• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
There are people who never touched DP and instead bought Platinum, the most “complete” Sinnoh game. I never played the first PMD games and went with Sky the most meaty and complete versions. You weren’t being left out if you skipped the initial versions foreseeing the third for the best deal. DLC has always been a spotty thing because many people caught on to the model of cutting content then slapping it on later as DLC for more money, coupled with SwSh being pretty empty (and potentially rushed) games it’s not hard to see why people are critical.

As before, I feel the need to remind y’all Pokemon is a multimillion dollar franchise and gigantic corporation not a human being nor is GF a small indie studio. People should be raising an eyebrow at their choices and actions. Demanding a $60 game that plays like one isn’t being unfair as is being critical of their practices thus far. Continuously pouring money to get the “complete” experience of already $60 games is nuts. It’s not a case of not having the money but seeing the writing on the wall.

I try not to dump on these games but that’s almost triple the cost of Ultra Sun/Moon.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
It's almost like the price ain't the real problem here.

Money is exchanged for goods and services and mildly addictive entertainment isn't cheap and free.

People complain.

Content is in base game.

People would still complain about NSO, Hop, Pokémon designs, plot, GO mechanics and Swordward/Shieldbert, console design, etc.

It's almost like people who complain always "win" in the end, because they get to unhealthily express angst either way.

Even if NatDex didn't happen, people would still complain. You wouldn't like the game anyway. SM and US/UM are proof of this.

Still, the complainers' movement sent death threats, rape threats and a bomb threat that cancelled the launch event AND dismissed the attacks as inconsequential rather than kicked out and shamed the people who did such or looked in the mirror/who they were associating with, so their complaints are in bad faith inherently.

Y'all are Doug Walkering the monetization issue. Doing dirty(Racism-induced bomb-death-rape Threats and the refusal to either own it/own up to and apologize for and/or kick out and shame people who did them, buying into Pokémon Go monetization, gross complaint-based hypocrisy and lack of wanting to own up to your own mistakes) and not criticizing the actual problems(Japanese politics/dated culture/wannabe isolationism/patriarchy, lack of regulation, capitalism, lobbyists, business schools teaching bad economic practices) but instead having a cartoonish fit and yelling while assuming your cause is just.

Golden_Arcanine

No. It’s more so because if you want to enjoy the most “complete” versions of the SwSh games you’re paying over $100 at this point. Game Freak and Nintendo aren’t your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, they’re a cooperation. People should be leery and critical of their product, especially when SwSh didn’t have the content to justify $60 as a mainline console game and Game Freak have consistently gone back on their word time and time again throughout this release cycle. Pokémon is the most massive and lucrative franchise in the world, it’s not wrong to demand a more high quality and complete product. When I bought BW, BW2, Platinum or Emerald as a kid, that was it. I had a complete game and online play there for me and could do what ever I wanted for about $35 dollars and the games had the content to match. Fans should continue to raise a critical eye toward Nintendo and Game Freak’s tactics. There’s been a lot of criticism and negativity over this release cycle because GF and Nintendo have been treating their consumers like trash.

You're missing the ENTIRETY of my post. If you want a complete SwSh experience, it's $90. The Nintendo price is no different than paying for XBox Live and/or whatever PlayStation uses. It shouldn't be included, especially since you can use that Nintendo connection for other games. And you don't need HOME to utilize SwSh to a max. But the bigger issues is that we've been on a relatively regular schedule. SwSh came out in November '19, while USUM came out in November '17. SM came out November '16, ORAS came out in November '14, and XY came out in October '13. We have ~2 years in between games with the exception of 2015 when you're introducing a new region. They've also had a new game out roughly ever year since 2012 with the exception of 2015. So from a business standpoint, they need to get a new game out OR they were going to hurt on their bottom line. Let's not forget that they're a business at the end of the day.

They lied to protect their interests. If you as a consumer knew that if you could wait 8 months to get the "full" SwSh, would you buy it at the release date or would you wait until the expansion packs were available?

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
You're missing the ENTIRETY of my post. If you want a complete SwSh experience, it's $90. The Nintendo price is no different than paying for XBox Live and/or whatever PlayStation uses. It shouldn't be included, especially since you can use that Nintendo connection for other games. And you don't need HOME to utilize SwSh to a max. But the bigger issues is that we've been on a relatively regular schedule. SwSh came out in November '19, while USUM came out in November '17. SM came out November '16, ORAS came out in November '14, and XY came out in October '13. We have ~2 years in between games with the exception of 2015 when you're introducing a new region. They've also had a new game out roughly ever year since 2012 with the exception of 2015. So from a business standpoint, they need to get a new game out OR they were going to hurt on their bottom line. Let's not forget that they're a business at the end of the day.

They lied to protect their interests. If you as a consumer knew that if you could wait 8 months to get the "full" SwSh, would you buy it at the release date or would you wait until the expansion packs were available?
Then the CEOs can take pay cuts to make up for the waiting.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
It's almost like the price ain't the real problem here.

Money is exchanged for goods and services and mildly addictive entertainment isn't cheap and free.

People complain.

Content is in base game.

People would still complain about NSO, Hop, Pokémon designs, plot, GO mechanics and Swordward/Shieldbert, console design, etc.

It's almost like people who complain always "win" in the end, because they get to unhealthily express angst either way.

Even if NatDex didn't happen, people would still complain. You wouldn't like the game anyway. SM and US/UM are proof of this.

Still, the complainers' movement sent death threats, rape threats and a bomb threat that cancelled the launch event AND dismissed the attacks as inconsequential rather than kicked out and shamed the people who did such or looked in the mirror/who they were associating with, so their complaints are in bad faith inherently.

Y'all are Doug Walkering the monetization issue. Doing dirty(Racism-induced bomb-death-rape Threats and the refusal to either own it/own up to and apologize for and/or kick out and shame people who did them, buying into Pokémon Go monetization, gross complaint-based hypocrisy and lack of wanting to own up to your own mistakes) and not criticizing the actual problems(Japanese politics/dated culture/wannabe isolationism/patriarchy, lack of regulation, capitalism, lobbyists, business schools teaching bad economic practices) but instead having a cartoonish fit and yelling while assuming your cause is just.
Who are you even rambling to? At no point in this post do you even come close to making an argument. Like, I literally have no idea what you're even trying to say here. It's all just off-topic rambling about stuff that isn't even about Home.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Who are you even rambling to? At no point in this post do you even come close to making an argument. Like, I literally have no idea what you're even trying to say here. It's all just off-topic rambling about stuff that isn't even about Home.
It's in relation to "Pricing is bad because GF and Nintendo are bad" arguments. I argue that it's instead of the fault of the players for buying into GO, death/rape threatening staff of GF and not being any kind of actually penitent about it(Still waiting on that source for deconfirming the bomb threat, BTW), Capitalism, Japan and business school mistraining students.

You are just looking to not blame yourselves for this mess.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
It's in relation to "Pricing is bad because GF and Nintendo are bad" arguments. I argue that it's instead of the fault of the players for buying into GO, death/rape threatening staff of GF and not being any kind of actually penitent about it(Still waiting on that source for deconfirming the bomb threat, BTW), Capitalism, Japan and business school mistraining students.

You are just looking to not blame yourselves for this mess.
Because players are a unified group that can share responsibility and fault? What kind of logic is this? I am not responsible for any kinds of threats to staff. I am not responsible for decisions GameFreak or the Pokémon Company make regarding their communications to players or lack thereof or for their decisions on game design. I am not responsible for the pricing that GameFreak, Nintendo, or the Pokémon Company place on their products. Bomb threats are in no way relevant in this discussion about Home. Seriously, people were discussing pricing and so on, that has nothing to do with threats of death, rape, bombs or whatever else you're throwing at the wall here. Also, what kind of argument are you even trying to make when you're putting "buying into GO" into the same list as threats to staff? You lack basic rigour and cohesion in your argument. Like, I still don't get what you're trying to say. "A lot of people get Go so it's their fault Home is expensive"? or something like that. It makes no sense, but I literally can't see anything in your posts that actually makes any sense.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Because players are a unified group that can share responsibility and fault? What kind of logic is this? I am not responsible for any kinds of threats to staff. I am not responsible for decisions GameFreak or the Pokémon Company make regarding their communications to players or lack thereof or for their decisions on game design. I am not responsible for the pricing that GameFreak, Nintendo, or the Pokémon Company place on their products. Bomb threats are in no way relevant in this discussion about Home. Seriously, people were discussing pricing and so on, that has nothing to do with threats of death, rape, bombs or whatever else you're throwing at the wall here. Also, what kind of argument are you even trying to make when you're putting "buying into GO" into the same list as threats to staff? You lack basic rigour and cohesion in your argument. Like, I still don't get what you're trying to say. "A lot of people get Go so it's their fault Home is expensive"? or something like that. It makes no sense, but I literally can't see anything in your posts that actually makes any sense.

"I didn't do it, so it didn't happen and it isn't a thing"
Short version for skimmers on the FAULTY HOME PRICE COMPLAINTS:

Wanna fight the power? Look past personal expenses(Monetary Costs) and the Dex, blame yourself and your unified, factionless movement with unification archetypes such as a hashtag, leaders and a unified cause(#BBND, DistantKingdom and Hurting GF, Nintendo and people who enjoy things for hurting you over virtual pets, respectively) that acts like known hate group GamerGate, and focus on the bigger picture(Capitalism, The ESA and other similar corporate lobbying bodies keeping regulation away, and glut and dehumanization being legitimized in business schools).

And stop acting like an addict regarding temporarily unavailable Pokémon and the carrying over of such.

It's creepy.

And people are economically justifying the pricing of HOME in Nintendo's minds by acting like a addict in the first place like you NEED old mons. You WANT them, you don't NEED them. You just want your FIX to be cheaper like a meth addict seeking a better dealer, which BBND has failed to do via intimidation, deception, criminal threats, reportbotting critics and other silencing tactics, selective editing of public information resources, trolling, and buzzword-filled pseudo-debates.

Is that short enough for you? Or are you purposely looking to not find sense because you feel like an echo chamber validates and justifies your cause(It doesn't) without any chance of rebuttal?

Dreis

Some kind of nonsense

I read and reread your posts and still for the life of me cannot make out any sort of cohesive argument. Perhaps slow it down a little, lessen the hyperbole and make clear articulated points.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's stop with the arguing. Continue to do so and infractions will be handed out. Let's get back to discussion about Home. Thanks.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
It looks like you'll get your money's worth.

Bulk trades will be cool. That's been a dream of mine.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
I'm excited about GTS being on the phone! I'll be able to make some trades at work to fill out my dex and then could transfer stuff back to SwSh when I get home.

I'm not sure what the benefit of a room trade would be, though. I'd probably just prefer a Wonder trade to it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
If/When they had every Pokémon useable in SwSh, then I’ll consider buying it. For now, seems like too high of a price. I’m not even that bothered by the price but I understand others who are

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
If/When they had every Pokémon useable in SwSh, then I’ll consider buying it. For now, seems like too high of a price. I’m not even that bothered by the price but I understand others who are
$60 - SwSh
$30 - DLC
$5 - Bank
$16 - HOME
$20 - NSO

> $131 to have these games fully-functional.
> still don’t have all the Pokémon.

ShadowForce720

$60 - SwSh
$30 - DLC
$5 - Bank
$16 - HOME
$20 - NSO

not really, as being able to transfer from previous games in has never been a required thing to for the pokemon game to be fully optional. Also Nintendo Switch Online is not just for playing Pokemon Sword & Shield online, as getting it allows you to play any Nintendo Switch game that has online, online. Also the GTS if free as you don't have to pay for the premium package of Home to be able to use it. Also the DLC is completely optional as you can still get the pokemon through other means. Also chances are your average person is not going to get everything all at once meaning the cost is spread out and if you want the premium features of Home there is the cheaper 1-month and 3 month packages.

Basically things aren't as bad your trying to make them out to be and most of the stuff your talking about is completely optional. Also $20 a year for NSO is nothing compared to what Xbox and PlayStation charge you for a year of their online services with both PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold membership costing $60 if you want it for a year.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
$60 - SwSh
$30 - DLC
$5 - Bank
$16 - HOME
$20 - NSO

While my post was mainly referring to Home, I do agree it’s a bit too much. It’s nothing like other greedy corporations but it’s still quite a lot