• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon is popular at my school now!

XXD17

Draco rex
Can I get a whoop for Gears of War 3? Anyways, back on track...pokemon was really cool back in elementary school but it's popularity died down until it was reignited a little in high school again...and in uni, no one cares what you like...it's a place for different people and different things, people are more mature to accept these differences

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
Sigh...Primary school was fun but Secondary school became hell after the first week. More than 90% of my school hates Pokemon, Mario or all that stuff. Instead, there are:

-People who only use their PS3 or Xbox just to play cod

-People who are too athletic and spend their lives getting injured playing sports

-People who have girlfriends and boyfriends and talk about rubbish gossip

-People who spend their lives at parties and get drunk

I am a good runner, I never give up at stuff and I play Tennis but at my school since I am none of the people above, i'm classified as a 'nerd'. Most of the time I suffer talking to my friends who don't care about video games. Sometimes at recess and lunch I go into a room where there are less than 15 people who play on their PSP's and 3DS's and I talk to them or play on my phone. I keep my obsession with video games a secret and I don't get screwed at school, but people know I like playing games; just not Pokemon, Mario, Sonic, etc...

Victory

Banned
Nobody knows I play, other wise I would be sitting near the kids that think hyper beam is amazing :eek: I am actually very popular and got voted for student council!

Buchou

filch some swag
I'm in college. No one has time to care whether someone plays Pokemon or not. I remember in primary school tons of kids loved it and as the years went on, people stopped liking it. In high school though, my school had a Pokemon club.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
I wish I was in your school. There's two guys in the same year who liked pokemon, but since they're guys, I can't hang out with them without getting the whole "boyfriend" complex issue. My friends know I like it, and respect it, as I respect their interests.
~RaichuArcanine~​

HiddL

Pokemon Whisperer
As far as I know pokemon is restricted to the nerds at my school so no it isn't popular at all, my school revolves around COD, it's really obnoxious.

auggh i know right ;(, 90% of the people actually still only think its a puny kiddy game because the anime is for kids ?

Jameson1

Mes amis
I'm in college and it's not hard to find people who enjoy playing Pokemon here... a guy on my hall last year brought his GBC with Pokemon Red, and I did the same this year. There are clubs you can go to and stuff, and nobody except the really snooty partiers cares whether you like Pokemon or not, most everybody is fine with it.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
They say fads go in a cycle.
A FAD doesn't last 15 years...

Pokemon is not a fad anymore. Believing so is just wishful thinking. There is still a decent amount of interest in the games, but in terms of the entire franchise, the fad is dead. Even most hardcore fans aren't interested in the cards, interest in the anime is restricted to pretty much just the small original fan community.

Miindfreakk

Illusionist Trainer
I don't look like a guy who's playing pokemon, but I said it to the people and they understand that I can love this game !

donuts

Grass Master
/rantover

Actually, do you know how this all started? My friend told me and everybody else that he was going to go to gamestop that day and buy Pokemon Firered because deep down he still loved pokemon, and he told all the haters to suck it. Over the summer, everybodys digging up their Gameboys and Firereds and leafgreens from 3rd grade. So yeah, i feel your rant, and it is infections once someone starts playing. I'm self conscious, so thats why i didnt really feel a need to tell everyone.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
I'm in 8th grade now lol. I've been playing Pokemon, but I didn't want to tell any of my friends because it wouldn't be "cool" and they'd banish me to the "uncool" lunch table or something. But, hey, all of a sudden, all my friends and the "cool" kids are playing Firered and stuff on their GBA SPs. I walk into the bathroom and see one of the most popular kids in my grade holding two GBAs and trading pokemon between them. And today, me and my friends had a big debate on who was cooler: Blastoise or Charizard. Is there something that I was not aware of? Is Pokemon cool in your school, or is my school just weird?

Your school is ****in' wierd, man! Only because the "popular kids" are playing and trading with GameBoys. XD

I'm a senior in High School and when Pokemon Black and White came out it was HUGE.

Same thing for me except I was a Freshman.

donuts

Grass Master
This sounds a little like fantasy to me lol. I find it odd that the school would suddenly shift from Pokemon being "for nerds" to "Pokemon is awesome!". Secondly, even if such a shift were to take place, why is everyone suddenly using a console that is nearly a decade old, when I'm sure the "cool" approach would be to get your hands on the latest hardware and games. It certainly can't be nostalgia, since if you're in Grade 8, that makes you around 12-13 years old, meaning you were just a toddler when the GBA SP came out. Most of your generation would have grown up with the Nintendo DS.

Maybe it's true, but the whole story just sounds really strange.

I feel you man. But Pokemon players were never really insulted because nobody admitted it. I think deep down people still liked pokemon from 3rd grade (Thanks to me, because I started that phase). It actually is a combination of being nostalgic and not wanting to spend $100 on a new system when their Firered is perfectly adequate that people stuck with their GBA SP. And my generation never really caught on with a DS, I'm the only one. The only handheld they ever bought or liked was the SP. I know, it sounds weird, but hey my school's weird and awesome, and I love it.

Wilderness

As far as I know pokemon is restricted to the nerds at my school so no it isn't popular at all, my school revolves around COD, it's really obnoxious.

Explain to me why it's obnoxious. They like COD, let them play it. You're just as bad as people who look down at others playing Pokemon.

EDIT - after reading more posts, I realized so many members here have such closed minds. Wow, guys.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
lol since I'm on a Art School, lotsa peeps know Pokemon xD
Some times my classmate play the remix of the original Pokemon theme song in class xD nya~

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
Pokemon Cards are crazy at my school ever since B/W came out