• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Oh hey the most recent update fixes the G-Max Toxitricity Pokedex issue...well mostly. Shiny G-Max Amped Form Toxitricity is still not registering for me. A shame that Hoopa Unbound seems to have gotten unregistered vis the update. Well three steps forward, one back I suppose.

Pretty much this. I'm glad the G-Max Toxtricity bug got fixed, but the same time, I've found more Pokemon on my end that are registered on Switch Home, but not Mobile Home, such as the mentioned Hoopa Unbound and Xerneas Active mode as examples. Is there a way around this or has it always been awkward?

Edit: I seemed to have fixed my personal problem by transferring a Pokemon from the older games, which filled up more of my Home Pokedex for some reason. I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me, for now...

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does Home count a portion of the pokedex complete if you catch one of every pokemon, or do you need to catch every single form? I have one of every Bug type, but I don't have all the variations like Vivillon or Wormadam

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Does Home count a portion of the pokedex complete if you catch one of every pokemon, or do you need to catch every single form? I have one of every Bug type, but I don't have all the variations like Vivillon or Wormadam
Think you only need to have to the Pokémon registered, catching all forms is not required.

Ranadiel

Pretty much this. I'm glad the G-Max Toxtricity bug got fixed, but the same time, I've found more Pokemon on my end that are registered on Switch Home, but not Mobile Home, such as the mentioned Hoopa Unbound and Xerneas Active mode as examples. Is there a way around this or has it always been awkward?

Edit: I seemed to have fixed my personal problem by transferring a Pokemon from the older games, which filled up more of my Home Pokedex for some reason. I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me, for now...
Just did this myself and it fixed the newly missing Hoopa Unbound. Also fixed the majority of shiny dex entries that I have been missing since launch. Only one still missing for me is Shiny Pharoh Trim Furfrou. Oh well missing one out of 20 images is better than the 9 I was missing before.

For what purposes? The challenges of "Register x Bug-type Pokemon" don't care about forms. Magearna likewise does not care about forms. If you wanted to get a complete Pokedex of 1261/1261 (well I guess 1262/1262), then yes you would need all the forms, but that doesn't give you anything except personal satisfaction.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just did this myself and it fixed the newly missing Hoopa Unbound. Also fixed the majority of shiny dex entries that I have been missing since launch. Only one still missing for me is Shiny Pharoh Trim Furfrou. Oh well missing one out of 20 images is better than the 9 I was missing before.

For what purposes? The challenges of "Register x Bug-type Pokemon" don't care about forms. Magearna likewise does not care about forms. If you wanted to get a complete Pokedex of 1261/1261 (well I guess 1262/1262), then yes you would need all the forms, but that doesn't give you anything except personal satisfaction.
Well, I thought I would get some kind of reward/sticker for registering every Bug type, but I didn’t get anything. The same thing goes for registering every pokémon from Kanto

Ranadiel

Well, I thought I would get some kind of reward/sticker for registering every Bug type, but I didn’t get anything. The same thing goes for registering every pokémon from Kanto
You can see all the challenges that are in Home (each of which has a sticker) on the Serebii challenges page. Only reward beyond those listed there is Magearna for completing the Dex, which does not require registering all forms.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just got a new alert on Home. Looks like they're once again rooting out the cheaters.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Just got a new alert on Home. Looks like they're once again rooting out the cheaters.
I wonder what Pokémon they’re referring to specifically. I’m guessing illegal Ball Pokémon as I’ve seen a few of these (like the Alola starters in non-standard Balls). Would much prefer the URL Pokémon being removed but I don’t see that happening.

KisuTim

Pokemon home is a little weird,I transferred final form Pokemon from bank but it seems like it took the dex info bank had and registered that I had a complete dex from gen 7 backwards.

But when transferring a final form from gen 8 into home it only registers that form not the dex info from the game like bank did

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Pokemon home is a little weird,I transferred final form Pokemon from bank but it seems like it took the dex info bank had and registered that I had a complete dex from gen 7 backwards.

But when transferring a final form from gen 8 into home it only registers that form not the dex info from the game like bank did
This happens quite a bit and is caused by some glitch. I think that Home was patched to stop it from happening so often but I’m not entirely sure. All I know is that the app has several bugs to it which some of the more serious issues were fixed with an update but others don’t seem too important to fix.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
What did the alert say?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
What did the alert say?
“It has come to our attention that some users have deposited Pokémon with altered attributes to Pokémon HOME, causing the app to function in ways that were not intended. In response, we will be addressing the presence of these altered Pokémon in Pokémon HOME.

Note: The altered Pokémon addressed in this notice cannot be obtained through any of Pokémon HOME's trading systems or through normal gameplay in any game in the Pokémon series.
Note: We will not be responding to individual inquiries regarding this issue.”

Sounds like it’s possibly referring to some poorly hacked Pokémon that turned into Bad Eggs and permanently took up space in storage as they couldn’t be withdrawn, traded or released.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
“It has come to our attention that some users have deposited Pokémon with altered attributes to Pokémon HOME, causing the app to function in ways that were not intended. In response, we will be addressing the presence of these altered Pokémon in Pokémon HOME.

Note: The altered Pokémon addressed in this notice cannot be obtained through any of Pokémon HOME's trading systems or through normal gameplay in any game in the Pokémon series.
Note: We will not be responding to individual inquiries regarding this issue.”

Sounds like it’s possibly referring to some poorly hacked Pokémon that turned into Bad Eggs and permanently took up space in storage as they couldn’t be withdrawn, traded or released.
Thanks. Just saw it. It could very well be the case. Glad they're looking into it.

Syther

Y not?
Was anyone able to get that Porygon2 code working in Home, or is it failing for others too?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Out of curiosity, what would happen to someone if they have hacked pokemon but don't do anything with them?

I don't use hacked pokemon or action replays anymore, but I do have a couple that I used in my Gens 3-5 playthroughs when I was younger (late teens early 20s) that I never got rid of because of sentimental attachment.

Out of respect for everyone else I don't use them in wifi battles or offer them as trades, and for the most part I just let them sit in storage 24/7. If I don't get rid of those pokemon & just let them sit in Home without touching them, what's the worst that could happen?

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Don't think anything would happen to them.

Phantom Wolf DX

Maybe this has been asked before, but how do you fill in the Attack Dex in Pokemon HOME?

I was able to fill in all Unregistered Abilities and Pokemon, but the Attack DeX does not fill in the unregistered moves, even if I have Pokemon with those moves in HOME.

Exp. I have a Lycanroc with Accelerock in HOME, but the HOME Attack DeX still says it is unregistered.