• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Impact 3 (Rated PG13)

From the past 2 series, which is your favourite battle scene / Pokemon battle so far?

• Tyranitar vs Blaziken (Series 1, Episode 2, Chapter 4)

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Black Jack Vs Cassandra (Series 1, Episode 3, Chapter 5)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Jack Vs Mewtwo (Series 1, Episode 4, Chaptesr 2 – 3)

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Black Jack Vs Ash (Series 1, Episode 7, Chapters 2 – 4)

• Black Jack and Ash Vs William Mane (Series 1, Episodes 9 and 10)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Ash Vs Mutant Kecleon (Series 2, Episode 5, Chapter 2)

• Wes and co. Vs Team Dark's tank (Series 2, Episode 3, Chapter 2 - 3)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Black Jack Vs Damien Tusk (Series 2, Episode 10, Chapters 1 – 2)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Black Jack, Ash and Wes Vs Team Dark’s psycho pokemon (Series 2, Episode 11, Chapter 1 – 3)

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Please Specify in post)

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Thanks, Ribonucleic. If I'm correct, you selected Black Jack Vs Ash in the best battle poll correct?

You asked if the murderer of Black Jack's parents (Damien Tusk) is going to make a reappearance. I'm not going to say anything but I'll give you the spoiler...

[SPOIL]Old faces from Orre to make their appearance[/SPOIL]

EDIT: 100th post! Wahoo!

R

ribonucleic

Yep, that is right I did choose the battle between Blackjack and Ash as my favourite as it had Charizard, Salamance, Tyranitar, Pickachu, Nidoking and many other super cool pokemon fighting.

Does that mean Samsom and the other crazy pokemon are coming back?

If so, that would be awesome.

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
ribonucleic said:
Does that mean Samsom and the other crazy pokemon are coming back?

If so, that would be awesome.
[SPOIL]I'm not saying. XD[/SPOIL]

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Episode 6: The Battle Line is Drawn

Chapter 1

At another region, far from the Seveii Islands, a middle-aged man with short, black hair sat in a café. He was sitting at a table with a small cup of cappuccino in front of him. He was wearing a black t-shirt over his slim body, along with a pair of black jeans and boots.

Another man was wearing a tight, white t-shirt, blue jeans and brown shoes with a pink apron over them; he was also wearing a hair net over his blond hair. Apart from those two individuals, a customer and a waiter, no one else was there as it was early in the morning.

The man with the black hair looked at a television box that was placed in one of the corners of the café. It was displaying a news program where the news broadcaster was telling the latest stories.

“A breaking news story has occurred that a group of criminals were terrorising a local village on One Village, one of the islands of the Seveii Islands…” he said as scenes of brining houses and injured innocent showed up on screen. “This happened overnight. We have yet to find out who these criminals are, but we can tell that they were dressed in some type of uniform. Police, as we speak, are investigating the scene while helping the lost and injured. In other news…”

“This is terrible. If no one does something about this, we’re history,” the customer said with worry in his voice. “Our only hope is to find the Orre Pack.” He continued as he moved eyes left and right.

“The Orre Pack?” the waiter said calmly. “I hear they’re terrific. Will there be anything else, sir?”

“Not unless you can help me find the Orre Pack.”

“You’re in luck,” the waiter said with a smile on his face as he took off his hair net, releasing his blond hair that reached down his shoulder blades. “Cos you just found them.”

At another location, a two floor office house had a sign ‘Cupid’s Arrow’ was marked on front of the building. At first entry, a customer would find a young girl, who had her ginger red hair down to her shoulder blades and was wearing a black sleeveless t-shirt, white miniskirt and high black boots, sitting by her desk with a computer on that furniture.

On the second floor of the building, one of the rooms had a medium built man with brown scruffy shoulder-length hair, dressed in his blue denim jacket over his white t-shirt, blue jeans and red and white trainers, resting lazily on a couch with a bunch of junk littered around the furniture that was on one side of the room. He had a cordless phone placed on a stool next to him. On the other side, a huge rhino-like pokemon with a robotic foreleg was sitting in front of a laptop computer typing in various keys while a yellow rabbit with red ears, Plusle, sat on top of his head.

Suddenly, the phone started to ring. “Mecha, get the phone,” the man said sleepily.

Annoyed, the Rhydon let out a small growl while rolling his eyes as he got up from the computer and walked over to the phone while the Plusle leapt off his head. When he reached for the phone, he held it above the man’s head and then dropped it. “Ow! That’s not what I meant!” the man yelled angrily after he felt the impact.

“You better answer it before they hang up, Isaac,” Mecha said in a deep voice as he walked back to his laptop.

“Ya punk!” Isaac yelled before he pressed one of the buttons while sitting up. He held it to his ear as he spoke into it. “Look! I already told ya! We are not the deli people!”

“Hey there, Isaac,” a familiar voice said.

“Hey! Stevens!” Isaac said in surprise. “You found us a new mission!?”

“Darn right,” Stevens said. “Our latest client came to our cafe and gave us a job. A friend of his will pay us handsomely after the mission is complete. Get the pack together and meet me at the docks tonight. I’ll explain the mission later. See ya.”

“See ya,” Isaac replied back as they both hanged up simultaneously, ending their call. He then heard and saw the Plusle giggling at him because of what Mecha did earlier. “What are you laughing at?” Isaac snapped angrily towards him.

Upon seeing his angry looking face, Plusle’s lips began to wobble, tears started forming in his eyes and then he started bawling like a baby. “Oh, stop crying, will ya?” Isaac moaned.

Plusle immediately stopped crying, putting on his smiley face. “Plusle,” he squeaked simply, which meant, “okay.”

“Where are Wes and Rui?”

“Wes is at the Coliseum and Rui’s downstairs,” Mecha replied.

“This ought to be some good news for the lover girl and bad news for Wes… and I’m not talking about the mission.”

In another location, a filthy dome-like coliseum, a huge crowd was standing on steel balconies attached to the walls on different levels. They were observing and yelling down at two different pokemon inside a steel cage with different objects that would be found in the street scattered around in it. One in particular appeared to be wearing a pair of pink baggy trousers and hat with a number of scars on his body while the other appeared to be a large purple cobra-like pokemon that had a scary looking pattern on his chest. These two different species of pokemon were called Medicham and Arbok.

Standing outside of the cage were their respective trainers and a referee. One in particular had a long blue trench coat over his black sleeveless t-shirt, trousers and boots. He had a slim body and had spiky silver hair with a white stripe painted across his face. The other trainer was a taller and more muscular man than him and was wearing an old and dirty tank top along with his pair of trousers and brown shoes.

Both pokemon appeared to be badly beaten throughout the whole match but with different reasons.

“Kobra!” the muscular man yelled in a scratchy voice. “Bite attack!”

The Arbok obeyed his master’s command as he launched himself towards his opponent opening his mouth and showing his sharp fangs, in an attempt to bite him on any anatomy.

Without being ordered, the Medicham ran towards his opponent and slid under him, making him miss his attack while he grabbed a folded steel chair. “Kobra, watch out!” the muscular man yelled.

Kobra quickly turned around, only to be knocked down by the weapon that was tossed into his face, courtesy of his opponent. The crowd gasped in awe upon hearing the impact.

The snake stayed down on the floor, almost unconscious. The Medicham took his chance to finish him off as he ran up to the wall of the cage and then leapt off, performing a back flip somersault and slamming his body on top of Kobra’s. Arbok let out his last scream of pain before passing out into unconsciousness. The Medicham also felt a great deal of pain his body after giving the Arbok his aerial attack as he held on to his stomach and letting out a small groan.

After checking both pokemon carefully, the referee declared the Medicham the winner of the match, much to the happiness of the crowd. The man in the trench coat walked up to the cage and waited for the ref to open it using a key.

As the cage door opened Wes entered through and walked over to the recovering Medicham. “Nice one, Tattoo,” he said coolly with a small smile. “Earned us a couple of bucks.”

Tattoo looked back at his ‘trainer’ with a vacant look on his face. He moved his head towards the door, signalling that they should take their leave. “Let’s go then,” the man said.

Suddenly, the muscular man angrily came charging at him with a knife in hand but got knocked down by a large block of wood. It was Tattoo who threw that at his face.

“Thanks, but I didn’t need the help, pal,” the silver haired man said smugly as he held the sharp end of the knife with his finger tips.

After tossing away the knife, they both walked out of the cage while the crowd continued cheering for them. Upon their exit of the stadium, they saw Isaac, Mecha, Plusle and Rui outside, much to their surprise. Unable to contain her excitement, Rui ran towards the silver haired man and gave him a huge hug. “Oh, Wes!” she cried happily. “You won’t believe it when you hear this!”

“I’m not believing what I’m seeing right now,” Wes said in shock but still kept his cool. “I mean Isaac’s not resting on the couch like he does all day. What’s the occasion?”

“Stevens said to meet him at the docks later. We’ve got a new mission,” Isaac said.

That night at the docks, a man in a red and white jacket was waiting by the ship, almost ready to depart for the Seveii Islands. His associates arrived to his location on time, with their bags packed and now wearing a different sort of clothing. They were all dressed in black, suspicious that someone may be spying on them.

“Ready to go?” Stevens asked.

Everyone held their thumbs up in response, signalling that they were ready to leave.

“Y’know, I can’t help but think that I’m missing a few people but I can’t remember who,” Stevens said as they walked towards the ship.

Five years ago, these people and pokemon, apart from Tattoo, were involved in a downfall of a criminal organisation known as Team Dark, with the help of their old associates, Black Jack and Ash. They decided to set up their mercenary agency called the Orre Pack, taking on jobs that required a lot of action and, of course, a lot of money. They could never be hired by phone or address; the only way they could be hired was by finding them. Tattoo joined them shortly after but that was another story.

Meanwhile, in the early of the same day at One Island, Black Jack and his pokemon were walking from the nearby forest with bruises on different parts of their bodies yet they didn’t appear to be badly hurt. As they made their way back to camp, they spotted that Spencer was out of his tent and was looking around in all directions. “Something up, Hale?” Black Jack asked as they walked up towards him.

“Yes, it’s been over an hour and the delivery man from the village nearby hasn’t arrived yet,” Spencer said.

“That means no beer for me. Where’s this village?”

Spencer pointed to the road that Black Jack and his pokemon came from, telling which directions to take to get to the village while Black Jack paid close attention and nodding to each instruction.

“Morning, everyone,” Alice said, catching their attention as she walked towards them. She was dressed in her usual attire.

“Morning,” Her two elders replied back.

“What’s going on?” Alice asked.

“I’m going to the village to the village to pick up the goods, they haven’t arrived yet. You coming?” Black Jack asked.

“Sure, but we got to get back as fast as we can,” Alice said as they started walking towards Black Jack’s motorcycle.

“Heh, I sense what you’re thinking,” Black Jack replied, knowing that Alice wouldn’t say anything to hurt anyone’s feelings. “If Jerry’s hyperactively happy when it comes to food, I’d hate to see what he’ll be like when he doesn’t get any… actually, no I wouldn’t.

“Uncle,” Alice said, not pleased with his maliciousness.

After Black Jack returned his pokemon back to their pokeballs they set off towards the village with Black Jack in the driver’s seat and Alice in the sidecar. They drove down several paths to get to the village until they saw a long, blue snake-like creature lying in the middle of the road. Black Jack made an emergency stop on his motorbike.

They both got out of the bike and ran over to it, who appeared to be badly beaten. “A Dragonair,” Black Jack said. “What’s a dragon like her doing out here?”

“We’ll ask her later,” Alice replied. “I hope the village has a pokemon centre.”

The dragon opened her eyes weakly and saw them coming her way. She let out a loud yell, stopping them from coming any closer. “She thinks that we’re trying to hurt her,” Black Jack said noticeably. “I’d probably feel the same way if I was beaten up like that.”

“We can’t just leave her here, uncle,” Alice said. “But if we get any closer, she’ll attack out of instinct.”

“I got something,” Black Jack said as he ran over to a tree, hiding behind it. He took a pokeball off his belt and opened it, releasing his Salamence who was the same dragon type as the injured Dragonair. The winged dragon looked around, surprised for one particular reason.

“(What? No gang bash up?)” Salamence growled in puzzlement. “(What’s the occasion)?”

“We have a Dragonair out there,” Black Jack said. “And it looks badly hurt; some thug must’ve busted her up real good. Because of that, we can’t get near her. We need you to tell that we’re not going to hurt her.”

“(I don’t want to risk myself),” Salamence growled back nervously. “(You noticed what’s being revolving with us lately, right? Y’know, us being tough guys and all).”

“And they say that only males are looking for mates,” Black Jack said, showing a dull look on his face. “Look, just talk to her okay?”

Salamence reluctantly walked past his friend and around the trees. He saw the injured Dragonair that Black Jack mentioned and walked slowly towards her. She slowly looked up towards him with a puzzled look on her face.

“(Hi, it’s okay, kid),” Salamence growled. “(These two guys are friends here, they’re not here to hurt ya).”

“(Have I… seen you before…?)” Dragonair asked.

Salamence’s became puzzled when she asked that question. They both stared at each other for a moment filled of awkward silence. Somehow, they felt that they had met somewhere before.

The snake-like dragon then noticed Alice coming towards her and quickly closed her eyes, in fear that she might hurt her. But, to her surprise, she felt a light stroke from her soft hand. She slowly opened her eyes and saw her stroking her skin.

“(See)?” Salamence growled. “(Nothing to be afraid of).”

“Salamence,” Black Jack said as he walked up to them from behind. “How about it if you carry the Dragonair from here? If we use a pokeball, chances are, she would not like that.”

“(Got it),” Salamence growled in agreement.

After picking up the Dragonair and holding her next to her chest, Salamence flew high into the air and waited for Black Jack to start up the motorcycle. After he started driving, the dragon followed him.

It didn’t take them long until Salamence spotted the village… which was on fire. “(Black Jack)!” he roared. “(The village is on fire)!”

“What?” Black Jack yelled in shock.

“What is it, uncle?” Alice asked in puzzlement.

“Just hold on tight, little cub,” Black Jack said he began to drive faster.

After taking the final path to get to the village, Alice, Black Jack and Salamence were shocked at the sight of the place when they saw several houses on fire and many people and pokemon injured or trapped. Salamence slowly and safely landed on the ground.

Thinking quickly, Alice and Black Jack tossed all of their pokeballs out releasing their pokemon. “Listen up, boys and girls,” Black Jack said in serious tone. “We got a big situation here, there are people and pokemon trapped in several places and they could use a helping hand.” He then turned towards his niece after everyone growled and cooed in agreement. “Alice, call Ketchum and the others from camp. The more the merrier.”

“One step of ya this time, uncle,” Alice said as she took a small orange gadget, called a pokenav, out of her pocket.

“Salamence, let’s go find the pokemon centre,” Black Jack said as he got on his motorcycle.

“(Comin’),” Salamence growled as he flew up into the sky once again, carrying the blue snake-like dragon while following his trainer on his bike.

Alice quickly tapped in a number of buttons on her pokenav and hoped that someone would receive her call. “Alice?” a voice said curious tone.

“Max! You’re not going to believe this but we got some trouble here,” Alice said trying to stay calm.

“You’re telling me,” Max said. “Jerry’s gone crazy because we have no food.”

“That’s not the only problem we have right now.”
---------------------------------------------
More coming! Reviews please!

Last edited:

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
*whistles as a sign of being impressed.*

Been a while since I reviewed Pokemon Impact isn't it? Sorry, I didn't get around to it till now. I've been busy with my story. Anyway, looks like the gang's still the same. Really, really good pokemon story, B. Chapter 6 was pretty good. I can't wait to see more!

But, there's one thing. The Sevii islands are spelled Sevii. As in seven and the roman numeral VII. That's easily fixed so don't worry. I like the salamence. Anyway, kudos on another job well done!

LX

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Suddenly, the phone started to ring. “Mecha, get the phone,” the man said sleepily.

Annoyed, the Rhydon let out a small growl while rolling his eyes as he got up from the computer and walked over to the phone while the Plusle leapt off his head. When he reached for the phone, he held it above the man’s head and then dropped it. “Ow! That’s not what I meant!” the man yelled angrily after he felt the impact.

XDDDDDD

Without being ordered, the Medicham ran towards his opponent and slid under him, making him miss his attack while he grabbed a folded steel chair. “Kobra, watch out!” the muscular man yelled.

Kobra quickly turned around, only to be knocked down by the weapon that was tossed into his face, courtesy of his opponent. The crowd gasped in awe upon hearing the impact.

Ah, the folding chair. Always awesome. ^^

The Medicham vs. Kobra battle was terrific. I also really liked the interaction between Salamence and Dragonair. Oh, and yes, let's don't forget that great aforementioned Mecha-moment. If this fic was a cake, ittle touches like that would be the sprinkles. ^^

...Wait, if this fic was a cake...I wonder what flavor it would be?

o.o

...Er, never mind. XD Anyway, spiffy work once again. Kudos! ^^

M

Master of Legends

Whats up Brian Powell? long time eh? Love the fic (de-ja-vu i remember saying this a few times lol) its great! man ur like the best fic writer here. Question for Black Jack, Why were you so cruel? let me restate that Why are you so cruel? and for Alice, do you have a boyfriend? if not I think you and Jerry will end up together.... yup definatly (right? wait dont anwser that I wanna be supprised)

Anyway I give it a infinity out of 10 keep up the great work!
Also when is the next chapter (not to hurry you but... its just so good) lol any way good job, love your fics, and ...... um yah thats it.

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Ledian_X: Thanks, Leddy. ^^ It’s okay if you’re reviewing late mate, I’m not rushing you or anything, man, because as the end of the day, we’re all hu-man (That’s for you Cena ^^). You’ll be seeing more action soon.

So Seveii is actually Sevii? I better check that with my FireRed game. Thanks for taking notice of that.

Sike Saner: I prefer the ‘Plusle stop crying immediately’ moment better. XD

The Medicham vs. Kobra battle was terrific
I thought that it might’ve sucked in my view because they were finishing off their battle. The Medicham’s name is Tattoo btw.

I also really liked the interaction between Salamence and Dragonair
You soon know what these two are soon.

Oh, and yes, let's don't forget that great aforementioned Mecha-moment
Yep, the phone bit was funny and the robot arm he has is not for show.

Wait, if this fic was a cake...I wonder what flavor it would be?
No idea. :p

Master of Legends: Hey there, mate. I was thinking that you’ve forgotten about this fic. If I’m the best writer there is, why have I not won that award? :p Never mind, I’ll keep on working and you’ll be reading… after I’m done with my annoying exams. Thanks for encouragement.

Question for Black Jack, Why were you so cruel? let me restate that Why are you so cruel?
Black Jack: I see that you’ve read the part about my love for violence. If you want to know, this whole breaking bones thing started when I found my parents murdered when I was kid, I had this thing of hurting the killer, which turned out to be Damien Tusk *slightly shakes with anger but cools down*, but it was growing slowly until I was forced to join TR and we had been training harshly ever since until the boys and I felt that we’re strong enough to get the heck out and because of them, we had this ‘Black Jack’ thing growing like mad. Knowing how strong we are, we were breaking bones ever since.

Alice, do you have a boyfriend? if not I think you and Jerry will end up together.... yup definatly (right? wait dont anwser that I wanna be supprised)
Alice: Now I know how Misty felt. No, I don’t have a boyfriend. Jerry? I was going to say something about that but since you don’t want to know, fine.

Different note: If I could, I’d be drawing pictures of my characters from the PI series but as much as I want to I have a reason for not drawing at all... I suck at that but I do have a couple of ideas...

1. Battle scenes (obviously)
2. Funny picture of Mewtwo and Jerry playing chess (with Jerry struggling).
3. Samson (from PI2)
4. Black Jack and Ash standing back to back with images of various characters in the background.
5. The ‘cubs’ looking at a map while Black Jack leans on his bike looking at the sunset.

That’s all I got for now.

Until next time, kids. ^^

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Chapter 2

Behind one of the buildings in the village, a small wolf pokemon Poochyena was in a cardboard box and was trying to put out a fire that was lit onto it. Luckily for the little pup, someone came and helped put it out by patting on the fire. It was Keith as he picked up the Poochyena and carried him away.

It was some time after Ash and the others came to the village’s aid, helping the innocent bystanders, whether they were lost, trapped or injured. The village was almost in ruins as several buildings were burnt down; luckily for the injured, the hospital and the pokemon centre were still standing.

Apart from Black Jack who was resting with his back on the wall of one of the burnt houses, looked on as his associates were nursing the injured and calming the terrified. “Hey Black Jack,” Keith’s voice said, catching his attention. “Everyone’s safe now. I think this Poochyena’s the last one.”

Black Jack let out a small uncaring grunt still observing the chaos around the scenery. He thought up one particular suspect that would cause all this damage for their own personal gain. “Snappy!” a woman’s voice cried, catching their attention.

A woman in her twenties, wearing some casual clothing ran up to them and the Poochyena immediately recognised her and leapt from Keith’s arms onto hers. They both hugged lovingly as though they were mother and child.

She turned her attention towards them. “Thank you,” she sobbed. “I’ve been so worried. I don’t know how to repay you.”

“Er… no need, ma’am,” Keith said. “I’ve found it in a cardboard box. I guess it was playing there before the fire started.”

“We were taking a stroll in the streets until those villains came and frightened us,” the woman said. “Snappy got frightened and ran away.”

“Villains, eh? What did they look like?” Black Jack asked, still picturing the same villains he was suspecting.

“They were wearing some sort of red and black uniform, each one had a hood over their heads.”

“Keith,” Black Jack said to his student. “Sound familiar to you?”

“Maybe,” Keith replied turning to towards his mentor with his eyes narrowed and his finger placed his lips as though he was thinking. “Sounds like an old criminal organisation that were taken out five years ago, Team Magma…”

“You’re saying that they’re back together?”

“Most unlikely, there’s this other team that Team Ocean had been fighting against for a long time but it was a long time after the last time they fought. This team is opposite of Team Ocean, an altered version of Team Magma… Team Molten.”

“So Team Molten were the ones who set fire to this town,” the woman said. “Do you think they’ll be back?”

Black Jack showed an evil smirk on his face. “Put it this way,” he said. “I break necks for a hobby.”

The woman trembled with fear after hearing the evilness of his voice. “Don’t worry about him,” Keith said showing an arrogant smirk of his own. “He’s always in for a fight.”

“By the way,” the woman said. “I never heard of those Team Organisations. How do you?”

“I just know those things,” Keith said simply.

While they spoke, Black Jack walked away from them. After walking a small distance, he sensed a presence not far from his location, a familiar presence. He turned around and looked mountain close by. His eyes narrowed as he continued glaring at the same part of the mountain for a long minute until Tyranitar walked up to him, also looking at the same part of the mountain. He too also sensed a familiar presence nearby. “(Black Jack),” he growled to his friend.

“I know,” Black Jack replied still in his quiet state. “Now’s not the time or the place… unless he says it is.” With that said, he and the green dinosaur walked to the Pokemon Centre.

At the Pokemon Centre, Salamence was standing outside the badly damaged building after helping the injured Dragonair get there. He observed the chaos around him while thinking about the blue dragon and how they had a feeling that they’ve met somewhere before.

“(Hey lover boy),” Feraligatr growled jokingly, catching his attention. “(Still thinking about that cute Dragonair)?”

Salamence turned towards his blue crocodile and poison pin friends. “(For your information, I’m not a lover boy),” he growled. “(I’m just trying to remember where I have met this gal).”

“(Was it a long time ago that you met her)?” Nidoking growled.

“(Maybe… right now, she’s being checked on. I’d like to keep watch on her but I’m a little too big for those rooms).”

“(Keep watch, huh? Another exhibit of evidence that you like her),” Feraligatr growled trying to sound smart while Nidoking let out a small giggle.

Salamence became annoyed by his comment. “(Will you two shut up already)!?” he growled. “(I’m off to help the injured).”

“(Everyone’s safe but okay),” Feraligatr growled loudly as they saw the blue winged dragon walk away.

“(Salamence and Dragonair sittin’ in a tree),” Nidoking sneered jokingly.

Salamence heard that, he cringed and shut his eyes tightly in an angry fashion thinking up numerous swear words.

Inside the Pokemon Centre, the Dragonair was in an operating room where she was contained inside a glass box. She was connected to a number of wires connected to a machine that was being controlled by a nurse. She was lucky to get help, there was so much damage outside and within the building that medical treatment was limited.

Despite that she was intimidated as she backed herself away from the nurse despite that she assured her that no one would hurt her. Alice was outside room in the corridor where she looked at the bewildered dragon through a window with concern in her eyes. “Time out, Alice,” his friend’s voice said catching her attention.

Alice turned towards him and saw that it was Ash calling to her. As usual, Pikachu was holding on to his head. He was holding two plastic bottles of mineral water, handing one over to her and she politely accepted his offer.

“So,” Ash said as he turned towards the Dragonair. “How is she doing?”

“She’s so nervous after taking this rough beating,” Alice replied with concern in her voice. “I think she may trust me and Salamence but I don’t think she’s not going to listen to others.”

“I’ve been in this situation before. There are pokemon out there that are being mistreated and villages being torn by people like those guys that did this. What ticks me off is that I can’t be there for everyone.” There was a hint of sadness in his voice. Pikachu cooed in response.

“I guess that’s the reality of things,” Alice said. “Uncle Jack taught me that.”

He let out a small sigh and silence followed as they continued looking at the Dragonair with concern. “Hey, Alice,” Ash said. “I asked a couple of people around here about who was burning the village. They said that they had red and black clothing with hoods over their heads. Does that mean anything?”

“Not really,” Alice said while thinking. “Before you said something like that I thought it was Team Ocean.”

“Team Ocean? Who are they?”

“In Uncle Jack’s words, they are a rip-off version of Team Aqua, a group that you and the other guys help disband years ago. Remember?”

“Boy, do I?”

-Flashback-

It was a few years ago, somewhere in the Kanto region, when Ash, Pikachu, May, Brock and Max were running though a forest with Ash carrying a green crystal orb. Alongside them was Ash’s old friend, Brendan Birch. They met for the very first time in the Hoenn League championship and had a valiant and epic tournament match with Ash winning it.

Ash was wearing a pair of blue baggy trousers, black fingerless training gloves, a cap and a black t-shirt underneath his sleeveless sweater. Brendan had silver hair with a black bandanna around his forehead, a red and black jacket and trousers and trainers. May was wearing her red jacket, white miniskirt over her tight black shorts and trainers. Max was wearing a pair of brown baggy shorts, green t-shirt and a pair of glasses. Brock was wearing a large brown jacket and grey baggy trousers.

This was the time when they found out from a television shop that a criminal organisation known as Team Aqua, whose goal was to increase the depths of the waters, found a blue crystal orb and Team Magma, whose ambition was to increase the mass of the lands, found a red orb and they were now searching for the legendary pokemon to control. Both orbs were from unknown places as far as Ash and his friends were concerned. The green orb was given to Ash from Brendan after he received it from a total stranger because of his knowledge to these legendaries and that he was told about the actions of both organisations.

Each crystal orb had the power to allow the user control three legendary pokemon. The blue orb had the power to control Kyogre, the legendary pokemon of the sea. The red orb contained the power to control Groudon, the legendary pokemon of the earth. And Rayquaza, the legendary pokemon the sky, can be controlled by the green orb.

Ash already knew about the red and blue orbs since he had dealt with Aqua and Magma involving those legendary pokemon before when both teams were attempting to control Groudon and Kyogre but to no avail because they were using the wrong orbs. This time they found the right way of controlling them.

They continued to run until they came across a beach where they saw an old tower nearby. “That’s the Sky Pillar! Where Rayquaza sleeps on the roof!” Brendan said.

“C’mon!” Ash yelled with determination in his voice as he and his friends ran towards their location. Upon entry, they noticed that there were a number of floors before they would reach Rayquaza.

They climb to the top was tiring and dangerous as some parts of the floors had large and small cracks that threatened they would break into a hole when stepped on. After their arduous climb, they spotted an enormous green snake-like dragon who sleeping peacefully. This creature was the legendary dragon…

“Rayquaza…” Ash whispered with enthusiasm in his voice as he began walking slowly to it.

“Ash, wait a minute,” Brendan warned. Before he could say another word the green started glowing vigorously, much to the astonishment of Ash and his friends.

Rayquaza’s eyes slowly opened. At first sight, he saw Ash holding the glowing orb and saw intimidation in his eyes. “[Do not fear me],” sent a calm voice.

“What the…?” Ash asked in astonishment as he looked at the dragon. “You’re talking… to me?”

“[Yes],” it replied as it raised its head. “[You came because of the upcoming dangers from Kyogre and Groudon].”

Ash nodded in response. “But it’s not their fault,” he said. “Some bad guys I know are trying to take control of them.”

“[We must act quickly],” Rayquaza sent as it lowered its head to the rooftop so that Ash can get on its head.

“Ash,” May said running up to him. He turned around to see her. “If you’re gonna do this, I’m coming with you.”

His other friends followed her, saying that they would be coming as well. He smiled at the fact that he’s got some great friends. “I never said you can’t come,” he said with Pikachu letting out a loud squeak of happiness.

Suddenly, the glowing orb began to sink into Ash’s hand, much to everyone’s surprise. “It’s happening again,” Max said. “Just like last time with Pikachu and Archie.”

After the orb completely sunk inside his hand, his arms and face were showing some strange green pattern. Ash looked at them with awe.

“Ash,” May said with concern in her voice. “How are you feeling?”

“Nothing,” Ash said. “It was kinda scary at first because of what happened to them when they were using those red and blue orbs.”

“[There is not much time],” Rayquaza sent calmly. “[I sense strong dangers that are about to occur in this world].”

Everyone’s attention was caught as they quickly hopped onto the back of the legendary dragon and it flew off into the sky at a high speed. So fast that Ash and his friends had to hold on tight to it.

It didn’t take them long to get to their destination where a giant sea creature known as Kyogre was battling an enormous red and black dinosaur Groudon in the sea close to an island. The weather kept on changing after each second between the extremely bright sunshine with a high temperature and heavy raining.

Controlling Kyogre was a man named Archie, leader of Team Aqua. He was dressed in dark blue clothing and had bandanna around his forehead. He also had a glowing blue pattern around his body and his eyes glowing blue with a maniacal look on his face. He was standing on top of a gigantic submarine, where his crew members stood behind him to observe the battle.

Controlling Groudon was another man, whose name was Maxie, leader of Team Magma, dressed in a long red and black jacket, black shoes and trousers with red neck length hair. He too had a pattern around his body but coloured red while his eyes energetically glowed the same colour as his pattern; he also had the same look his opponent had. He was standing on a red submarine where his comrades were also watching the scene.

“There they are!” Max yelled as he pointed at the two teams and the battling pokemon.

Ash sensed that, unlike himself, Archie and Maxie were being controlled by the orbs. Despite that, he had no time to think. “Let’s take ‘em!” Ash yelled.

Rayquaza let out a huge roar catching everyone’s attention. They looked into its attention and soon noticed that both the bright sunshine and the heavy raining began to move away. The weather soon became a sunny day white clouds hovering in the blue sky.

“Rayquaza…” Both Maxie and Archie growled in unison. They both looked at each other and nodded, as though they were agreeing on a particular subject.

“Kyogre! Attack that Rayquaza!” Archie yelled as he pointed at the legendary dragon.

“Groudon! You too!” Maxie yelled.

Kyogre shot a blue beam out of its mouth towards Rayquaza while Groudon shot out a powerful lick of flame at the same target.

Rayquaza quickly shot out a powerful energy beam from its mouth colliding its attack with theirs causing a huge explosion on contact. Everyone covered their eyes to protect themselves from the blinding light and dust of the explosion.

Ash felt a slight drain of energy coming away from him after Rayquaza’s attack but he and his friends were too distracted from the explosion to notice that.

After the explosion cleared, everyone looked back towards the battle scene. Archie and Maxie wasted no time commanding their legendary creatures to attack Rayquaza. They blasted out their attacks numerous times while the legendary dragon dodged each one while fighting back.

Ash’s friends noticed that something was wrong with him when he wasn’t holding onto Rayquaza tightly enough as he was about slip off. “Ash! What’s wrong?” May cried out of concern.

“Don’t worry about me!” Ash yelled after shaking away his dizziness.

“Guys! I forgot to you something!” Brendan yelled. “Every time Rayquaza attacks, the energy will be drained from the user of the green orb!”

“You didn’t tell us earlier!?” May yelled angrily.

“Sorry!” Brendan yelled nervously.

“C’mon! We got think of something to help Ash out!” Brock yelled.

“I got an idea!” Brendan yelled as he took a pokeball of his belt. “I’ll use Swarmpert to distract one of the teams! I’ll get him to punch a hole in one of those submarines!”

Max’s eyes widened with shock. “Brendan!” he shouted “That’s stupid, crazy and… it might just work!”

“Swarmpert!” Brendan yelled as he tossed out his pokeball. “Use your Mega Punch attack! Slam a hole inside one of the submarines!”

A blue mudfish like pokemon materialised after being released from his pokeball. He looked down on the blue submarine and quickly dived down spinning like a drill, aiming his punch to it.

“These guys are crazy!” yelled one of the Team Aqua grunts in fright as he looked up towards the Swarmpert. Everyone also looked up and became frightened of what would occur to the ship.

“Abandon ship! I mean submarine!” another one yelled as they jumped off the submarine apart from Archie who was still standing on it, still focused on Rayquaza.

Brock, noticing how effective the plan was, quickly took a pokeball off his pokeball belt and tossed it out. “Forretress! Rapid Spin and Explosion!” he yelled tossing out his pokeball.

A dual steel and bug type pokemon materialised after being released from the ball and begun to spin around while aiming towards the red submarine where Team Magma were standing. They heard a whistling noise and looked up to see Forretress diving down towards them while glowing vigorously.

“Two of them! Abandon ship!” one of the Magma grunts yelled as he jumped off the vehicle. He saw Swarmpert attacking the blue submarine earlier.

Everyone also looked up and reacted quickly as they also jumped off the submarine except Maxie who was still under the orb’s control.

Soon, Swarmpert and Forretress crashed into their targeted ships, smashing a hole inside them. Both ships exploded, forcefully sending both leaders of their respective teams flying into the sea distracting both Kyogre and Groudon, the pokemon they were both controlling.

“We got them now, guys!” Max yelled.

“Go for it, Rayquaza!” Ash yelled. “Give them your best shot!”

Taking advantage of the distraction, the sky dragon quickly powered up his Hyper Beam attack and fired the gigantic energy beam out of its mouth. Kyogre and Groudon turned around and the beam collided unto them, causing an explosion upon impact. Everyone closed their eyes to protect them from the light and dust of the explosion.

After the explosion cleared, everyone opened their eyes and saw Groudon and Kyogre floating motionlessly on the sea surface. “Yes! Ash! We did it!” Ash’s friends yelled.

But Ash, out of exhaustion, lost his grip of Rayquaza’s back and fell a great height, much to everyone’s shock. His friends looked down and saw Ash splashed into the sea. Sensing the danger, Rayquaza quickly dived down to save him.

Soon, many people and pokemon were on the island after the battle between Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza. On one side of the island, Ash was lying unconsciously on the ground while his friends tried to wake him up. Ash was not longer had green patterns on his body but Brendan was holding the orb.

Ash slowly opened his eyes and saw his friends around. “Hi guys,” he said weakly. “Did we win?”

“Heck yeah!” Brendan said. “Kyogre and Groudon got beat. Rayquaza’s checking up on them. My Swarmpert and Brock’s Forretress are safe, back inside their pokeballs.”

“What about Team Aqua and Magma? Did they make out okay?” Ash asked. Despite that he hated the evilness of those team, Ash was a compassionate side of him.

“Yeah,” Max said in a down tone. “And they’re coming this way.”

Everyone looked at Max’s direction and saw both teams coming their way. “Hey! Where’s our boss!” One of the Team Aqua members yelled demandingly.

Many of the members from both team started complaining about the whereabouts of their leaders. One of them soon noticed that their leaders were now on the island shore. “Guys! Our leaders are here!” he shouted.

The two leaders were also unconsciously lying on the shore and they had the orbs lying next to them. Their teams ran over to them and tried to wake them up. Maxie and Archie slowly opened their eyes and were shocked that Kyogre and Groudon were no longer there.

“It’s those kids’ fault!” Archie snarled turning towards the children and picking up his blue orb. “Why can’t you see that we need more water?! We are doing this for the good of the world.”

“Hey! Don’t you know why we had stop you!” May yelled. Ash wanted to stand up but he was weak of his drained energy during the battle. “If you did something like that, you’d kill us all! There would be no land to live on!”

“Correct,” Maxie said confidently. “That is why we, Team Magma, are intending to increase to mass of the lands.”

“What? And have no water around?” Brendan yelled. “How are we suppose to drink? Where will the water pokemon live if you take their water away? Tell us!”

Both Maxie and Archie showed angry eyes, struggling to answer their questions. “The sea kills all!” Maxie yelled as he held his orb into the sky.

“You imbeciles!” Archie yelled angrily. “With the help of Kyogre! We’ll increase the depths of the sea and kill those who intrude!

Suddenly, three different roars were heard simultaneously catching everyone’s attention. It was Rayquaza, Kyogre and Groudon staring down at the two maniacal leaders. “Er... the pokemon are thinking otherwise, pals,” Brendan said with a small smirk.

“Obey me and attack!” Archie yelled but Kyogre let out a loud roar in response.

“I don’t think so,” Brendan said. “You guys have used up all of the power of the orbs. Without them, they’re useless. You should wait for them to recharge for, say... a long time.”

“Useless!” Archie yelled out of anger and frustration while throwing away the blue orb towards the children, as did Maxie. Max and Brock quickly picked them up.

Both leaders and the rest of their teams became intimidated at that news and backed away from the pokemon. “We must escape!” Maxie yelled.

“I don’t think so,” Brock said. “Did you guys forget that you’re submarines are smashed?”

They then heard a siren coming from afar, much to both teams’ dismay while Rayquaza quickly flew towards the children, signalling them to get on his back. Members of Team Aqua and Magma begged to be rescued but the legendary pokemon refused to let them leave the island, letting out their loud roars before leaving the scene.

Sometime after getting back to the shore of the Kanto region where no one would find them. Kyogre and Groudon were first to leave the scene as they travelled back to their resting places while Rayquaza stayed afloat. The green orb Brendan was carrying began glowing again, much to everyone’s surprise.“[The balance of nature has been restored],” Rayquaza sent. “[The world couldn’t have been in better hands].”

With that sent, the orb stopped glowing and Rayquaza flew away until he was out of sight. “Hey Brendan,” Ash said. “How come I was able to control myself after the green orb got inside me?”

“I haven’t studied on that part yet,” Brendan said.

“Well, you did save the world more than once, Ash,” Brock said knowingly. “Maybe you have a knack for doing that.”

Ash and his friends looked down on the orbs, wondering they should do. They decided to throw them away but in different parts of the sea so that no one corrupted would stand a chance of finding them.

Soon afterwards, Brendan parted ways from his friends knowing that they would meet again.

-End flashback-

“I can’t take all the credit for that. I’m not the guy who did all the work,” Ash said. “I had Max and the other guys with me.”

“Why is it that things like these happen to us?” Alice asked out of curiosity.

“I don’t know,” Ash replied with a shrug. “I guess things like these happen.”

Suddenly, they heard someone barging into the corridor, falling to the floor in the process and turned their attention to see Jerry lying, face first, on the floor. He was holding a newspaper. “Something wrong Jerry?” Alice asked.

“Ash!” Jerry said sounding desperate as he quickly got up on his feet. “It’s Misty! She’s… she’s gone missing!”

“What!?” Ash yelled in shock, as did Pikachu but in his own language. Ash quickly snatched the newspaper from Jerry and read the front page, immediately reading the headline ‘Water Pokemon Trainer Netted’. He continued reading the news that Misty was missing after a number of trainers found the Cerulean gym empty with a number of damages to the walls and floors and missing pokemon. The gym and her sisters were placed under high security by the police until further notice.

Ash’s hands shook with anger after he finished reading the news. “When I find out who did this, I’m gonna rip them apart!” he snarled.

“Pikachu,” Pikachu growled, also angry at the criminals.

“I do have one suspect in mind,” said Black Jack as he entered the corridor catching their attention.

“Who is it?” Ash said demandingly.

“Team Ocean.”

--------------------------------------------

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Ah that flashback was fun; I really enjoyed it. It's always cool to see the likes of Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza in action, being the immense, impressive figures that they are. And I'm really glad that Rayquaza appeared as a real character there, with a fairly prominent role. I've seen Kyogre and Groudon appearing in fics here and there, but not so much of the big green guy. But here, he gets a little more attention. Nice. ^^

Oh, and there were also a couple of funny little moments sprinkled into the mix for added measure, which I always like to see. Here are my favorites of those:

“(Salamence and Dragonair sittin’ in a tree),” Nidoking sneered jokingly.

Salamence heard that, he cringed and shut his eyes tightly in an angry fashion thinking up numerous swear words.

“Abandon ship! I mean submarine!”

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Sike: It seems to me that Rayquaza doesn't get much attention in fanfics. When I had Black Jack first mentioning about Team Aqua that Ash beaten up, I needed to back that with a little history/flashback so that the readers will know what Black Jack's talking about.

And about Nidoking said about Salamence said, probably the most funniest thing in this chapter.

Last edited:

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Chapter 3

Black Jack, Alice, Jerry, Ash and Pikachu were in the corridor when the big man told them about the possible suspect Team Ocean.

“And why them? Why not Team Missile?” Ash asked still angry at the kidnappers.

“Team Missile?” Jerry asked Alice with curiosity in his tone.

“You heard about Team Rocket right?” Alice asked.

“Yeah, they got disbanded or something right?” Jerry asked, knowing about Team Rocket being a criminal organisation.

“Well, Team Missile’s like them but their technologies a lot better.”

“Explain?”

“I was once captured by them and I noticed they had this special gadget to control legendary pokemon like Ho-oh and Lugia. But Uncle Jack and Ash dealt with those bad guys and we were set free after that.”

Jerry’s face showed an impressed expression while Black Jack was telling Ash his answers. “If memory serves me correctly,” Black Jack said. “Team Ocean did mention that they plan to find a bunch of water pokemon masters to take over the world. And after what we have done to Team Missile, they would think twice before messing with us.”

Pikachu leapt off Ash’s head as Ash stormed towards him and grabbed him by his neck collar of his jacket, pulling him closer. “Why didn’t you tell me?” Ash snarled.

“I was hoping they would see sense,” Black Jack replied evilly with narrowed eyes. “Now let go of my jacket, Ketchum.”

“Why?” Ash snarled, letting his anger take control. “What are you going to…”

Black Jack quickly responded by knocking his hands away and grabbing him by the neck. He then proceeded to harshly push his rival onto the wall still holding him by the neck, threatening to choke him.

Realising the danger, Alice and Pikachu came between them stopping the fight. “Uncle, stop!” she said loudly. “This is a Pokemon Centre! We don’t want anyone else hurt right now! Aren’t you two friends?”

Silence followed with Ash and Black Jack continuing to stare at each other with anger in their eyes. A moment later, Black Jack spoke. “We’re not friends,” he said answering Alice’s question. “But seeing him as someone in my league, I respect him.

“But a little warning, Ketchum,” he continued. “If you value your neck, don’t ever do that or ask me that question.”

He released his neck and slowly walked out of the corridor. Ash let out some deep breaths, trying to calm himself down while Pikachu leapt onto his shoulder and placed his paw on his friend’s head comforting him. “I got to call home,” Ash said as he walked out of the corridor.

Alice let out a small sigh, relieved that they didn’t have to fight. “Man, that was something,” Jerry said. “That was brave what you did there Alice.”

“I’m used to it,” Alice said putting on a small smile. “Uncle Jack gets into fights all the time.”

“As if I didn’t know that.”

They then heard a small beep coming from the operating room signalling that the operation was over and the nurse came out of the room. Alice walked up to her. “How is she doing Nurse Joy?” Alice asked, hoping that the Dragonair would be fine.

“There’s no need to worry now,” Joy said in an assuring tone. “Even though she’s been beaten badly, she’ll be fully recovered by tomorrow morning and will be released by then.”

Alice let out a small sigh of relief after hearing that news. “Thanks Nurse Joy,” she said. “I don’t know how to repay you.”

“It was nothing compared to how you saved the trapped and injured while the village was on fire.”

“That reminds me. How come those thugs set fire to it?” Jerry asked. His eyes then widened with shock and despair. “Wait… they… didn’t take the food, did they?”

“Well…” Nurse Joy said worriedly but Alice stopped her by holding her hand out.

“I know that tone! They did! Didn’t they!?” Jerry yelled with tears forming in his eyes. He then started wailing as he rushed out of the corridor.

“He hasn’t eaten since last night,” Alice said as she placed her hand on her forehead in embarrassment. “Still, it’s a good thing we’re getting the guys healed. I’ll stick around and help you out Nurse Joy. I can see that you got a lot of work to do.”

“Thank you,” Nurse Joy said with a nod. “Right now, we need all the help we can get.”

Alice looked at the Dragonair and smiled, happy that the blue dragon would be completely healed the next day.

Night time. Black Jack and his pokemon were walking around in separate ways inside the village. Each one of them had a torch and a walkie-talkie each to see in the dark. They were on a night watch, protecting the villagers by looking out for intruders. “(Some guys are fine after getting some medical attention, but the Centre and hospital’s still got a lot of work to do),” Tyranitar growled to himself, reminding himself about the day’s events as he leaned on one of the burnt houses. “(A lot of food will be arriving tomorrow morning. That should put Jerry’s head at ease).”

He began walking around to look for possible intruders, ready to fight them if necessary… or when. He sensed a familiar presence nearby and turned his attention towards it. It turned out to be Ash, who had a torch of his own and a look of sadness on his face as he looked down on the ground. Pikachu was riding on his shoulder. Neither of them could sleep because of what happened to Misty.

“(Hey Ash),” Tyranitar growled.

“Hey Tyranitar,” Ash replied in a down tone, as did Pikachu but in his own language. “Can we hang around with you tonight?”

Tyranitar nodded, allowing them to patrol around the area with him. They were silent for a number of minutes as they walked until Ash broke it. “Sorry about what happened back there with Black Jack,” he said. “I hope he didn’t take it the wrong way.”

“(If I was you I wouldn’t threaten him like that),” Tyranitar growled. “(But on the other hand, Jack knows what you’re going through with Misty being captured. Remember what we did to Mane when he captured Black Jack’s family)?”

“Yeah,” Ash replied tonelessly.

“(How’s the family taking it)?”

“Misty’s sisters were in tears when I called them. They said the police are currently looking for clues in the gym while protecting them under high security. They kept on asking me what we’re going to do about this. You and the other guys can stay but I decided to cut my trip short and head back home, in case they need me.”

“(Any clues from the police)?”

“No. Not at this point.”

They both continued walking together looking for intruders. As they came next to next to a corner of one of the buildings, Tyranitar stretched his foreleg out towards that corner and grabbed a suspicious character. He dragged him and held him closely face-to-face, much to Ash’s surprise.

Tyranitar glared evilly at the intimidated grunt while growling. “He says that you were so nervous that he heard your heart beat,” Ash said, translating for Tyranitar. “What did you hear?”

“Nothing much,” the grunt said nervously.

As Ash looked on at the situation, Pikachu sensed another intruder coming. He quickly turned around and saw another grunt coming towards him with knife. He instinctively leapt towards him but he was prepared as he aimed towards Pikachu. But he felt a kick in the gut from Ash, who also heard him coming, and dropped the knife to the floor. “Pikachu! Use your Iron Tail!” Ash ordered. Pikachu’s jagged tail glowed energetically as he slammed it onto the grunt’s head knocking him down, giving Ash the advantage to hold him down.

“(Been training yourself, I see),” Tyranitar growled after observing what Ash and Pikachu did.

As Ash held him down, he looked up at Tyranitar who was still holding the first grunt and smiled, taking the remark as a compliment. He then saw a third grunt standing on the rooftop of the burnt building behind the green dinosaur looking down at him. The grunt quickly leapt towards him. “Tyranitar! Look out!” Ash yelled warningly.

Tyranitar reacted quickly as he turned towards the grunt jumping down and caught him by the throat, choking him simultaneously. He evilly glared at him while letting out a monstrous growl at him.

“Nice to see you ‘drop in’,” Black Jack said commenting on the third grunt as he walked into the scene catching everyone’s attention. The first grunt gave a nervous laugh in response. “Laugh it up punk. We’re taking you to the police station and we’ll interrogate you boys in the morning.”

He looked down at Ash who was holding down one of the grunts. “Black Jack…” Ash said. “I’m…”

“No need,” Black Jack said lowering his head. “I know.”

The next morning, Black Jack and Ash visited the grunts after spending the night patrolling the village area. Ash originally planned to go back home in his home region of Kanto to visit Misty’s sisters but he decided to stay a little longer because he may get some answers from the grunts. They were given the permission from the police to interrogate them. They sat down in the cafeteria of the station and had a cup of coffee and a number of pancakes each.

“We’re gonna give you boys a new role,” Black Jack said after eating some of his pancakes. “You’re going to be our informants.”

“And the part of that role is that you guys are going to tell us everything you know about Misty’s whereabouts,” Ash said suspiciously. “And with absolute truth.”

“You want the truth?” one of the grunts asked confidently. “You’re not gonna handle it but we don’t know where she is.”

Ash took a photo of Misty out of his pocket and showed it to them. “We all know what she looks like,” the other grunt said. “We saw her in newspapers and TV sets.”

“Y’know, Ketchum,” Black Jack said after taking a sip of his coffee. “In times like this I like my coffee hot.”

Ash showed a puzzled look on his face, as if he was asking, “Why?”

Black responded by splashing it right into the face of one of the grunts. “Agh! My eyes!” The grunt yelled in pain as he quickly got off his seat holding with his hands over his eyes. Black Jack quickly followed the grunt, grabbed him by the shirt and shoved him back into his seat. “I’m blind! I’m can’t see!” the grunt complained still with his eyes feeling sore.

Black Jack responded by backslapping in the face. The grunt became shocked from that hit. His eyes were still hurting but he was no complaining. “Hey! Cafeteria guy!” Black Jack called across the hall where a man dressed in his cafeteria uniform was working at the counter. “Another cup!”

He sat back onto his seat. “You see, boys,” Black Jack said taking off his sunglasses, showing evil looking eyes. “Unlike those authority idiots you meet in places like this, I have my own ways of interrogation. So unless you want to know more about my interrogation skills firsthand, I strongly advise you to answer some questions.”

The grunts nervously looked at both the violent Black Jack and the angered Ash Ketchum. Surely for them, this was not a good time for stalling. “Okay…” one of the grunts said. “I’ll confess…”

Meanwhile in another location of the village, Salamence was patrolling through the streets, looking around for suspicious characters. “(Hi Salamence),” cooed a pokemon’s voice from behind.

Salamence turned around and saw the Dragonair, the same Dragonair he saved the other day. After spending the night at the Pokemon Centre, she was more than fine to leave the place.

“(Hi kid),” Salamence growled with a smile. “(Good thing you’re alive and well, huh)?”

“(For your information, just because I’m not a Dragonite, it doesn’t mean I’m a kid),” she replied.

“(Sorry, I guess your cute looks fooled me).”

Dragonair giggled at that remark while blushing for a slight second. “(I was wondering if I can help patrol the village for a while. After all, you and your friends did rescue me).”

“(I see no harm in that… might be a little dangerous though).”

“(I’ve had worst),” Dragonair cooed putting on a cheery face. “(Stupid)!” she continued feeling rather embarrassed. “(My name’s Aurora. What’s your name)?”
“(I don’t have a name. Just call me Salamence).”

Unknown to them, Nidoking and Feraligatr were spying on them behind a pair of trees. “(I’m telling ya, Feraligatr),” Nidoking growled quietly. “(This stinks).”

“(What stinks)?” Feraligatr asked.

“(Them)!”

Feraligatr looked at their direction and sniffed a big sniff as they walked off. “(I can’t smell anything from them).”

“(That’s not what I meant. Him, her… in love)” Nidoking growled, growling the last two words in a sarcastically loving, passionate voice.

“(I don’t get it. First, we were picking on him for helping that Dragonair and now you’re not liking it. What’s the problem)?”

“(Think about it. If Salamence falls in love with that Dragonair and decides to stick with her, what would become of him and us)?”

Feraligatr thought deeply about the situation for a long minute. He soon realised what it would be like without him “(Oh),” he growled quietly in shock. It would mean that Salamence would no longer get any action plus Black Jack’s team would be down from seven members to six.

“(What’s going on you guys)?” a voice cooed calmly catching their attention.

They turned towards Sceptile and Glalie, both belonging to Ash. “(Salamence’s… in love),” Feraligatr growled, still slightly startled of his realisation.

“(Feraligatr)!” Nidoking snarled. “(Don’t go round telling other pokemon that)!”

“(And that’s a bad thing because…)” Sceptile cooed in a puzzled tone.

“(If Salamence falls for that Dragonair, he’ll stick with her and not with us)!” Nidoking growled.

Sceptile let out a small sigh. “(For pokemon that hanged around a lot more than Sceptile and me put together, you guys are a little dense),” Glalie cooed.

Nidoking’s eyes widened, taking the remark as an insult. “(Excuse me)?” Nidoking growled daring Glalie to say it again.

“(Leave it, Nido. She’s probably right),” Feraligatr growled.

“(I guess you guys don’t like being lonely. I, on the other hand, am always lonely even when it’s break time),” Sceptile cooed. “(Have you guys ever fallen in love)?”

“(No),” both of Black Jack’s pokemon replied.

“(Then you ought to think about what Salamence is thinking, what he wants and all, not just yourselves. Take it from me; I fell for a couple of females. Ash and the other guys were understanding about them… only they fell for other males).”

Glalie turned around hiding her sniggeringing face. “([A couple…])” she thought cheekily. “([Up to Brock’s number is more like it])!”

“(Nice story there Sceptile),” Nidoking growled while showing some deep thought. “(Now if only we were interested…)”

Sceptile’s eyes narrowed, not liking Nidoking’s remark. “(Know this. If you guys are really Salamence’s friend, you’d do whatever it is to make him happy),” he cooed.

“(Hey, but what about us)?” Feraligatr growled.

“(Then you’d be happy that he’s happy),” Sceptile cooed as he turned around beginning to walk away. He noticed that Glalie was still giggling. “(What are you laughing at)?” he cooed.

“(Liar, liar! Pants on fire!)” Glalie cooed loudly zooming away, leaving Nidoking and Feraligatr in puzzlement while Sceptile calmly followed.

“(What are we gonna do)?” Feraligatr growled.

“(We’ll follow them),” Nidoking answered.

Feraligatr began walking in Sceptile’s direction but Nidoking dragged him away by the paw. “(Not them! Salamence and that Dragonair)!” he growled.

Meanwhile, back at the police station, the Team Ocean grunts were answering several questions Black Jack and ash provided. So far, they admitted that they kidnapped Misty and other water pokemon trainers, much to Ash’s dismay. “How did you guys find us?” Black Jack asked. “Were you guys following us when we were on a trip to One Island?”

“Yes, we’ve been following you a lot,” one of the grunts answered nervously.

“Did you have anything to do with the burning village?” Ash asked, trying to keep calm.

“No, not at all.”

“Do you have any suspicions of who might be behind it?”

“We suspect that Team Molten might be behind that,” another grunt replied. “They often use fire pokemon to do their dirty work…”

After more questions were answered, Black Jack, Ash and the grunts were totally quiet. Black Jack snapped his fingers and a policeman walked through the open doors. “If you boys are lying to me, think only this,” he threatened. “I’ll be back to get you.”

He looked up to the policeman and motioned his head to take them away. “Prison cell,” he said.

The grunts stood up from their seats and slowly began to walk away with the policeman following them.

“Any ideas?” Ash asked after the grunts left.

“I think we’ll do a little spying of our own,” Black Jack replied.

“You’re not going to crash in on their submarine are you?” Ash asked with concern. “That’s where they’re keeping Misty and I don’t want her hurt.”

Black Jack smiled a small smile. As much as he loved to physically dismantle his enemies, he couldn’t allow the love of Ash’s life to be hurt. After all, because of his rival’s kind compassion, he’d do the same for him and his family… that’s if any of Black Jack’s enemies had the audacity to do so.

“Did someone say ‘a little spying’?” asked a man’s voice behind them. They turned around and smiled recognising the man who spoke.

Back at Nidoking’s and Feraligatr’s location, they had been following and spying Aurora and Salamence for a long while. As they came towards another corner they noticed the Dragonair coming close to Salamence’s ear, close enough to whisper or something more, and had a suspicious feeling that they may be up to something. Then Salamence sensed their presence and turned towards them, making them panic and hide behind the corner where they wouldn’t be seen.

“(Come on out you two),” Salamence growled knowing that they were hiding there. “(What are you guys up to)?”

Feraligatr and Nidoking came out of their hiding place. “(Um…we thought we smelled… cookies),” Feraligatr growled nervously before running away, dragging Nidoking along with him.

“(Who were those two)?” Aurora cooed.

“(They’re… friends of mine),” Salamence growled feeling slightly embarrassed. “[(Aurora)],” he thought to himself. “[(That name sounds familiar)].”

“(So, are you free tonight)?” Aurora asked.

“(I don’t know),” Salamence growled. “(I better tell Black Jack about… oh, here he comes now).” He noticed his trainer and friend coming towards them.

“Salamence,” Black Jack said. “Glad I caught you. Tell the others that I will be taking a couple of guys to spy on Team Ocean and one of you has to stay in charge. We should be back here very late tonight.”

“(Got it),” Salamence growled. “(Listen to this, Jack. I think we’re going to protect more than the innocent around us).”

“What do you mean by that?” Black Jack asked.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
“I was hoping they would see sense,” Black Jack replied evilly with narrowed eyes. “Now let go of my jacket, Ketchum.”

“Why?” Ash snarled, letting his anger take control. “What are you going to…”

Black Jack quickly responded by knocking his hands away and grabbing him by the neck. He then proceeded to harshly push his rival onto the wall still holding him by the neck, threatening to choke him.

Realising the danger, Alice and Pikachu came between them stopping the fight. “Uncle, stop!” she said loudly. “This is a Pokemon Centre! We don’t want anyone else hurt right now! Aren’t you two friends?”

Silence followed with Ash and Black Jack continuing to stare at each other with anger in their eyes. A moment later, Black Jack spoke. “We’re not friends,” he said answering Alice’s question. “But seeing him as someone in my league, I respect him.

“But a little warning, Ketchum,” he continued. “If you value your neck, don’t ever do that or ask me that question.”

One of those moments that really shows what a strong presence Black Jack can have. It’s part of what I like so much about his character.

“Y’know, Ketchum,” Black Jack said after taking a sip of his coffee. “In times like this I like my coffee hot.”

Ash showed a puzzled look on his face, as if he was asking, “Why?”

Black responded by splashing it right into the face of one of the grunts. “Agh! My eyes!” The grunt yelled in pain as he quickly got off his seat holding with his hands over his eyes.

…And there’s another part of what I like about Black Jack. XD He has the most satisfying ways of dealing with bad guys…

He noticed that Glalie was still giggling. “(What are you laughing at)?” he cooed.

“(Liar, liar! Pants on fire!)” Glalie cooed loudly zooming away, leaving Nidoking and Feraligatr in puzzlement while Sceptile calmly followed.

XDDDDD I just love that Glalie as a character. She makes me think of a giggly little sister.

An unexpected star of that chapter was Feraligatr. More than once, he made me laugh. Here are my favorite Feraligatr moments from that chapter, all of which were very funny (especially the third one!):

“(What stinks)?” Feraligatr asked.

“(Them)!”

Feraligatr looked at their direction and sniffed a big sniff as they walked off. “(I can’t smell anything from them).”

“(That’s not what I meant.

“(What are we gonna do)?” Feraligatr growled.

“(We’ll follow them),” Nidoking answered.

Feraligatr began walking in Sceptile’s direction but Nidoking dragged him away by the paw. “(Not them! Salamence and that Dragonair)!” he growled.

“(Come on out you two),” Salamence growled knowing that they were hiding there. “(What are you guys up to)?”

Feraligatr and Nidoking came out of their hiding place. “(Um…we thought we smelled… cookies),” Feraligatr growled nervously before running away, dragging Nidoking along with him.

I just love that Feraligatr. XD

I'm definitely enjoying the little Salamence and Aurora sub-plot here. Not only is it just really sweet, but the effect it's having on some of the other Pokémon is highly entertaining. XD And of course, the Glalie presence in that chapter was a plus. She turned out to have a fun personality. ^^

Last edited:

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Sike Saner:I enjoy writing Black Jack. He does things that I want to do but I don’t have the guts to do that but I do the guts to criticise.

About the Glalie and her personality, I put her in for you and I think the anime’s Ash’s Glalie has that kind of personality.

And Feraligatr, I enjoy writing the funny/dopey side of him.

You’ll be very surprised after what Salamence will be discovering.

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Thanks Silver Night. I will.

Speaking of work, it's been three/four weeks since I have updated this. I have good reasons why I'm struggling.

1. I'm struggling ton what to write for the next chapter.
2. Writer's block.
3. I have to do a resit for one of the uni module I failed in.
4. It's been a hot summer, makes me feels lazy.
5. Thought up a bunch of one-shots.
6. Busy at home as well.

Despite all these, I'll get this fic updated sooner or later.

Also, I planned something special after this...

See ya!

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
This is probably the most difficult chapter I have to write. I have a feeling that this may suck.

Chapter 4

Mid afternoon.

It was some time after Ash and Black Jack left the village. They were now in a forest near a beach, not far from the village. Ash had Pikachu holding onto his shoulder and Totodile being held onto his chest. They were all hiding behind the bushes.

“You sure this is the place?” a woman asked, walking up to them from behind. She was wearing a blue denim jacket with a small, tight purple t-shirt underneath and a white miniskirt. Her name was Rui, one of members of the Orre Pack.

Alongside her was a man was fellow Orre Pack member Wes, who had silver, spiky hair and wearing a long blue jacket over his t-shirt, black jeans and boots and a white stripe painted on his face; and Detective Stevens, donning a red and white jacket over his white t-shirt, blue jeans and trainers.

Two days ago, they travelled from the Orre Region after hearing the news about the burning village and were hired to investigate the cause of fire. Along with Black Jack and Ash, they had suspicions between two criminal organisations Team Ocean and Team Molten. They figured that they may not find the guilty party here but least they may find some clue.

“If it isn’t, then those punks will have me to answer to,” Ash said answering Rui’s question.

“We’re gonna have to flip a coin for that,” Black Jack commented. He looked down at Ash’s Totodile. “Ready for a little spy game, pal?”

“(You bet’cha)!” Totodile growled enthusiastically.

Ash had a worried look on his face as he placed him on the ground. “Are you sure you’re okay with this?” he asked. “I don’t want to put you at risk.”

Despite Black Jack’s plan to use Ash’s Totodile as a spy and rescuer, as much as Ash wanted to save Misty, he was reluctant to release him for this cause. He wanted to do this himself but Black Jack convinced him that he would easily get caught by Team Ocean because he had one of the most recognisable faces.

Totodile let out a small giggle. “(Aw, c’mon Ash)!” he croaked enthusiastically. “(We’ve been on rescue missions before. Remember that baby Lugia and mother Lugia Team Rocket captured? We knocked their brains out and saved the Lugias)!”

Ash let out a small sigh. “I guess Team Ocean capturing Misty got me all panicky,” he said in a down tone. “I don’t want you captured too.”

“You can’t get panicky right now, Ash,” Stevens said. “Cos if you do you’ll lose focus.”

“You’re right, Stevens,” Ash said. “I wouldn’t want Misty to see me like this.”
“If there’s any problem, get out of there or find another route,” Black Jack said towards Totodile.

“(This won’t be a problem, Ash),” Totodile growled as he ran towards the sea. “(This one’s for the team)!”

“(Good luck, Totodile),” Ash said quietly, hoping that his crocodile friend would get back to them.

He dived into the sea and started to search for the Team Ocean base underwater. It didn’t take him long to find it; it was at the bottom of the sea. The colour of the gigantic base was ocean blue and dome-shaped. He swam around the base to find a way in but to no avail. Suddenly the base began to rise, much to Totodile’s surprise.

He swam up to the bottom of the base to see if there was an entranceway. As a large circular hatch opened, he saw his chance to enter while a blue submarine came out of the entrance.

Meanwhile, on the beach, Black Jack and the others waited patiently for Totodile’s return. They soon spotted Team Ocean’s submarine and quickly hid behind the trees. They took a peek to see what was going on as the submarine came on to the shore. Its hatch opened and released a blue Ferrari.

“The Team Ocean leader must be inside that car,” Ash whispered angrily. “Let’s take ‘em.”

“Not yet, Ash. I’ll have High Flyer and Twister to spy on them,” Stevens said as he took out two of his pokeballs out. “Go!” he cried as he threw them up into the air.

The pokeballs opened, releasing two bird-like pokemon. One had most of its feathers black on its back and wings while it had white feathers on the front while the other had red wings, black feathered neck and a brown head with a pink beak.

“A Tailow and a Spearow,” Black Jack said noticeably.

“Yep, these boys never let me down,” Stevens replied to Black Jack, and then he turned his attention back to his birds. “Boys, we need you to follow that car. High Flyer will need to stay with them while Twister will have to tell us where they’re staying.”

The two bird-pokemon cooed obediently as they turned around, flying away in the other direction. All the others could to do until they return was wait.

The two birds followed the car while airborne. It wasn’t long until they saw the car stopping next to an old cabin-like tavern. It had a red sign on the high part of the building marked ‘The Rough Side’. The two birds landed on top of the roof while two suspicious characters out of the car from each side, unaware that they were being spied upon. They were both wearing long light brown trench coats with bowler hats. “C’mon, let’s go inside,” one of them said.

“(Twister),” High Flyer the Tailow cooed towards his spying partner. “(I’ll stick here and listen to their plan. You fly back to the others and guide them here).”

“(Hush. Hang on a second),” Twister the Spearow squawked, pressing the side of his head on the roof, attempting to listen to the noise from within the tavern.

His partner let out a small sigh. “(Bah. Anything to get away from flying back),” he cooed as he started to fly back to the group.

Meanwhile, at the Team Ocean base, Totodile broke into it as he knocked down the ventilator hatch after crawling though small tunnels. He began walking through a number of corridors, which were all metallic, looking for the prisoners the captured Team Ocean grunts confessed. He peeked around one of the doorways and saw a number of monitors, with a large control box underneath, showing different pictures.

“(A security room),” he croaked to himself looking around for the grunts in the room. There were two of them sitting in their seats and he slowly walked up to them, trying not to make a noise. When he reached up to them, he looked up and saw that they were sleeping.

Taking the advantage, he looked at one of the screens and saw the face he recognised the most... Misty. She was locked up in a prison cell, wearing her yellow sleeveless t-shirt, blue denim shorts, white short sock and brown shoes. After checking what section she was in ‘63DG’, he quickly made his way to her prison cell after sneakily taking a card from the security guard’s pocket, which should help open doors. He knew what he had to do at this moment; find Misty and the other captured trainers and help them escape.

Meanwhile, back at the tavern, the two characters dressed in light brown trench coats were sitting at the same table with other two characters dressed in dark brown trench coats and bowler hats. Apart from them, a barman and a few drunken people, there weren’t a lot of people. The place was dark and slightly messy.

Then, a man walked in wearing a long black trench coat and a bowler hat that shaded his face. He walked over to the counter and took out a small book. “Can I get you anything, sir?” the barman said in a Brooklyn-like accent. He was a bald, fat man with a small beard. He was wearing a tie bow, a white buttoned shirt and black trousers.

The man in black opened his book and read it. “I… would like… a shot of… martini,” he said in a Spanish accent. “Thank you please.”

“Not bad,” the barman replied as he served him the drink. “That’ll be two dollars.”

The man in black handed over the money. “Thank you,” he said as the barman took it as he went back cleaning the glasses.

“So,” one of the men in dark brown trench coats said. “How are you guys doing?”

One of the men in the light brown trench coats let out a small sigh. “Three of our men didn’t come back last night,” he said quietly. “It’s either they’re trapped or they’re being beaten up by Black Jack. I feel sorry for those guys, but I’m glad that that he’s not on a hunt for me.”

“But if you captured one of his relatives, maybe he’ll surrender.”

“No way! Remember when Team Missile captured his family? Black Jack battered their brains out and caused an explosion to one of their bases. Anyway, we’ve already captured Misty Waterflower.”

“Yeah, we’ve read about it,” the other man in a dark brown trench coat said. “That oughta crack that Ash Ketchum guy up, being her boyfriend and all.”

The four mysterious characters chuckled after that remark while the man in black took a sip of his martini. “Almost forgot,” one of the men in a light brown trench coat said. “When are the bosses coming?”

“About nine tonight, it’s a good thing we’re teaming up for once, huh?” the other said as he looked at his watch. “We better get going. Our break’s over.”

“Our break’s over too,” the other man said. “See you later.”

After the four men left, the man in the black trench coat took one last gulp of his drink before placing a few coins down a jar with a sign marked ‘tip jar’ and leaving the tavern.

Once he got outside, he saw the same blue Ferrari and a red jeep leaving the scene. He walked deep into the forest and found Black Jack standing next to his bike; he took his bowler hat off his head revealing his true identity, Wes. He held his thumb up, showing that he got some good information from the unsuspecting agents. “So far, so good,” Wes said.

Back at the Team Ocean base, Totodile, as discreet as he could, hurried towards Misty’s prison cell while carrying a card he took from the sleeping guard. After walking along several corridors and meeting several dead ends, he spotted the following letters and numbers ‘63DG’ marked on the door, meaning that Misty’s prison cell was behind that door. He also spotted a card slot next to the door, and jumped towards while sliding down the card. A green light switched on and a beep was sounded signalling that the pass was granted.

The door opened revealing Misty in her prison cell. She was still unconscious as she laid there. Totodile walked to the bars and croaked quietly, loud enough to wake her up. She woke up, slowly opening up her eyes seeing Totodile as the first pokemon after being captured.

“Totodile?” she murmured sleepily.

The little blue crocodile skipped happily carelessly from left to right, happy to see his friend and importantly help her escape. He looked around the room for the security camera and spotted it in a top corner of the room. It was quite high but Totodile was able to reach it as he leapt a great height and grabbed the camera.

“Totodile,” Misty whispered. “I see a wire there. See if you can disconnect it.”

Totodile also spotted the wire and carefully tried to disconnect it. Suddenly, the camera broke from the ceiling and crashed to the floor, much to Totodile’s and Misty’s shock. “Hey! What’s going on in there?” yelled a man’s voice.

“That’s torn it,” Misty said. “Totodile, get yourself out of here.”

“Toto!” the little blue crocodile croaked disapprovingly as he didn’t want to leave his friend, his trainer’s love, behind.

“Totodile, don’t worry about me!” Misty cried back. “Team Ocean may have caught me but they won’t hurt me because they need me! Now get going! Ash will understand!”

Totodile was still hesitant to leave but soon heard some loud footsteps and saw some of the Team Ocean agents charging towards them. He quickly turned towards Misty and saw an assuring and determined look in her eyes. He, too, became determined as he began running towards the grunts.

The grunts did their best to catch but because of his small size and speed, he managed to run underneath all of them. Despite getting pass all of them, the grunts still gave chase. He ran back into the corridors he previously walked passed. As he ran to another corner, getting the grunts to lose sight of him, he found the ventilator hatch he broke down, he quickly picked it up and placed it back while getting inside to make his escape. The grunts ran around the same corner but found the blue crocodile no longer there and decided to search the entire base.

Back at Ash’s location, they blue Ferrari was making its way back. The submarine raised to the surface of the sea and its hatched opened, allowing the car to enter it. Once the vehicle entered, the hatch of the submarine closed and went back into the sea.

Soon, Black Jack’s bike came into the scene, with Black Jack and Wes riding the vehicle. After Black jack stopped the vehicle, Wes got out of the sidecar and Rui ran and gave him a huge hug. “Oh, Wes,” she cried. “I’m glad you’re okay!”

“Yeah, but you don’t have to choke me to prove it,” Wes replied, feeling the air being squeezed out of him.

“So, what’s the scoop?” Stevens asked, who had his bird pokemon on his shoulders.

“Well, we got a bit of bad news,” Wes said after Rui released him. “Unfortunately there was no Team Ocean leader and apparently, they have joined forces.”

“I wouldn’t consider that bad news,” Black Jack said with a smirk.

“Do you have any good news?” Ash asked.

Before anyone could answer, they heard a small splash and saw Totodile walking slowly towards them with his head hung low in shame. Ash had a feeling of fear that Misty might’ve gotten hurt during the rescue mission.

When slowly reached up to them, Ash kneeled down towards. “Misty, is she...?” he said worriedly.

“(I couldn’t get her out, Ash),” Totodile croaked apologetically. “(I’m sorry. She said to not worry because they won’t hurt her).”

Ash looked down on the floor, rather speechless of the news Totodile just delivered. Pikachu leapt off his shoulder and looked up to him and tried comforting him. Ash’s fists with anger and emotion, physically threatening to lash out at anyone at any moment. Everyone moved away from apart from his pokemon and Black Jack, who stepped towards his rival. “As we were saying,” Black Jack continued. “We got some good news... the leaders of both teams are going to meet up at that tavern tonight at nine.”

Ash’s fists stopped shaking as he calmed himself down. He placed his hand on Totodile’s head, much to his surprise. “It’s okay, Totodile,” he murmured while putting on a forced smile. “You tried.”

Totodile and Pikachu towards their trainer and friend and hugged him in return, thanking him for his forgiveness while he hugged him back.

“[I sensed something burning inside you just now, Ketchum],” Black Jack thought to himself while showing a smirk. “[Tonight, we can pour some gasoline on it].”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Nice chapter BP! Good length and description. KIU!

BTW, sorry for not reviewing for like three or four months. Hehe, not sure what happened to me =/

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
“[I sensed something burning inside you just now, Ketchum],” Black Jack thought to himself while showing a smirk. “[Tonight, we can pour some gasoline on it].”

Those lines that he was thinking there were just great, very powerful. A great note on which to end a chapter.

Another thing I especially liked was the Totodile scenes. Even though he didn't succeed in rescuing Misty, he still tried his best and it was cool to see the little guy out on his own like that. I always love it when the focus shifts to a Pokémon. ^^