• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Impact 3 (Rated PG13)

From the past 2 series, which is your favourite battle scene / Pokemon battle so far?

• Tyranitar vs Blaziken (Series 1, Episode 2, Chapter 4)

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Black Jack Vs Cassandra (Series 1, Episode 3, Chapter 5)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Jack Vs Mewtwo (Series 1, Episode 4, Chaptesr 2 – 3)

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Black Jack Vs Ash (Series 1, Episode 7, Chapters 2 – 4)

• Black Jack and Ash Vs William Mane (Series 1, Episodes 9 and 10)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Ash Vs Mutant Kecleon (Series 2, Episode 5, Chapter 2)

• Wes and co. Vs Team Dark's tank (Series 2, Episode 3, Chapter 2 - 3)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Black Jack Vs Damien Tusk (Series 2, Episode 10, Chapters 1 – 2)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Black Jack, Ash and Wes Vs Team Dark’s psycho pokemon (Series 2, Episode 11, Chapter 1 – 3)

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Please Specify in post)

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Episode 5: Remembering

Chapter 1

“Well, boss,” Jerry said as he and his friends stood at the port. “It looks like we’re gonna have a nice day for it.”

He was correct. It was a nice sunny day for a cruise ship trip to one of the Seveii Islands, and news had it that wasn’t going to rain for a day or so, which it would take for the ship to arrive to that location. Each passenger was carrying their own backpacks and luggage.

Everyone walked up onto the ramp and on board the ship where they were welcomed by a medium built, bearded old man in a captain’s uniform. “Welcome, Prof. Oak,” he said politely with a smile on his face. “On behalf of Prof. Hale, I hope that you and your friends enjoy the cruise.”

“You got a tavern here?” Black Jack asked.

“Of course, sir,” the captain replied, giving him the directions of how to get there.

“It’s eleven in the morning, Black Jack,” Oak said, surprised that his companion wanted to have an alcoholic drink early in the day. “Can’t you have them later?”

“I’m going to walk around for a while. You cubs do whatever you want,” Black Jack said, ignoring what Oak said while walking away. “Just don’t get in trouble.”

“By the way, captain,” Prof. Oak said, deciding. “Has my other guests arrived yet?”

“Why yes, sir,” the captain said. “Everyone is on board.”

“Alice, you don’t seem to be worried by this,” Prof. Kesner said, sounding worried for Black Jack’s niece.

“Oh, don’t worry,” Alice replied, with assurance in her tone. “He likes to take a walk around on his own every now and again.”

“What about his drinking habits?”

“He does drink a lot but not once has he got drunk so I have no worries about that.”

Prof. Kesner’s eyes widened with shock. “I guess he has this body system that is immune to alcohol,” he said.

Meanwhile in one of the locations, Black Jack slowly walked through corridors, suspicious of what might occur during this cruise trip. The floor was made from polished wood and there were numerous doors that lead to different guest rooms. While he strolled, he spotted a small yellow rodent running across the halls and sensed a presence familiar to him but he didn’t care.

Back to Alice and friends, they too were taking a little stroll around the ship. Oak and Kesner were not with them as they decided to look for their rooms and talk about their past discoveries. Soon, Jerry came to a sudden halt and sniffed out a scent, much to his friends’ curiosity.

“What is it, Jerry?” Cassandra asked.

Jerry walked into another direction while the others followed. They soon came into a room there were numerous tables and chairs were placed neatly, people in uniforms doing their jobs and food was being served to other guests. It was the cafeteria.

“You had us follow you around for that?” Christie asked. “You just had breakfast, Jerry,”

Jerry looked back them with a dull look on his face as a growling noise occurred from his stomach. That was his response.

“You can if want to,” Alice said, letting out a sigh. “Just don’t get yourself a stomach ache like last time.”

“And don’t worry us again unless it’s important, man,” Keith said with a frown as he and his other friends walked out.

“Hey, wait a sec,” Jerry called. “Where will I find you guys when I finish my snack?”

“I spotted a sign that said ‘battling hall’ while we were following you,” Keith said. “Suppose we could meet up there?”

“Where was that?” Jerry asked scratching his head.

“We just…” Wally started, and then he remembered that Jerry was only following his nose while running towards. “It’s just down that hall and then to your left,” he answered while showing him the directions.

“Great,” Jerry said as his stomach growled even more. “Patience, my pet,” he said evilly as he gently patted his hand on his gut while walking to the counter.

As he walked away, everyone else walked out of the cafeteria to make their way to the battling hall.

Meanwhile, Black Jack visited the tavern. Numerous tables and chair were placed in different locations of the room and a number of drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, were behind the counter. A man in a waiter’s uniform, a chubby face and a flat top haircut, quickly rose up from behind the counter. Despite the man’s quick appearance, Black Jack wasn’t at least surprised as he walked over to the counter. “I’ll have a beer,” he said as he tossed a dollar note on it.

“Right away, sir,” the man said as he ducked down and picked up a bottle of his favourite beverage.

Black Jack grabbed hold of the bottle and took the bottle cap off with his teeth and spat it out into a nearby bin. He took a swig of beer as he began to walk out, spotting the same rodent running into another direction. “Him again,” he said.

Back at the cubs’ location, they arrived at the battling hall where numerous trainers were battling each other. There were ten battle fields in the room with trainers were battling in single or tag team battles. One field in particular had a crowd of people and pokemon surrounding it, observing the match. Interested of what was going on, Alice and her friends walked over to that particular field.

As they arrived, they saw two trainers battling each other. One of them was more recognisable than the other, especially for Alice. He was about the same age as her was wearing a green t-shirt, white thick trousers, black trainers, a pair of glasses and had black short hair. He was battling with a huge white furry gorilla like pokemon, Slaking, who was resting on his side and scratching his belly, against another trainer who was battling with his with a smaller gorilla like creature, Primeape, who appeared to have a vain throbbing in his head.

“Okay, Primeape!” yelled one of the trainers. “Use your Mach Punch attack!”

The Primeape, with the speed of a shot out bullet, ran towards the lazy Slaking. “Slaking! Use your Endure!” the other trainer instructed.

The Slaking didn’t appear to be moving despite his trainer’s command as the angry pokemon slammed his fist right in his gut. To everyone’s surprise, the Slaking wasn’t even fazed despite receiving a strong fighting move delivered by his opponent.

“What the heck! That never happened before!” the Primeape’s trainer yelled in disbelief.

“It happened now,” the Slaking’s trainer replied calmly. “My turn. Slaking! Seismic Toss!”

Slaking quickly stood up from his resting position and quickly grabbed his opponent’s face with one paw and tossed him up into the air. “Primeape!” his trainer yelled. “Regain your balance! Land on your feet!”

Primeape responded as he somersaulted in mid-air and landed on his feet but lost his balance upon landing. The glasses wearing trainer saw his chance. “Now’s your chance, Slaking! Body Slam attack!”

Slaking bored looking eyes became evil-like as he ran towards the angry pokemon and then leapt a great height into the air. As the Primeape got up, he looked to where his opponent was but he was no longer.

“Primeape!” his trainer yelled. “It’s coming from above!”

The Primeape looked up and saw the falling giant coming down on him. His face was no longer showing any anger but shock and fear before getting crushed thunderously by the nearly three hundred pound Slaking.

Dusts began scattering around the field as the impact occured. After the dust cleared, Slaking slowly got off the unconscious Priemape’s flattened body, no longer able to move. The audience was silent with awe.

“Ouch,” one of them said finally.

“Looks like Primeape’s unable to battle,” the Slaking’s trainer said as he zapped him back into his pokeball.

“Er... yeah,” the Primeape’s trainer replied nervously as he zapped back his. “Good match... er... bye.”

He was about to leave but the better trainer called for him to stop. “Hey, don’t leave,” he said loudly. The opposition stopped, wanting to know what he wanted. The trainer with the spectacles walked over to him and offered to shake his hand. “Good match?” he asked.

The other trainer looked down on his hand and smiled as he shook his hand, responding that it was a good match. There were no bad or hard feelings between these trainers as the losing trainer walked away while the winning trainer looked on with a smile on his face. The winning trainer’s name was Max Maple.

“Hey there, Max,” Alice’s voice called out to him, catching the winner’s attention.

He turned towards the voice that he found familiar. “Hey, Alice,” he said, recognising the girl walking towards him. “Long time, no see.”

They both clasped hands in a welcoming fashion. “Hey, guys,” Alice called to her friends while everyone else walked away, looking to watch over matches. “Come over here.”

“Hey there, Max,” Cassandra and Wally said in unison, their Gardevoirs also said ‘hello’ to him but in their own language. Alice then introduced Max to her other friends, Keith, Christie and Shakespeare.

“I’ve heard about you,” Christie said. “You came close to winning the Hoenn and Johto League championship.”

“Yeah,” Max said as he placed his hand on the back of head, feeling slightly ashamed.

“There’s nothing to feel bad about,” Alice said. “I came close to winning a couple of championships myself. By the way, how’s your sister doing?”

“Why don’t you ask her yourself?” Max replied as he pointed to the person behind her. Everyone turned to the direction that Max was pointing at and saw two figures coming towards them.

One was a girl, fifteen years old, had brown that was long on side of her head; she was wearing a red sleeveless jacket and miniskirt over her tight shorts, a green bandanna over head, black socks, red trainers and black and white training gloves. The other was quite taller, he was tanned skinned, had brown spiky hair and small eyes; he was wearing a green vest over his black and orange t-shirt, thick brown trousers and blue and white trainers. They were old friends of Alice’s, May Maple and Brock.

“Hey, everyone,” May said walking towards them. “How are thing?”

“Everything’s fine,” Alice said happily. “Boy, have we got a lot of catching up to do.”

Before anyone could say another word, Jerry walked into the scene with his hand on his stomach. “Guys,” he said catching everyone’s attention. “You never guessed how many pancakes I ate in that cafeteria. I...”

He then looked at Alice and the others and realised that he interrupted their conversation. “Sorry about that, Alice. I...” he said before taking another look at Brock, Max and May. “Hey, you guys look familiar somehow,” he said with his eyes narrowed.

“Brock, Max, May,” Alice said, feeling slightly nervous. “This is Jerry.”

“Hi,” Jerry said, still deep thought as he shook each of their hands. After he shook May’s hand, which was the third hand he shook, his eyes widened with shock as he finally remembered who they were. “I remember now! May’s popular for her participation in pokemonn contests, Max’s famous for competing in the last two pokemon leagues and Brock appeared on a cooking show to show how to bake a strawberry surprise cake for a Chikorita’s birthday... and I just shook each and every one of your hands! This is so cool!” he continued excitedly, while his friends, old and new, looked on sheepishly. “I have a friend who is a celebrity and knows other celebrities!”

“Hold it down, Jerry. Hold it down,” Keith said, placing his hand on his shoulder, trying to calm his friend.

“Wait a minute here,” Jerry said, suddenly becoming slightly puzzled. “If you’re here, Max, and if May’s here, and Paris is somewhere in France… does that mean…?”

Meanwhile, Black Jack stood at the end on the ship, looking at the waves of the ocean while holding a bottle of beer in hand. As he drank another gulp he felt a familiar presence and some footsteps coming towards him yet he did not turn around.

“Pika!” squeaked a small voice, catching Black Jack’s attention. He looked down and saw a small yellow mouse with a red circle marking on each cheek.

“Critter,” Black Jack replied back.

He turned to his other direction and saw a young man, who was a foot shorter, standing next to him. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans, red and white trainers, a black t-shirt underneath his white jacket with black T on the back and fingerless black glove on each hand. He had small zigzag markings underneath each eye and scruffy hair that reached down to his shoulder blades.

Five years ago, Black Jack met this young man for the very first time at a Pokemon League in Hoenn. When they first battled, they fought hard and valiantly against each other and they had immediate respect for each other despite Black Jack’s violent nature.

They were then put into a situation where they had to face a great enemy who captured Black Jack’s family and some really rare pokemon, like Suicune and Zapdos. After fighting a long and hard battle, they managed to gain a victory against one of the most unforgiving opponents they ever faced.

Six months later, they teamed up to take down a criminal organisation in Oore, who mistreated pokemon and used them as biological weapons. Their toughest battle was against six of the strongest, and psychotic, pokemon who would use any means of violence to beat them. Despite that that too was a hard battle for them, and their associates, defeating those two pokemon trainers proved to be futile since Black Jack had a violent nature and this young man had a courageous heart.

This young man was the trainer that Black Jack respected the most.

Ash Ketchum, now twenty years of age, is here. “So,” he said. “How’s life going?”
------------------------------------------------------------------------
More coming! Reviews please!

Last edited:

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Dark_Charizard: I will and you’ll be reading! Thanks for the endorsement!

Sike Saner: I take it that you like Slaking better than Primeape but out of curiosity, why? Ash, yep, he’ll be sticking around.

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Chapter 2

It was half-an-hour after Black Jack and Ash met up after five years of going their separate ways. During that time they had been talking about old times while watching the pokemon they released to get some fresh air.

Along with Black Jack’s pokemon and Pikachu, Ash released his ice-ball like creature that had horns on each side of his head called a Glalie, a large gecko pokemon called Sceptile, an armoured elephant creature known as Donphan, a large red, white and black bird pokemon Swellow, and a small blue crocodile Totodile.

While others were playing tag, Sceptile and Chan were looking at the waves of the sea, Salamence and Metagross were taking a nap under the bright sun, and Totodile and Feraligatr were taking a nice swim close to the ship.

“Remember in the Orre region when Brock asked officer Jenny if she wanted to come along and get some doughnuts?” Black Jack asked showing a small smile.

Ash let out a huge laugh, remembering that particular moment. “Yeah,” Ash said. “Misty could’ve gave him a knuckle sandwich there.”

After Ash stopped laughing to let out a small sigh, attempting to breath in a normal way. “So what was Alice’s toughest gym battle?” Ash asked as the conversation continued.

“I don’t often do this… but I got to say that Waterflower was her toughest battle,” Black Jack said.

“You mean Misty?” Ash asked with a slight surprise in his voice. When he was at a young age, he and Misty had a great bond of friendship during their pokemon journey… maybe even more than that. When she had to depart for her hometown Cerulean City he felt as though as his heart became broken because of everything they had been through.

It was a year later that she returned back to his life to see him compete in the Hoenn League against Black Jack. After a series of events happened afterwards, Ash and Misty spoke and Ash confessed his love to her. They had been together as a couple since despite that they were far away from each other.

“Yep,” Black Jack continued. “She and I also had one heck of a battle. I can remember it like it was yesterday…”

-Flashback-

It was two years ago when Black Jack and Alice were travelling in the Kanto region in an attempt to compete in the Pokemon League. In order to compete in the event, Alice would have to defeat eight gym leaders of Kanto, one of them was Misty Waterflower, one of Black Jack’s old associates, the love of Ash’s life and leader of the Cerulean City Gym.

They were driving towards a dome shaped building with a gigantic seal Dewgong statue at the front. This was the Cerulean City gym, where Alice would challenge her for a Cascade badge to show that she did beat her.

As they entered the gym, they looked around to see if anyone’s there to greet them. Unfortunately, there wasn’t. They heard some loud cheering coming from the corridors and walked towards them. Some time after following the joyous applauds they walked into an entrance door and came across a large hall containing a large number of people sitting on the spectators’ benches on each side of the hall and a large swimming being used by three women in bathing suits and various water pokemon such white seal pokemon Dewgong as they danced like a synchronising swimming team. They appeared to be finishing off their performance as they rose above the surface of the pool while balancing on top of each Dewgongs’ nose.

“I think we got the wrong place, uncle,” Alice said as she looked on with a puzzled look on her face.

“No, I know this place,” Black Jack said looking around. “Waterflower must be around here somewhere.”

“Oh… my… Bl-Black Jack!” a man behind them stuttered nervously yet excitedly. He was wearing some everyday clothing.

Black Jack’s eyes widened as he had a feeling that a fan like that man would be asking him for his autograph. He always hated being famous. He quickly turned around and vertically pressed his index finger on his lips signalling the young man to be quiet. “Shush, kid,” he whispered. “Have you seen the gym leader here?”

“I can’t believe it!” yelled another fan much to Black Jack’s dismay. This time it was a woman wearing a yellow t-shirt, blue skirt, and brown sandals. She also had brown shoulder length hair and was walking into the entranceway.

Soon, more and more people were looking into Black Jack’s direction, no longer giving any attention to the swimming team’s performance. “Great,” Black Jack said in a down tone as the crowd started chanting his name. “What am I to do now?”

“Er… sign a bunch of autographs?” Alice replied sheepishly as he looked towards the fans.

“What’s going on here?” a young girl asked, catching their attention. She was wearing a yellow, sleeveless t-shirt with a hood at the back, a pair of blue shorts, white socks and red shoes. She had ginger hair with a short ponytail at the side of her head. She was the leader of the Cerulean City, Misty Waterflower. Standing next to her was a little blue mouse that had a zigzag tail with a blue ball at the end; the creature’s name was Marill. Another creature was standing behind her was a Psyduck, a small yellow duck who had three short hairs and had his wings holding his head as though he was having a headache.

“Thank, whoever, that you’re here,” he said. “I was about to tell those people to shut it but they won’t listen.”

“Hey! What’s, like, the deal here?” yelled another girl. She had long blond hair and was wearing a red swimsuit. She was one of members of the swimming team and Misty’s older sister, Daisy who was drying herself up with a towel after performing the show.

“Don’t blame me,” Black Jack said. “These folks must think that this is pantomime or something.”

Black Jack looked at his niece and then back at Misty. “Hey, Waterflower, you remember Alice, my niece?” he asked attempting to stop the situation being awkward.

“Hey, Alice,” Misty said, pleased to see one of her old friends. They were introduced five years ago after Black Jack saved Alice in a rescue. “It’s been a while.”

“A long while if you ask me,” Alice replied, also pleased to see her. “I mean, five years.”

“We want Black Jack! We want Misty!” the crowd chanted much to their surprise.

“What do they want?” Daisy asked in curiosity.

“Knowing those kinds of chants,” Black Jack said knowingly as he liked to watch sport shows. “They want to see me and Waterflower battle.”

“What!?” Misty said in surprise while the crowd still chanted for them to battle.

“What?” Black Jack asked mockingly. “Ya scared?”

“Humph. Why would I be scared?” Misty asked back, showing her confident face. “I’m just surprise that the audience would rather see us battle than to see all that dancing.”

“Hey! I heard that!” Daisy complained.

“Well, I did say it out loud,” Misty said.

“Uncle, I thought she and I were gonna battle,” Alice said.

“Not now, kid, uncle’s busy,” Black Jack replied. Alice responded by showing a dull look on her face. “I’m kidding. Seriously, if you watch the match you could learn something from this.”

“Okay. Good point.”

“Waterflower, you on?” Black Jack asked turning towards his upcoming opponent.

“As the leader of the Cerulean City gym, it is my one of my duties to accept every challenge,” Misty said, showing her arrogance as gym trainer.

“Looks like you gym leaders and I have something in common,” Black Jack said showing his small evil smile.

Soon, the stage was set as a number of large, pink and yellow plastic boards floating on top of the surface of the pool. Black Jack and Misty stood on each side of the pool; she showed a determined look on her face while he showed no expression.

Before the match, they both agreed to use only one pokemon each and would release them at the same time. Standing between them was Alice, acting like a referee for the match while Daisy, Marill, Psyduck and the others were watching as spectators.

“This will be a one-on-one pokemon battle! The first pokemon to knock the opponent out will be declared the winner,” Alice announced loudly, raising both her hands up into the air. “Both trainers release your pokemon… NOW!” she yelled as she quickly waved them downwards.

“Go!” Misty yelled as she threw out her pokeball, releasing a blue, gigantic sea snake, Gyarados.

At the same time, Black Jack tossed out his chosen poekball. “Time to whip some,” he said, releasing Chan the Blaziken, much to most of the audience’s shock, as he landed safely on top of the floating boards.

“Is… Black Jack out of his mind?” one of the spectators whispered to the other. “I mean a fire type pokemon battling a water type like Gyarados?”

“Don’t ever count Black Jack out,” the other spectator said. “I heard that his Blaziken suffered much more than just being soaked.”

That audience member was right, despite Blaziken’s type disadvantage and that they were battling on Misty’s battlefield she didn’t show confidence on her face, instead she looked absolutely focused. Things were very close to even as Gyrardos let out a loud roar in an attempt to intimidate the opposition but neither Black Jack nor Chan were intimidated.

Alice raised her hand up vertically. “And now… BEGIN!” she yelled as she moved it downwards as though she was slicing through the air.

“Gyarados! Hydro Pump!” Misty instructed quickly.

Gyarados heavily breathed in and quickly shot out a huge fountain of water out of his mouth. “Pretty basic if you ask me,” Black Jack said with criticism. “Chan! You know what to do!”

“(Uh-huh),” Chan replied with confidence in his tone as he leapt from his floating board making Gyarados hit that instead, knocking it away.

“Land on the board over there!” Black Jack instructed loudly as he pointed to another board on his right. While he was still airborne, Chan looked at the object that his trainer pointed to and attempted to land safely on it.

“Gyarados! Use your Hydro Pump on that floating board!” Misty yelled. The huge snake quickly shot out another huge fountain of water and hit the board, knocking it away.

Despite the board being knocked away, Chan remained in his focused state as his feet safely landed on the surface of the water and then quickly leapt from it, much to the shock of the audience. He then performed a somersault and landed safely on another board; he then rubbed his nose while sniffing before getting into his battling stance again.

“How did he do that?” Misty asked in an impressed tone.

“Lots of practice,” Black Jack replied simply. “Now, Chan, hit them with your Triple Kick!”

Chan nodded before he leapt a great height towards Gyarados’s head. Misty saw her this as an advantage as she knew that fighters like Chan should not attack straight on. “Gyarados! Hydro Pump again!” Misty yelled. Gyarados shot out another huge fountain of water towards him, attempting to hit him in a close range.

The attack missed as the red fighter dodged out of the way by millimetres. He then dived down, feet first, towards the blue snake and slammed his heavy yet quick kick attacks three consecutive times before landing on top of another board.

Gyarados shook away the dizziness after taking three hefty consecutive blows to the head and looked maliciously at his opponent, who stood in fighting stance waiting for the Gyarados to attack or for Black Jack to call out another order. “You’re Gyarados is tough, I’ll give you that,” Black Jack said across the battlefield. “Normally, those kicks would knock any pokemon out.”

“You have no idea,” she said with a smirk on her face taking his compliment. “Gyarados! Bubblebeam!” The blue snake obeyed as he shot out a vast number of bubbles towards the opposition.

“Chan, dodge that!” Black Jack ordered. The Blaziken nodded as he leapt in the air.

“Gyarados! Tail Slam attack!” Misty ordered. The Bubblebeam turned out to be a decoy as Gyarados quickly slammed his tail on Chan’s entire body with a great force, a force so great that it sent him flying until his back hit the wall, much to Black Jack’s shock.

After taking a great deal of damage, Chan got up to his feet and stumbled towards the pool. While Black Jack ordered his Blaziken to shake away the dizziness, Misty saw her opportunity. “Gyarados! Hydro Pump now!” she yelled.

Gyarados wasted no time as he quickly breathed in and shot another powerful spray of water, hitting the red fighter in the abdomen, soaking him wet until his back hit the wall again, much to the shock of the audience knowing of how badly damaged a fire type pokemon can get when they face a water type. Again, Chan stumbled towards the pool but he wasn’t able to stand for long as he fell on his back.

After a moment or so, not seeing Chan able to stand up from his attack, Alice raised her hand. “Blaziken is unable to…”

“Hey! Look!” yelled one of the spectators as he saw Chan hoisted his feet and lower back upwards while placing the palm of his paws on the floor near his head. He then leapt from his hands and higher back landing safely on his feet, showing that he regained conscious and ready to battle again. Everyone, apart from Black Jack, looked on with surprise looks on their faces as Chan leapt a great height and performed a somersault before landing safely on top on one of the floating boards.

“I see that you like to trick everyone at times, don’t you, Black Jack?” Misty asked.

“Same to you, Waterflower,” Black Jack said showing a small smile. “Anyway, you still got a long way to go of beating Chan here.”

Gyarados stared down on his opponent growling nastily while Chan looked back with focus in his eyes.

“Gyarados! Bubblebeam attack!” Misty yelled pointing at the opposition.

The blue snake shot out numerous bubbles out of his mouth in a formation of a beam towards the Blaziken. “Chan! Counter with your Comet Punch!” Black Jack commanded.

Chan let out a loud yell as he rapidly punched each and every bubble that threatened to make contact with him until the last one was popped away. “Okay, Chan! Agility!” Black Jack yelled.

Chan jumped off the board and began running on the water towards his opponent, much to everyone’s shock, zipping from one location to the other. “Gyarados!” Misty yelled, she was the only person who still had focus in her eyes despite the stunt that Chan was performing. “Flamethrower attack!”

Gyarados shot out numerous streams of flames but Chan dodged each one thanks to his agility. Gyarados then attempted to use his Tail Slam attack upon Misty’s command but missed as Chan leapt upwards to avoid the contact and came face-to-face with him.

“Finish him off with your Blaze Kick, Chan!” Black Jack yelled.

“Gyarados! Screech!” Misty yelled.

One of Chan’s feet engulfed in flames as he was about to slam it on the blue snake’s face but was countered when Gyarados let a loud screech, sending him flying into a distance until he fell into the pool while everyone covered their ears to protect themselves from the noise, apart from Black Jack since he and his pokemon were used to it after their harsh training.

The Blaziken’s head risen above the surface of the pool, he spitted out some out of his mouth. Despite being forced away by Gyarados’s Screech attack, he was unfazed by it.

“Gyarados! Bite attack!” Misty yelled. Her pokemon leapt upwards out of the pool and then dived down aiming his opened fanged jaw towards the now disadvantaged Blaziken.

“Chan, dive down!” Black Jack yelled.

“(Got it)!” Chan cried back as he dived into the water, dodging the blue snake’s attack. The audience looked on in shock when they saw the fiery fighter dived into the pool, thinking that he would get badly hurt.

Unlike most non-water type pokemon, the Blaziken was able to swim like one, despite that he was a fire type. He looked over at his opponent’s direction as Gyarados turned to look at him.

Black Jack looked down at the pool. He knew that Chan couldn’t use any fire attacks because they were now underwater but that didn’t mean that they wouldn’t be able to attack.

“Chan! Use your High Jump Kick!” Black Jack yelled. Chan swam as fast as he could towards his opponent, attempting to slam his kick attack on his face.

“Gyarados! Double Team!” Misty instructed. The blue snake glowed vigorously as numerous copies of himself appeared surrounding Chan who stopped his attack and looked hesitantly at them.

Black Jack let out a small snarl. “Chan! Don’t hesitate! Use one of your senses to catch the real one!” he yelled to him.

Chan nodded, signalling that he received the order and closed his eyes, as did Black Jack. “Now’s your chance, Gyarados!” Misty yelled. “Attack with everything you’ve got! Hyper Beam!”

Chan still had his eyes closed as he deeply concentrated while his opponent powered up his energy from within. He couldn’t smell his opponent’s scent because he had to hold his breath underwater, nor could he feel any movement as the real Gyarados held completely still as did his illusions, nor could he feel the temperature of the opposition because the warmth of the pool was the same as their bodies. There was only one thing that Chan could sense… the energy from Gyarados.

He and Black Jack quickly opened their eyes, now knowing who the real one was. “It’s coming from your left,” Black Jack warned.

Chan nodded in agreement as he quickly swam towards the real Gyarados. “Finish him! Dynamic Punch attack!” Black Jack yelled.

“Gyarados! Withdraw your Hyper Beam and go for your Whirlpool and Dragon rage attack!” Misty ordered quickly.

“What!?” Black Jack and Alice yelled in unison in surprise.

They had the right to be surprised as the snake suddenly held back his attack as he and his illusions began to swim around the Blaziken so fast that they created a whirlpool. Chan spun around uncontrollably as he felt the air in his lings about to burst. “(What’s the matter)?” Gyarados roared in triumph. “(Am I too fast for you)?”

Along with the audience, Black Jack looked down with shocked eyes, knowing of the disadvantage that Chan was in right now. He lost his concentration when he saw the gigantic whirlpool; despite this minor setback there was no time for hesitation.

“I got you now, Black Jack!” Misty yelled. “Gyarados! Hyper Beam!”

“I don’t think so,” Black Jack whispered quickly getting his focus back. His eyes narrowed as he yelled out his possible final attack. “Chan!” he yelled. “Ignore the pain inside you, find the real Gyarados and use Focus Punch!”

As Gyarados and his illusions formed a ball of energy each inside their mouths, Chan shut his eyes tightly taking in the pain and suffocation inside his body, letting a small growling noise while both his fists glowed vigorously. Then, out of instinct, he dashed towards one of the blue, giant snakes letting out a yell and aimed both his powered up fists onto his face, avoiding the contact of the huge energy beams that were shot out by his opponent and his copies, not knowing whether or not it was the real one.

Then suddenly, a great, big, gigantic splash occurred from the pool while a thunderous impact was heard from underneath the surface, much to everyone’s shock. “He got him!” Black Jack yelled as about a quarter of splashed out water fell on top of everyone, making them completely wet while the rest fell back into the pool.

After everyone shielded eyes from the water, apart from Psyduck who was confused of the whole situation, they all looked back at the battlefield and saw Chan and Gyarados floating motionlessly on the pool’s surface. Alice was about announce that both pokemon were knocked out but Chan, with the last ounce of his strength, slowly swam to one of the floating and held onto it for support as he climbed and stood on top of it, much to everyone’s shock as they stared in awe.

Alice shook her head, snapping back to reality. “Gyarados is unable to battle!” she announced. “Black Jack and Chan win the match!”

That snapped the audience back into reality as they stood and gave both trainers and their pokemon a standing ovation for a brilliant battle. Out of exhaustion, Chan fell back into the pool again. Black Jack dived into the pool and swam towards him. He held him around his middle, swimming back to his side of the battlefield and then climbed up the ledge.

Chan sat and coughed out water out of his throat and stomach while Black Jack patted his back to induce the coughing. “Easy there, Chan,” Black Jack said. “I hope you didn’t put your fire out inside you.”

“(Thank you, Black Jack),” Chan said, breathing heavily. “(I’ll be okay).”

“Chan!” Alice cried worriedly as she ran towards them. “Are you okay? Is there anything I can do?”

Chan looked up to her in an assuring way as he held a thumb up, signalling that he was. “He’s alright, folk,” Black Jack said, also assuring her. “A day in the Pokemon Centre and he’ll be fine.”

They then looked at the badly injured Gyarados and Misty who was deeply concerned about him as were Daisy, Psyduck and Marill as they tried to comfort him. “We better go check on them,” Black Jack said. “The poor guy seemed to be in bad shape.”

They both helped Chan up to his feet and supported him as they walked towards the losers of this match. “Waterflower,” Black Jack said. “This is a stupid question but is Gyarados okay?”

Gyarados gave a small growl, convincing them that he was fine. Misty let out a small giggle. “You did a good job, Gyarados,” she said. “You deserve a good long rest.”

“Blazi Blaziken,” Blaziken said weakly to the giant snake who responded back with a small growl before they were zapped back into their pokeballs.

“Good match, huh, Waterflower?” Black Jack as he raised his hand, wanting to shake her hand out of respect.

Misty was surprised by this; a man like Black Jack doesn’t do this often, even after battling tough trainers like her. Gladly, she placed her hand onto his and they both shook hands. “Good match,” she replied with a smile on her face as the crowd still cheered for them.

“Uncle,” Alice said jokingly, acting like a little kid. “Can I have my battle now, please?”

The three adults let out a small s****** each, as did Alice. “True, true,” Black Jack said. “We originally planned visiting here so that Alice can battle you for the cascade badge. So, when will it be possible?”

Misty let out a nervous giggle. “Well, it depends,” she said looking at the half-emptied pool, wet walls and floors. “It would take us a couple of days to clean this mess up.”

-End Flashback-

“So did you and Alice help out with the cleaning?” Ash asked.

“Yeah, it didn’t take long cleaning,” Black Jack replied with disgust in his tone remembering the moment the huge number of obsessed, soaked up fans wanting to get his autograph. “It was a lot easier after getting those wet wannabes to leave me alone.”

“I know how it feels,” Ash said, letting out a small stressed sigh.
----------------------------------------------------
More coming! Review please!

Last edited:
*thumps up* Nice battle scene ey! Keep up the good work, it's good as always!

-D_C-

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Ash released his ice-ball like creature that had horns on each side of his head called a Glalie

GLALIE!!! *tackleglomps*

Glalie: o_o;;;

“Hey! I heard that!” Daisy complained.

“Well, I did say it out loud,” Misty said.

XD Good one, Misty.

Despite the board being knocked away, Chan remained in his focused state as his feet safely landed on the surface of the water and then quickly leapt from it, much to the shock of the audience. He then performed a somersault and landed safely on another board; he then rubbed his nose while sniffing before getting into his battling stance again.

...Okay, that was cool.

“Gyarados! Withdraw your Hyper Beam and go for your Whirlpool and Dragon rage attack!” Misty ordered quickly.

“What!?” Black Jack and Alice yelled in unison in surprise.

"What!?", indeed. O_O That was a great, unexpected twist during the course of the fight.

And speaking of the fight...Whoo, that was a good one. I knew when I read that it would be a Blaziken vs. a Gyarados that it had the potential to be a boss match, and you definitely achieved that nicely. ^^ I really liked that Chan's victory was achieved through sheer determination as much as (or maybe even moreso) power and movement. It really shows his skill and spirit as a fighter. Great work. ^^

legendaryrider

Soul Trainer
haha "wetwannabe's" i gotta say keep up the good work and don't let school or jobs get you down.

Cs32

SUGAR!!!
Im BACCCK! *looks around and notices noone cares* Ermm yah well ive been busy and you might have seen me on time to time checking up on stuff, i just read all the chapters since I last posted...which was a lot! I saw a few spelling mistakes, but dont remember to well where. Besides, a few in like 6 episodes isnt much. I would like to comment on all that has happened, but I dont want to bore all of you with a huge post about it. So, I think I will just keep quiet on the chapters...not that they wernt good at all, they were great! I will, mention things on the chapters to come for I will come here hopefully once every two days at least.
Later,
~~CS~~

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
DC: Thanks, mate. I will and you’ll be reading!

Sike Saner: I noticed that you’re a big Glalie but I want to ask why? Nothing personal or anything, just curious. Unlike Black Jack’s other pokemon, who intends to grab and slam their opponents, get into fist fights and use real weapons a lot, Chan is a martial artist. Have you seen The Matrix or other martial arts films? He can do so moves like those. ^^

As an action writer, I intend to thrill the audience a lot so expect a lot more coming! ^^

Legendaryrider:
haha "wetwannabe's"
Yeah, I know. Thanks for the encouragement, kid.

Cs32: You never wrote me a letter! You never called! Where have you been!?

… I’m joking! Stop it! Seriously, welcome back. I’m glad that you got caught up with the rest of the story and I hope that you stick with us for the rest of the fic. If you want, just mention your favourite bits. ^^

EDIT: Whee! Over 3,000 views!

Last edited:

Cs32

SUGAR!!!
Heh I really liked the end of the last episode you wrote after Jacks and Mistys good battle, oh crap...ya...you need to fight....
Later,
~~CS~~

Last edited:

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Thanks, Cs32. I think, in my opinion, I think this may be the best battle scene I have done so far for this series because of how you guys enjoyed it. You feel like beating up someone now, don't you? XP

Last edited:

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
I apologise to eveyone who has been waiting for this update. All this work in uni have been making my life quite busy, plus I was debating how I would write this match. I hope this works.

Chapter 3:

While their pokemon took a rest after their activity Ash and Black Jack were finishing off their chat about Black Jack’s battle with Misty.

“I noticed a lot of guts and toughness in her, Ketchum,” Black Jack said. “I guess that she must’ve got them from you when you guys were travelling together.”

“I think you’re right there, Black Jack,” Ash said. “How was Alice’s battle?”

“After seeing our match, she knew that she’s got a tough act to follow but she’s not the type of person who would easily back down… obviously.”

-Flashback-

It was some time after drying up the Cerulean City Gym and restoring Chan and Gyarados’s health at the pokemon centre. Alice and Misty were getting ready for their pokemon battle. Both trainers stood at each end of the swimming pool where Black Jack and Misty battled while Black Jack stood between them acting as the referee for this match while holding his bottle of beer. A number of floating boards were placed on the surface. All six of Black Jack’s pokemon were watching the match as spectators, along with Daisy, Marril and Psyduck.

Like Misty’s last match, she and Alice agreed to use one pokemon each and that they would toss release them at the same time. “Alright, girls, y’know the rules,” Black Jack said firmly before downing another swig of his drink. “Except this one – break any of them and your pokemon will be next. Now, choose your pokemon and release them.”

Despite Black Jack’s family love for his niece and respect for his associate, he had no tolerance for those who cheat.

Both trainers looked absolutely focused as they picked one of their pokeballs of their belts without looking. They then tossed them out while calling them out. Alice released her Sneasel, Glacia, a black weasel with claws disguised as white paws and a small yellow symbol on her forehead while Misty released her Corsola, a pink and white rock pokemon that had stubby horns in various places of her body. Upon being released, Little Sis landed on one of the floating boards while Corsola splashed into the pool.

“A Sneasel,” Misty said noticeably. “I faced a pokemon like that before.”

“Not this one,” Alice replied. “And you’ll find out why and be surprised. Right, Glacia?”

“Sneasel!” Glacia cried as she got into her battling stance while standing on one of the floating boards.

“Well, you ought to be surprised yourself. Corsola’s really special,” Misty said.

“Corsola! Corsola!” Corsola cried happily as she jumped up and down numerous times on the surface.

“Hey! Enough girl talk!” Black Jack said in a serious tone as he held his hand up. “BEGIN!” he yelled as he waved his hand down, signalling for the battle to start.

“Corsola! Spike Cannon!” Misty yelled immediately.

Corsola yelled her name in obedience as she glowed vigorously while shooting numerous energy spikes out of her horns towards her opponent.

“Glacia! Dodge them!” Alice instructed.

Glacia dodged each spike that Corsola shot out by leaping from one board to another. “Glacia! Icicle Spears!”

“Icicle Spears?” Misty said in surprise.

“[She’s got the right to be surprised],” Black Jack thought to himself. “[Normally, only one pokemon can use that move, Cloyster. But Sneasel has her style of attacking with her bunch of ice picks].”

Glacia quickly leapt up high into the air and formed some icicle spikes from her paws before throwing them out directly towards Corsola who quickly jumped of the way upon Misty’s command splashing into another part of the pool.

“Okay now, Corsola! Bubblebeam!” Misty yelled.

Corsola sprayed a number of bubbles out of her mouth in a formation of a beam, hitting the opposition when she was attempting to land on another board, knocking her into the pool.

Like Chan, Glacia was able to quickly swim to the surface of the pool and climbed up onto the floating boards. Her eyes narrowed as she turned towards Alice and she gave a small nod in response. The sneaky Sneasel turned back towards her opponent and beckoned her to attack.

“Corsola! Tackle attack!” Misty instructed.

The pink rock pokemon leapt towards Glacia, attempting to slam her body onto hers but missed as she leapt up high into the air. “Glacia! Double Team!” Alice yelled.

Her pokemon glowed energetically as three of her copies leapt out of her body. She and her illusions landed on separate boards, surrounding her opponent while attempting to confuse her. “Go ahead, Misty,” Alice said with a small smirk on her face. “Pick a Sneasel.”

Misty blinked several times wondering why Alice is giving her a chance. “Why the stalling, Misty?” Alice asked smugly. “I’m giving you a chance. Only 25% that you’ll get the real one; it’s not like you’re facing several of them.”

Misty’s eyes narrowed, suspicious of what Sneasel and Alice were planning. She was also suspicious if she got this tactic from Black Jack. “Corsola!” she yelled. “Tackle the one on your right!”

Corsola leapt from the board she was standing on, attempting to slam her body onto, what she had hoped, the real Sneasel.

It was the wrong one as the real Sneasel leapt from her board and slammed her High Jump Kick attack on Corsola’s back, sending her flying while causing great damage.

“Okay, Glacia!” Alice yelled, now seeing her chance when the Sneasel landed on another one of the boards while her illusion disappeared. “While she’s in midair, slam her into that wall and use your icicle spears!”

The Sneasel leapt and grabbed Corsola in midair, continuing to dive down until she slammed her into the wall, almost crushing her like a truck. Glacia skipped back a metre while Corsola slowly got up to her feet after taking a great amount of damage. Glacia glowed a light blue energy while she maliciously looked at her opponent as she formed more icicle daggers from her paws.

“[This is going to get rough for Misty],” Black Jack thought to himself as he observed the match.

After Corsola fully stood up on all fours of her feet, Glacia threw several of her daggers at her like a madman throwing ninja stars, spiking her and causing her to scream in pain while Misty looked on in horror.

As Black Jack and Alice looked on, the attack reminded them of Glacia’s dark side of her personality when it came to battles, equivalent to Black Jack’s strategy.

The pokemon spectators watched on with shocked and horrid looks in their eyes while Black Jack’s pokemon had their eyes narrowed.

“(She’s acting up again),” Ferligatr growled.

“(What are you talking about)?” Gyarados growled.

“(She’s always like that when it comes to battles. Even with Alice’s training, she still fights like that. Knowing from experience, there are some things you can’t change).”

After taking a great deal of damage, Corsola now had several sharp ends of each dagger stuck inside different parts of her body as she stood weakly on her own four feet. “[She’s still has a chance],” Misty thought as the energy around Glacia started fading away.

“Glacia! Finish her off with your Aerial Ace!” Alice yelled, having a strong feeling that she would win the match after this attack as Sneasel leapt into the air, attempting to use her claws to slash her opponent’s face.

“Corsola! Water Gun!” Misty yelled.

It was a desperate attempt as Corsola shot out a small water fountain out of her mouth, splashing it into Glacia’s eyes. “[That’s the move she needed to hit],” Black Jack said.

As Glacia stumbled away from her weakened opponent while rubbing her eyes, Misty took her chance. “Corsola! Shake off those daggers and then use recover!” Misty ordered.

Corsola quickly shook off the icy spikes off her body, revealing small dents on her body while glowing vigorously. After the glowing vanished, the bruises and the dents were no longer apparent.

Apart from the recovery power that Corsola had, Alice noticed that Corsola had great endurance meaning she and Glacia would have to give more damage to the opposition. Glacia knew that as well after she wiped the water out of eyes and saw her opponent completely healed. She smiled, knowing that she would have to inflict more pain onto her... and enjoy doing that.

Upon Alice’s command, Glacia leapt back onto one of the floating boards. They waited for them to attack as the sneaky Sneasel beckoned them to. “Corsola!” Misty yelled. “Spike Cannon!”

Corsola glowed vigorously as she shot out a number of spikes out of her horns. “Glacia! Dodge it!” Alice instructed.

Glacia dodged the attack as she leapt from one floating board to another. “Okay, Glacia!” Alice yelled as she saw Corsola landed on one of the floating boards. “Slash attack!”

With one paw behind her back, Glacia did as she was instructed as she leapt up high into the air and then dived down towards her opponent with the speed of a shot out bullet, aiming her claws towards her but missed as Corsola dodged and leapt into another board, making her slash the board in half and splashing into the water.

Despite that and without Alice’s instruction, Glacia took her paw from behind her back that now held a newly formed ice dagger and threw it at Corsola who was still in the air. “Corsola! Look out!” Msity warned.

It was too late for Corsola as the ice dagger struck her by one of her feet, making her lose balance and fall face first on one of the boards. Alice had a shock look in her eyes, not knowing that her Sneasel was going to do that. Her battling pokemon turned towards her and tapped her claws on the side of her own head, signalling that she pulled off a smart move.

“We’ll talk about that later, Glacia,” Alice said, getting back to being focused. “Finish her off with your icicle spear!”

Glacia once again formed a strange blue energy around her while ice dagger slowly formulated in her paws while Corsola was shaking away her dizziness while getting to her feet.

Wasting little time, Glacia quickly threw a great number of ice daggers at her opponent. “Corsola! Use your Mirror Coat!” Misty yelled desperately attempting to snap her pokemon back.

She succeeded as Corsola glowed a multicoloured energy around her pink body, bouncing her ice daggers back towards Glacia. “Glacia! Dive into the pool!” Alice yelled.

Everyone present for this match had shock looks in their eyes and with a good reason. Glacia looked back towards her trainer with a worried look on her face because she was standing in front of her. With no time to strategise at this moment, the Sneasel attempted to deflect and every one of the spikes that was coming towards her, much to the shock of her trainer.

She managed to deflect each and every one of them but missed the last as it penetrated into Sneasel right arm, making her scream in pain. “Sneasel!” Alice yelled in horror. She knew that if Glacia dived into the pool, she would’ve gotten hurt instead, yet she didn’t Glacia to get hurt that way.

Out of tiredness and pain, the Sneasel fell on one knee she held onto the dagger that was pierced into her arm. She looked at Corsola and saw how tired she was after using her power to deflect her strong ice attack.

Glacia looked back at Alice and showed off a small smirk. “Okay…” Alice said. “Glacia! Double Team!”

Sneasel glowed vigorously as three copies of her appeared on separate boards, confusing Misty and Corsola. “Last chance. Time to pick a sneasel again, Misty,” Alice said.

“This is indeed our last chance,” Misty said. “Both of our pokemon are tired out and if I pick the right one, I’ll win this battle. I could get Corsola to use recover but Glacia would attack while she does. Right, Corsola?”

“La!” Corsola cried, agreeing with her trainer.

“Pretty smart. I wish you good luck,” Alice said. “Like before, you only have 25% of hitting the real one.”

Misty and Corsola looked at each Sneasel, real and fake, to see if there were any faults in any of them. Even after trying to sense which one was the real one, they couldn’t find one. Therefore, they had to rely on luck.

“Corsola! Hydro Pump now!” Misty yelled at she pointed at one of the Sneasels. “Attack the one in front of you!”

Corsola breathed in a lot of air and shot out her final attack, hoping that it’ll hit the real Glacia. It turned out to be a fake as the real Glacia leapt from the board that was floating behind Corsola.

“Glacia! High Jump Kick!” Alice yelled.

“Corsola! About face now!” Misty yelled.

Corsola, still shooting her powerful water attack, turned towards Glacia. Glacia countered by quickly throwing another ice dagger straight into her opponent’s mouth, blocking the attack, much to Misty’s shock.

Glacia took her chance to slam her kick onto Corsola face, sending her flying as the dagger fell out of her mouth making her uncontrollably spray the large fountain of water, flying around the room until her back hit the wall and then to the ground.

Black Jack ran towards Corsola and looked down on her for inspection. Corsola was no longer moving due to unconsciousness.

“Corsola is unable to… hold on a second, I’m thirsty,” Black Jack said before drinking down a gulp of beer. “A ref would raise a flag cos this Corsola’s KO’d,” he continued. “And the winner is Alice and Glacia.”

“Glacia! You did it!” Alice yelled as she dived into the pool, still with her clothes on, and swam towards the exhausted Glacia, who was floating on the surface of the pool. When Alice reached her, she gave her a big hug and Glacia returned it.

Misty had an amazed look on her face. “She did a great job,” she said noticeably. “Black Jack taught her well.”

-End flashback-

“…And healing the pokemon, getting Alice’s badge and some congratulatory drinks, everything was said and done,” Black Jack said, finishing his story.

“Wow,” Ash said in an impressed tone. “Alice can really put up a fight.”

“Oh, before I forget,” Black Jack said. “I got a message for you from her… don’t forget to change your underwear everyday.”

“Is that all?” Ash said with a dull look on his face.

“She also says the gym is fine and that she loves and all but you already knew that,” Black Jack said.

Suddenly, Nidoking grabbed Ash from behind and gave him a noogie on the head. “Nido Nidoking!” he growled happily.

“He says ‘good times, good times, Ash’,” Black Jack said translating what Nidoking said.

“I know what he said,” Ash replied. “I’m not sure how but I understand their language. I guess I’ve been travelling around for a long time.”

“You wanna battle, one-on-one, practice match?” Black Jack asked.

Ash showed a huge smile at his offer. “You got one,” he said.

Meanwhile, inside the battling hall, Max was having a pokemon battle with Alice while their friends watched. Max was using a small pokemon that appeared to have a white dress with green legs and a green mane; that pokemon was a Kirlia. Alice was using her Espeon, Little Sis, a light purple furred, four legged creature with enigmatic purple eyes and a red gem on her forehead.

Kirlia shot out a large dark energy ball out of her paws while Little Sis ran towards it. “Duck, Little Sis!” Alice yelled.

In a split second, Little Sis quickly ducked underneath the Dark Energy Ball before slamming body onto Kirlia’s abdomen knocking her a distance away. Kirlia managed to regain her balance, she still standing on her own two feet.

“Way to go, Little Sis!” Alice said, seeing the opportunity. “Now use your Psybeam!”

The Espeon quickly shot out a multicoloured beam out of her gem towards her opponent. “Kirlia! Use your Mirror Coat!” Max yelled.

Kirlia lifted her arms as she glowed a multicoloured energy, attempting to deflect Little Sis’s attack. As the energy beam reached her, she moved her arms to stop the attack and held it there, she struggled to gain enough strength to toss it aside. She succeeded as she tossed it back towards her opponent, who barely dodged out of the way.

As they battled, Black jack and Ash stood at the entranceway of the battling hall and observed on their match. Black Jack smiled, happy of how times had changed ever since meeting his niece, who grew up doing what she loved doing. Ash looked at his direction and smiled, noticing how happy he was.

“Y’know what, Ketchum, how about we just watch instead?” Black Jack said, wanting to observe the other trainer battles.

“Why not?” Ash replied. “You never know what those guys are up to these days.”

“You’re starting to sound like me, Ketchum,” Black Jack replied. “You’re young but you’re turning into an old man yourself.”

“Look who’s talking, grandpa,” Ash countered as they both leaned on the walls, watching the future champions of tomorrow battle each other.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Yep. I always enjoy reading battle scenes from you, because they're always written to entertaining effect. Bravo once again for the action in this chapter - action from more than one battle, no less! The Sneasel vs. Corsola battle in particular was quite satisfying. Here are some of my favorite moments from it:

Her pokemon glowed energetically as three of her copies leapt out of her body. She and her illusions landed on separate boards, surrounding her opponent while attempting to confuse her. “Go ahead, Misty,” Alice said with a small smirk on her face. “Pick a Sneasel.”

Heh heh heh. A nice bit of strategy, combined with a sharp one liner there at the end. Nice. ^^

Apart from the recovery power that Corsola had, Alice noticed that Corsola had great endurance meaning she and Glacia would have to give more damage to the opposition. Glacia knew that as well after she wiped the water out of eyes and saw her opponent completely healed. She smiled, knowing that she would have to inflict more pain onto her... and enjoy doing that.

A very nice insight into Glacia the Sneasel's personality there, especially in that last line.

“Glacia! High Jump Kick!” Alice yelled.

“Corsola! About face now!” Misty yelled.

Corsola, still shooting her powerful water attack, turned towards Glacia. Glacia countered by quickly throwing another ice dagger straight into her opponent’s mouth, blocking the attack, much to Misty’s shock.

One thing I've noticed is how good you are at pulling off mid-battle surprises - right there were more than one surprising turn of events in a row. I just love that kind of action. ^^

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Yep. One of my main goals when writing a fic is to keep the readers surprised and entertained, I aim to please. I thought that Snaesel throwing those ice daggers like a madman was the best part and if you think Glacia’s bad, wait until Black Jack’s next reminisce.

Spoiler: [SPOIL]"Do you know what the scariest part of this side of is? It's that we like it."[/SPOIL]

Last edited:

legendaryrider

Soul Trainer
does Glacia have like ninja training or something? I like your use of ice type attacks.

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Legendaryrider: No, Glacia doesn't have any ninja training. Alice is the one that trained her with the help of Black Jack. Thanks, I'm glad that you like the ice dagger attacks.

Chapter 4

The next day, Black Jack was standing at the end of the boat as it was coming towards one of the Seveii Islands. With a bottle of beer in hand, he looked at the beautiful horizon with the island coming into view. “Land ahoy,” he whispered softly to himself.

It was late in the morning; a number people and pokemon were still sleeping in their respective cabins. One of the passengers, Black Jack, on the other hand, never slept a wink as usual, highly cautious of the dangers that may come to him and his niece.

“Can’t sleep a wink again, I see,” a young girl’s voice said.

Black Jack didn’t bother to turn around; he knew that someone was walking up from behind before she even spoke.

“Cassandra,” Black Jack said as she stood next to him.

“You’re very protective of her, aren’t you?” she asked noticing why he is.

“I’m her uncle,” Black Jack replied. “Pure and simple.”

“You haven’t changed a little since I first met you. Just my opinion but you ought to sleep sometime.”

Black Jack let out a small sigh and Cassandra noticed how uncomfortable he was feeling. “Not that it’s any of my business but do you… suffer from insomnia?” she asked as she turned her head towards him.

“It’s not that… it’s just that every time I sleep, I don’t get any pleasant or forgotten dreams… just nightmares,” he said. He then turned his head towards her. “They say that you can control your dreams, I can’t. I don’t know if they’re messages or something.”

“Sonya and I talk about our dreams a lot and we come up with some theories that they might be telling us. Why don’t you tell me what you used to dream about?” she asked.

Black Jack slowly shook his head in response.

Suddenly, a ‘ding-dong’ sound came from a speaker close to them. “Attention all passengers,” a man’s voice said. “We are getting close to One Island of the Seveii Islands and we’ll be arriving in an hour’s time. We’ll be announcing our arrival when we do. Thank you.”

A click was then heard signalling that the announcement was finished. “I hope the cubs have woken up,” Black Jack said as he made his way to the cabins. “Catch you later.”

He walked into the halls of the cabins, searching for the room that Alice and her friends were sleeping in. He saw one of the cabin doors opening and Keith exiting with his usual attire on. “Morning, Black Jack,” he said, fully awakened. “It’s a good thing that you’re here,

“Let me guess, Jerry again?” Black Jack asked in a dull tone.

“Yep, this time he’s oversleeping. We’re doing everything we can to wake him up. We ought to get a klaxon for him,” he continued as Black Jack followed him back into his room. Upon entry, they saw Alice shaking Jerry about trying to wake him because of the announcement made earlier. They knew that a number of people would be getting in their way of their morning rituals such as eating breakfast.

“Morning, Alice,” Black Jack said catching his niece’s attention.

“Morning, uncle,” Alice said taking a step back thinking of another solution of how to wake up her slumbering friend. Black Jack looked down on him with sadistic smile on his face.

“Go ahead and have breakfast, kids. Let me handle this,” Black Jack said as he continued looking down on the underdog. Confused of what their mentor wanted to do, Alice and Keith left the room.

As they left, Black Jack took his glove off one of his hands and placed it in his pocket. He then pulled Jerry’s shirt up showing only his chest and belly before raising his hand up into the air. Outside the room, a huge and loud slap was heard followed by Jerry’s screams of pain.

An hour later, the cruise ship arrived at the docks of One Island. Black Jack and his associates were making their way towards the exit with Jerry still holding onto his hurt chest after taking a stinging slap from his boss. As they got off the ship, they saw two people that Prof. Oak and Kesner are familiar with. One had a grey buttoned t-shirt, a pair of brown trousers, black shoes and curly brown hair. His name was Bill, a fellow pokemon researcher who once saw a mysterious pokemon near his lighthouse years ago. The other had a red sweater with a shirt underneath, blue trousers and brown shoes, bushy eyebrows and grey shoulder length hair. His name was Spencer Hale, another pokemon researcher who mysteriously disappeared in a labyrinth but soon came back due to mysterious happenings somewhere else.

“Ah! Spencer and Bill!” Prof Oak said in a welcoming tone. “How have you two been?”

“Brilliant, professor,” Spencer said shaking his hand. “And have we got a lot to show you.”

“And you’re associates, I believe,” Bill said, noticing Black Jack and the others standing behind Prof. Oak.

“Ah, yes,” Oak said realising this. “Let me introduce you two to everyone.”

After introducing them to everyone, even though Bill have met Brock and Ash in the past, he asked how they would get to their research site. “We have a few boats waiting for us down at Kindle Road. Our research site is at Mt. Ember,” Bill replied.

“Yes, and I’m sure that you will like what we discovered,” Spencer continued. “Please, if you follow us.”

After taking a long trip down a river and path of Kindle Road, they made their way towards a huge rocky and grassy mountain where a number of hot springs were placed in various parts of it. There were several tents and equipment placed outside the mountain. There was also a cave where another bunch of equipment was placed. “Here we are,” Spencer said upon arrival. “Welcome to Mt. Ember.”

Everyone, apart from Black Jack, looked at the mountain in amazement. “[Jeez,]” he thought to himself. “[Haven’t they seen a mountain before?]”

“Hey, do you have beer around here?” he asked.

“Unfortunately, no,” Bill said. “We only have enough food for tonight. Someone from a nearby village will be coming tomorrow with the goods, you may ask him then.”

“Well, that’s more than lucky.”

“Which explains why you have a bottle of beer in Jerry’s bag, right?” Cassandra said as she looked at a particular object sticking out of her friend’s bag.

“We’ll show you around this place tomorrow,” Spencer said. “For now, we’ll settle into our rooms. I’m sure you all can use a good rest after travelling all day.”

“Do we get free food?” Jerry asked, feeling very tired.

“Jerry!” Alice complained, not pleased with that question.

“Of course, you are our guests,” Bill said.

“Yes!” Jerry yelled happily as he lifted his fist up into the air. He lost his balance and almost fell to the ground but Black Jack caught him.

“Careful son, that’s dangerous!” Black Jack warned. “You were to break and spill my beer!”

That night after finishing off their last meal of the day, Black Jack and his associates, human and pokemon, sat around a campfire, a distance away from the mountain. They had been chatting over their past adventures, discoveries and others for a while until Alice came up with an idea.

“Hey uncle, shall we tell some ghost stories?” Alice asked.

“Alice? Ghost stories?” Max asked curiously.

“Uncle Jack, I and our pokemon tell our ghost stories a lot every time we set up camp at night,” Alice replied.

“Well, I can see that you’ve set a campfire… so it is fitting,” Prof. Kesner said nervously. “I think I’ll pass.” He stood up and made his way back to his tent.

“I think I’ll pass too. I think I’ll go for a walk,” Black Jack said as he got to his feet and walked away leaving them puzzled.

“Black Jack? Afraid of ghost stories?” Max asked curiously.

“Most unlikely, Max,” Ash said. “Most unlikely.”

Black Jack made his way towards the mountain and spotted a man in a security outfit guarding a cave where lamps were placed around it. “[No lift. Well, it’s a good thing if they don’t to disturb any pokemon so they must’ve used some flying pokemon to bring them up here],” Black Jack thought to himself as he started climbing up until he reached the cave and walked towards the guard while taking out a bottle of his favourite drink out of his jacket.

“Halt!” a security guard as he held up a torch towards Black Jack. “Who goes there?!”

“Evening, soldier,” Black Jack said as he held up his hand to keep the light from blinding him. “Put your torch down, it’s only me.”

“Oh, Mr. Black Jack,” the guard said as he withdrew his torch. “What are you doing here?”

“Just taking a walk. Alice and the other cubs are back there telling some ghost stories.”

“You don’t like ghost stories?” the guard asked, sounding quite surprised.

“Of course I do,” Black Jack replied after taking the bottle top off with his teeth and spitting it out. “I’ve heard a lot of them in my time but the one I have in mind might scare the hell out of you and leave you little bit sick. Take ten, soldier.”

“But sir, I’m on duty. My shift isn’t over yet.”

“I won’t say anything if you won’t.”

He offered his opened beer to the guard, which he declined to. “I don’t drink,” he said as he held up his hand.

Black Jack downed another gulp of his drink down his throat. “The reason why I say that my story will make you sick because it actually happened,” he said, beginning his story. “How do I know? Because me and my boys were there. What were we doing there? Doing stuff that people would find sickening. Those moments brought out a side inside of us… a ‘Black Jack’ side... a side that scares even me.

“There were those good times, when we wanted… no, we craved of taking another man or pokemon and breaking his insides, listening to their agonising screams until they pass out… only to recover again so we can break them even more.”

While Black Jack spoke those words there was a feel of ecstasy in his voice. The way he spoke made the guard shook with fear and a small sweat drop slowly ran down the side of his face.

“Moment no.1. It was me versus Ash Ketchum at the Hoenn League Championships five years ago. It was my Salamence and his Meganium. Salamence was shooting flamethrower attacks at her and she was dodging each one. After dodging a lot of them, she got tired and began to move slowly. But this side of ours, no, we didn’t want to give her a five minute break, we wanted to break every bone and organ in her body. So Salamence dived down, picked her up and took her high in the sky… and then dropped her onto the hard grounds of the stadium like a crate falling from the top of a building. Now that… was a huge rush…”

-Flashback-

It was at the Hoenn League Stadium, five years ago, where Black Jack and Ash fought against each other in their younger days. Black Jack was wearing his usual attire that time while Ash was wearing a black t-shirt with a blue sleeveless sweater over it, blue thick trousers, black and blue trainers, trainer gloves and an official pokemon league hat.

Salamence flew high in the skies and shot out countless Flamethrowers, only to have Meganium dodge each and every one of them. “Meganium!” Ash cried. “Razor Leaf attack!”

Meganium shot out her Razor Leaf attack from underneath the petals of her neck but Salamence shot out his flamethrower again and burned them to a crisp. “No!” Ash cried.

As Salamence continued using his Flamethrower attack, Black Jack noticed that Meganium was getting tired out caused by limitless dodging. “Now, Salamence!” Black Jack yelled. “Seismic Toss attack now!”

“Meganium!’ Ash cried as Salamence was diving down at Meganium. “Dodge out of the way!”

But Meganium was too tired to move as Salamence swooped down, grabbed and lifted her up high in the air of a hundred feet. Salamence was holding her around her middle and everyone knew what was coming next.

Upon seeing that, Ash became desperate to save Meganium from getting hurt. “Black Jack, don’t do this!” he cried. “I don’t want Meganium hurt this way!”

All of Ash’s friends and fans stood up and yelled out things in an attempt to stop Black Jack and Salamence finishing their attack such as, “Black Jack! Don’t do this!”

“Wrong answer, people!” Black Jack yelled. “Salamence, say ‘happy landings’ to Meganium!”

Salamence released Meganium and she fell a hundred feet from the air! Ash could only watch in awe as one of his beloved pokemon crashed on the battlefield like a ton of bricks, much to the audience’s shock.

-End Flashback-

“You see, when you have a fight or battle with us,” Black Jack continued. “Nothing, NOTHING, is too violent. Some time after busting Meganium’s insides, it was time for Ketchum’s Pikachu and my Tyranitar… and the ‘Black Jack’ side of my boys and me were still growing.

“That little critter was using his quickness and electric attacks to beat him down but that wasn’t enough. His momentum went against him when Tyranitar snatched his whole body and slammed him on the ground; the slam was so hard that he created a massive earthquake and a great big crack in the ground. The moral of this story is to do one to others before they do it to you.”

-Flashback-

Going back five years again at the Hoenn League Championships event, the young Ash and Black Jack were on their last pokemon.

“Now get ready for a pounding of a lifetime!” Black Jack said. “Tyranitar! Dynamic Punch again!”

Tyranitar’s clenched paw glowed as he looked at him with the intensity to beat him unmercifully. He rushed towards him, aiming his punch at the yellow rodent.

“Pikachu, dodge it!” Ash yelled.

Pikachu leapt into the air and was about land on Tyranitar but the opposition saw it coming. “Tyranitar grab it!” Black Jack ordered.

Tyranitar quickly stopped his Dynamic Punch attack to successfully grab Pikachu in mid-air.

“Now… Body Slam and Fissure attack!” Black Jack yelled.

“Fissure!?” Ash cried, he knew that Fissure could knock out any pokemon… any pokemon.

“(Big one)!” Tyranitar roared as he held Pikachu as high as he could and then slammed him hard on the floor like he was nothing. The impact was so hard that it made a huge crack on the floor.

After the slam, Tyranitar looked down on Pikachu and smiled, thinking that he’s knocked out. But to everyone’s shock, Pikachu slowly started to get his feet. Unlike Tyranitar, he was battered and bruised. “I’m impressed, Pikachu,” Black Jack said. “You do have a lot of guts.”

-End Flashback-

“That Pikachu had a lot of guts in him. Hell, all of Ketchum’s pokemon did. After the beating we gave them, it was the worst beating any six pokemon have ever received.”

Black Jack looked at the surroundings around him, which consisted of various equipments that were used for research and saw one particular that he was mostly familiar with. “Hang on a second,” he said as he walked over to a wooden box, took out a steel sledgehammer and walked back to the guard, showing it to him. “It was a sledgehammer, more or less the same size as this. After Chan got this Machamp broken in the leg and flat on his back, I took this sledgehammer and slammed it right onto his knee.”

-Flashback-

It was a time when Black Jack and his associates travelled to the Orre region to disband a criminal organisation, Team Dark. In their final battle with Team Dark, Black Jack found vengeance after what Team Dark’s masked Machamp did to him by ‘killing’ him.

He got Chan to hold him by his injured legs. His other comrades begged him not to hurt him this way but it was no use since Black Jack was so angry, so vengeful, so merciless and so aggressive that he raised the sledgehammer and slammed it right on top of Machamp’s knee, shattering the bones and muscles inside while the Machamp screamed in pain.

-End Flashback-

“Y’know, that Machamp’s leg could’ve broke like hell depended on it but that wasn’t enough for me. I wanted his whole body to break. So I snatched him by waist, and I took him, and I slammed him as hard I could!” he said loudly as he motioned his hand as though he was slamming someone.

-Flashback-

It was moments after Black Jack injured the Machamp by the knee. He kicked him in the gut and grabbed him by the waist after the four armed psychopath got himself up despite his injury. He lifted him as high as he could and then slammed him through the steel floor, creating a huge hole in it as the mad Machamp fell to the lower floor, much to the shock of his team mates.

-End Flashback-

“Do you know what the scariest thing about this side of us is?” he asked now feeling relaxed. “Is that we like it. You may not like it but this is the side that helped save those kids years ago, this is the side that made Ketchum famous, this is the side that helped us crack Team Dark’s skull… so the only thing left to worry about is whose insides…” he continued as he looked up at the full moon that hanged in the dark starry sky. “Are we gonna bust next?”

He began to walk away from the intimidated guard, still looking at the full moon. “I’m Black Jack. Evening, soldier,” he said.

The guard was so petrified that he lost the feeling in his legs and fell on his backside as numerous cold sweats trickled down his face. “I hope it’s not mine,” he whimpered fearfully.

Some time later, Black Jack made his way back to the campsite where his associates were still telling their ghost stories. Alice saw him coming and walked over to him after seeing a small smile on his face. “Everything good, uncle?” she asked.

He looked at his niece and his smile became slightly bigger. “Never felt better,” he said.

Next episode: Black Jack finds an injured dragon-type pokemon... and a ruined village.
-----------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Wow.

That's one of your best chapters ever, mainly because it deals so directly and deeply with Black Jack himself as a character - and that guy is one heck of a cool character, indeed. His introspective musings with that guard were really captivating, and his dialogue was potent, too.

My favorite moments:

“Go ahead and have breakfast, kids. Let me handle this,” Black Jack said as he continued looking down on the underdog. Confused of what their mentor wanted to do, Alice and Keith left the room.

As they left, Black Jack took his glove off one of his hands and placed it in his pocket. He then pulled Jerry’s shirt up showing only his chest and belly before raising his hand up into the air. Outside the room, a huge and loud slap was heard followed by Jerry’s screams of pain.

XDDDD Good one there, Black Jack. Although, I kind of feel sorry for Jerry there…

…no, I don’t. XPPPP

Everyone, apart from Black Jack, looked at the mountain in amazement. “[Jeez,]” he thought to himself. “[Haven’t they seen a mountain before?]”

I just love that last line. XD

“Do you know what the scariest thing about this side of us is?” he asked now feeling relaxed. “Is that we like it. You may not like it but this is the side that helped save those kids years ago, this is the side that made Ketchum famous, this is the side that helped us crack Team Dark’s skull… so the only thing left to worry about is whose insides…” he continued as he looked up at the full moon that hanged in the dark starry sky. “Are we gonna bust next?”

He began to walk away from the intimidated guard, still looking at the full moon. “I’m Black Jack. Evening, soldier,” he said.

WOW. Now, that is cool. That little part there has a lot of potency, a lot of impact. It'd be good in a trailer if this was a film, because it just grabs you and stays with you when read. ^^

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
My best chapter eh? Why thank you, Double S.

1st moment: Glad you liked that, Sike. I was thinking about something funny to put for this chapter, this came out a winner for this occasion.

2. Equivalent to saying, “I’d rather be at home.” Don’t you agree?

3. I agree the best part of the story I have made is the part when BJ talking about his past full of violence. You can picture what he’s like when he gets into a fight and all.

Update note: Changed the ‘next episode' summary.

R

ribonucleic

Wow this tryuly is a great fic. I recently joined serebii, but prior to that i had read both seasons of pokemon Impact and I must say that it has some of the best battle scenes ever.

Is the murderer of Black Jack's parents going to be making a reapperence?

Good work Matey.