• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon in the wild

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
i wouldn't farfetch'd be sinnoh native?

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I don't think swarm pokemon (in the case of Farfetch'd, Beldum, etc) would make the pokemon "native" to a particular area. They are merely migrating from one place to another, stopping at a particular region along the way.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Ummmm, interesting theory.....

I Think this is accully true.

Swarm pokemon don't apply to this, since they migrate from place to place.

Jumpman93

Rock on.
So does that mean Steel- and Dark-type Pokemon are native to Johto?

These "discoveries" must make figuring out a Pokemon time line absolute Hell.

Illusione-Tempus

So actually, where does Beldum actually come from?
I know they're migrating from place to place, so maybe we can find them in the wild somewhere in Gen 5?

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
So actually, where does Beldum actually come from?
I know they're migrating from place to place, so maybe we can find them in the wild somewhere in Gen 5?

You know Beldum is so rare,
we can't find it anywhere!

But seriously.. maybe that swarm is the only place Beldum exist?

random guardian

Get your flame on!
what we should focus on is where starter pokemon come from. pof. Oak dosent pull them out of his @#$ thats for shure.

perhapes these pokemon that you cant find any where else live on some protected island that only officals like proffersors can get to. they are givin to starter trainers where they trade and breed under human control. eventualy these pokemon will become common again like farfetch'd and lapras. the problem is these pokemon live where they were not discoverd.

Last edited:

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Pokemon that were meant to be special and unique now aren't so special, so you can just go out and catch one. I'm sure it won't be long before we can find wild Riolu.

Vivian

The starters are completely domesticated pokemon, that you can only find in big farmers that breed them for new trainers. They're extinct on nature, like domestic dogs.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
The complete list is:
Lapras
Jynx
Beldum
Tyrougue
Mr. Mime
Eevee
Porygon
Pichu
Togepi
Igglybuff
Cleffa
Elekid
Magby
Smoochum
Azurill
Castform

Mime1020

Heart Gold =)
I think that Pokemon are native to the region they are found wild in like Jynx, Lapras, Farfetch'd, and Beldum. But people you trade with probably have been to those regions.

Mrpuc

Shocked!
Its probably because they dont acctually come from the region they originate in but brought over by some trainers.

Aresol

Caring Wanderer
This sounds a bit strange, but in regards to this problem we have to think of Pokemon as if they were real animals.
What I mean is that they were modeled after animals, and have specific environmental needs like animals.
They migrate like animals, and can only exist in certain areas.
And like in real life people are capable of domesticating them(starters) or transporting them to different places(Jinx, Beldum, etc.).
Also think of how certain species of animals in the real world kind of spread out quickly when introduced to new regions of the planet(like frogs), that could explain a few instances where a Pokemon isn't native in Kanto in RBY but is in GSC(remember the time difference).

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
Hmm...it's possible Pokemon could have once lived in a region.
For example, it is possible that wild Jynx inhabited both Kanto and Johto, but when Kanto became an insufficient place for Jynx to live (not enough food, habitats destroyed, etc.) they all migrated to Johto.

cocoa_adele

sorry if this was pointed out before but isnt tyrogue catchable in sinnoh?
i'm fairly sure i chained one but thats beside the point

Akagi

i have a wacked sis
I'm really not sure but i think it is

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
sorry if this was pointed out before but isnt tyrogue catchable in sinnoh?
i'm fairly sure i chained one but thats beside the point

In fact, the only way you can get a wild Tyrogue is by chaining in DPPt, suggesting that it is, in fact, native to Sinnoh.