• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon in 20 years

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
What do you think games, the tv show, and anything else about pokemon will look like in 20 years? Imagine a worldwide system of pokemon holograms so you can go out and catch holograms of pokemon that you can touch and feel and that have real emotion. If they attack you though, nothing happens. What do you think pokemon will be like?

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
You know, i had the same kind of thought too! (Except my crazy thought was that they would drop pokemon from the sky all over the world. Weird i know XP )
Im not sure if it would go to that extreme, but if would be cool to see how advanced pokemon games would be. :) Maybe they would have some sort of virtual reality kind of game, where you would put on a helmet of some sort and what you would see would be a game of pokemon you can interact with.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
Maybe they will finally be in 3D.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
4-D pokemon would be epic. Being able to interact with them would be even more epic! Let's hope technology goes off like crazy in the future.

jmdavid12

Challenge Accepted
Possibly a lot cooler moves than right now. But I agree with the virtual reality thing. And if it doesn't happen in 20 years, then it will happen in 25-40 years.

AZX612

On my own here we go
The whole Hologram thing would be amazing, although virtual reality would be good enough for me.

But if tech doesnt advance that much in the next 20 years, I think there would at least be more player interaction, or a new Nintendo Gaming Console with decent 3D HD Graphics and some sort of play style that would make you almost be the trainer. Like a super advanced version of Kinect or something. You get to run, throw pokeballs, and even talk! Somewhat... Like, saying Interact would be the equivilent to pressing the A Button. And Bike, or Map, etc to use Registered Key Items. You get the idea.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I predict that there will be over 1,000 Pokemon, and Smogon will create a dozen tiers.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
My guess is that it'll be getting a horrible live action movie, attempting to reconnect with that year's young generation. But in reality, it's only rating will be from those of us who remember it from our childhood and were brave enough to go see it.

[Alvan and the Chipmonks]
[Smurfs]
[etc.]

ChikoritaCheezits

The professor will be Ash because he will have actually aged and has the name of a tree. And we all know that Ash growing older is even more ground breaking than holograms or 4D... Right?

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
IN MY NIGHTMARES.

Honestly, I love Pokemon, and I'd hate to see it end, but I'd also hate to see it stretch on like that. Think about it. Two decades later, and Ash is still repeating the same cycle of traveling through a region, losing at the league, losing all the experience he built up and going to another league, with new traveling companions, rinse, repeat. I'd much rather have a glorious end to Pokemon (and maybe a reboot), rather than having it just stretch on and become boring.

The games are going to have to get a lot more inventive, because frankly, the current formula that's been around since the start is a good one, but it's really, really getting old. I can't see myself buying a Pokemon game 20 years from now that's essentially the same as Pokemon Red, except for expansions (more Pokemon, bigger regions, etc). Heck, I debated whether or not to get Pokemon Black, I only ended up buying it because it expanded upon some things that haven't gotten a lot of attention in past games.

If they attack you though, nothing happens.

PARADOX ALERT

DjGrizzly

I'm Thuggin'
I enjoy the Hologram and Virtual thing, but Virtual is real, just in bad game (XP). But Technolgy advancing so quickly is a bit skeptical, I mean 20 years ago, we were suppose to have flying cars today. But It's always a hopeful part. I personal think it will stay relatively the same, with the gradual(sp.?) improvements that's always been going on

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
It can only go so far until the franchise ruins itself. Too much of a good thing never ends out well.

TheAceGlaceon

Statu variabilis
It just need to stay the same. After 20 years, I don't need a Hologram Pokémon, I'm not a hardcore Pokémon fan. :p

all i know is, i will be playing it with my kids, no matter how crappyits gonna get, i kinda felt like pokemon was losing its touch with some of the Unova ones