• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Hospital

Welcome to Healing Hope Hospital, the biggest hospital in all of the Farlen Region.

The hospital was built only a few years ago, and no expense was spared. The building has multiple floors and the most cutting edge equipment. There is no lack of facilities, but one thing is missing - staff. Thus, Healing Hope Hospital became known as a perfect starting place for interns straight out of Medical School, as they could easily work their way into a more senior position.

Under the watchful eye of the hospital board, a new batch of interns are starting at Healing Hope Hospital. The competition is fierce, and the only way to move forward is to work hard, cure patients and most importantly get the credit. Will they work together as a team to help as many Pokémon as possible? Or will it be every man for himself?

Pokemon Hospital is a game based around diagnosing and treating patients in a hospital for Pokémon. The game is divided into two "rounds".

The first round, I will introduce a bunch of Pokémon patients with varying ailments - the players will have to ask them questions and turn tests to diagnose these patients. The first player to successfully diagnose a patient gets a promotion point, and the player that successfully treats the patient also gets a promotion point.
In the second round, there will be a crisis, and whichever player steps up to deal with it in the best fashion will get 5 promotion points. After the crisis is dealt with, we begin a new first round and the cycle keeps going.

The overarching goal is to reach the top of the hospital chain of command, with each player's representative starting as an intern (at the bottom) aiming to one day become chief resident (at the top). Every five promotion points, the players representative will be promoted. To reach the chief resident position, a player would need 50 promotion points.

RULES
1. Respect each other!
2. Patience is key! I'll update as often as I can, but please remember I have a life.
3. Discussion between patients and a player's representative and is essential and therefore feel free to have your representative talk to the patients - that said, try and keep it medically focused rather than inane chatter.
4. Discussion between player representatives is allowed IF it is related to diagnosis, treatment OR an ongoing crisis. Anything else is to be kept to a bare minimum.
5. If too much bad medical advice comes from a player representative they will lose some promotion points.
6. Don't spam.
7. Please understand my word is final.

NPCS​
Hospital Staff:
Glory Muttan - A serious and stern Poliwag. she supervises the interns.
Nickel Road - A ditzy but well meaning Audino. She helps whenever she can.
Board of Directors:
Gordy Golden - Member on the board of directors. Rich, beautiful, and mysterious... But also doesn't know anything about healthcare.
Jasmine Numbance - Member on the board of directors. Lawyer specializing in medical malpractice law suits.
Sonny Masters - Member on the board of directors. Famous innovator in the field of mental health.
Helga Kush - Head of the board of directors. A fantastic doctor in her day who made various revolutionary improvements to the medical field. Nowadays, she's a little old to practice but helps guide tomorrow's geniuses as the head of the board of directors.
Benny Blizzard - Member of the board of directors. Hot shot plastic surgeon who seems to belong more in Hollywood than a general hospital like Healing Hope.

To join the game, sign up your representative using the following sign up sheet.. They will automatically start out as an intern. They can be based off yourself, or an original creation!

Name: (What we should call them)
Species: (Their pokemon species. Like Poliwag ;060;)
Brief Personality:
Additional Information: (such as allergies or anything else it'd be important to know in a hospital)

For example purposes here is my character's sign up.

Name: Glory Muttan
Species: ;060;
Brief Personality: Strict and studious, she puts patients' needs before her own.
Additional Information: None

Staff
OWNER - Pokemon Special
OFFICERS - MarshtompMan
The owner of the game is in charge, basically. I decide patients, etc. Officers can enforce the rules and accept player representatives.​

MarshtompMan - Blake Cross
Shaymin_Girl - Thomas O'Malley
Octoboy - Oslo
Infernobat - Arron
Monster Guy - Tim
Fango Pango - Hopewell βutton
Trot Away - Avan Dubai
Grey Walrus - Ness

EDIT: Added Species field cause I forgot it in the original post, also added MarshtompMan as an officer.

EDIT 2: Added flavour text and accepted members list.

Last edited:

Hydrangea

ask me about my ocs pls
Staff member
Name: Thomas O'Malley
Species: Pachirisu ;417;
Brief Personality: Passionate, flirty, and full of himself. Thomas is infamous for flirting with widows, single women, and any other female that comes into his care.
Additional Information: Blood type B-, allergic to peanuts

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Name: Oslo
Species: ;085;
Brief Personality: They say three heads are better than one; this guy is a testament to that, as his 3 heads work together excellently to solve problems. His left head, Blue, is skilled at evaluating and diagnosing problems, while his right head, Coo, is excellent at finding solutions to them. His middle head, Stu, is great at executing the solutions super well.
Additional Information: He's pretty quick on his feet, but lacking hands, isn't the best at carrying things or pushing carts.

For example purposes here is my character's sign up.

Infernobat.

Negative
Name: Arron
Species: :613:
Brief Personality: A young and friendly Pokemon with a strong desire to help others.
Additional Information: He has a constantly ruining nose which causes him great annoyance.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Name: Tim
Species: ;351;
Personality: A timid Pokemon who is sensitive, and tends to get scared easily. He very kindhearted when you get to know him. He wants to be a doctor to help others.
Additional Information: He dislikes violence. He is uncomfortable by the sight of blood, but knows it's part of the job. He is a vegetarian

Last edited:

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
Name: Hopewell βutton
Species: ;176;
Brief Personality: Hopewell Sutton is from a family of nurses, so it was no surprise to her mother or her siblings that she too became a nurse. Because of this, she has a lot of experience in the field, helping where she could, and because of this she's lost any squeamish tendencies she may have had, and is very serious about her profession. However, she can be a bit clumsy sometimes, which has given her and others many more injuries than there were before she got involved.
Additional Information: N/A

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Name: Avan Dubai
Species: Zweilous :634:
Brief Personality: A truly split personality. The Right head is generally gentle and sympathetic, he prefers to work with patients with physical issues. The Left head is more blunt and inconsiderate, and is good at probing the minds of patients who are more mentally unwell. The two heads often bicker about who's right; When one head pulls one way, the other pulls the opposite(Often literally!). When they do put their heads together he's quite efficient at his work.
Additional Information: Funny bit of trivia - Avan R really likes Fairy types, while Avan L has a heavy phobia of them.

(Everyone is accepted - signs ups are still open but I'm going to begin now!)

Round 1​

;060; Welcome, interns. You must all be excited to begin working at the most prestigious medical facility in all of Novus, but before I can let you attend to the first batch of patients, I feel like I should introduce myself. I'm Glory Muttan, and I shall be acting as your supervisor for the moment. Let it be known that I report to the board of directors - so both your failures and successes will be in the hands of those who have the power to fire or promote you.
;060; Feel free to ask me if you have any questions. I am here to help, although I must note I'm here strictly to observe and give advice - caring for patients is your collective prerogative.

---​

:531: Hello, I'm Nickel. I'll be assisting you all, so I hope we all get along well!
:531: Today we have four patients. I'll read out their files to you, in order.

First patient is Timmy the Pikachu. Timmy is 15 years old and has had no past health issues. He is complaining about a stomach ache. He seemed moderately embarrassed, so I didn't press further.

Second patient is Sarah the Sandshrew. She is 30 years old. She is running a moderate fever. She is diabetic.

Third patient is Hector the Mr Mime. He is 57 years old and has burns of some sort all around his body. He is otherwise in good health. When he was found, he was in no state to tell us anything, so my advice is to try and uncover the source of the burns so we know what we're dealing with, exactly. This case is by far the most serious of today's patients.

Finally, our fourth patient is Candy the Raticate. She's 19 years old and has no history of physical health issues. She has been seeing a therapist for her low self esteem for around six years now. She's complaining of feeling extremely tired to the point it's affecting her college life. I get the feeling there might be more going on here, but that's just me!

:531: Please feel free to speak to the patients to get more information. It's important to have the full picture before diagnosis.

Wind?

My name is Quiliver.
Name: Ness
Species:
677.png

Brief Personality: Ness is a scholar in all kinds of psychic energy. He wants to use this knowledge for healing purposes. He is adventurous, excitable and always willing to lend a hand. Given that he is still learning he will sometimes slip up and use a psychic power in the wrong situation. Being an adventurer he is very couragous, but will sometimes think he is the main character and insist he should do somethings by himself.

Additional Information: He is easily sunburnt and will sometimes fall faint when he uses too much energy

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
;351; Hey Timmy! I'm Tim, this is so funny. ^w^ Oh gosh, I understand why you would be nervous about this... It's ok, though. A lot of people have to go to the doctor. It's perfectly normal... We're just here to help. I'm not really sure how to ask this myself... but... Um... H-h-have you had to go to the bathroom a lot lately?

(OOC: Am I doing this right?)

Last edited:

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
:634: So, who are we seeing to first, L? I don't care, R. As long as it's not the Mr. Mime first. I'm not...comfortable being around a Fairy type! Of course, L...Let's tend to Candy first. Hrrgh...oof! Wrong way, doofus. She's this way! Right...

Afternoon, Candy! You can call us Avan. Now let's see, no prior history...Oh, how interesting! So you've been seeing a Therapist...For what, 6 years? So you should know what's wrong with you by now...L, how could you say that! Forgive my other half, he can be rather crass...Don't impede my progress, R! Now give it to me straight. You've been complaining about feeling really tired, what have you been eating lately, if at all? Also, do you mind telling me a little about this Therapist?

(OOC: By the way, are we allowed to ask multiple questions? Or just one each time?)

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
;351; Oh dear... I think I have an idea about what might be wrong but I'll need to confirm some things first. *Turns to Timmy's mom* Um... has your son complained about eating something that tasted funny? Or eaten too much food?

(Ask as many questions as you want! One thing I will mention is that I'd prefer if a player only questions one patient at a time, but aside from that go nuts.)
;026; (Timmy's mother): How would I know? I don't feed him, the boy is meant to feed himself at this point, he's 15. He's probably fine, he's faking it just because he doesn't want to go to school today.. although I guess school is already over.
---
;020; Ummm, what is it to you? Like that's my personal life, what does it have to do with anything? You guys are like totally rude and unprofessional... is there a way to yelp review this hospital? Anyway, even though it's a major faux pas to ask a girl what she's been eating recently, I'll tell you cause I wanna feel better. I've been eating healthily, a lot of oats and fruit. Recently just thinking about greasy food makes me feel ill, so trust me, my diet is fine. And my sessions with my therapist are confidential for a good reason, you have no reason to ask about any of that!
:531: Please, Candy. Any amount of information can help us, we're not trying to be nosy, I swear. We're just following all possible leads.
;020; Hmm... okay, fine. When I was younger my self-esteem issues made me get pushed around a lot, I'd just do whatever anyone said... Later I began to overcompensate by being hostile and aggressive to just about everyone. I had anger issues and my life was basically falling apart. My therapist has helped me a lot. Trust me, I wouldn't be able to tell you all of this if it wasn't for her.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
(Noted!)

:634: I see. So you've been subject to bullying and peer pressure? Sorry to hear that...Well that'll drive anyone mad! But to feel better about it you become a jerk yourself? Well, there are worse ways to overcompensate. L, please! Anyway, Candy. Do you mind me asking you of the most recent event that set you off? Other than my other half, of course... Hey! But yeah, we'd also wanna know how an average day in College is for you?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
;085;: Blue: Sarah appears to have a fever. That is most often caused by an incurable virus, so there's probably not much we can do with her *hangs head*

;085;: Coo: C'mon, Blue, it can probably be something we can fix. We've fixed a lot in the practice runs at school.

;085;: Blue: Sure, I guess... How about we give you this thermometer, Sarah. Now, has anything else been making you feel awful recently?

;085;: Coo: We should get more information before assuming this is serious. Fevers often subside on their own, just like the one Stu had about a month ago.

;085: Blue: I couldn't tell the difference, Stu's always a hot-head.

;020; I guess when my roommate was getting all in my business about my boyfriend. She was being way irrational and dissing him and I just wasn't having it, I just packed up and walked out. That was like, 4 months ago. I haven't been able to face going back so I've been staying with my boyfriend for the time being. As for my average day, I don't really do anything special. Get up, eat breakfast, go to classes, study, hang out with friends or my boyfriend or like whatever. It's pretty average. Recently I've been exhausted though, it's hard to concentrate.
---
;027; I guess I'm kinda distractable and sleepy... and I think my hay fever is acting up cause my nose is stuffy.
:531: Her temperature is 39 Celsius / 102.2 Fahrenheit.

Wind?

My name is Quiliver.
677.png
- I think I will visit Hector.
*He looks at the doctor's notes*
677.png
Let's see. I don't know a lot about burns, but I have been burnt by the sun quite a bit. His burns are clearly not that, but I need to see the level of degree his burns are. Once I know that I know which psychic energy will be best to heal this severe of a burn. The best way to do that is to see the level of damage has been done. I do not think he is up to asking questions, but I will try.
*Ness enters the room*
677.png
- So, Hector. What was the cause of the burns? Do not answer if you dont feel like it