• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon is popular at my school now!

Zachmac

I'm also in 8th grade, but I'm going to an online school. I went to a normal school last year, but Pokemon wasn't too popular. I knew only about 5 people who I knew liked it.

Alex0511

What the FFFNYAAAAH?
I would kill for an awesome school like yours. Maybe something small, like a carrot or something.

kusari

Raptastic
College student at the moment so you can still find people who play.

My senior year in high school (last fall to this past spring) my jounalism teacher chose my article to be full length material for the March issue of our paper. What was the topic you ask: The Release of Pokemon Black and White. That's how I found out that a lot of people played (including two teachers).

BlazingCold

Nice. Unfortunately, it's "nerdy" these days so I don't talk about it.

FroTW

*** gladio et sale
At my school everyone knows about pokemon, then some of my friends actually play the games and only like 2 or 3 of them even know about the competitive side of the game. So what we get is a bunch of people bragging about having a "beast" Blastoise or Nidoqueen but still, it's better than nothing.

BlazingCold

I fail to see what is nerdy about Pokémon.

There small little mammals that spit out fire.

I just like to joke with it. In 5th grade, my last year in elementary school, I found like 30 2nd graders huddling around the DP handbook.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
I fail to see what is nerdy about Pokémon.

It's classified as nerdy because of the nature of most people who play it. A lot of people who enjoy the game tend to obsess over perfecting their pokemon (i.e intense EV training, breeding, etc), hence people jump to conclusions and expect anyone who likes it as being obsessed with it.

VictiniChamp

Pokemon's popular or cool depending on who you are. I was that "popular jocK" kid last year as a HS Senior (Scholarships for football) and was respected by pretty much everyone I didn't make fun of lol. I started playing Black about a week after it came out till the last week of school. Most kids that it was funny and cool because it was a "retro" thing to do. Most kids actually asked how it was and stuff like that and actually interested. Basically be yourself.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Pokemon's popular or cool depending on who you are. I was that "popular jocK" kid last year as a HS Senior (Scholarships for football) and was respected by pretty much everyone I didn't make fun of lol.

The beauty of the Internet is that you can make up almost anything about yourself, and other people have no way of knowing wether it is true or not.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Pokemon may be considered for a younger audience, but that doesn't take the sheer thrill out of it. The targeted and affected audiences are two completely different things.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Pokemon may be considered for a younger audience, but that doesn't take the sheer thrill out of it. The targeted and affected audiences are two completely different things.

Case in Point -----> My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
...That's not what I had in mind, but OK.

Back in my day I had all of (maybe like 15) the Ex cards, I was so cool people would come over and shine my shoes.
*Puts on Shades*
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
I don't get it

Well then, you have never experienced the popularity of having 15 pokemon EX cards, Dont worry I feel pity towards you. ;)

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
I meant that I don't get the CSI reference. There was no pun.