• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Remember, this feature is just starting to roll out. They probably still need to iron out some bugs, which is why they're having Level 40 players have it first, to test it out.
At this point, I don't care. I lost a couple of rare Pokemon that I can't get back. A pink Shellos and a Bagon. I only tried so I can get the Melmetal. At the rate I'm going, I'll never reach level 40 lol.

It let me highlight them so I could transfer them.

wanderist

Someone
The level 40 thing is apparently how they always roll out features, so that makes sense. But I'm seeing all this mess about either waiting a week for the next transfer or paying $10 per transfer, only being able to transfer one of your shiny legendaries because transfers are based off energy and I guess one shiny legandary uses up all of it? And then apparently you can't transfer your mons into SWSH if you haven't already gotten them in the game before. I've seen some of the most chill fans I've ever seen getting mad about this.

I'm not a GO player anymore so it doesn't really affect me and I'm not sure I got all the details right, but yeah, people are angry. I was thinking of reinstalling it when this feature dropped. I guess not now.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
The level 40 thing is apparently how they always roll out features, so that makes sense. But I'm seeing all this mess about either waiting a week for the next transfer or paying $10 per transfer, only being able to transfer one of your shiny legendaries because transfers are based off energy and I guess one shiny legandary uses up all of it? And then apparently you can't transfer your mons into SWSH if you haven't already gotten them in the game before. I've seen some of the most chill fans I've ever seen getting mad about this.

I'm not a GO player anymore so it doesn't really affect me and I'm not sure I got all the details right, but yeah, people are angry. I was thinking of reinstalling it when this feature dropped. I guess not now.
Then it shouldn't have let people highlight normal Pokemon for transfer and let the transfer go through. (The game acted like it did. So unless it's holding them until I reach level 40, I'm upset. The Switch version of Home wasn't able to find any of the transferred Pokemon.)

Not a fan of this given that there's still a risk of people losing Pokemon. And then they'll have to wait to try again. Not worth it. Are you kidding me? I'm wondering if that's what happened. I haven't seen Bagon, Bidoof and the others in Shield.

Last edited:

wanderist

Someone
Oh yeah that is messed up. I'm sorry about that. Like I said I haven't even touched GO in a good year so wasn't sure how they usually do things now. I had heard it wouldn't even show up for people if they weren't level 40 or higher so that's really weird.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Oh yeah that is messed up. I'm sorry about that. Like I said I haven't even touched GO in a good year so wasn't sure how they usually do things now. I had heard it wouldn't even show up for people if they weren't level 40 or higher so that's really weird.
Word. Thanks. Yea it is. It kind of surprised me. But I might as well check for the Melmetal.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m at level 22. It had better not end up being a level 40 and above feature or else I will be really upset.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Don't blame ya there.

It didn't work. So no Gmax Melmetal for me right now.

Thankfully got a Bagon off the GTS to kind of replace the one that I lost.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Yeah, but the question is how long will it take until other players can use the feature? I'm currently only at level 33 & I don't think I'll be able to reach level 40 any time soon. Do we have to wait a couple of hours, a couple of days, or a couple of months?

Also, does anyone know what the transferred pokemon's OTs are? Do they keep the username from your Go account, or do they use the one from your Home account?

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Fortunately for me, I have a near-complete National Dex in my Home account. Still missing Zamazenta, Zarude, Regidrago and Spectrier. Plan on getting three of them in my Shield playthrough. Have a feeling the Zarude international event is not too far in the future.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I’m at level 22. It had better not end up being a level 40 and above feature or else I will be really upset.
This is, very likely, a feature they plan to roll out, just like the numerous other updates they've rolled out to players throughout Go's history.

The stamina meter/pokecoin price isn't a good implementation, but I am going to predict that Niantic will ameliorate this problem in the forseeable future. Which is why I think they are only doing this for level 40 players right now.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
This is, very likely, a feature they plan to roll out, just like the numerous other updates they've rolled out to players throughout Go's history.

The stamina meter/pokecoin price isn't a good implementation, but I am willing to predict that Niantic will ameliorate this problem in the forseeable future. Which is why I think they are only doing this for level 40 players right now.
Yea... but if it's a roll out, then better make sure that people aren't able to make transfers like I did at an earlier level. Nothing stopped or prevented me from doing so.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Yea... but if it's a roll out, then better make sure that people aren't able to make transfers like I did at an earlier level. Nothing stopped or prevented me from doing so.
A glitch, perhaps?

I'm level 34, and I haven't seen the option yet.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

wanderist

Someone
Yeah, but the question is how long will it take until other players can use the feature? I'm currently only at level 33 & I don't think I'll be able to reach level 40 any time soon

Also, does anyone know what the transferred pokemon's OTs are? Do they keep the username from your Go account, or do they use the one from your Home account?

Not sure, I hope it isn't too long. Maybe with any luck they'll listen to some of the feedback and change some things by then?

I do hope this all gets better soon. I know so many people were looking forward to this since Home's announcement, it's kinda sad to see how much of a struggle and disappointment it's been for people who have gotten to use it so far.

KillerDraco

Every other feature Pokemon Go has done usually is restricted to level 40 players... for like a day. They literally make it a stress test and then it rolls out to everyone pretty quickly after that.

You probably won't be waiting long.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Stamina system seems really pointless. Why artificially limit the amount of Pokemon you can transfer like that? Well, let's be real. You can restore the energy with coins, and Niantic knows people are gonna spend money on that.

Also I love that you can't transfer Spinda lol.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just checked and sadly the Pokemon are gone for good.

Here's the transfer screen.

706348108afeebc1d0f0bc062532ddf3e7edf562.jpg

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
You need to calm down. Perhaps you could try contacting Niantic or the Pokemon Company about this issue.
I am calm (got over any anger pretty quickly, just was double checking things and sharing it with you guys first in case others ran into the same issue). Thanks. I'll be doing that next.