• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
We got new details tbh. There’s a free and premium plan with the former holding 30 Pokemon and the latter holding 6000 of em. The GTS is also back and is free too among other stuff.

Edit: Apparently Pokemon Bank/Transporter are a month free to commemorate this.

Sulfurian

I said it years ago and I guess I was correct. Pokemon is on console, and so all the triple A scams are brought along with it. We thought third versions were bad, just keep chucking costs at consumers faces and watch as the easy money flows in. Taking advantage of people who say "its cheap" to make a ton of money. It's disgusting.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
So do we know how many Home accounts you can have on one Switch, and whether you can connect the same game files to multiple Home accounts?

Still disappointed that this is the way they're going now. GTS should have been part of the base game to begin with. Putting pretty much all trading functions that aren't Wonder Trade in here makes it a lot harder to transfer items between different game files, on the 3DS I can just transfer them over between my games through the GTS, but this GTS won't have hold items. And the price is over three times as much as Bank. I do think that being able to have multiple GTS offers at the same time is kind of neat though.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m definitely doing the premium option unless it is more than the price of Bank by three dollars. I figured the GTS wouldn’t be completely eliminated since that is how most people trade and get Pokémon these days.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I said it years ago and I guess I was correct. Pokemon is on console, and so all the triple A scams are brought along with it. We thought third versions were bad, just keep chucking costs at consumers faces and watch as the easy money flows in. Taking advantage of people who say "its cheap" to make a ton of money. It's disgusting.
Seems like you'll be able to perform the main functions (moving pokemon to Sword and Shield, use the GTS) for free, so just what part is a scam? The Nintendo Online subscription?

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

So I need a Premium Plan to store basically every Pokemon I've caught (about 100+ of them) previously from Pokemon Bank? Might as well go for the 1 month plan to bring all of my Pokemon, once everyone is usable across all of the supported games that is.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
From the looks of it it's just the Bank dex, not an actual dex like in the games. No 3D models, no animations, no details on measurements for different games (the same pokémon species have different heights and weights depending on the game, something Serebiidex still doesn't acknowledge for some reason) so it's always a gamble whether the dimensions match the game you'd want to play in. It was annoying in Alola where there was no way to check the height or especially weight of pokémon that weren't in the Alola dex

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
the same pokémon species have different heights and weights depending on the game
Oh? What are some cases of that? For instance I'm pretty sure Charizard is listed as five foot seven in every game (aside from Let's Go, where height variation is a mechanic), nor have I heard of weight-based moves being more powerful for certain pokemon in certain games than in others.

D

Deleted member 384931

Its ridiculous, the difference between basic and premium. Plus Pokémon bank even with a month free, I wont buy it. 30 vs 6000 is a lot of difference. Will this be the future? Paying to use GTS and trading?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Oh? What are some cases of that? For instance I'm pretty sure Charizard is listed as five foot seven in every game (aside from Let's Go, where height variatione is a mechanic), nor have I heard of weight-based moves being more powerful for certain pokemon in certain games than in others.
A lot of them actually.

Entei for instance is 6 foot 7 inches in Crystal and weighs 437.0 pounds. It doesn't have a weight listed at all for Alola games since it's not in that dex, but it is 6 foot 11 inches and 436.5 pounds in Bank. Suicune in Crystal is 6 foot 7 inches, and weighs 412.o pounds. In Bank it's also 6 foot 7 inches, but weighs 412.3 pounds. Dratini in Crystal is 5 foot 11 inches and weighs 7.0 pounds. In Alola it is 5 foot 11 inches and weighs 7.3 pounds. Dragonair also has a different weight, 36.0 lbs in Crystal and 36.4 lbs in Alola. Raikou, in Bank 392.4 lbs, in Crystal 392.0 lbs. Chikorita, in Bank 14.1 lbs, in Crystal 14.0 lbs. Bayleef, in Bank 34.8 lbs, in Crystal 35.0 lbs. Meganium, in Bank 221.6 lbs, in Crystal 220.0 lbs. It's actually everything I'm looking up right now, they're all different.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
If I'm going to be really honest, I'm not sure I like the idea of features being locked behind certain versions (especially trading, GTS and Mystery Gift being exclusive to the Mobile version; why can't I do that on my Switch?). I'd like to complete the National Dex too, but that means putting Pokemon from other games from Bank and since you can't put them back, they'll just be sitting ducks if they're not compatible with a game (Speaking of which, what about a Pokemon that's getting a form later on, like the DLC for SwSh? I'm wondering how that's gonna work...)

I'm...not sure how I feel about this right now. Version exclusive features has put me off a bit.

Golden_Arcanine

Its ridiculous, the difference between basic and premium. Plus Pokémon bank even with a month free, I wont buy it. 30 vs 6000 is a lot of difference. Will this be the future? Paying to use GTS and trading?

Then don't. But let's not pretend like they're asking for you to pay the price of another game to have this feature. It's $15.99 per year. Bank was what $4.99 per year? You paid ~$60 for SwSh, and now you're being asked to pay $30 for the expansion packs and/or $16 for HOME. You can get by with the basic features just fine. But this is clearly them making the option available for the casual player (i.e. non subscription) and the avid (subscription) player. And it has significantly more features than Bank had.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
And it has significantly more features than Bank had.
I really disagree with this. It seems more like they just removed features like the GTS from the actual games and put them into Home instead (just worse because there's no held items for this GTS). Bank never needed a GTS because the games already had it. Same with Mystery Gift. What's up with putting all these Mystery Gift things on phones? First Pass, and now this. It used to be just getting them directly into your game. Why put this extra mobile step in between?