• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon is EVIL!!!!

Golde

Always Searching~
Anyone who would say that Pokemon are evil is a mother scared her children are going to join a cult based around enslaving mythical creatures that go around killing in a similar fashion to Charlie Manson.

-_-

Torosiken

This is a title.
pokemon not evil!!

they do bad things coz the owner are bad!!! (look anime eps, forgot which eps, but if have the cds, vol 6)

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
In hind-sight, some people could argue that enslaving small cute animals and forcing them into supernatural ****-fights is evil, but its all in good fun, and no child as far as i know is stupid enough to make their dogs do the same thing. Surprisingly, Pokemon seems to have replaced actual animal cruelty which was sport for the bored (people in 19th century Missouri, for example, in run down villages, would stick a dog's tail into a can, set the can on fire, and have the dog run around in circles while they threw rocks and laughed).

Also, Catholics apparently attempted to say that Pokemon is Satanic, but failed because the Pope said it was harmless fun. i sure got a kick out of that, imagining the Pope sitting in his giant chair up in the Vatican, EV training a Tyranitar in his Platinum between making Heavenly Decrees. :D

I mean, c'mon, even the Pope says they're not evil, so how could they be?

SteelArson

How can a game based around the idea of creating close bonds, and with love and friendhsip triumphing over advercity be in any way evil.

tbh i'd say pokemon was a lot less evil than most games out there from the main characters point of view =/

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!
Its not evil! Mudpika! mudpika! im half mudkip and half pikachu.

coolespeon

I dont know.
my opinion

I don´t think pokemon is evil. it´s just that adults wants to ruin our fun.

Validus

Pokemon.. evil... yeah no..

pokemon realted deaths : 0 (as far as i know)

political realted deaths: Millions upon Millions...

I don´t think pokemon is evil. it´s just that adults wants to ruin our fun.

Hey, i'm an adult and so is Serebii Joe. we're all good people. lol

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
I'd argue educational benefits (strategy, math etc.) and the teaching of friendship and good>evil. If they continued I'd say, " It makes kids shut-up, sit in a corner, and behave. If they are focusing on the game, they aren't getting in trouble".

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
I'm normally not the debating type, so I'd probably ignore a subject such as this...

But then again, I'd have to say that Pokemon is in no way evil/satanic/etc. If it was like that, why would they put beneficial life thoughts into the game? If anyone recalls, in D/P/Pl., at the church in Hearthome City, all the people inside there say some very nice life sayings. Then of course, there's the stuff Cynthia says to Cyrus in the Distortion World too.

Alloute

Not Banned
Pokemon isn't evil, are you kidding me?!

But 4Kids, PUSA, Game Freak, and Nintendo are^_^

BCVM22

But 4Kids, PUSA, Game Freak, and Nintendo are^_^

Because the studio/distributor that popularized the anime upon its North American release (contributing significantly to the franchise's megaton explosion of popularity at the outset), the licensing arm of the franchise, the development studio that makes the games and the international video game conglomerate that owns a third of the copyright and distributes the franchise worldwide are all the very definition of evil, particularly in this context.

I am fascinated by your ideas. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to, perhaps?

Aviano

I dropped my balls
Because the studio/distributor that popularized the anime upon its North American release (contributing significantly to the franchise's megaton explosion of popularity at the outset), the licensing arm of the franchise, the development studio that makes the games and the international video game conglomerate that owns a third of the copyright and distributes the franchise worldwide are all the very definition of evil, particularly in this context.

I am fascinated by your ideas. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to, perhaps?

You haven't changed one bit :)

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
Unfortunately no matter how long people defend it there will always be those imbeciles whose life's work is to get up out of bed, and criticize everything thats good and jolly, using political correctness, faulty religious morality (I'm 98% sure that if a real priest heard their arguments he'd faint), and their own brand of stupidity. These people are responsible for such fun things as the Philip Pullman controversy, banning Harry Potter for having "witchcraft", and saying that all our favorite books, games, and movies are corrupt and wicked, simply because they have nothing better to do. These people are not adults, but more likely metaphorical toddlers in fat-suits. At least the world at large agrees with us and ignores them. Besides, Nintendo screws the opinions of others because it has moneys!

katfairy

My general response to idiocy of that caliber is to laugh in the idiot's face. This is usually followed by Olympic-caliber snarkiness.

I never claimed to be nice. At least, not with a straight face.