• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon in Public

'Which of the following is not a Pokemon?' (I know there's more detail than this)

A) Charmander
B) Pikachu
C) Frodo
D) Squirtle

Yeah...isn't the answer obvious?

I could've sworn that a Digimon was included in this answer. Biyomon or Palmon iirc. Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with something else.

FierNaught

gl mang
i was playing the board game taboo with some buddies a long time ago, and the word was pokemon, and my partner said, the game we used to play when we were in middle school, eventually i guessed it was pokemon, and i said that i still played, no one knew.. haha

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I remember when South Park made fun of it a while ago, that episode was funny. I've also seen a few pokemon references on Robot Chicken and The Simpson's. I'm quite sure there's others I can remember right now.

Profesco

gone gently
Not too long ago, Jon Stewart likened religious wars to Pokemon.

Profesco

gone gently
Not too long ago, Jon Stewart likened religious wars to Pokemon.

Lord Scalgon

What title?
I could've sworn that a Digimon was included in this answer. Biyomon or Palmon iirc. Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with something else.

It's something else.

Also, about what I said, let me take back that I mentioned it was in 2001. In fact, it was 1999. Link to the source.

LOTR Mention on 'Millionare'

11/18/99, 8:44 pm EST - Xoanon

[img139]http://img-www.theonering.net/images/Mil.gif[/img139]​

Tonight on "Who wants to be a Millionaire", the 500,000 dollar question asked which of these characters is not associated with pokemon. And one of the choices was Frodo. It ended up that the guy didn't know and left with 250,000. To make it even worse, Regis said that, You may remember frodo from The Hobbit. No, Regis it was the "Lord of the Rings". It just goes to show you how much attention Tolkein is getting these days. Just wanted to let you know.

These were the choices:

A- Jigglypuff
B- Frodo
C- Squirtle
D- Pikachu

Thanks to Michael, Aelfwine and the rest of you! for the tip!

No. 1 Machop Fan

I think I hear the name Nidorino in The Macarena. o_O (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Also, Pokémon was also mentioned as the $1,000 question some time ago on Millionaire Hot Seat (A 30-minute version of Who wants to be a Millionaire), but I don't remember the details.

pokemonmon

Dark_Wizard
if you wanna be technicaly pokemon commercials are media XD. well i remember when pokemon first came out it was mentioned in the news several times. also there was a pikachu float at the thanksgiving parade. ALSO rick astely rick rolled a parade in person and i think one of the floats there was liek a squirtle or something lol

Murton

Once you were lost.
'Which of the following is not a Pokemon?' (I know there's more detail than this)

A) Charmander
B) Pikachu
C) Frodo
D) Squirtle

Yeah...isn't the answer obvious?

Obviously, this is Squirtle.

At the same time, threads like these tend to be hilarious. Like this one, for example.

I've never seen that topic. This so made my day.

Anyway, once with a Monopoly-like game, but with trivia questions. Does that count?

[Edit] Level up!

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
Obviously, this is Squirtle.

IT'S PIKACHU!

*Cough*

Ye, there was a pokemon reference in fillmore. If I remember correctly:

Trainer: Good job! You're as sturdy as a Geodude who uses harden! Nothing can break it!
*Somebody in a rubber wheel passes*
Trainer: See?
*Another person knocks them away*

Firebrand

Indomitable
I've only seen a pikachu float. No real other references.

trade_me_for_a_celebi

Training to beat Red
Never seen any reference to Pokemon, would make me laugh if I did though

denizenofevil

On an episode of George Lopez, George wanted to stuff Bennie (his mom) into a Pikachu costume, drive her to Mexico and leave her there with a sign saying, "Beat me! I have candy inside!"

lol... I loved that episode.

Lucario625

Host of Jeopardy: In pokemon, what is the name of the yellow mouse?
Me: pikachu PIKACHU AHHHHHHHH PIKACHU! Somebody buzz in and say PIKACHU!!!

-I flipped out....

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
In Australia i'm sitting on the lounge and watching the chinese dominate in beijing and when the news comes on, THEY WERE HOLDING A FESTIVAL IN A STADIUM WITH LITTLE KIDS PLAYING ALL DIFFERENT GAMES.

That was the only way to shut me up.

Anyone remember Pokepark? Niceplace. It's Closed ;)

junpearl63

their rooms
I remembered once, I wear a T-shirt with a Pokemon on it and took the bus. Two kids then pointed asked me "Are they Pokemon? Pssshhh! I beat all of them! I had a Lv200 Pikachu!"
Kids will always be kids.....