• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirben

Boulder Trainer
Remember guys, Pokemon BW: Rival Destinies begins on the 29th.
I just contacted Network Ten (Sydney) to confirm, and unfortunately Pokemon BW: Rival Destinies won't be shown until next year.

Pokemon Season 12 (Diamond and Pearl: Galactic Battles?) will be shown in the 7:00 AM timeslot next, although I couldn't get the exact episode title.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I just contacted Network Ten (Sydney) to confirm, and unfortunately Pokemon BW: Rival Destinies won't be shown until next year.

Pokemon Season 12 (Diamond and Pearl: Galactic Battles?) will be shown in the 7:00 AM timeslot next, although I couldn't get the exact episode title.

Now that's a total disappointment, we will totally fall behind the US now.

Atreyu

Atreyu

Thingamajig

JB Hi-Fi seems to have made a rather large error with their price for the Sinnoh Collection. It's currently listed as $27.99.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-genres/kids-family/pokemon-sinnoh-region-collection/676875

ETA: Well I put an order through for it. I already have seasons 10-13 but if I can actually get my hands on one of these sets for less than $30, well... why not? The order went through without any problems - and if I'm informed that the price will go up, then I'll just cancel it before it ships. It's not out for 3 weeks anyway.

Last edited:

kangle4

JB Hi-Fi seems to have made a rather large error with their price for the Sinnoh Collection. It's currently listed as $27.99.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-genres/kids-family/pokemon-sinnoh-region-collection/676875

ETA: Well I put an order through for it. I already have seasons 10-13 but if I can actually get my hands on one of these sets for less than $30, well... why not? The order went through without any problems - and if I'm informed that the price will go up, then I'll just cancel it before it ships. It's not out for 3 weeks anyway.

You might have got a bargain, they've taken it down now.

Thingamajig

Well, my $28 Sinnoh set arrived today. I've checked my Paypal account, and the right amount's been charged, so I've gotten a massive bargain out of this. I was going to sell it - but I noticed on the back of the box it listed the aspect ratio as being 4:3 and 16:9. Now, I also bought the Black & White box set on Tuesday and realised that the episodes on there are the "American" cut (with Who's that Pokemon included in the middle of the episode, not with half just before the credits), not the "international cut" - so I thought maybe, just maybe, that would be the case with this Sinnoh box set. It is, partly - the widescreen Galactic Battles episodes are still cropped, but the Sinnoh League Victors episodes are in widescreen, and Playing the Performance Encore is the version without dub music.

ETA: Also worth noting - the discs themselves are housed in cardboard sleeves, but were shipped in individual plastic bag-type slips (like the kinds you'd find on vinyl records) inside the sleeves. The plastic slips themselves are pretty flimsy and have one of them has torn after taking the disc out 3 or 4 times - but it means the discs themselves haven't been scratched or gotten any packaging glue stuck on them while in shipping or on retail display. An improvement, I guess, considering the complaints the Johto set got.

Last edited:

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Well, my $28 Sinnoh set arrived today. I've checked my Paypal account, and the right amount's been charged, so I've gotten a massive bargain out of this. I was going to sell it - but I noticed on the back of the box it listed the aspect ratio as being 4:3 and 16:9. Now, I also bought the Black & White box set on Tuesday and realised that the episodes on there are the "American" cut (with Who's that Pokemon included in the middle of the episode, not with half just before the credits), not the "international cut" - so I thought maybe, just maybe, that would be the case with this Sinnoh box set. It is, partly - the widescreen Galactic Battles episodes are still cropped, but the Sinnoh League Victors episodes are in widescreen, and Playing the Performance Encore is the version without dub music.

ETA: Also worth noting - the discs themselves are housed in cardboard sleeves, but were shipped in individual plastic bag-type slips (like the kinds you'd find on vinyl records) inside the sleeves. The plastic slips themselves are pretty flimsy and have one of them has torn after taking the disc out 3 or 4 times - but it means the discs themselves haven't been scratched or gotten any packaging glue stuck on them while in shipping or on retail display. An improvement, I guess, considering the complaints the Johto set got.

You are so lucky getting it for that price. I ended up buying it close to full price. Though since I bought a wiiU at the same time the stpore guy gave me a discount of over $10 AU off.
He was very nice.=3

I haven't had time to check the DVD's. I've been fiddling with the wiiU for the past few days. Those updates are a horror.D=

It's great to hear sinnoh league victors is in widescreen. Pity about Galactic battles though. I really got to take a look at them now.^-^

Atreyu

wilso

it seems that its already been showing on cartoonnetwork at 9pm every saturday sunday

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
New Toasted TV lineup starting December 28th:

Sunday/Monday/Friday

6.00 - GoGoRiki
6.30 - Victorious
7.00 - SpongeBob Squarepants
7.30 - iCarly
8.00 - Redakai
8.30 - Hot Wheels Battle Force 5

Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday

6.00 - GoGoRiki
6.30 - Victorious
7.00 - SpongeBob Squarepants
7.30 - iCarly
8.00 - Redakai
8.30 - Strawberry Shortcake Berry Bitty Adventures

This will be the first time since the switch to Eleven that Pokemon will be absent from the roster.

Atreyu

Thingamajig

Hmm, seems strange that it'd be repeats again now that Rival Destinies has been dubbed and only a couple of days away from having fully aired in the UK. Not to mention the fact that the first half of the season is out on DVD in just over 5 weeks.

Anyway, EzyDVD's got the Kyurem movie up. Thankfully the Blu-ray isn't coming 6 months later this time. Doesn't look like the Meloetta short is included, not that anyone really had their hopes up for it happening on the Australian release - interesting to see if the US DVD of the movie has it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.