• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is it safe to get the G-Max Melmetal yet? I've been holding off getting mine since I heard it kept causing people's games to crash or something

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Is it safe to get the G-Max Melmetal yet? I've been holding off getting mine since I heard it kept causing people's games to crash or something
I think it should be. I had a couple people join my raids and use one today. So should be safe to use.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
After a lot of messing about, managed to convince home and go to talk to each other. So got my Melmetal and a Meltan crossed off the home dex and onto my game. Even got a shiny voltorb in the process. Just gotta think of a way to get the remaining four mythicals and that's the dex completed.

Also, I looked at that mad stat venusaur through home for switch, a more believable set of numbers came up so looks like it was a let's go thing and not hacked.

Last edited:

Tiger21820

Master of Fire & Ice
I think the Pokémon Go to Home Transporter energy cost is pretty lenient when not taking Mythical or Shiny Pokémon into consideration! Just don't waste energy on transferring Kanto Pokémon, Meltan or Melmetal directly to Home! Use the Let's Go games for those ones!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I think the Pokémon Go to Home Transporter energy cost is pretty lenient when not taking Mythical or Shiny Pokémon into consideration! Just don't waste energy on transferring Kanto Pokémon, Meltan or Melmetal directly to Home! Use the Let's Go games for those ones!
If you're able to. I avoided using the Let's Go to Go transporter since it kept on erroring out and destroying my Pokemon. It's just very unreliable.

Dentim

I got a question, didn't quite know if I should post it here or in the Zarude thread but here goes.
I have 1 switch and 2 codes. 1 is already used, now I was planning on using the 2nd on a new Switch User (I was planning on a replay with early access to the DLC anyway). But to get Mystery gifts it says I need to create a 2nd Nintendo Account to link the 2nd user. If I do this, is it still possible to send Zarude (and any other pokemon) to Home on my main account? (And vice versa)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I got a question, didn't quite know if I should post it here or in the Zarude thread but here goes.
I have 1 switch and 2 codes. 1 is already used, now I was planning on using the 2nd on a new Switch User (I was planning on a replay with early access to the DLC anyway). But to get Mystery gifts it says I need to create a 2nd Nintendo Account to link the 2nd user. If I do this, is it still possible to send Zarude (and any other pokemon) to Home on my main account? (And vice versa)
Yes, There are limits however.
  • Items stay with their Game save.
  • You can only do this with 30 Pokémon with the Basic version at any one time. (Yes, you can use the Basic version)
  • You can't transfer directly between two Home accounts.
  • Trade evolutions don't happen.
This video show it in progress:

A personal Note: Don't do this someone elses account without permission. If it's your "alt" account, then go ahead.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've been doing a LOT of trades on the GTS out of boredom, and have managed to get a decent number of Pokemon you can't get in Sword and Shield, including four variants of Vivillon and six of the seven Miniors. I'm only missing the green Minior, there is one up for trade on the GTS at the time of writing, but they want a Heatran between level 91 and 100. The only Heatran I have is level 30 and I really don't have the motivation to go through enough Max Raids to get enough EXP Candies and level it up to level 91.
Most of the GTS trades are still asking for Calyrex's steeds and the two new Regibois, I can't see that trend ending any time soon (I'm never giving up my hard earned steeds or Regibois!), but I notice Tapu Fini is also a really common request. With any trades asking for Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres, I decided to give them the Galarian forms from my most recent playthrough just so I could potentially brighten someone's day, but I'm keeping hold of the three from my first Crown Tundra playthrough and never letting them go.

Ariki

Does anyone know if transferring Go to Home awards experience points in Go like transferring Go to Let's Go does? I want to farm exp points...

Dentim

Yes, There are limits however.
  • Items stay with their Game save.
  • You can only do this with 30 Pokémon with the Basic version at any one time. (Yes, you can use the Basic version)
  • You can't transfer directly between two Home accounts.
  • Trade evolutions don't happen.
This video show it in progress:

A personal Note: Don't do this someone elses account without permission. If it's your "alt" account, then go ahead.
Thanks and no worries everything is mine. Nobody's getting the short end of the stick here.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
My Home Pokedex is almost done, just 175 more Pokemon to go! The portions for Kanto, Alola and Galar are pretty much fully complete, I'm only missing the Mythicals, but of course Mythicals are blocked on the GTS so I have no way of getting them right now (I also can't trade out the Mythicals I do have; Keldeo and Zeraora). For alternate forms, I've now registered all of the Alola regional variants, every colour of the Minior rainbow, eight variants of Unown (A, B, G, O, R, S, T and V), and seven variants of Vivillon (Modern, Ocean, Polar, Elegant, Monsoon, Tundra and Continental). That's as many as I can get right now, mainly because everyone still wants level 90 Sword and Shield Expansion Pass Legendaries in exchange for level 3 standard Pokemon. That being said, I've noticed more and more people are asking for Necrozma, and I still haven't finished the Ultra Beast quest in my current Sword playthrough, so I may try getting an extra Necrozma to trade for something good.

Trillion

few questions about home. i'm getting varying results

1) if you transfer a pokemon to home, is it supposed to factor in previous evolutions if you owned it before it evolved?

for example, when i transferred my vikavolt that i caught as a grubbin to home from ultra moon i got credit for grubbin, charjabug, and vikavolt. it happened for some pokemon under the same circumstances but not others. for example, despite catching my butterfree as a caterpie i only got credit for butterfree

2) for some reason i got credit for the entire cyndaquil line. while i do own a typhlosion as well as a quilava that i obtained as a cyndaquil, they have never left ultra moon. this happened for a few other pokemon too

3) i transferred an unevolved pokemon and got credit for it's evolved form. i'm assuming this one was just a glitch though since it only happened for that one pokemon

how exactly is home supposed to work? lol

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
While it's nice that you can get the different Furfrou trims in Home now, I had a look and the only ones available on the GTS were asking for level 61-70 (or in other words, hacked) Glastriers and Spectriers. All except for one, who was asking for a Chespin between level 91 and 100......

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
While it's nice that you can get the different Furfrou trims in Home now, I had a look and the only ones available on the GTS were asking for level 61-70 (or in other words, hacked) Glastriers and Spectriers. All except for one, who was asking for a Chespin between level 91 and 100......
Right now it’s probably easier to catch all the forms in Go right now and transfer them yourself. I have the same issue looking for the few Vivillon forms I’m missing.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Everyone on the GTS wants a hacked Glastrier and Spectrier. It’s awful, because I have a spare Spectrier…

Luthor

Im glad you can finally search for specific forms on the Pokemon home app. It's been too long forms have been a thing and that option wasn't possible.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Im glad you can finally search for specific forms on the Pokemon home app. It's been too long forms have been a thing and that option wasn't possible.
It makes keeping track which forms of Alcremie, Vivillion, And Unown much easier. Now if only we can specify which forms we want on the GTS and everything will be just right.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've managed to get a few of the Furfrou trims through trades this morning; Diamond, Star, Kabuki, Dandy and Matron. It seems like La Reine and Pharoah are the most wanted out of all of them, but La Reine doesn't seem all that common.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I've managed to get a few of the Furfrou trims through trades this morning; Diamond, Star, Kabuki, Dandy and Matron. It seems like La Reine and Pharoah are the most wanted out of all of them, but La Reine doesn't seem all that common.
Le Reine? I don’t remember ever seeing that as an option 8n the games.