• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon in lower tiers that can be used in upper tiers

AnakBaé

Prankster Sableye. Priority Will-o-wisp makes him one of the best checks for physical attackers in OU.
And also scarf Primeape in Uber, mainly to handle Darkrai.

McDanger

Heracross handles darkrai better :p

Nidoqueen and golurk have a good niche at countering terrakion, slowbro and amoongus are 2 fantastic walls. Zapos is a good rain counter/bulk sweeper and darmatian/victini are good sun sweepers

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Heracross handles darkrai better :p

Nidoqueen and golurk have a good niche at countering terrakion, slowbro and amoongus are 2 fantastic walls. Zapos is a good rain counter/bulk sweeper and darmatian/victini are good sun sweepers

Life Orb Sheer Force Adamant max Attack Darmanitan's Flare Blitz OHKO's Skarmory in the sun after SR damage. THAT is power.

Zachmac

Life Orb Sheer Force Adamant max Attack Darmanitan's Flare Blitz OHKO's Skarmory in the sun after SR damage. THAT is power.
Skarmory is a biased example, since it's fire weak. Gliscor, on the other hand, isn't.
252Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan (+Atk) Flare Blitz in Sun vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Gliscor (+Def): 100% - 118% (354 - 418 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
And most Gliscors don't even run that much defense.

Though, I prefer my Darmanitan scarfed, so it can outspeed more threats. Especially in this offense heavy metagame.
And also scarf Primeape in Uber, mainly to handle Darkrai.
Not really. I'll bet it couldn't do anything in Ubers except swap in on Darkrai's Dark Void.
Amoonguss, Amoonguss, Amoonguss. It is ridiculously irritating to fight. I guess it is outclassed by Breloom in OU but oh, well. I like Amoonguss more.
Nope. Both being grass types isn't enough to compare them, even with spore.

Amoongus has much better defenses, along with regenerator, making it much more defensive threat then Breloom is. Breloom, on the other hand, is a good SubPuncher and priority sweeper, making it much more offensively inclined.

AnakBaé

Though, I prefer my Darmanitan scarfed, so it can outspeed more threats. Especially in this offense heavy metagame.Not really. I'll bet it couldn't do anything in Ubers except swap in on Darkrai's Dark Void.Nope. Both being grass types isn't enough to compare them, even with spore.
Well maybe for you, but for me it worked rather well enough. I used it as a lead just to spam U-turn or just to CC away since Darkrai will most likely not staying to take a u-turn or a CC to the face. mainly just to maintain the momentum.

EonDragonFTW

Gallade Aggron Crawdaunt Swampert Sceptile and Togekiss are all beats to use in ou

Zachmac

lol i would never even CONSIDER any of those except togekiss. or maybe gallade.
Aggron might be a half decent trick room or rock polish sweeper with Head Smash and Rock Head.

Crawdant can use dragon dances and serve as a glass cannon. Outclassed by Gyarados in most regards, but it still hits harder, so it could work.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I had some pretty good success with a support Armaldo, bulk up gallade, and a choice scarf rotom mow in ou before. Cradily also seems to be a pretty solid rain check and can probably do some damage to sand. I'm sure there's others but my minds drawing a blank

Eaglehawk

Banned
Gallade Aggron Crawdaunt Swampert Sceptile and Togekiss are all beats to use in ou

Crawdaunt is extremely niche. It really doesn't have anything that makes is really special in OU. Maybe DD + Adaptability Waterfall, but that's it.

I kind of agree with Aggron. Under sand, neutral and resisted Special Attacks get soaked up when he's under sand. Furthermore, he has a Steel typing that resists a good number of types. However, in a metagame infested with Ground and Fighting moves (both STAB and coverage), he'll have to set up carefully.

Swampert's still a good tank this metagame. He's a really nice niche check against Physical attackers and can set up Rocks. Quag kinda one-ups him with Unaware, but better bulk overall gives him a slight advantage over Quag. Furthermore, this metagame isn't really set-up dominated as before and really just uses Rocks + LO/Scarf/Specs sweeper over boosters. A metagame like this works against Quagsire.

Sceptile is okay. Not good, not bad. He has amazing speed that can easily outspeed the fastest relevant (unboosted) threat in the metagame right now, Starmie. His Specs set can easily sweep or pack huge damage if caught unaware. However, its defenses are pretty much wet sack and can't switch in very well at all.

Togekiss is a poor-man's Jirachi. Period.