• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
In reply to my own post (weird, I know)...

Pokémon Home announced through their app—it is also posted on the Serebii homepage—that there will be a ~10 hour maintenance to restore hyper training to the affected Pokémon. So all transferred Pokémon that have been moved into Sword and Shield need to be moved back into Home before Tuesday February 25th. So hopefully myself and others who have been affected will have their hard work restored.
Eh, I never hyper trained any of my pokémon so it’s no big deal to me. Right now I’m just waiting until Home allows you to transfer pokémon from Go since I have a few I’ve been dying to move & add to my team

Kyle1022

On the Pokemon Home - Gift Pokemon page on this website, it says under each gift Pokemon that it will "Last until one month after activation." Does this mean you can only claim the gift Pokemon within a month of when you make your Home account? Or that you can only claim the gift Pokemon within a month of unlocking the required challenges to receive said Pokemon?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just a heads-up that the Meltan mystery box opens every 3 days now. I downloaded Go on 1/31/20 and today I have 355 Meltan candies. Actually today the box will open again (5th time) and I'll be able to evolve Meltan tonight.

You are absolutely correct. I forgot that after the last Shiny Meltan event, they decided to reduce the number of days permanently, where it was only a temporary things before that. To be honest, I haven't even opened my Mystery Box since that last event, so it barely registered with me that they made the change.

So given that, even with no Pinap Berries and only getting 10 Meltan to spawn per box, it should not take more than two months to get a Melmetal.

And it was Bguy7 who showed me the way to Meltan. Thanks again, Bguy7.

No problem.

SkysEevee

Not your average eevee
Question about home

Do you need every form of a pokemon for it's dex entry? I have two unowns and a vivillon in bank but they aren't in the Pokedex like the other Pokemon are.
Also toget magearna, would I need ALL the Pokemon forms or would one of the forms be fine?

Ghost94

Question about home

Do you need every form of a pokemon for it's dex entry? I have two unowns and a vivillon in bank but they aren't in the Pokedex like the other Pokemon are.
Also toget magearna, would I need ALL the Pokemon forms or would one of the forms be fine?
You only need one of each Pokémon species to get the dex entries for the Original form Magearna.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Finally got Melmetal last night and transferred it up to Home. I have all 890 Pokémon in Home right now, including Alola and Galar forms, and have yet to receive the Magearna gift. I spent over an hour moving Pokémon around hoping to trigger it and nothing. I let them all sit there overnight and still nothing. The Pokémon aren’t all in sequential order since I plan on using a few for other reasons but there is nothing.

Ghost94

Finally got Melmetal last night and transferred it up to Home. I have all 890 Pokémon in Home right now, including Alola and Galar forms, and have yet to receive the Magearna gift. I spent over an hour moving Pokémon around hoping to trigger it and nothing. I let them all sit there overnight and still nothing. The Pokémon aren’t all in sequential order since I plan on using a few for other reasons but there is nothing.
On the Switch version you need to move each box of Pokémon one box to the left(so box 1 to box 200, box 2 to box 1, etc), quit/save, then go back into Home and move each box back to its original position. Once again quit/save, then open up Home on the mobile app and from the menu go to Mystery Gifts > Gift Box. You should see the Magearna gift listed.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Probably because it’s got so many different forms and it currently has literally no usable moves.
True, but they're not entirely useless. They're basically like money in Home (or at the very least they're treated like shinies & HAs) since whenever I put them up for trades in the GTS, the're usually the first things to be traded, and aside from legendaries people are willing to trade a lot of pokemon for them. I already got pokemon like Golem, Tynamo, Gengar, & Kabutops using Unown.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
True, but they're not entirely useless. They're basically like money in Home (or at the very least they're treated like shinies & HAs) since whenever I put them up for trades in the GTS, the're usually the first things to be traded, and aside from legendaries people are willing to trade a lot of pokemon for them. I already got pokemon like Golem, Tynamo, Gengar, & Kabutops using Unown.

That's really interesting--I should try that myself. I never actually bothered to complete the Unown Dex since HeartGold, but I should at least go around looking for them again if demand is that high.

The same goes for Vivillon, from what I'm seeing. In both cases, it's probably due to the stickers received from getting enough forms of them.

Jason White

AspiringPsych
Hi all, just to share that I contacted the help in regards to not getting Magearna despite having a Living Dex. They responded with the following:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support!

We are researching the issue where Magearna is reported as not being awarded as a gift when you complete the Pokédex in Pokémon HOME. We are going to put your support ticket on hold and will let you know as soon as we have further information available.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Agent_Abbey
The Pokémon Company International Support Team

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Really wondering how the heck we're gonna get mythical Pokemon when we can't trade for them. I'd need Manaphy, Darkrai, Keldeo, and Volcanion to complete the living dex, but...

Not sure why they made that decision. I guess to keep them rare and hard to come by? Even so, it makes it impossible if you missed out on events from ~3 years ago.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Really wondering how the heck we're gonna get mythical Pokemon when we can't trade for them. I'd need Manaphy, Darkrai, Keldeo, and Volcanion to complete the living dex, but...

Not sure why they made that decision. I guess to keep them rare and hard to come by? Even so, it makes it impossible if you missed out on events from ~3 years ago.

Yeah, I was just trying to trade mythicals with someone and we can’t trade special Pokémon over room trades (along with the GTS). Very frustrating... not to mention Pokémon being unavailable in Sword/Shield. We’ll most likely have to wait until the games update with more available Pokémon. I have doubts Home will ever make special Pokémon tradeable.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I wonder if they'll have them available via the dlc. It would be another way to try to get them and move them to Home.

It would be a better option than having events go through Pokemon Pass, which is a hassle.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I suppose you can set up trades in the Alola games for them prior to moving them up to Home. Of course if you made the mistake of moving your offer into Home already, tough luck and too bad, it's now worthless and stuck. That said, trading events is generally just a mess, always has been. Most events that people are willing to part with are hacked, even on serebii forums. I know I'd never part with any of my events that I got legitimately when you can't ever know you're getting something legit in return. That said, this iteration with Home is literally the worst since internet trading came to pokémon. People having to have living dexes with unusable pokémon stuck in Home, to receive a Magearna form that is also stuck in Home and literally unusable, just there taking up storage space in Home. It's just dumb, like why? What's the point in moving pokémon like Magearna and Deoxys up to Home, only for them to get completely stuck? To get a new Magearna form that's also worthless because it literally can't be transferred to any game?

Last edited:

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I suppose you can set up trades in the Alola games for them prior to moving them up to Home. Of course if you made the mistake of moving your offer into Home already, tough luck and too bad, it's now worthless and stuck. That said, trading events is generally just a mess, always has been. Most events that people are willing to part with are hacked, even on serebii forums. I know I'd never part with any of my events that I got legitimately when you can't ever know you're getting something legit in return. That said, this iteration with Home is literally the worst since internet trading came to pokémon. People having to have living dexes with unusable pokémon stuck in Home, to receive a Magearna form that is also stuck in Home and literally unusable, just there taking up storage space in Home. It's just dumb, like why? What's the point in moving pokémon like Magearna and Deoxys up to Home, only for them to get completely stuck? To get a new Magearna form that's also worthless because it literally can't be transferred to any game?

I still have my living dex in Ultra Sun right now and tried trading a spare mythical I had. I’d prefer to wait until the games have every single Pokémon available within them (although that’s very uncertain) and I don’t trust Home enough to keep all my valuable Pokémon there. I don’t mind waiting to get the Magearna since, as you said, there’s not really a point in getting it now as you can’t have it in the games.

Maybe they'll do an event similar to the 20th anniversary where they'll have some mythicals in max raids. I can only hope, since I want that original color Magearna!

Would be nice to have another event like that, maybe for the 30th anniversary.

I wonder if they'll have them available via the dlc. It would be another way to try to get them and move them to Home.

It would be a better option than having events go through Pokemon Pass, which is a hassle.

That’s what I’m counting on, although another question would be which of the current 100/200 or so unavailable Pokémon will become available for the DLC updates.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

My guess is that they’ll eventually be available through raid battles in the Crown Tundra since it's supposed to have legendary Pokémon from other regions

They could have special events where mythicals will be available for a short period of time like they’re doing now with the Gigantamax Pokémon

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

Pokémon Pass seems to either be dormant or recently abandoned. There was an event every month, sometimes multiple ones, but according to Bulbapedia's list, the last one ended in late November 2019, while Serebii's list shows the last one was in early December 2019. There have also been no further updates since mid-November 2019. (That being said, the two lists are almost completely different. The only things found on both lists are the Detective Pikachu/i] stickers for Psyduck and Mr. Mime.)

The way I see it, that special Magearna appears to be, functionally speaking, a trophy, at least for now. But yeah, the only way to have a full Dex at the moment is if you managed to get all the Mythical Pokémon yourself. I know I've obtained them all over the many years, though not necessarily in their debut generations, though I never bothered moving some of them up, and as a result, my Pokémon HOME Pokédex is missing the likes of Celebi, Diancie, and a few others.