1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon in Australia

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Willow's Tara, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thingamajig

Thingamajig Well-Known Member

Despite what some sources (like Bulbapedia) say, the sagas don't correlate to the seasons. The US DVDs for seasons 1-3 and 5-6 are sorted by saga. Whereas the Australian DVDs use the official season blockings (as seen on the Pokemon Website). That'll show you which episodes are on which DVD set.

2. popmanw

popmanw New Member

Thanks

Thanks guys for the info about the S3 and S4 Assuie Box Sets.

So I have U.S Box Set of Series 1 (Indigo Saga, 79eps)
    I have U.S. Box Set of Series 2 (Orange Saga, 36eps)
    Ordered AUS Box Set of Series 3 (Orange eps + johto journeys)
    Ordered AUS Box Set of Series 4 (Johto Champions)

So all I will get is a few repeated episodes. Either that or I sell my U.S ones and build the collection from the Aussie sets.

Thanks once again!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  3. UberSorcerer

UberSorcerer Well-Known Member

Just buy the aussie ones, we'll probably be upto date with the new digipacks before the US gets Advanced.

4. DarkVoid Darkrai

DarkVoid Darkrai Darkrai trainer

cn

i wacthed pokemon on cartoon network every morning until it mysteriouly stopped. i want galactic battles!

5. Spacialrend

Spacialrend Gallade owns

I used to watch it every morning before school on Cheez TV since the beginning, until the end of Battle Dimension on Toasted TV. How come we don't get the first series on Boomerang like America does? Like, we have the worst possible programs on currently, and it sickens me...

6. Cartoon Network has Pokemon movies airing this week but still no plans for a new series... Not looking good for Australia. I'm sure at least Cartoon Network will eventually pick up the series when they can, maybe they have to wait for it to finish in the US.

7. The Power of Pika

The Power of Pika Way Past Cool!!

The US has already finished airing season 12 though and have already started season 13.
    Other countries are airing season 12 so maybe there's a waiting list and we're at the bottom.=/

I don't know how this sort of thing works though.

I wonder if the delay could also be due to it being HD or something. I don't know if that would effect things or not.

I'm just thankful we have movie 12 on DVD. America is still waiting on their DVd which has no release date.

However I would love to see season 12 here shown in some form.
    I'd love to get DVD's of that season. Hopefully we're not waiting too much longer.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  8. UberSorcerer

Hi, I am compiling a list of DVD releases in Australia for Pokemon, and was wondering if someone could help me with Pokemon Chronicles.

I am aware roughly 5 episodes are missing from the Super Wallets, it was 25 episodes long and went from S1 to 6, with 1 having 2 discs and each disc having 3 eps to a total of 21.

I have 1, 2, 4 and 5's listings.

SW1 Legend of Thunder, Delibird's Dillema/Snorlax Snowman, A Family That Battles Together, Stays Together!, Cerulean Blues
    SW2 We're No Angels, Showdown at the Oak Corral, The Blue Badge of Courage
    SW4 Journey to the Starting Line, Putting the Air Back in Aerodactyl, Luvdisc is a Many Spleendored Thing
    SW5 Those Darn Electabuzz, Search for The Legend Of Meowth and Pokemon (2)

I have been told Advanced Battle and Challenge have no Specials and that Battle Frontier has Mastermind of The Mirage Pokemon, I am just not sure which dub it is.

I have a rough idea of what should be on SW3 and 6's discs

SW3 should have Oaknapped, A Date with Delcatty, Celebi and Joy, Training Daze
    SW6 should have Of Meowth and Pokemon (1), Trouble in Big Town, Big Meowth, Little Dreams (1), Big Meowth, Little Dreams (2), Christmas Night, Kanga Games

Thank you. When I have this Data I shall post the compiled list here.

9. No. 1 Machop Fan

No. 1 Machop Fan Well-Known Member

Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon is in the new English (PUSA) dub.

Oaknapped is in SW2, but otherwise I'd say you're spot-on with the Chronicles episodes.

10. munchlaxboy

munchlaxboy Catching up on XY

You guys in Australia aren't missing much.

Trust me.

11. Deicario

Deicario I believe I can fly.

Something quite funny happened the other day. A few months ago, I accidently washed my Pokewalker and it glitched up, moving really slow, gave 9,999 Watts and would not connect to my DS. I dried it and removed the battery but haven't bought a new battery until yesterday. Once I did, I was able to transfer my data back and it transferred the 9, 999 watts back too!

12. kangle4

kangle4 Swans and Hammers

bit of a bonus there.

13. popmanw

popmanw New Member

Magna DVD Box Sets - Australia

I have been buying the Aussie DVD sets by Magna as opposed to the U.S. sets by Viz Media. As I live in England, we do not get Pokemon box sets. I had the U.S. S1 and S2. The U.S. ones missed seasons 3 and 4. So I got the S3 and 4 set from Magna (Australia) where the episodes differ as they are grouped by showings and not sagas. So, I replaced the entire set with the Aussie set. So far:

• Season 1 - Indigo League Box Set [Link]
    • Season 2 - Orange Islands Box Set [Link]
    • Season 3 - Johto Journeys Box Set [Link]
    • Season 4 - Johto League Champions Box Set [Link]
    • Season 5 - Master Quest Box Set (Pre-ordered) [Link]
    • Season 6 - Advanced Box Set (Pre-ordered) [Link]

Magna released the first 9 seasons in special wallets (now discontinued). As they have been releasing newer box sets, I hope season 7, 8 and 9 are released. That completes the original and advanced era of Pokemon.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  14. They will eventually re-release them, they are swapping the super wallets for the digipak packaging.

15. popmanw

popmanw New Member

Okay. That's promising. Thanks Water Lucario.

16. UberSorcerer

Also, since the sets are released in couples, I suspect a Specials/Chronicles one to come.

17. I own every Pokemon movie, I have 1 to 4 on video then 5 to 12 on DVD. Considering video will eventually be phased out, I've just ordered movies 2 to 4 on DVD however I'm having trouble finding the first movie, should show up on Ebay eventually though.

18. UberSorcerer

I got an email from Magna, yes, next yr after Battle Frontier we will most likely get a specials chronicles digipack, but they mentioned 5 specials, so I guess Pokemon Ranger and the Locus of Light is getting dubbed. (Mirage, 3x PMD, Ranger are the specials)

Anyway, I mentioned I was making a complete listing of our DVDs, here it is

Magna Pacific
    Out Now, Coming Soon or TBA
    Pokemon - Season 1: Indigo League
    Pokemon - Season 2: Adventures on the Orange Islands
    Pokemon - Season 3: The Jhoto Journies
    Pokemon - Season 4: Jhoto League Champions
    Pokemon - Season 5: Master Quest - September 8
    Pokemon - Season 6: Advance - September 8
    Pokemon - Season 7: Advance Battle - TBA
    Pokemon - Season 8: Advance Challenge - TBA
    Pokemon - Season 9: Battle Frontier - TBA
    Pokemon - Pokemon Chronicles and Specials - TBA
    Pokemon - Diamond and Pearl C1
    Pokemon - Diamond and Pearl C2 includes Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Darkness
    Pokemon DP - Battle Dimension C1
    Pokemon DP - Battle Dimension C2
    Pokemon DP - Galactic Battles C1 - TBA
    Pokemon DP - Galactic Battles C2 - TBA
    Pokemon All-Stars Pikachu
    Pokemon All-Stars Togepi
    Pokemon All-Stars Wobbuffet
    Pokemon - Lucario And The Mystery Of Mew
    Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
    Pokemon - The Rise of the Dakrai
    Pokemon - Giratina & The Sky Warrior
    Pokemon - Arceus and the Jewel of Life
    Pokemon - Movie Triple Feature (Lucario and The Mystery of Mew / Pokemon Ranger & Temple of the Sea / Rise of Darkrai)
    Pokemon Movie 4 Pack (Lucario & The Mystery of Mew / Pokemon Ranger & the Temple of the Sea / Rise of Darkrai / Giratina & the Sky Warrior)

Old Release Still Available Likely to be Discontinued
    Pokemon Master's Quest - Box Set 1
    Pokemon Master's Quest 6.1 Address Unown
    Pokemon Master's Quest 6.2 The Tie That Binds
    Pokemon Master's Quest 6.3 - Gotta Catch Ya Later!
    Pokemon Advanced 6.4 - A Ruin With a View
    Pokemon Advanced 6.5 - In the Knicker of Time
    Pokemon Advanced 6.6 - Taming of the Shroomish
    Pokemon Advanced 6.7 - All Things Bright & Beautifly
    Pokemon Advanced 6.8 - Stairway to Devon
    Pokemon Advanced 6.9 - Which Wurmple's Which?
    Pokemon Advanced 6.10/6.11 - A Mudkip Mission/Ready, Willing & Sableye
    Pokemon Advanced 6.12 / 6.13 - Now That's Flower Power!/Jump For Joy!
    Pokemon Advanced Box Set 1
    Pokemon Advanced Battle 8.1/8.2
    Pokemon Advanced Battle 8.3/8.4
    Pokemon Advanced Battle 8.5/8.6
    Pokemon Advanced Battle 8.7/8.8
    Pokemon Advanced Battle 8.9/8.10

Discontinued
    Pokemon Season 1 Super Wallet Includes 2 Discs of Pokemon Chronicles
    Pokemon Season 2 Super Wallet Includes 1 Disc of Pokemon Chronicles
    Pokemon Season 3 Super Wallet Includes 1 Disc of Pokemon Chronicles
    Pokemon Season 4 Super Wallet Includes 1 Disc of Pokemon Chronicles
    Pokemon Season 5 Super Wallet Includes 1 Disc of Pokemon Chronicles
    Pokemon Season 6 Super Wallet Includes 1 Disc of Pokemon Chronicles
    Pokemon Season 7 Advance Challenge Super Wallet
    Pokemon Season 8 Advanced Battle Super Wallet
    Pokemon Season 9 Battle Frontier Super Wallet Includes Mastermind of the Mirage Pokemon

Warner Bros
    Pokemon The First Movie
    Pokemon 2000
    Pokemon 3 - The Movie
    Pokemon - Mewtwo Returns (NTSC)

*The first three movies are quite rare as of 2010 and have been for quite some time. Mewtwo Returns pops up mostly at K-Marts from my experience.

Buena Vista/Disney
    Pokemon 4Ever
    Pokemon Heroes

*These movies mostly turn up at K-Marts and Targets

Siren Visual
    Discontinued
    Best of Pokemon Volume 1
    Best of Pokemon Volume 2

Missing Movies or Episodes

Pokemon Season 1 Super Wallet is missing episodes:

Case of the Canine Caper
    Pokemon Paparazzi
    The Ultimate Test
    The Breeding Center Secret

These are likely missing because they were aired at night on 10 originally when Pokemon was in it's prime to promote Snap. Magna Pacific did plan to release these 4 as a disc by themselves as the 'Missing Kanto Episodes', but instead reissued each season in Digipack form.

THE DIGIPACK THE INDIGO LEAGUE/SEASON 1 CONTAINS ALL 52 EPISODES

Jirachi Wishmaker
    Destiny Deoxys

Both Jirachi Wishmaker and Destiny Deoxys are missing. Jirachi has been released on R2, which is the UK/EU, and Deoxys was released in R1, the US. Destiny Deoxys was a Buena Vista release, seeing as Pokemon 4Ever and Pokemon Heroes were as well, if these two had been released here, Disney/Buena Vista would have handled it.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Team Go Getters Out of the Gate!
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - Beyond Time & Darkness

These will be released in the Chronicles/Specials Digipack.

The Super Wallets are missing Pokemon Chronicles episodes.

Oaknapped!
    Of Meowth and Pokemon (1)

As I do not own Pokemon Advanced Super Wallet, I am unsure which two of the next 5 are missing.

'Trouble in Big Town', 'Big Meowth, Little Dreams (1)', 'Big Meowth, Little Dreams (2)', 'Christmas Night', 'Kanga Games'

Pokemon Chronicles and the specials, Mastermind of the Mirage Pokemon, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Team Go Getters Out of the Gate!, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darnkess, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Beyond Time and Darkness and a fifth, currently unknown Special, (Pokemon Ranger and the Locus of Light?) will be in a digipack next year.

Special Thanks
    Torn @ gamesitetown
    Bianca Brown @ Customer Service for Magna Pacific

-Erik/UberSorcerer

19. The Power of Pika

The Power of Pika Way Past Cool!!

I'm a bit confused. I have every chronicles released through these super wallets.
    I look at Dogasu's site for episode lists and everything on the list seems to be in the chronicles DVD's I have.

I have oaknapped. See list below. (season 2 wallet. vol 3 chronicles.)
    I'm looking at it right now. My favourite episode aswell because professor oak was funny in this.

As for Of Meowth and pokemon. The mini movies are a bit confusing due to the how 4kids started combining mini movies. I advise looking at the comparisons of the mini movies to see exactly what should be available. Also practically the combined mini movies are kept combined. 2 mini movies combined under Of meowth and Pokemon and 2 mini movies combined under big meowth little dream. They're not in parts.

These are the chronicles episodes that should be available:
    http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/chronicles/chronicles_list.html

Going by my discs:

season 1 wallet vol 1:
    The legend of thunder part 1
    The legend of thunder part 2
    The legend of thunder part 3

season 1 wallet vol 2:
    Pikachu's winter vacation (Delibird's Dilemma!" and "Snorlax Snowman)
    A Family that Battles Together Stays Together
    Cerulean Blues

season 2 wallet vol 3:
    We're no angels
    Showdown at the oak corral
    The blue badge of courage
    Oaknapped

season 3 wallet vol 4:
    A date with delcatty
    Celebi and Joy
    Training daze

season 4 wallet vol 5:
    Journey to the starting line
    Putting the air back in aerodactyl
    Luvdisc is a many splendored thing

season 5 wallet: Vol 6:
    Those darn electabuzz
    The search for the legend
    Of Meowth and Pokemon

season 6 wallet: vol 7
    Trouble in bigtown
    Big Meowth little dream
    Pikachu's winter vacation (Christmas Night" and "Kanga Games)

Though it looks like I'll be keeping an eye on the rerelease of chronicles though if there's 5 specials also included that you mention. Kind of hoping it'd be the other 2 mystery dungeon specials I don't have. It'd be cool if one of them is the ranger one but there's also a possibility that it could be the missing mini movie that came with the American movie 9 but didn't get outside America.

The missing mini movie that isn't in the Australian set was dubbed by TCPI when they were PUSA and is called Pikachu's island adventure.

EDIT: Oh yeah I really like your list. Keep up the good work. It's great to reference to that's for sure.=)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  20. Thingamajig

Thingamajig Well-Known Member

Wow, that's an amazing list. I wonder why Magna only choose to release seasons 6 and 8 in that individual disc format. Or why they continue to produce the triple pack when the 4 pack is RRP'd at the same price.

While I've seen movies 4 and 5 on sale several times, I didn't even think DVDs of the first three movies actually existed - I've got the VHS of The First Movie. And on DVD I've got all the currently available episode sets (seasons 1-4 digipaks, 10 and 11), the movie 4 Pack and the Arceus movie. I wonder of Magna will buy the rights to re-release the first seven movies, because it doesn't look like WB or Miramax are interested in region 4 releases or re-releases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.