• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Why doesn't Magearna appear? I have a full living dex on Home, I've uninstalled and reinstalled home several times, and I even did the "move to the left and then right" trick

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Why doesn't Magearna appear? I have a full living dex on Home, I've uninstalled and reinstalled home several times, and I even did the "move to the left and then right" trick
You're just one of the people who don't get it. Only some people get Magearna, some people get like a dozen Magearna, and others don't get any Magearna.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
You're just one of the people who don't get it. Only some people get Magearna, some people get like a dozen Magearna, and others don't get any Magearna.
The
Original Magearna is a random chance? That seems counterproductive for those who work hard to have a complete living Dex and get nothing. I mean yeah it’d be nice to have but Original Color Magearna isn’t a top priority Pokémon for me to get. Now AZ’s Eternal Floette I want. I mean the programmers gave it its own stats and signature move which clearly took time to create. So why let all that work go to waste?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

The people who get lots of them ought to share with the people who don't get any for completing their Pokédex.

I'm not in any rush to complete the Pokédex though. I have no interest in a Living Pokédex (especially since my chance at Type: Null without starting over has already passed), and I'm certain they will patch getting Magearna to work properly in the future.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Since Pokémon Home will eventually be able to transfer pokemon from Go, do you think they could eventually receive updates that will allow it to make duplicates of pokemon from other spinoff games?

For example, they could take the savedata from Pokken tournament and make a Decidueye or a Chandelure that could be transferred to Sword & Shield based on the game's movesets and your achievements, or they could create a Pikachu based on your progress from games like Mystery Dungeon or Pokémon Masters?

While some people will complain that you'd have to buy all these games, I think it could be a fun way to tie in all of the pokemon games together so that Home genuinely feels like a home hub for all of your progress throughout the various games.

BCVM22

Probably not, because that would require HOME to actually read and interpret the save data from those other games instead of simply detect the presence of it.

Some sort of static reward is possible - PMD data gives you a set Pikachu, Pokken data gives you a set Chandelure - but there’s no reason to file that possibility any differently than hundreds of other random things they could do but aren’t any more or less likely to do than others.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Since Pokémon Home will eventually be able to transfer pokemon from Go, do you think they could eventually receive updates that will allow it to make duplicates of pokemon from other spinoff games?

For example, they could take the savedata from Pokken tournament and make a Decidueye or a Chandelure that could be transferred to Sword & Shield based on the game's movesets and your achievements, or they could create a Pikachu based on your progress from games like Mystery Dungeon or Pokémon Masters?

While some people will complain that you'd have to buy all these games, I think it could be a fun way to tie in all of the pokemon games together so that Home genuinely feels like a home hub for all of your progress throughout the various games.

In addition to BCVM22's statement, the reason it works with Go is because Go is a game all about catching and battling with Pokemon, just like the main games, it's compatible in a conceptual sense. Other games like Pokken, Mystery Dungeon, or Masters don't quite work the same. There's no logical way or reason you're sending Pokémon from one to the other.

There's also the fact that transfers from Go is quite frankly the Pokémon Company's way to get people playing Go to play the main series, given the game's massive audience. Pokken, Mystery Dungeon, and Masters are probably all nearly exclusively played by people who also already play main series games. So the incentive for the Pokémon Company isn't there.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
The people who get lots of them ought to share with the people who don't get any for completing their Pokédex.
They don't have a way to do that. Magearna is a mythical, it can't be traded to other people on Home unless you live very close by each other for a local trade. The Magearna reward is dumb, both in being super glitchy and in being useless. It can only stay stuck in Home, it can't be traded, it can't go into a game to actually be used. All it is good for is taking up storage space in Home.
I'm not in any rush to complete the Pokédex though. I have no interest in a Living Pokédex (especially since my chance at Type: Null without starting over has already passed), and I'm certain they will patch getting Magearna to work properly in the future.
Maybe they will, maybe they won't. You never know what they'll patch. They never patched Bank either to be compatible with Totem Ribombee, Marowak, Araquanid, and Togedemaru, or for Cosplay Pikachu.

BCVM22

Just assume it was all sarcasm and that the notion of “they’ll never fix this glitch keeping people from getting their intended reward!” was a bit silly. I hope you’re able to get your Magnearna once the issue is fixed.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

Have you done the left-right trick while selecting 'HOME', not 'Sword' or 'LGPE' in Box selection zone? You only move an empty box to the left (1 by 1 to Box 1), then save it, check the gift and get it.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Just assume it was all sarcasm and that the notion of “they’ll never fix this glitch keeping people from getting their intended reward!” was a bit silly. I hope you’re able to get your Magnearna once the issue is fixed.
Not sillier than your notion of turning my "You never know" into "they'll never fix this glitch"

Just got Pokemon Home a few days ago and am slowly working on completing the National Dex complete with all forms of Pokemon. For example, Ratatta is listed as having two: Kantoan and Alolan. Where I need some help is with Pikachu. Pikachu’s listed as having nine different forms. That’s a lot! As shinies don’t seem to count toward this total, can anyone help me figure out what the nine forms of Pikachu on Pokemon Home are? I want to get them all! Thanks.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Just got Pokemon Home a few days ago and am slowly working on completing the National Dex complete with all forms of Pokemon. For example, Ratatta is listed as having two: Kantoan and Alolan. Where I need some help is with Pikachu. Pikachu’s listed as having nine different forms. That’s a lot! As shinies don’t seem to count toward this total, can anyone help me figure out what the nine forms of Pikachu on Pokemon Home are? I want to get them all! Thanks.
Regular, original Ash-hat, Hoenn Ash-hat, Sinnoh Ash-hat, Unova Ash-hat, Kalos Ash-hat, Alola Ash-hat, movie Ash-hat, and I think Gigantamax.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Have you done the left-right trick while selecting 'HOME', not 'Sword' or 'LGPE' in Box selection zone? You only move an empty box to the left (1 by 1 to Box 1), then save it, check the gift and get it.
As in, starting from box 1?

Ghost94

As in, starting from box 1?
Yes, move box 1 to box 200, then box 2 to box 1, etc, save & quit; log back in on the Switch and move all previously moved boxes back to their original positions, save & quit again. Now log in on the mobile app and check Gift Boxes in the Mystery Gift menu. That all said, Game Freak will be performing maintenance on Friday to fix this bug so you can just wait a few days too.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's stop it with the arguing and get back to Pokemon Home discussion. Thanks.