• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon in lower tiers that can be used in upper tiers

patthecat11756

I'm still a big fan of Sheer Force Nidoking to be used in the upper tiers. Although lately, the LO + Sheer Force set is easily overpowered. I've been considering a Choice Scarf set with Thunder/Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Earth Power. Thunder has a 12% chance to OHKO 4 HP/ 0 Sp Def neutral natured Keldeo. Thunder has a 60% chance to OHKO Tornadus-T and Fire Blast/Ice Beam obliterates Breloom. He is also a great check to Terrakion's Stone Edge/Close Combat coverage.

Oh and Xatu is my all time favorite poke. I used to run Espeon, but the lack of reliable recovery outside of sun just hurts. I had this battle on PO and he tricked a choice specs onto Xatu from Whimsicott (This was an OU Battle). I proceeded to Night Shade figuring he can't set up any hazards/taunt me so I might as well attack. He sent out Forretress and then used Block which bounced back not letting Forretress leave. I figured yup he comes the volt switch. He then proceeded to set up stealth rock and spikes and I'm KOing him slowly with Night Shade. Let's say that battle didn't end well for him lol

Jinvaani

Scarf Heracross. It still hits like an armored truck in OU, and Megahorn provides a nice STAB alternative to the obvious close combat. Not to mention Guts (Toxic Spikes, Will o Wisp).

TurboMechaElgyem

Yanmega, with proper support, can be quite a threatening sweeper. Not too many things can take a specs-boosted bug buzz or air slash, (except for that blasted heatran) and speed boost considerably sweetens the deal.

I also ran cryogonal in OU for a period. It is shockingly good against hydreigon and can spin away spikes with ease. Not to mention haze and levitate.

WillieNelson

I used Gallade for a spell in OU, and he did very well. High Sp. Def combined with Bulk Up, Drain Punch, and very good coverage + priority with Shadow Sneak is quite the combination.

Swagsire

I constantly use venomoth and volbeat in OU (Baton pass) with great success Qwaa ;195;

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
omastar, nuff said
i love my shell smash set, not to mention omastar is a great swift swim abuser

ParaChomp

be your own guru
As far as double battles go, Shuckle's not bad at all when it comes to supporting its team. Not only can it take a hit but it can use Guard Share and Gastro Acid on its teammate. Still have to watch out for Taunt though.

dragontamer98

Modern Genocide
Charizard is a given with Solar Power in sun lol. Modest+Specs 2hkoes 252HP/252Def Blissey.
I've been running a pretty beast Milotic set for awhile now. EV'd so that after status it hits 330 in both defenses, and I take Light Screen to buff it's SpDef through the roof. After a Light Screen it's 4hkod by Starmie's Thunder.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Charizard is a given with Solar Power in sun lol. Modest+Specs 2hkoes 252HP/252Def Blissey.
With the speed of OU in mind, best to stick to Timid nature. With that in mind, I'll quote myself from another thread.
Charizard and Typhlosion having the exact same base stats annoys me to no end. Unlike the many who have 100 across the board, there isn't much that differentiates the two from one another. Similar can be said about Tornadus and Thundurus in their Incarnate formes though the later's banishment to the Uber tier makes this easier to ignore. Long story short, both of the fire-starters are forces to be reckoned with when not prepared. Aside from possibly adding to Typhlosion's move-pool (Thunderbolt and possibly Shadow Ball, please) as Charizard's is good enough, I would love if their base stats were changed up just a little bit to positively set them aside from other special attacking Fire types. Also, get rid of Solar Power's side-effect, everything that has it is awful or is crippled by Stealth Rock (which I have found to be an easy fix with a Rapid Spin user and Wobbuffet).
With Solar Power, Charizard is a beast on sun teams if played properly however its stats could be distributed better. That said, the classic is still outclassed by other Fire types, Typhlosion included, due to its Flying type granting it more weaknesses than resistances.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
If I was fighting an Arceus (normal) in ubers, I'd say my best legendary pokemon to fight it head on is Jirachi. Being able to take hits and paralyze it in the battle (body slam or Twave), he can just go all out Iron hax his way with him Forcing it to switch or hope for not getting flinched and execute him with earthquake.

I guess Chlorophyll Venusaur makes make nice work for Groudon (non scarfed).
Maybe it is nice to Consider Jolteon with THUNDER on Kyogre with Life orb (kyogre is Specs, not scarfed that is)

Prankster Cottonee w/ eviolite. Completely unpredictable in OU and has priority status and can take a few hits

carrot rust

Consumed by Trust
Eat your heart out stall

Dumah (Gothitelle) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Taunt
- Torment

The monster I built the team to test. The true god of underused, it's able to destroy stall teams with very little support. originally I ran rotom-w+ scizor to force ferrothorn and skarmory to come in on their stab attacks and meet shadow tag. The speed is a holdover from my uu set where it outspeeds bulky calm mind suicne. It works great but conflicts with choice band terrakion, so I'll probably remove it sometime. The idea is to force bulky pokes with one attacking move (ferrothorn,skarmory) to be forced into struggle. Also gives my team a guaranteed KO on scarf terrakion, which is always nice. Psyshock means they only have to struggle 3 times, and hits terrakion/jellicent harder.
Edit- changed spdef to def since no one uses suicune in OU...

I'd say regirock is underrated. He can be an amazing wall with 400+ defenses (assuming sandstorm is up). He also can be a good bulky attacker with curse and drain punch can provide a bit of recovery (which is one of the few things he lacks IMO).

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
Amoonguss, Amoonguss, Amoonguss. It is ridiculously irritating to fight. I guess it is outclassed by Breloom in OU but oh, well. I like Amoonguss more.