• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon in Reality?! The Horrors that Would be Released!

Furosuto

We all know pokemon as cute little critters that you catch in pokeballs, train them up with the power of friendship, and compete in a big friendly league against rivals right? So in real life, everything would be just dandy, correct?

Ahahahaha, WRONG!

Pokemon in real life. Just how twisted would this world be if something like that happened?

Pokemon that at first seemed harmless would be nightmares for us in battle. Beedrill would be horrible to deal with, onix and gyarados would be nigh invincible, and Fearow would as it's name says, would put fear into the hearts of trainers that come across this monstrous bird.

But that's not all. Do you know what terrorist attacks would be like with pokemon like voltorb and electrode? And picture if organizations like Team Rocket and Team Galactic were around.

That, and i think that legendary pokemon wouldn't be so rare after all. Kyogre is kind of similar to a killer whale, so I can see it being hard to find, and it's alusiveness makes it a legendary pokemon.

And don't even get me started on regions. According to my calculations, regions are about the size of a province/state. So in theory, each province/state in the world would have it's very own league! That's hundreds of different leagues to visit, each with different pokemon in it. Now THAT'S gonna take the main character a long time to complete.

So this thread is basically discussing about how the world of pokemon would be like in real life. What would be different? What harmless things wouldn't be so harmless in real life? That's the point of this thread.

So go ahead and discuss on this topic!

AwesomeReshiram93

THE MANNIS ARISES
Pokemon in real life would be horrible. Just imagine meeting a Haunter in the night.

"Its tongue is made of gas. If licked, its victim starts shaking constantly until death eventually comes."

I shall go hide in my room.

Earthia100

Pokemon would become popular. Everybody would have some. The good trainers would be well-known in their town. Serebii.net would become a big name and open up to investors at 1000000 PokeYen a share.

I will be the coolest kid in school.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
^ lol

It's a no-brainer that real-life Pokémon would be extremely dangerous, if PokéDexes are anything to go by. They're pretty much animals on a higher level. Could it be possible to capture and train a wild Pokémon to be tame and obey commands? Sure. Of course, that would mean homes may have to be built in a certain way to withstand Pokémon rampages. The laws may be more strict when it comes to the licenses, and there may have to be special places to have Pokémon battles. But if Pokémon were real, we could still technically co-exist. It just won't be like how the games and anime portray it. (It may be more closer to the manga, though.)

When it comes to terrorists, yes, those people will still exist, at the expense of a Pokémon's life, of course. This may indeed make them potentially more dangerous. But Pokémon can be used to defeat said-terrorists as well. And wars may be more disastrous and casualties may be greater.

So yes, there are pros and cons (mainly cons) to real-life Pokémon. But of course, if Pokémon were real, we wouldn't be having this discussion, since by this time we would've found a way to co-exist with the Pokémon like how we can co-exist with animals.

Codeepfly

MyCaruba
Yeah, to me Pokemon are like dinosaurs. They don't belong in society. I would see Pokemon used for evil to an extreme. Bullies would be huge threats to kids and one person could just snap and send their Pokemon on a rampage. Also dragon types would be taking the role of skyrim dragons and be slain left and right for pride and protection. Gangs would be rampant and have an advantage over the law. The government would be completely different as well.

blackterminator3

Oh lord the world would end if Kyogre and Groudon would have a fight in one land. :(

Well for one thing, if some moron decided to catch dialga and palkia, we would all be done for. And as you said, there would be many terroris attacks from those obnoxious teams.

Arbok4Ever

Don't forget the random ten-year-olds who just enter our houses unpermitted to look for items.

And travelling would become harder too, you know, with trainers attacking you every five meters and youngsters who just keep ranting on about how awesome it is to wear shorts.

Last edited:

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
Pokemon in real life will only be similar to the games if Pokemon will trust humans and be friendly overall. There is a reason why most people raise dogs and cats and not tigers and deep see angler fish.

KAIBAMAN

Psychic/1+1=?
I don't know, but if pokemon were real, me and my pokemon would do a lot of dirty things ;P xD
I'll also be some sort of champion and battle strong ppl like me around the world.

FusionKT

*cough*
nobody would get decent education as everyone would run off at 10 to become a pokemon master

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I can't imagine a Gengar. If there's plenty of shadows, I'm buggered.

Megh

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah. People say Pokemon is animal abuse, but all the while if it was real it'd be PEOPLE abuse!

And Everyone would have one or 2 room houses.

With 1 bed.

OH THE HUMANITY

And me oh my. Imagine if people worshipped a giant space goat as the creator of all things.
Imagine if Nobunaga's Ambition were to happen in real life. With a Zekrom.

Holy crap.

Last edited:

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I would be scared. Very scared. Especially if I encountered a Steelix. That thing is freaking creepy. And don't even get me started on Dusknoir....O_O

If pokemon were real however, I can imagine life being like the pokemon anime, except alot more violent.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
I think it'd be pretty cool if Pokemon were real. A lot of the more dangerous ones--Garchomp, Tyranitar, Gengar, and things like that--can't be found wild. You'd have to domesticate them young before they'd evolve into the dangerous creature (unless you caught a Gabite in Victory Road). Pokemon battling would be a lot of fun, there would be tons of great new pets and helpers around the house (imagine how fast your house would get organized with a Kadabra on the job), and law enforcement would have new, better tools.

As for all the legendary Pokemon discussion, there are only a spare few people who know anything about the legendary Pokemon besides their legends. Sure, we know a lot about them, but that's because they're in games. If they were in real life, they'd be treated as they are in the games--no one would know that much about them.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Has anyone considered how....ugly and scary some of the pokemon would be? Just look at Gyarados or even Gengar!