• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon in Reality?! The Horrors that Would be Released!

Tytan Havok

Bring it.
I image all the bonkers pokemon like Snorlax or Aggron or Tyranitar would be incredibly rare. Also, I would assume the legendaries would be considered mere mythology/urban legend. Sure, there would be alot of issues caused by the pokemon, but you would also have pokemon to help deal with it. I assume the power abuse that would come with bad people using them would not cause an increase in people abusing their power, it would just make the instances where it does happen more intense.

shamrockty12

Hoenn Champion
There sure would be a lot of rapes/murders/kidnappings thanks to all those stupid parents letting their naive young ones venture out into the world at age 10

shamrockty12

Hoenn Champion
You hate someone? Catch an Onix and tell it to roll over that person's house.

also i would constantly cut my grass, so i could walk in my yard and check the mail without being mauled every 5 steps

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Well....if Pokemon were real, learning how to fly would be that much easier! Hahaha~xD;

I'd have a lot more than just one pet, too.

And.....yeeeah some of them i'd be kinda scared to run into o_o;

I kinda like the idea of traveling on my own at age 10....crazy as it sounds....it sound's.....awesome, cuz it sound's soo dang terrifying 0__0;; ^_____^;

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
Have you watched the video "Pokémon in real life"? That would be sort of a good answer to this thread:

[video=youtube;e1h5TzdTq0o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1h5TzdTq0o[/video]

Schade

Metallic Wonder
It would be scary to go out at night

ShadowMoon

breeder of chaos
wait a min, if pokemon became real, would the special attributes humans in the pokemon world have pass on to us? such as the high resistance to pokemon attacks & aura & psychic powers? then when we throw in yellows healing ability's...

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
shamrockty12 said:
You hate someone? Catch an Onix and tell it to roll over that person's house.

Or better yet, a Snorlax. Try moving that thing after it's eaten hundreds of pounds of food.

shamrockty12

Hoenn Champion
There are of course huge risks to Pokemon being real but I think it would be awesome just the same. I would for sure go out and try to catch them all but my greatest dream would be to become the worlds best Pokemon professor and researcher.

Zibdas

not bad
Oh no, certainly it couldn't be like it's portrayed in the canon?

Seriously, this bugs me. Why can't Pokémon look the same in real life as they do in the anime? Why can't the world act the same as it does in-game?

Snivy Link

well i think that it would be awsome-ish. The goverment would of course make it more of a leagl thing and probably not let you get ur licence until ur 16. and remember that there will also be pokemon rangers to tame the legendary pokemon that terrorize us every now and then. And at least pokemon centers would be free, that would really help the economy,i think. Try to look on the bright side. Also if there were pokemon then i bet the gov would try to hard to keep it secret and stuff they would probably keep them all in some safari zone.

blackterminator3

I would also try to avoid Youngster Joey at all times. Come on, you know what he does when he gets your number. :p

Well, im sure that everyone would have to start avoiding any grassy areas.

I mean, getting attacked by an angry Pokemon that could easily do some serious damage to you every couple of steps sounds a tad dangerous ;)

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Well everyone would actually be very stupid (in the rise of darkrsi ash didn't know what 10 x10 was) because hey only go to school until their 10 years old. And mad rampaging Pokemon would destroy towns and cities. And most Pokemon would become extinct, knowing how many animals become extinct. Pokemon would kill animals with their elemental
Attacks.