• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon in game you legit have a close bond with.

Volcaronick

We all have that Pokemon that is like our baby. Don't lie. Who's yours?
Mine is my Delphox. My starter Pokemon on Y which I started almost 3 years ago. He's still with me. I will never trade him for ANYTHING, ever. Same goes for my other Original 6 Members. (Aurorus, Pidgeot, Azumarill, Pangoro, Venusaur.) But Delphox is like, special to me. Whose yours?
Oh and Btw....If you want a Delphox from me, you gotta wait till I breed and get a Fennekin and evolve it :) Cuz your not getting mine!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I have a close bond with my Blastoise from Leaf Green. I've had him since 2004. Currently, I have him on my Alpha Sapphire version. He's been with me for so many years. His nickname is ShellShock!

Ludicoconut

Water&Grass Trainer
My sapphire version Sceptile , Scales. He was lost with the cartridge that I had for a grand total of ten days and would play whenever I went over to my friends house, who has the gameboy advance I would play on.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
Everyone is mentioning their starters, but for me I think it's a Pachirisu from my brother's Diamond game. (And maybe a couple of other Pokemon but this is the first one I thought of) I got so obsessed with it that it got to the point where I got a Pachirisu plushie and pretended it was him. He is currently in my Y version game.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Articuno from my Fire Red version. Never trained it that much after it beat the Kanto league so I've been playing with it every once in a while on Amie now with it in Alpha Sapphire.

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
Definitely my first Pokemon, my Blaziken, from Emerald, and my darling Latias from the same game. They're both in my OR game now. It made me really happy to be able to bring them back to their home region after so many years!

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
It is always the starter pokemon that I use in the games. I think I consider that a close bond when it comes to pokemon in the games.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The closest may have been my team when I played Pokemon Platinum. I even gave them their own characterization; Dusknoir, for instance, was a hammy villain

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
God this is hard. I really miss my Pokemon from my Silver file. They're gone because the battery died. =(

As a right now I really love my Talonflame that I got in AS. I got him through a WT and I used him during my quest of completing the Pokedex. He's level 100 now and I will never get rid of him. I raised him from a level 1 Fletchling and he's Japanese. I wish I could nickname him.

BladeForge

Happy Person
Mine is probably a shiny ;487; I got from the gts... I went to Gamestop for a shiny Gengar holding gengarite, but got a diancie instead. Didn't want it, traded it off for Girantina! Then I went to my friend's house and her 3/4(?) year old sister got Girantina to 4 hearts, in pokemon Amie and kept giving it a bunch of pokepuffs. :)

Also a close second would be Shiny ;384;. Got him from an event!

Last edited:

Utopianopal

Time Crashes
Roserade.......You guys don't even understand q.q So far I've been trying to watch every episode with Roserade In It :V I even have one of the episodes bookmarked.....I need to get a plushie too....I love Roserade so much that I don't even know anymore OwO

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Gosh, I love a lot of my Pokemon.

But, like many of you above, it has to be my Empoleon ;395;, my starter from Pearl. He's been with me since 2007, and he currently is in Y/OR (I switch between the two with Bank). Seeing him in Amie for the first time brought me too much joy. Finally, I could pet my adorable penguin! Sadly, he hasn't been home (Sinnoh) in a long time. (Sinnoh Remakes Gamefreak, pwease?)

Charizard. He's like a brother to me.

I first picked him in Red and I only trained my Charizard. I caught other Pokemon but only trained my Charizard. I still remember he was level 94 before I battled the Elite Four. I don't know how I did it.

My Sceptile from Ruby and Staraptor from Diamond.

I started Ruby with Mudkip originally, got Marshtomp to Lv38 (choosing not to evolve for some strange reason...), but got Pokérus, and, thinking it was a virus - and finding Wattson difficult despite Mud Shot - I decided to soft reset with a Treecko to see how far I could play through in a day before going back to my original file. I may have accidentally saved, and, well, Treecko was here to stay! Got through to the E4, and, with all of my Pokémon much weaker than Sceptile, such as Gyarados, Pelipper, Lairon and Groudon, I decided to face the E4...with only my Sceptile. Had to grind in that Trick House and stumble upon Dragon Claw before I could beat Drake, and from there, Steven was a piece of cake.

As for Diamond, I had started with Turtwig, and accidentally bought too many Poké Balls from the off. Because of this, obviously, I received a Premier Ball too, and caught a Lv2 Starly; fast forward to the E4 and it was easily my ace, even helping me take out my friends' legendary Pokémon when we would battle each other. All this despite my insistence that it must keep Defog (it was the only Mon on my team that could).

My empoleon and torterra from Pearl and Platinum.

In pokemon pearl I chose a piplup as my starter. I got stuck in Jubilife City. To get my Poketch (A watch) I had to talk to 3 People that had this kind of ticket that I needed. I was 6 at that time, and I did/could not yet speak/read english. I had no clue about what to do. I just went back and forth from my hometown to Jubilife. Unknowingly training my Piplup. Then, one day, I decided to talk all the people in the City, and got 3 tickets. I got a poketch and proceeded to the first gym with a level 28 Prinplup. From then on, my starter always helped me win many battles and get through the game. I bonded with this pokemon, because it was so strong, and always was there for me when I needed help. The end.

And torterra because It looks freakin awesome and turtwig is the cutest pokemon ever. (IMO)

I still have these two, transferred to ORAS, and I can't wait to bring them to Sun and Moon. :)

MrHoopa

Hoopa is OP
Scizor. In Pokemon diamond, I traded caught a scythed and traded it between my 2 original ds. I always had him in my team, I genuinely was happy because of scizor. He was so strong. I got him to level 100 and than got sad he couldn't go any higher. I always had him on my team.

Last edited:

fireredxy

Pokémon Master
The Pokémon have the deepest connection with is most definitely my Charizard on my copy of Pokémon FireRed. He was my very 1st Pokémon and he is a beast. I caught all my team members with him, finished a lot of gym leaders and elite 4 members with him, and I legit was able defeat Blue's Blastoise with him at the Pokémon League. I just have a lot of good memories with him. BTW I still have my copy of the game and my Charizard.