• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon in Reality?! The Horrors that Would be Released!

Ziva

Hearthome
Imagine what they would look like even! Ive seen people make pictures of how they think they would look if they were real...theyre creepy.

Estellise

peachy
Banette. That is all.

zozo

SLIMED!
When I was shiny hunting for Pawniard, I ended up releasing literally hundreds of the little guys. I remember wondering what it would be like if that was real. You know, waking up one morning, looking out the window, and seeing hundreds of newborn armored, knife-wielding carnivores roaming around outside your house.

I'm pretty sure breeders like me would be considered public enemies for releasing these things and would have to live as outlaws.

FrannySummers

i would like to state that someone already said: is that the world would have grown with pokemon, wars have already been fought and a government been established. (i.e. war in the Lucario movie) Defiantly more then officer Jenny would be needed and for sure they would have powerful pokemon, most likely able to force field Voltorb's explosions from terrorists. And terrorists as we know really would not exist... let's just leave religion and other things out of it. Groups like Team Rocket and etc would exist, but we must remember Pokemon Rangers also exist. Legendary pokemon would not be well known though of course more then one would exist as well. Though really a Kyogre massively blow water spout would cause floods and a Groudon digging threw volcanic areas would upset things. Someone also said Gym leaders and elite four would assist and protect areas, of course; let alone anyone in the area with a pokemon to help would; fires!? sheet no worries.
Let's also get rid of pokemon abilities that affect weather, really a Tyranitar shows up and a sand storm brews, is there really sand in the direct area?(though his tail could whip up a "sand attack as he does other moves; multi-tasking) can a pokemon really come in and poof clouds form and there is rain? sure a water pokemon with a fire pokemon make steam raising the humidity and a psychic to focus said humidty.. maybe; though Rayquaza clearing weather seems most plausible.
Also i like to add something i thought about since i play Star Trek online. Teleport technology. In the cartoon it happens, let alone the Pokemon world has far superior tech. Think that the pokeball "teleports" the pokemon and inside just keeps the particle info until it is "re-teleported" out of the ball when it is thrown. Plus i would never go anywhere without a Abra or Ralts (and evolutions) to teleport me to safety if something goes wrong... and just think you would not even need to say something the psychic pokemon would feel/hear your thoughts of "oh sheet we need to go!" and boom your back somewhere safe. I would also carry more then 6 pokemon, people would travel on their quests alone because of danger.
Licensees would be needed to get pokemon, either pet level, beginner trainer and more advanced license to own pokemon like Tyranitar, Metagross,Garchomp; because come on dudes on motorcycles in gangs shouldn't own some pokemon. Which brings me to Muk, there are places for him and would most likely be watched over(dumpyards, hate to say septic-tanks), though a trainer with a license could carry him.

destinydude000

The Awesome Dude
I think it'd be pretty cool if Pokemon were real. A lot of the more dangerous ones--Garchomp, Tyranitar, Gengar, and things like that--can't be found wild. You'd have to domesticate them young before they'd evolve into the dangerous creature (unless you caught a Gabite in Victory Road). Pokemon battling would be a lot of fun, there would be tons of great new pets and helpers around the house (imagine how fast your house would get organized with a Kadabra on the job), and law enforcement would have new, better tools.

As for all the legendary Pokemon discussion, there are only a spare few people who know anything about the legendary Pokemon besides their legends. Sure, we know a lot about them, but that's because they're in games. If they were in real life, they'd be treated as they are in the games--no one would know that much about them.

Indeed!!
And if you want to catch a legendary pokemon, you may get one , just like the battle frontiers.
And for ghosts, since my party contains Gengar, I'm not bothered by ghosts!!!

Pippi

Cool
Whoa, drown, burn, and enslave us? What? You have to remember that a Pokémon would act very similarly to a pet. Even if it was wild, it would probably just stay in it's natural habitat and likely keep to itself.

EonDragonFTW

why are you all wondering what they look like?
*cough, Pokedex 3D Pro, cough*
It would be sick if they were real and sure they would be conflicts, but the pokemon only grows to be like its trainer

Miror B...

Orre Champion
Metagross has the intelligence of a super computer so there's a good chance that they would overthrow us.

Apart from that, I actually think it'd be fine.

Pippi

Cool
Metagross has the intelligence of a super computer so there's a good chance that they would overthrow us.

Apart from that, I actually think it'd be fine.
Metagross are rare, for one. And two, they live secluded in the mountains. I doubt they'd make much contact with humans.

Miror B...

Orre Champion
Metagross are rare, for one. And two, they live secluded in the mountains. I doubt they'd make much contact with humans.

True but I think even just one would be serious trouble. It's a huge, metal beast with intelligence that surpasses humanity- it'd be extremely difficult to take down.

I honestly think though a world with Pokemon wouldn't actually be that bad. People say terrorists and such would use Pokemon for evil acts- but would they waste their time levelling a Pokemon to a powerful level or would they just use explosives/guns/whatever. Using Pokemon could be considered a difficult and long alternative to using actual weapons.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
For me it's clear that any type of Pokémon fight would not be allowed. I mean, it's just like a **** fight, but sometimes worse. Can you even imagine? Pokémon beating each other's asses until one of them faint. That would just be terrible.
And Pokémon are smarter than regular animals, since they can understand pretty much anything. It would be no surprise if Pokémon rebeled against us humans trying to finish the battles. They can communicate with each other, and I really doubt we would have any chance against smart animals with super powers.

zozo

SLIMED!
True but I think even just one would be serious trouble. It's a huge, metal beast with intelligence that surpasses humanity- it'd be extremely difficult to take down.

I honestly think though a world with Pokemon wouldn't actually be that bad. People say terrorists and such would use Pokemon for evil acts- but would they waste their time levelling a Pokemon to a powerful level or would they just use explosives/guns/whatever. Using Pokemon could be considered a difficult and long alternative to using actual weapons.

I have to agree with Nimburst, Metagross seem to prefer living in seclusion rather than mix with us crazy humans. Which seems to suggest that they are intelligent enough to know that we're nothing but trouble, lol!
And even if one did show up, it wouldn't be that tough to deal with it. Sure, they've the intelligence of supercomputers, but they're not omniscient or anything. Just have some friendly Ferrothorn set up Stealth Rock traps around whatever populated area you want to protect to alert the citizens of approaching Metagross, and maybe throw in some Leech Seed booby-traps for good measure to slow it down/weaken it. After that, a few quick Earthquakes or Fire Blasts should be enough to encourage it to go back home. Between the harassment it would get from humans and trainers and the sheer number of humans it would have to deal with, they wouldn't be much of a threat.

I should think that Rotom would be one of the worst Pokemon to fear, if it ever decided to gather in numbers and actively take over the human race. I mean, the ability to possess anything motorized is pretty scary. Similarly the Porygon family would be pretty frightening if it ever decided to wreak havoc on humanity, thanks to their ability to enter computers. Now that I think of it, that would actually make them the perfect counter to any angry Metagross wandering around!

Still scary but slightly less frightening would be weather summoners like Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Abomasnow, DW Ninetales, DW Politoed, Castform, etc. Just because they could devastate any environment they entered.

And lets not forget dear old Shedinja. All it would have to do is learn to float backwards towards people, forcing hundreds of innocent human souls to be sucked into its carapace...
I do think that Ninjask would be considered an evil Pokemon, and training or evolving a Nincada would be against the law.

Last edited:

Vivian

Youre all saying that metagross is smarter then humans because they´re as intteligent as a supercomputer, but todays smartest supercomputer has the intelligence of a cat. Cientists say that supercomputers will only reach human level of intelligence in 2030.

broken glass

average shiny hunter
Whoa, drown, burn, and enslave us? What? You have to remember that a Pokémon would act very similarly to a pet. Even if it was wild, it would probably just stay in it's natural habitat and likely keep to itself.

are u forgetting how charizard treated ashin the first anime he was pretty mean

i for one think some pokemon would be good for real life and others arent fit to exist in the real world

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
There's a reason it's a video game. Our world would have to drastically change.

tyranitarenthusiast

seems like you are focussing on the Pokemon only not the people. if Pokemon were real we'd have people like the gym leaders, elite four, champions to help stop the occasional rampaging gyarados.
that is basically their main job ingame or in the anime anyway they fight trainers to find new members or because they get bored idk.
and as for terrorists it would be awfully hard to bomb a plane if there are alakazams as security. over all if Pokemon were real life would be far more exciting than it is now.
good point
everything would be under control in general because if it was like the game you would be fine.
kid walks to school
bully walks up to kid
bully: GIMME YOUR LUNCH MONEY OR I UNLEASH MAI MACHOKE!!!!
kid looks up at bully
kid throw poke ball at bully
bully gos into poke ball
kid puts poke ball in pocket and walls away like it never happened

but.... that could be a problem