1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon in Canada

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Anime-Ash, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobalt_Latios

Cobalt_Latios Well-Known Member

I just found something that could potentially make this entire thread irrelevant.

http://www.teletoon.com/cartoonNetwork/

You know what this means? It means we'll also get up-to-date Pokemon episodes alongside the U.S.

Which means, us getting them after them won't really be an issue, because then we'll actually have access to all the new episodes without worry.

Even if you guys plan on keeping this thread open, that's cool. Just something I thought you guys might want to know about.

In case you didn't bother with the link, it's basically stating that Cartoon Network will be heading up here to Canada this summer.

2. Shneak

Shneak totem lurantis is the hardest boss

Yeah, we knew Cartoon Network was coming, but didn't know when. Good news.

Thing is, we can't guarantee if CNC will have Pokemon. Doesn't YTV have the rights or something?

3. Anime-Ash

Anime-Ash Well-Known Member

In response, to what you guys said, it hasn't been confirmed yet if Pokemon will air on CN Canada. We have to wait for further details on the channel.

YTV Pokemon Schedule
    Pokemon Black and White
    Weekdays at 8:00am

Mon- Archeops in the Modern World
    Tues- A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition
    Wed- Movie Time: Zorua in the Legend of the Pokemon Knight
    Thurs- Reunion Battles in Nimbasa
    Fri- Cilan Vs. Trip, Ash Vs. Georgia
    Pokemon Black and White: Rival Destinies
    Saturday 12:00pm

Saturday 12pm- The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck (NEW)

*Pokemon Black and White's weekday run continues this week, airing Mon-Fri at 8am.
    *1 new episode of Pokemon BW Rival Destinies airs this week, Saturday at 12pm
    New Episode- The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck, Saturday at 12:00pm
    *New episodes are set to air every Saturday

YTV/Anime Highlights
    Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal - *NEW EPISODES* Saturday at 9:00AM on the CW4Kids Toonzai
    *The World Dub Premiere of an all-new episode of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal airs this week on the CW4Kids Toonzai, with the episode, Hunting Down the Hunter, Part 1, Saturday at 9:00AM.
    Dragon Ball Z Kai- 1 full hour of reruns- Saturday morning, starting at 10:00am
    * Dragon Ball Z Kai airs this Saturday on the CW4Kids(Toonzai on the CW4Kids) with 1 full hour of episodes at 10:00am and 10:30am. Episode 15 airs at 10:00am. Episode 16 airs at 10:30am. It's actually getting quite annoying waiting for new DBZ Kai episodes on Toonzai, they keep rerunning the same episodes...
    *An Ocean dub of Dragon Ball Z Kai has also been confirmed. It will most likely air on YTV.
    FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Airs on SuperChannel
    *The anime series, FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, airs on SuperChannel( I don't know how many people actually have that channel) Monday at 10:00pm. Repeats of the episode air late Monday night/early Tuesday morning at 1:00am, and late Saturday night/early Sunday morning at 2:30am.
    * Tai Chi Chasers airs every Saturday morning at 11:00am on the CW4Kids.
    Monsuno- New Episodes- Saturday at 1:30pm on YTV
    *Monsuno, a new anime series, premieres on YTV, this Saturday at 1:30pm, with episode 2. New episodes are set to air every Saturday at 1:30pm.
    Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's on YTV, Saturday at 1pm
    *2 episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's airs on YTV every Friday at 7:00am and every Saturday at 1:00pm.
    Beyblade Metal Masters World English Dub Episode Premieres, Saturday 11:30AM
    *The World English Dub Premiere of an all-new episode of Beyblade Metal Masters premieres on YTV with the episode, The Dragon Emperor Returns, Saturday at 11:30am. Beyblade Metal Fusions reruns air Mon-Fri at 7:30am.
    Yu-Gi-Oh: Dawn of the Duel - 2 episodes- Saturday 9:30AM and 11:30AM
    * The final season of Yu-Gi-Oh, Yu-Gi-Oh: Dawn of the Duel airs this Saturday with 2 episodes at 9:30am and 11:30am on the CW4Kids Toonzai.
    *Bakugan reruns air weekdays at 6:30am.
    *Sonic X airs on the CW4Kids, Saturdays from 8:00am-9:00am.

AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF POKEMON BW:RIVAL DESTINIES PREMIERES SATURDAY AT 12PM

4. Anime-Ash

YTV Pokemon Schedule
    Pokemon Black and White

Mon- The Club Battle Hearts of Fury: Emolga Versus Sawk
    Tues- The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome
    Wed- Meowth's Scrafty Tactics
    Thurs- Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky?
    Fri- Beheeyem, Duosion, and the Dream Thief

Saturday 12pm- Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita (NEW)

*Pokemon Black and White's weekday run continues this week, airing Mon-Fri at 8am.
    *1 new episode of Pokemon BW Rival Destinies airs this week, Saturday at 12pm
    New Episode- Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita, Saturday at 12:00pm
    *There's a rumor that Pokemon Battle Frontier will be airing on the CW4Kids Toonzai starting Saturday June 2, with 2 episodes airing from 8:00am-9:00am. It hasn't been confirmed yet

YTV/Anime Highlights
    Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal - *SEASON FINALE* Saturday at 9:00AM on the CW4Kids Toonzai
    *The World Dub Premiere of the season finake of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal airs this week on the CW4Kids Toonzai, with the episode, Hunting Down the Hunter, Part 2, Saturday at 9:00AM.
    * Dragon Ball Z Kai airs this Saturday on the CW4Kids(Toonzai on the CW4Kids) with 1 full hour of episodes at 10:00am and 10:30am. Episode 15 airs at 10:00am. Episode 16 airs at 10:30am. It's actually getting quite annoying waiting for new DBZ Kai episodes on Toonzai, they keep rerunning the same episodes...
    *An Ocean dub of Dragon Ball Z Kai has also been confirmed. It will most likely air on YTV.
    *The anime series, FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, airs on SuperChannel( I don't know how many people actually have that channel) Monday at 10:00pm. Repeats of the episode air late Monday night/early Tuesday morning at 1:00am, and late Saturday night/early Sunday morning at 2:30am.
    *Monsuno, a new anime series, premieres on YTV, this Saturday at 1:30pm, with episode 3. New episodes are set to air every Saturday at 1:30pm.
    *2 episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's airs on YTV every Friday at 7:00am and every Saturday at 1:00pm.
    *The World English Dub Premiere of an all-new episode of Beyblade Metal Masters premieres on YTV with the episode, Spirit's Last Battle, Saturday at 11:30am. Beyblade Metal Fusions reruns air Mon-Fri at 7:30am.
    * The final season of Yu-Gi-Oh, Yu-Gi-Oh: Dawn of the Duel airs this Saturday with 2 episodes at 9:30am and 11:30am on the CW4Kids Toonzai.

5. Cobalt_Latios

Holy crap!

I just did a check on something... we're only 6 episodes behind the U.S. at this rate. Wow. I honestly didn't think that would happen.

6. Anime-Ash

I know, I'm waiting for YTV to air a marathon so we'll get even closer to CN. Eventually, we'll have same day premieres.

YTV Pokemon Schedule
    Pokemon Black and White

Mon- Beartic Mountain Feud
    Tues- Crisis From the Underground Up (NEW)
    Wed- Battle for the Underground

Thurs- Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader
    Fri- Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym

Saturday 12pm- The Lonely Deino (NEW)

*Pokemon Black and White's weekday run ends it run this week, airing Mon-Wed at 8am.
    *Since Crisis From the Underground Up was skipped during the initial Saturday run of BW, the airing on Tuesday morning will be the premiere of this episode on YTV, which labels it as a new episode.
    *A weekday run of Pokemon BW Rival Destinies begins airing on Thursday at 8am.
    *2 new episodes of Pokemon airing this week, a BW episode airing Tuesday at 8:00am and a BW Rival Destinies episode airing Saturday at 12pm.
    *New Episode- Black and White- Crisis From the Underground Up, Tuesday at 8:00am (skipped during the Saturday premiere run of BW)
    *New Episode- BW Rival Destinies- The Lonely Denio, Saturday at 12:00pm
    *There's a rumor that Pokemon Battle Frontier will be airing on the CW4Kids Toonzai starting Saturday June 2, with 2 episodes airing from 8:00am-9:00am. It hasn't been confirmed yet

YTV/Anime Highlights
    Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal - Saturday at 9:00AM on the CW4Kids Toonzai
    *Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal airs this week on the CW4Kids Toonzai, with episode 1, Saturday at 9:00AM.
    * Dragon Ball Z Kai airs this Saturday on the CW4Kids(Toonzai on the CW4Kids) with 1 full hour of episodes at 10:00am and 10:30am. Episode 17 airs at 10:00am. Episode 18 airs at 10:30am. It's actually getting quite annoying waiting for new DBZ Kai episodes on Toonzai, they keep rerunning the same episodes...
    *Monsuno, a new anime series, airs on YTV, Saturday at 1:30pm, with episode 4. New episodes are set to air every Saturday at 1:30pm.
    *The World English Dub Premiere of an all-new episode of Beyblade Metal Masters premieres on YTV with the episode, Showdown! Gingka vs. Damian, Saturday at 11:30am. Beyblade Metal Fusions reruns air Mon-Fri at 7:30am.

AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF POKEMON BW:RIVAL DESTINIES PREMIERES SATURDAY AT 12PM, AND A NEW EPISODE OF POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE AIRS TUESDAY AT 8AM

7. Cobalt_Latios

That'll be freaking surreal. Especially after what I've been doing for the last 6 years.

8. I'm already watching the up-to-date episodes.

9. Shneak

Yeah, but not on tv.

So I think next weekend CW4Kids is beginning to air Battle Frontier, as weird as that is (remember when they had dub rights?) Also, YTV is tossing Kung Fu Panda for the Legend of Korra in two weeks. Awesome.

10. Anime-Ash

I knowww, but it`s amazing to see how far YTV has gotten with Pokemon.

YTV Pokemon Schedule

Mon- Lost at the Stamp Rally
    Tues- Ash Versus the Champion
    Wed- A Maractus Musical
    Thurs- The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck
    Fri- Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita

Saturday 12pm- The Mighty Accelguard to the Rescue (NEW)

*The weekday run of Pokemon BW Rival Destinies continues airing Mon-Fri at 8am.
    *1 new episode of Pokemon BW Rival Destinies, airing Saturday at 12pm.
    *New Episode- The Mighty Accelguard to the Rescue, Saturday at 12:00pm

YTV/Anime Highlights
    Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal Premieres on YTV this Saturday at 1pm
    *Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal is set to make its YTV premiere this Saturday at 1:00pm with episode 1 of the series. It will be taking over all of 5D`s timeslots on YTV, meaning repeat episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal air Friday at 7:00am.
    *Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal airs this week on the CW4Kids Toonzai, with episode 2, Saturday at 9:00AM.
    * Dragon Ball Z Kai airs this Saturday on the CW4Kids(Toonzai on the CW4Kids) with 1 full hour of episodes at 10:00am and 10:30am. Episode 19 airs at 10:00am. Episode 20 airs at 10:30am. It's actually getting quite annoying waiting for new DBZ Kai episodes on Toonzai, they keep rerunning the same episodes...
    *Monsuno, a new anime series, airs on YTV, Saturday at 1:30pm, with episode 5. New episodes are set to air every Saturday at 1:30pm.
    Final Airing of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D`s on YTV
    * Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's will air for the final time on YTV on Friday at 7:00am with the episode A New Threat Part 2, before being replaced by Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal. Due to this, YTV will not complete the English dub run of 5D`s.
    *The World English Dub Premiere of an all-new episode of Beyblade Metal Masters premieres on YTV with the episode, The Miraculous Spiral Force, Saturday at 11:30am. Beyblade Metal Fusions reruns air Mon-Fri at 7:30am.
    Avatar: The Legend of Korra Premieres Saturday June 9 at 11am on YTV
    *Avatar: The Legend of Korra, the sequel series to Avatar The Last Airbender, is set to make its Canadian premiere on Saturday June 9th at 11:00am on YTV.

11. Shneak

I'm glad Zexal and Korra are going to be on YTV. I've seen all of the Korra episodes so far, but it's good enough to rewatch. On the other hand, I haven't seen anything past episode 4 for Zexal because I couldn't keep up with the 9am slot. I'm glad it's at a better time.

12. Best news ever. :D

For the what of what? :confused:

13. Cobalt_Latios

Same. Saw an advert for it after this one show "Monsuno" (which I think I'll be tuning into, seeing as it's got a cool concept that I rather like), and pretty much got super excited. Considering YTV had ATLA for a while anyways, I did sort of wonder when we'd be getting Korra.

Damn straight!

Not a fan of Kung Fu Panda?

You haven't heard of The Legend of Korra?! Blasphemy!/joking.

Seriously though, I'd recommend going on youtube and checking out some clips, to get yourself familiar with it. It's amazing!

14. Anime-Ash

YTV Pokemon Schedule

Mon- The Lonely Deino
    Pokemon Black and White

Tues- In the Shadow of Zekrom
    Wed- Enter Iris and Axew
    Thurs- A Sandile Gusher of Change
    Fri- The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice

Saturday 12pm- A Call for Brotherly Love (NEW)

*The weekday run of Pokemon BW Rival Destinies ends on Monday at 8am, with another run of BW airing on weekdays starting Tuesday.
    *New Episode- A Call for Brotherly Love, Saturday at 12:00pm

YTV/Anime Highlights
    Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal -YTV Premieres- Every Saturday at 1pm
    *Another episode of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal makes its YTV premiere this Saturday at 1:00pm with episode 2 of the series. Episode 1 of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal re-airs Friday at 7:00am.
    Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal on the CW4Kids- 1 full hour of reruns- Saturday morning, starting at 9:00am
    *Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal airs this Saturday on the CW4Kids Toonzai, with 1 full hour of episodes at 9:00am and 9:30am. Episode 3 airs at 9am. Episode 4 airs at 9:30am.
    * Dragon Ball Z Kai airs this Saturday on the CW4Kids(Toonzai on the CW4Kids) with 1 full hour of episodes at 10:00am and 10:30am. Episode 21 airs at 10:00am. Episode 22 airs at 10:30am. It's actually getting quite annoying waiting for new DBZ Kai episodes on Toonzai, they keep rerunning the same episodes...
    *Monsuno, a new anime series, airs on YTV, Saturday at 1:30pm, with episode 5. New episodes are set to air every Saturday at 1:30pm.
    *The World English Dub Premiere of an all-new episode of Beyblade Metal Masters premieres on YTV with the episode, Charge! Hades City, Saturday at 11:30am. Beyblade Metal Fusions reruns air Mon-Fri at 7:30am.
    Yu-Gi-Oh: Dawn of the Duel - 2 episodes-**NEW TIME**- 1 Full Hour- Saturday 11AM and 11:30AM
    * The final season of Yu-Gi-Oh, Yu-Gi-Oh: Dawn of the Duel airs this Saturday with 2 episodes at 11:00am and 11:30am on the CW4Kids Toonzai.
    Avatar: The Legend of Korra Premieres Saturday at 11am on YTV
    *Avatar: The Legend of Korra, the sequel series to Avatar The Last Airbender, is set to make its Canadian premiere this Saturday at 11:00am on YTV. Repeat episodes will air Fridays at 4:25pm following the Saturday premiere.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  15. Anime-Ash

Ooops, completely forgot to update with the weekly airings.

YTV Pokemon Schedule
    Pokemon Black and White

Mon-Triple Leaders, Team Threats
    Tues- Dreams by the Yard Full
    Wed- Snivy Plays Hard to Catch
    Thurs- Saving Darmanitan From the Bell
    Fri- The Bloom is On Axew

Saturday 12pm- Stopping the Rage of Legends Part 1 (NEW)

*The weekday run of Pokemon BW continues, airing Mon-Fri at 8am.
    *New Episode- Stopping the Rage of Legends Part 1, Saturday at 12:00pm

YTV/Anime Highlights
    *Another episode of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal makes its YTV premiere this Saturday at 1:00pm with episode 3 of the series. Episode 2 of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal re-airs Friday at 7:00am.
    Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal on the CW4Kids- 1 full hour of reruns- Saturday morning, starting at 9:00am
    *Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal airs this Saturday on the CW4Kids Toonzai, with 1 full hour of episodes at 9:00am and 9:30am. Episode 5 airs at 9am. Episode 6 airs at 9:30am.
    * Dragon Ball Z Kai airs this Saturday on the CW4Kids(Toonzai on the CW4Kids) with 1 full hour of episodes at 10:00am and 10:30am. Episode 23 airs at 10:00am. Episode 24 airs at 10:30am. It's actually getting quite annoying waiting for new DBZ Kai episodes on Toonzai, they keep rerunning the same episodes...
    *Monsuno, a new anime series, airs on YTV, Saturday at 1:30pm, with episode 6. New episodes are set to air every Saturday at 1:30pm.
    *The World English Dub Premiere of an all-new episode of Beyblade Metal Masters premieres on YTV with the episode, The Fallen Emperor, Saturday at 11:30am. Beyblade Metal Fusions reruns air Mon-Fri at 7:30am.
    Yu-Gi-Oh: Dawn of the Duel - 2 episodes-**NEW TIME**- 1 Full Hour- Saturday 11AM and 11:30AM
    * The final season of Yu-Gi-Oh, Yu-Gi-Oh: Dawn of the Duel airs this Saturday with 2 episodes at 11:00am and 11:30am on the CW4Kids Toonzai.
    Avatar: The Legend of Korra -NEW EPISODES- Saturday at 11am on YTV
    *Avatar: The Legend of Korra, the sequel series to Avatar The Last Airbender, airs another new episode with the Canadian premiere of episode 2, this Saturday at 11:00am on YTV. Episode 1 re-airs Friday at 4:25pm in the Zone on YTV.

16. Anime-Ash

YTV Pokemon Schedule
    Pokemon Black and White

Mon-A Rival Battle for Club Champ
    Tues- A Home for Dwebble
    Wed- Here Comes the Trubbish Squad
    Thurs- Mincinno- Neat and Tidy
    Fri- A Night in the Nacrene City Museum

Saturday 12pm- Stopping the Rage of Legends Part 2 (NEW)

*New Episode- Stopping the Rage of Legends Part 2, Saturday at 12:00pm

YTV/Anime Highlights
    *Another episode of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal makes its YTV premiere this Saturday at 1:00pm with episode 4 of the series. Episode 3 of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal re-airs Friday at 7:00am.
    *Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal airs this Saturday on the CW4Kids Toonzai, with 1 full hour of episodes at 9:00am and 9:30am. Episode 7 airs at 9am. Episode 8 airs at 9:30am.
    * Dragon Ball Z Kai airs this Saturday on the CW4Kids(Toonzai on the CW4Kids) with 1 full hour of episodes at 10:00am and 10:30am. Episode 29 airs at 10:00am. Episode 30 airs at 10:30am. It's actually getting quite annoying waiting for new DBZ Kai episodes on Toonzai, they keep rerunning the same episodes...
    *Monsuno, a new anime series, airs on YTV, Saturday at 1:30pm, with episode 7. New episodes are set to air every Saturday at 1:30pm.
    *The World English Dub Premiere of an all-new episode of Beyblade Metal Masters premieres on YTV with the episode, Befall's Trap, Saturday at 11:30am. Beyblade Metal Fusions reruns air Mon-Fri at 7:30am.
    *Avatar: The Legend of Korra, the sequel series to Avatar The Last Airbender, airs another new episode with the Canadian premiere of episode 3, this Saturday at 11:00am on YTV. Episode 2 re-airs Friday at 4:25pm in the Zone on YTV.

17. The reason why we won't see new episodes on Toonzai is because at the time, the CW4Kids' only ordered the first 52 episodes from Toonzai, not the whole series. And after the 4Kids' and FUNimation both got accused of keeping money from TV Tokyo and Nihon Ad Systems from Yu-Gi-Oh! home video releases, FUNimation will most likely not give the CW4Kids' the rest of the episodes, even if 4Kids' actually wanted them.

And can you show me a confirmation source about an Ocean dub for Z Kai? Because just yesterday, I was able to buy Season One and Season Two dvds of Z Kai (FUNimation Dub) at a Canadian Walmart, which would be odd if there was a Canadian dub being made.

18. Anime-Ash

Google it. Or go on imissbionix.com and search it up. There are also some videos of the Ocean VAs talking about the Ocean Dub on youtube. Just look it up.

YTV Pokemon Schedule
    Pokemon Black and White

Mon-The Battle According to Lenora
    Tues- Rematch at the Nacrene Gym
    Wed- Scraggy- Hatched to Be Wild
    Thurs- Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest
    Fri- A Connoisseur's Revenge

*No new episode of Pokemon BW Rival Destinies, due to Canada Day programming on YTV.
    *New episodes are set to resume next week

YTV/Anime Highlights
    *Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal is pre-empted this Saturday at 1pm due to Canada Day programming. Episode 4 of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal re-airs Friday at 7:00am.
    *Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal airs this Saturday on the CW4Kids Toonzai, with 1 full hour of episodes at 9:00am and 9:30am. Episode 9 airs at 9am. Episode 10 airs at 9:30am.
    * Dragon Ball Z Kai airs this Saturday on the CW4Kids(Toonzai on the CW4Kids) with 1 full hour of episodes at 10:00am and 10:30am. Episode 31 airs at 10:00am. Episode 32 airs at 10:30am. It's actually getting quite annoying waiting for new DBZ Kai episodes on Toonzai, they keep rerunning the same episodes...
    *Monsuno, a new anime series, is pre-empted this week due to Canada Day programming on YTV.
    *The World English Dub Premiere of an all-new episode of Beyblade Metal Masters is pre-empted this week due to Canada Day programming. Beyblade Metal Fusions reruns air Mon-Fri at 7:30am.
    *Avatar: The Legend of Korra, the sequel series to Avatar The Last Airbender, is pre-empted this week due to Canada Day programming. Episode 3 re-airs Friday at 4:25pm in the Zone on YTV.

19. Pilpulp

Pilpulp 美的

We got BW late.

20. theboar

theboar Entei is Entei!

Stopping the Rage of Legends two parts are good. Sadly no pokemon episode on Canada Day programming. Should air at lease once.

Btw Happy Canada's Day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.