• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I tried clearing the cache on mobile & deleting the save data on Switch, but neither yielded any results, I'm still getting the same error
Ah. Just did some searching, best you can do is wait it out. Others ran into the same error and it eventually cleared itself out.

Last edited:

bloodwulf

I'm getting the exact same error that you're getting StrongStyleSmark, kind of annoying as my son got his Zeraora this morning yet I'm still unable too. Like you I'm hoping I can pick it up before the end date heh. Fingers crosses

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Hope it works out for the both of you. Fingers crossed.

ShadowForce720

Is anyone else having the same problem I’m having today where if for instance I search Lunala or Urshifu it will come back and tell me that the Pokémon doesn’t exist as if there are no active trade offers?

The thing is though there will be moments where it will show me trade offers for Urshifu or Lunala and then the moment I leave and go get the requested Pokémon and then try to search for Urshifu or Lunala again it will keep saying that the Pokémon doesn’t exist and then it won’t let me into see the trade offers until the Lunala/Urshifu that requested the Pokémon I brought is either traded or the request is taken down.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Is anyone else having the same problem I’m having today where if for instance I search Lunala or Urshifu it will come back and tell me that the Pokémon doesn’t exist as if there are no active trade offers?

The thing is though there will be moments where it will show me trade offers for Urshifu or Lunala and then the moment I leave and go get the requested Pokémon and then try to search for Urshifu or Lunala again it will keep saying that the Pokémon doesn’t exist and then it won’t let me into see the trade offers until the Lunala/Urshifu that requested the Pokémon I brought is either traded or the request is taken down.
I have no idea if this has anything to do with it but earlier today when I was looking at Lunala offers I saw mostly hacks of them. Shiny versions and some in cherish balls. Shiny was event only and cherish ball Pokémon have a ribbon preventing trade via GTS. So maybe they are preventing trade of it for now while they clean out the hacked ones.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I recently got the mobile version of Pokemon Home to get the Shiny Zeraora, and I'm pleasantly surprised that my phone can actually run the app with no problems. I've been toying around with the GTS trading, just sending off any Pokemon I got in Max Raids that I don't really want to hold onto any more, and I managed to get a Turtonator, Drampa and Slurpuff. I'm trying to find an Aromatisse and Trevenant as well, but everyone on there wants either Kubfu or Urshifu for them....

I have to say I do feel sorry for Zacian though, the poor sword pupper saved the Galar Region from the Darkest Day in the ancient past, lay dormant in the Slumbering Weald for thousands of years, returned to defend the Galar Region again from Eternamax Eternatus.....and then got caught in a Master Ball by some random guy who then immediately sent it off to Japan in exchange for a Slurpuff.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Random thought: You only see Grand Oak at two points in Pokémon HOME, which is when you first start it up and when you get the Kanto starter. Feels like a waste of a character to me, as Poké Boy takes over for the rest of the time and appears to have no connection to Grand Oak whatsoever, and once you get that Kanto starter, you never see Grand Oak again.

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Random thought: You only see Grand Oak at two points in Pokémon HOME, which is when you first start it up and when you get the Kanto starter. Feels like a waste of a character to me, as Poké Boy takes over for the rest of the time and appears to have no connection to Grand Oak whatsoever, and once you get that Kanto starter, you never see Grand Oak again.
I forgot Grand Oak existed but even Poké Boy doesn’t show up much. I can’t remember the last time I saw him.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I forgot Grand Oak existed but even Poké Boy doesn’t show up much. I can’t remember the last time I saw him.
My main question is was it even necessary to have another Pokémon Professor named Oak? Samson I get because he had a family resemblance to Prof. Oak but also had his own unique features to make him a different character and he studied regional forms which makes sense. Grand Oak I think is just Prof. Oak wearing a cheap ugly dollar store Halloween witch wig and sunglasses. Why couldn’t Brigette be the guide? She already has been the guide of the Pokémon Box Ruby And Sapphire disc and Poké Bank which do the same basic functions as Home. It’d link Bank to Home more fluidly and be a natural progression between the two apps.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
My main question is was it even necessary to have another Pokémon Professor named Oak? Samson I get because he had a family resemblance to Prof. Oak but also had his own unique features to make him a different character and he studied regional forms which makes sense. Grand Oak I think is just Prof. Oak wearing a cheap ugly dollar store Halloween witch wig and sunglasses. Why couldn’t Brigette be the guide? She already has been the guide of the Pokémon Box Ruby And Sapphire disc and Poké Bank which do the same basic functions as Home. It’d link Bank to Home more fluidly and be a natural progression between the two apps.

That, and Samson is himself a "regional form," having a tanned skin and wearing an aloha shirt and shorts. (Would've been nice to have Samson in Galar too, as Galar has an even bigger focus on regional forms than Alola.)

I actually expected Brigette to be the host of Pokémon HOME, and while she doesn't do much for Pokémon Box and Pokémon Bank, you see her on the title screen, and she hosts the opening menus.

By the way, Grand Oak's Japanese name is Dai Okido. "Dai" means "big" and is the prefix used for "Daimax" (Dynamax) and all Max Moves. For instance, Max Knuckle's Japanese name is "Dai Knuckle." Okido is Professor Oak's Japanese name. That would suggest Grand Oak either studies Dynamax and Gigantamax, or he himself is physically the size of a Dynamax Pokémon. We have no frame of reference though, as we only see Grand Oak standing in front of the light green gradient characteristic of HOME.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, I finally forced myself to download and sign up for Home yesterday in order to get the Shiny Zeraora (in the last hour it was available). I've just got to remark on how silly and pointless having to download the mobile version as well felt. What's the point? Why couldn't I just get the Zeraora from the Switch version? For that matter, why are any of the "exclusive" features of the mobile version locked to it? The mobile version really should have just been an optional supplementary to the Switch version. It just feels so clunky and unnecessary to have to use two separate versions of the same app.

Anyways, deleted the mobile version off my phone once I was done to save space on my already congested phone. Definitely won't be needing any of those features any time soon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
So, I finally forced myself to download and sign up for Home yesterday in order to get the Shiny Zeraora (in the last hour it was available). I've just got to remark on how silly and pointless having to download the mobile version as well felt. What's the point? Why couldn't I just get the Zeraora from the Switch version? For that matter, why are any of the "exclusive" features of the mobile version locked to it? The mobile version really should have just been an optional supplementary to the Switch version. It just feels so clunky and unnecessary to have to use two separate versions of the same app.

Anyways, deleted the mobile version off my phone once I was done to save space on my already congested phone. Definitely won't be needing any of those features any time soon.
They figure everyone uses their phones enough to justify it. Thing is, it's not always the case. Not everyone likes doing so or thinks it's practical.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
They figure everyone uses their phones enough to justify it. Thing is, it's not always the case. Not everyone likes doing so or thinks it's practical.

It can't be just that. Everyone uses their Switch as well, since you have to in order to play the games in the first place. It's not just a matter of what everyone does.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
It can't be just that. Everyone uses their Switch as well, since you have to in order to play the games in the first place. It's not just a matter of what everyone does.
Well you'd have to ask Game Freak then. No excuse for them to have certain Hone features limited to just the smartphone app.

BCVM22

Smartphones are ubiquitous, prolific, and are owned and used easily by millions of people. That's the answer every time someone complains "well why do they incorporate the smartphone?" and it will likely remain the answer. It might not be a universally-liked answer but it is accurate. And unlike GO or Masters or other resource-intensive games that certain models do have trouble running, HOME is fairly light, as apps go.

Would it be more convenient to not require use of the smartphone app to receive certain events? Probably. Is it so inconvenient that it needs to be re-litigated daily, weekly? Less probably.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Smartphones are ubiquitous, prolific, and are owned and used easily by millions of people. That's the answer every time someone complains "well why do they incorporate the smartphone?" and it will likely remain the answer. It might not be a universally-liked answer but it is accurate. And unlike GO or Masters or other resource-intensive games that certain models do have trouble running, HOME is fairly light, as apps go.

Would it be more convenient to not require use of the smartphone app to receive certain events? Probably. Is it so inconvenient that it needs to be re-litigated daily, weekly? Less probably.

I'm less concerned about the fact that it's on mobile, and more about the fact that we need to separate versions of the app to get the full range of functionality. You need the Switch version anyways, and it's not like the Switch is incapable of doing anything the mobile version can do, so what does having the phone version really add besides extra hoops to jump through? If it were possible, it could even be the other way around, and require only the mobile version, and things would still make more sense that way. It's obviously not a deal killer, and I suppose it's not even all that inconvenient, it's just bizarre design choice.

BCVM22

It's obviously not a deal killer, and I suppose it's not even all that inconvenient, it's just bizarre design choice.

Yes yes, every time.

That is what I said - minor inconvenience? Yes. More than that, to the point where it’s brought up in feigned surprise or annoyance weekly? Less yes.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Is there any way to rename the Zeraora in Home? A bad lag spike caused me to input two As and I already pressed done.