• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon in Public

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
i saw it on a tv guide trivia thing. I think it was 'which anime involves a character named pikachu' it was multiple choice between yu gi oh, pokemon, and naruto. some dude got it right

razor fire

Saw something about it on Simpsons...

Lady Umbreon

"Cash Cab" has had two questions where the answer was "Pokemon". One was a generic "What show features Pikachu?"-type question, while the other was about how the card game was banned in Saudi Arabia for allegedly promoting Zionism.

Here's one I spotted in the original "Bring It On": in the scene where Torrance and Cliff are brushing their teeth there's a small toy Charmander on the sink shelf.

Last edited:

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
in this movie, forgot the name, this mailman babysit a kid and they got a police dog or whatever. anyway the kid mentions charizard being a pokemon dragon

GreenDay4ever

bye!, i had a blast
I think there are Squirtle and Charmander dolls In Malcolm's room in "Malcolm In the middle"

sorry if it was already mentioned...

lansbury9

I remember on the Weakest Link a question referencing Oreburgh: In Oreburgh City what type of fossil-fuel is harvested? Coal. Another one: on a CBBC comedy show Stitch Up, there was a man giving out Pikachu stickers. "Does anyone want a Pikachu?♪" Then he said... "Okay, do you want a large or small?" Why large? It was hilarious.

Mawile412

Problem
I read a book (Tricks by Ellen Hopkins) and this guy worked at Gamestop and so they mentioned 'Pokemon Purple' haha :D it made me happy

Thor's Beard

There was once a question on University Challenge referencing Pokemon. It was something like Pikachu and Charmander are examples of what. Needless to say, it was one of the easier questions asked on that episode.

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
My class watched a commentary about foreign products sold around the world.Pokemon merchandises,games,and movies were over used in it.My whole class mocked pokemon.I just kept quiet

Deadly.Braviary

My friends are Pokemon lovers. In fact, we've got a Pokemon tournament going on right now. We have our own way of playing Pokemon, we've invented a 'handgame'...it's too tough to explain without visual aid. Next week I'm inaugurating my own school Pokemon league (infinite Gym leaders, no Elite Four/Champion).

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^
a handgame? id like to kno0w o_O
and pokemon is mocked here :p like virtually everywhere i guess

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I saw it once in Simpsons, and in a book of the world record.

And there are many merchandises and games in the shops.

Manaphione123

Merely A Puppet
Well, there are of course quite a few mentions in the guinness world records books (and especially the gamer edition, heck, there's a whole section devoted to it) such as the infamous "Pikabelle", the creepy woman who's obsessed with Pikachu. Oh, and there is that Pikachurin. I'm sure I heard about that in the news one time.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
The only bit of irl not-pokemon thing involving pokemon I can think of is this. Never saw this show, but this is probably the only awesome thing Norm McDonald has ever done.

pokemonmon

Dark_Wizard
haha i just remembered one now. im surprised that nobody has brought this up. pikachu and squirtle in robot chicken!!! lolololololol

-Flaming Charizard-

And the cat goes moo
I remember in a simpsons comic, Comic book guy's cat had pointed ears, red cheeks, and a lightning - shaped tail. He called it comicachu.

0_o

raganbaby_6

Slavophile and hockey fan
Suprised no one brought up this one- In the film Osmosis Jones, there is a Pikachu germ in one scene.

My cousin pointed that out to me.

Bossk

Like a champ.
Robot Chicken, what it's like in a Pokeball...it's a nightclub with girl pikachus and Pikachu gets high. Then Ash sent him out against Gary who called him ***. Charizard sounded like an Elephant.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
I myself have never seen a Pokemon mentioned in mainstream television before.

Typhlosion_157

Blaze Trainer
The only bit of irl not-pokemon thing involving pokemon I can think of is this. Never saw this show, but this is probably the only awesome thing Norm McDonald has ever done.

Butterfree: I dont want to use whirlwind, I want to...throw a chair!

XD