1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon In REAL LIFE Movie Episode 1

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Jaime, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Jaime

Jaime New Member

What do you guys think of a new series of Pokemon in live action format?

2. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret The Next God

It's probably make a lot of money, but I think Digimon would honestly pull it off better.

Also detective Pikachu is getting a movie next year

3. Draydenheim

Draydenheim Dragon Master

bump

4. octoboy

octoboy I Crush Everything

Not too sure it would be all that worth seeing if the pokémon in it were CGI models little different from the ones in the video game series (which is the case with the linked video). If they looked like that, not rendering people in a similar style would feel more like a corner cut than anything else.

I might be interested in a movie in which the pokémon were made to look photorealistic and blended in with the live action sets/actors, but that seems a bit hard to pull off, especially specific designs (how plausible is it to make jigglypuff or chansey photorealistic yet still cute?). Then again, live action movies based on animated Japanese media (anime, video games, etc.) are so infamously gimmicky and so rarely manage to stand well as actual movies themselves, even managing to make the pokémon look good might not prove worth it. A suitable plot for a movie like this would be hard to find, and there would be little worth filming with no good story to tell.

I guess I've just heard enough from naysayers to begin to believe them, but ehh.