• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moffooo

Does anyone know when CITV will be playing new episodes of Best Wishes? I know they are currently airing Battle Dimension reruns but I can see no indication of when new episodes will be returning.

sandy ketchum

I heard they are airing black and white and that they have aired first fourteen episodes in citv in weekend morning slots. There are always sites you could watch them.

Ellis

サトセレ結婚
I gave up on watching the anime on TV over here ages ago. The show doesn't even get a full series over here, plus it's on at ridiculous times mostly. None of the stations have ever been consistent with the show, which is a real shame... I just watch it online now...

Haunter ゴースト

I've wondered when they're going to restart too.

They finished Rival Destinies (before the US ha ha ha ha ha) and stopped airing right away.

I imagine they'll start Season 16 in 2/3 months.

fitzy909

Just another guy
i'm tired of waiting form the series to start again. we get like 2 episodes before america and the rest are like months behind. i just watch the episodes online. it's easier and less frustrating than waiting months.

Sunglasses Krookodile

King Of The Kroks
Its very weird, i know Sky used to have new episodes on every weekend, im not sure if this is still the case. There was those 4 episodes of rival destinies that aired before the USA, it felt cool to kinda watch them before they were shown over their.

Also I wish we would have all the series DVD to buy over here, I have always wanted to own them on DVD in the uk, I'm tempted to buy region 1 DVDs but it just won't feel the same.

Xlate

Just a quick question, which is the actual official channel for airing it in the UK, CITV or Disney XD?

I noticed CITV usually gets the new episodes first but on the other hand Disney XD shows the new ones more often.

Anyway I just wished they kept it consistent and show it on CN, like in the US.

charizardmaster125

Rather than create a thread about it, just to let you all know after mysteriously not showing it during December last year when previously advertised on Pokemon.com, CITV will now be showing Pokemon Movie 15 Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice at 9.25am this Saturday 13th April, according to the Freeview guide. To answer Xlate, I think that CITV is the official channel as since Pokemon Movie 13, Pokemon.com has been advertising CITV to watch the movie but I guess it depends on whether any further licenses can be issued by TPCi which is probably why Disney XD also show Pokemon albeit later than CITV.

As far as I'm aware, CITV "outsource" the bulk of their content from other networks, CN being one of them though for Pokemon I'd imagine that they need a license from TPCi, but its quite common nowadays for other channels to air the same show. For example when the BBC air a new episode of Top Gear, a few months down the line, you can expect a repeat of that episode on a channel called "Dave" which is run by UKTV and is part owned by the BBC so BBC 2 is the official channel for new episodes of Top Gear with "Dave" showing repeats when they can get clearance so this is probably a similar process as to what goes on with Pokemon here but cable and satellite owners may have the added benefit of watching the repeat on an HD service which CITV does not currently have that facility yet.

SlimeStack

The dub is pretty awkward to watch period. You either have to be in an area that gets the American Cartoon Network or you'll be watching old episodes. And I don't think I would pay for TV if I lived in America anyway, the amount of adverts they put on makes watching even recorded TV hard.

In Japan as far as I know, outside of Tokyo TV, you can also stream the latest episodes on Hulu in HD. All we have in the west is Pokémon TV, which only shows a selection of old episodes in a very low resolution with poor speeds.

I'd really like the show to have an official subbed stream, but it's unlikely because they probably just want everyone to see the dub. An official stream of the dub would be more than welcome too.

Chandelurefan1

Rather than create a thread about it, just to let you all know after mysteriously not showing it during December last year when previously advertised on Pokemon.com, CITV will now be showing Pokemon Movie 15 Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice at 9.25am this Saturday 13th April, according to the Freeview guide. To answer Xlate, I think that CITV is the official channel as since Pokemon Movie 13, Pokemon.com has been advertising CITV to watch the movie but I guess it depends on whether any further licenses can be issued by TPCi which is probably why Disney XD also show Pokemon albeit later than CITV.

As far as I'm aware, CITV "outsource" the bulk of their content from other networks, CN being one of them though for Pokemon I'd imagine that they need a license from TPCi, but its quite common nowadays for other channels to air the same show. For example when the BBC air a new episode of Top Gear, a few months down the line, you can expect a repeat of that episode on a channel called "Dave" which is run by UKTV and is part owned by the BBC so BBC 2 is the official channel for new episodes of Top Gear with "Dave" showing repeats when they can get clearance so this is probably a similar process as to what goes on with Pokemon here but cable and satellite owners may have the added benefit of watching the repeat on an HD service which CITV does not currently have that facility yet.

I don't think CITV is the official channel noting that Disney XD had already aired Pokemon Movie 15 Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice some time ago and during the D/P era there were multiple contests like a quiz and sort, so unless times have changed, I honestly believe Pokemon is represented in UK by Disney XD

CliveKoopa

CITV is the official channel for the UK airing of the anime. I don't think any other channel here shows it. It used to be on Sky One but that doesn't show them anymore.

harryheart

Have we heard (or more specifically anyone heard) anything about the new series and when it may begin to air? This time last year I think Rival Destinies began airing here, so I'd be surprised it Adventures in Unova didn't (considering Black and White was the same sort of time the year before)

Status
Not open for further replies.