281
Spd:273

The ev counter seems to suggest everything is maxed out but the iv calculator obviously suggests they’re impossible stats. Is this a really badly hacked Pokemon?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Did my transfer of Go to Home today so I could get my event Melmetal. I noticed in the Switch version of Home that they decided to put the Go mark on all boxes and on the Pokémon that directly came from Go in the same fashion they do for all untransferable Pokémon and those that know moves that no longer exist. I find that super annoying right now. I can just use the search function to find those with the Go mark, I don’t need them jumping at my face. Hopefully the get rid of this feature soon.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

Just received a lv37 naughty venusaur through wonder trade originating from a let’s go game. It’s stats are:

The ev counter seems to suggest everything is maxed out but the iv calculator obviously suggests they’re impossible stats. Is this a really badly hacked Pokemon?

Sounds like a blatant hack from someone with either no sense of subtlety or someone experimenting with hacking devices.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you

If it is still transferable into the Let’s Go games then stats are calculated differently for it. Let’s Go uses AVs instead of EVs where one AV equals a point per stat up to 200 per stat regardless of level. So if it is still able to go into Let’s Go then it is probably legitimate.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Tried connecting a brand new Go account just to attempt to have a gmax Melmetal. Won't connect... Keep getting the message ensure Nintendo account is linked to home... Which it is.