• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Johto Revisited

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Chapter 3: The two professors

“Uncle Joe, we’re back!” Jenna shouted as the two trainers entered the lobby of Professor Elm’s Pokemon laboratory.

Once again Jenna was leading the way; it was obvious that she was not use to following the leads of others. Despite her short temper it seemed as if being independent was one of her strong points.

Ace followed closely behind Jenna; his Cyndaquil was still riding on his shoulder. “The professor is probably back in the lab area with his assistant” Ace said as they made their way towards the automatic doors that lead to the lab area.

The doors opened and the two trainers entered. In the room were three men; the green haired assistant who was called Allegro, the brown haired professor Joseph Elm, and a grey haired man who was also wearing a lab coat.

The mysterious man turned towards the two trainers and smiled. “Oh, you two must be the trainers that my protégé here asked to go after that pesky Noctowl”. The man wore a red polo shirt underneath his white lab coat and a pair of tan slacks. “It was very kind of you to help, but the question is whether or not you managed to catch the Noctowl.”

Ace’s mouth was wide open and he looked as if he couldn’t believe his eyes. “N-no way” Ace said in disbelief as he stared at the new arrival.

Jenna gave Ace a sidelong look. “Hello, earth to Ace” the girl was snapping her fingers in front of Ace’s face, trying to get his attention. “What’s with that look? You weren’t even that impressed when you first laid eyes on me so why is this old guy so important?” Jenna sounded as if her ego was bruised.

“Jenna, do you know who this man is?” Ace asked excitedly. “He’s the Professor Oak!” Ace looked as if he was about to burst. He was now bouncing up and down and there was no sign that he was about to stop.

“I’ve never heard of Professor Oak before, but I never imagined you to be the type to get star struck” Jenna replied incredulously.

Though Jenna had just met Ace, she had thought that he was a bit more down to earth than this. She never imagined that he would get so excited over a television star or whatever this Professor Oak guy was.

“You’ve never heard of Professor Oak?” now it was Ace’s turn to sound incredulous. “He’s one of the leading Pokemon researchers in the whole world!”

Ace was truly showing his fan boy side now as he began to list all of Professor Oak’s many achievements.

“Oh and that’s not to mention the fact that he’s the inventor of the Pokedex!” Ace said exasperatedly. He looked tired and was sweating slightly.

Professor Oak cleared his throat, causing the two trainers to turn towards him. “Actually, the Pokedex is the reason I am here right now.” Professor Oak pointed to a suite case on the high-tech podium which a few hours prior had held the pokeballs containing the starter Pokemon they had chosen.

Jenna raised an eyebrow “I don’t get it, what’s a Pokedex?” The girl asked.

Professor Oak walked over to the suite case and opened it, revealing two high-tech looking devices. “The Pokedex is basically an electronic encyclopedia that contains information on all the Pokemon you might meet in this region.” Professor Oak smiled at the two trainers “These are the newest models and I want you two to have them.”

Ace looked as if he was about to burst with excitement. “You’re giving me a Pokedex?” Ace ran forward and hugged the grey haired professor. “Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!”

Professor Oak laughed. “You’re quite welcome…erm, I didn’t catch your name”

Ace released the professor and smiled. “Oh, I’m Ace Gold”

“Nice to meet you Ace.” Professor Oak looked over at Jenna “And what is your name?”

Jenna, who was playing with a pink Pokedex she had taken from the suite case, looked over at the professor. “I’m Jenna Crystal” Jenna’s finger hit the blue button on the front of the Pokedex and it flipped open. “So that’s how you open it…” Jenna turned her attention back to the Pokedex.
Ace walked over to the suite case and took the remaining Pokedex. It was red and had the same blue button that Jenna’s had, the one that was used to open the Pokedex. “Whoa, my very own Pokedex” Ace said in amazement.

At that moment Professor Elm stepped forward and cleared his throat. “Excuse me you two, but I really must know, did you manage to catch Noctowl?” It was obvious that Professor Elm was nervous; the suspense must have been too much for him.

Ace smiled and reached into his pocket from which he pulled out the pokeball that held the recently caught Noctowl. “Yeah professor, we’ve got it right here.” Ace held out the pokeball and gave it to the professor.

Elm smiled and took the pokeball from Ace. “I cannot tell you how much this means to me. Months of research would have been wasted if Noctowl had managed to escape.” Elm turned towards his green haired assistant “Allegro, could you take Noctowl to the healing machine and give him a quick check up?”

Allegro stepped forward and took the pokeball from Professor Elm. “Of course,” Allegro turned towards Ace and Jenna “and I’d be happy to take your Pokemon and heal them for you. They must be tired from today’s journey.”

Jenna shrugged and took Chikorita’s pokeball from her pocket and handed it to Allegro. “Take good care of her okay? She got hurt fighting against that Noctowl.”

Allegro and Professor Elm looked at Jenna with matching expressions of shock. Obviously they were not use to Jenna expressing concern for others.

Allegro nodded “Of course. I’ll have her healed in no time.” The green haired assistant turned towards Ace. “And I’ll take Cyndaquil as well.”

Ace took a pokeball from his pocket and pointed it at the now sleeping Cyndaquil on his shoulder. The young trainer pressed the button on the center of the pokeball and a red laser emerged, pulling Cyndaquil back into the pokeball. “Okay, take good care of him.” Ace handed the pokeball to Allegro.

Allegro nodded and took the three pokeballs to an adjacent room.

Professor Elm turned towards Ace and Jenna. “It’s a good thing Professor Oak’s Dragonite was fast enough to fly him here to give you your Pokedexes” the brown haired professor said.

“Oh, so that was your Dragonite?” Ace turned towards Professor Oak and smiled. “I could tell that he’s really powerful.”

Professor Oak smiled before he replied. “Yes, that Dragonite of mine is quite the power house. I’m sure on your journey you’ll capture some great Pokemon and you’ll become strong together as a team.”

Ace smiled “I think so too.” The black haired trainer slipped his new Pokedex into his pocket.

Professor Elm looked over at Jenna. “Jenna, I think you should travel with Ace.” The brown haired professor said abruptly.

Ace and Jenna both looked at Professor Elm with shocked looks on their faces.

Jenna shook her head. “No way, you know what I’m trying to do and I can’t have some stranger tagging along with me.” Jenna looked angry at her uncle for even suggesting this.

Professor Elm looked at Jenna sternly. “I know exactly why you’re going on this journey and I think it would be better if you go with Ace.” The professor said. “Ace will be challenging gym leaders, which will cause him to stop every now and then for training and challenges,” Elm began “and if you go with him, this will allow you to stop and maybe find some clues you wouldn’t have found if you just ran around with no real goal.”

Jenna’s face was now red with anger. “I don’t have time to go slow. It’s been years since he went missing and I’ve already wasted enough time getting mom and dad to let me travel!” Now Jenna was shouting.

Professor Elm looked angry now as well. “And if your brother, as powerful as he was, fell victim to those people, what chance do you think you have of dealing with them?”

At that moment Ace remembered something Jenna had said earlier that day as they were looking for Noctowl. “Not like it’s any of your business, but I have a goal I want to complete and to do that I need to travel.”

Tears were now forming in Jenna’s eyes. “I don’t know how I’m going to deal with those people!” she shouted “I don’t even know how I’m going to find them, but I have to try!”

Ace looked at Jenna. “Well if these people are dangerous, you’ll need some strong Pokemon partners to help you out.” Ace said cautiously. “And if we travel together, I’m sure we’ll meet lots of Pokemon and we’ll have a lot of chances to train with them.” Ace wasn’t sure if he liked the idea of traveling with Jenna, but he knew he didn’t want her going after these ‘dangerous people’ be herself. She was strong, that Ace could tell, but she was also rash and obviously emotional. Ace thought that she might need someone to keep her level headed.

Jenna looked over at Ace and laughed humorlessly. “You really want to travel with me?” she asked. “Either you’re really brave or really stupid, but then again you don’t know the dangers I might have to endure.”

Ace swallowed some of the bile that had formed in his throat. He seemed to be getting in way over his head, but it was obvious that nothing anyone said would stop Jenna from going on this journey of hers. “If you’re going, then I’m going too.” Ace said. He hoped he sounded more confident than he felt. “Of course, I’ll need to know more about what you’re doing. Like whom you’re looking for and why.”

Jenna examined Ace for a few moments, as if she was trying to determine if he was serious or not, and then she allowed her lips to form into a thin smile. “Okay, we can travel together. I’ll explain more later, I promise.”

At that moment, Allegro returned from the other room carrying the three pokeballs on a tray. “All three Pokemon are healed and ready for action. Though I suppose the only action Noctowl will be seeing is lab work.” Allegro said.

Professor Elm looked at Ace, then the tray of pokeballs, and then at Ace again. “Ace, I want to give you something to show my gratitude.” Professor Elm said. “Not only did you catch Noctowl, but you have agreed to help my niece, which is a huge relief to me.” Professor Elm smiled before continuing. “You have proven to be a responsible and reliable young man, so I’m sure you’ll take good care of this gift”. The professor grabbed one of the pokeballs from the tray and handed it to Ace, along with the pokeball that contained his Cyndaquil. “I want you to keep Noctowl.”

Allegro looked stunned. “Professor, what about our research?” he said in a whiny voice.

Professor Elm laughed. “What better way is there to research the abilities of Noctowl than have him travel with a trainer? Ace can give us reports on Noctowl’s growth whenever he finds the time.”

Ace’s expression was a mixture of shock and elation. “Thank you so much professor!” Ace smiled before shouting “Alright, I caught Noctowl!”

Jenna rolled her eyes and took the pokeball containing her Chikorita from the tray; she placed the pokeball in her pocket. “Okay Ace, I’m going to go say goodbye to my parents. Meet me at the outskirts of town in a few minutes.” And with that, Jenna turned and exited the lab.

Ace turned to leave, but was stopped by Professor Oak. “Before you leave Ace, let me tell you something about your Pokedex.” Oak stopped for a second before continuing. “Your Pokedex, along with Jenna’s, is part of a set of three. Professor Elm gave the other Pokedex to a trainer who came earlier to receive a starter Pokemon.” Oak smiled. “Your Pokedex will beep when you get near another Pokedex of the set, though since you and Jenna will be traveling together, your Pokedexes will synchronize so that they will be use to being around each other.”

Ace nodded at this new information. “Okay, so I can use this to meet up with the other Pokedex owner, but why do our Pokedexes do this?” Ace asked curiously.

Oak smiled. “All Pokedexes are part of a set of three. It’s to foster a sense of companionship between Pokedex holders. I’ll be interested in learning how things turn out between you and the other Pokedex holder. By the way, do you have a Pokegear?”

Ace nodded slowly; he was confused by the sudden shift in conversation.

“May I see it?” Oak asked with his hand out stretched.

Ace took the Pokegear off his wrist and handed it the professor.

Oak took the Pokegear and played around with it for a few seconds. “There, now my phone number is in your phonebook. I also took the liberty of programming Professor Elm’s number.” Oak handed Ace the Pokegear.

Ace looked excited, but managed to control his fan boy urges. “Thanks a lot professor!” Ace strapped the Pokegear onto his left wrist and smiled. “I’ll be sure to keep in contact with all of you.” Ace said to the two professors and Allegro. Ace then turned and ran out of the lab.

Professor Elm chuckled. “That boy certainly is filled with energy” he said after Ace had left the lab.

“Yes, but he reminds me of another young trainer I know.” Professor Oak said with a smile on his face. “I wonder if Ace can go as far as that trainer has.”

Last edited:

JD

I really like this fan fic so far but I do agree the characters still can use a little bit more character developments

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Thanks for the comment Mudkip43. I'm going to try to develop all the characters as best I can.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Chapter 4: Saying Goodbye

Ace ran through the streets of New Bark Town. The young trainer was on his way back to his house. Ace ran past people he knew without any greetings; he wanted to get home quickly and tell his mother about the adventure he had went on that day. Ace finally reached the two story house he had lived in his entire life and sprinted up the steps of the front porch and through the front door. “Mom, hey mom!” Ace shouted as he entered the house. “I’m home!”

Before Ace could take more than three steps past the front door, he was forcefully thrown backwards and landed with a thud at the bottom of the front porch. Suddenly, a purple blur shot from out of the front door and landed on Ace.

Ace felt the air leave his lungs; if he didn’t get whatever was on him off of him soon, it would be all over for him. “Get off of me” Ace said as he tried to swallow some air.

The purple creature bared sharp looking teeth and sniffed Ace’s face. The creature growled and looked as if he was about to go in for the kill.

Ace cringed; he felt light headed and his vision was going blurry. “Get off me…you stupid…” at that moment, Ace heard a sharp whistle, that seemed to have come from miles away, though that might have been due to Ace’s current condition.

The whistle came from the front door of the house. “Okay Bruno, that’s enough” Ace’s mother made her way down the front porch, her long black hair swinging in the breeze. Mrs. Gold appraised the situation with her critical storm colored eyes. “Honestly Ace, you should know better than scurrying into the house like that, especially when Bruno is in guard dog mode.” The black haired women scratched the head of the purple beast, which was still pinning Ace down.

The purple creature barked happily and licked Ace’s face before releasing him. Bruno was Mrs. Gold’s Granbull. He was a large purple Pokemon that resembled a pit-bull. Bruno had a black marking around his neck that resembled a spiked dog collar and two matching markings around his wrist, giving him the look of a punk rocker.

Ace laughed lightly as the bulldog Pokemon licked his face. “Sorry mom, but I was really excited to come home and show you my Pokemon.”

Granbull barked excitedly and picked Ace up; he then turned and carried the black haired boy into the house. Ace’s mother followed, chuckling softly to herself.

“Okay Bruno, let him down” Mrs. Gold instructed as they crossed the threshold.

Bruno barked and happily obliged his trainer. The bulldog Pokemon dropped Ace unceremoniously on the floor.

“Whoa, Bruno, be gentle” Ace groaned as he got up and walked over to the living room. “You’re gonna love my Pokemon mom! He’s brave, and tough, and strong, and he's nice too! I think he likes me already, and of course I like him!” Ace was now rambling as he walked in circles.

Mrs. Gold laughed. “Calm down honey. I’m sure you’re Pokemon is wonderful, so why don’t you introduce us?” Mrs. Gold sat down on the couch and pet the head of Bruno, who was now sitting attentively in front of her.

Ace blinked twice and blushed. He laughed embarrassedly as he realized that he must have been rambling. Ace reached into his pocket and pulled out two pokeballs. “Shoot, I almost forgot about Noctowl. I’m sure mom would like to meet him, but I’m not quite sure if it’s safe to let this guy loose so soon. Oh well.” Ace looked up at his mom and began to explain about Noctowl. “Professor Elm sent me and his niece our to capture a Noctowl that had escaped from the lab. I managed to catch it and Professor Elm let me keep him, but he’s a little wild so I don’t wanna let him out right now.”

Mrs. Gold smiled at her son. “You’ve already caught a Pokemon? I’m impressed” Mrs. Gold touched the pokeball which contained Noctowl. “Your father didn’t manage to catch a Pokemon until after he left Cherrygrove City. He would be really proud of you if he was here right now.”

Ace blushed. “Thanks mom. It was nothing though, just luck and some help from Cyndaquil” The black haired trainer said as he tapped Cyndaquil’s pokeball absent mindedly.

Ace’s mother nodded. “Well, the success of a Pokemon trainer is usually caused by luck, skill, and of course the aid of their Pokemon partners.” The black haired women smiled. “It seems that you already have some luck, and of course you have your Pokemon, and skill will come with experience.” She said “Now, let’s see this Cyndaquil of yours.”

Ace nodded and pointed Cyndaquil’s pokeball at the table in front of him. “Come on out Cyndaquil!” Ace shouted as he pressed the button on the front of the pokeball.

A flash of white light shot of the pokeball and landed on the table. The light took the shape of Cyndaquil and once the light died down, the fire mouse Pokemon looked up at Ace’s mother and sneezed.

Ace mother clapped her hands together. “Awww, he’s adorable,” Mrs. Gold said as she examined her son’s first Pokemon. “Did you know that your father started his journey with a Cyndaquil too? His was a feisty little guy.”

Bruno sniffed Cyndaquil curiously; he then barked happily and licked the fire mouse Pokemon. Cyndaquil sneezed and looked up at Ace, as if reminding him that they were on a tight schedule.

“Oh, right, we need to get going!” Ace then explained to his mother how he would be traveling with Professor Elm’s niece and how she was on some quest that he didn’t quite understand.

Ace’s mother nodded, and though she did not try to dissuade her son from going on this journey, she did sound very serious. “Be very careful Ace, don’t take any unnecessary risks and always keep your friends and Pokemon close to you.”

Ace nodded and gave his mother a hug. “Okay, I have to go now,” Ace said “I have to go meet Jenna now.”

Ace’s mother stood. “You’ll need to register for the Pokemon League at a Pokemon Center.” Mrs. Gold pointed to a map of Johto which was on the living room table. “The nearest Pokemon Center is in Cherrygrove City, which is just west of here.”

Ace looked at the map and nodded. “Okay, thanks mom.” Ace returned Cyndaquil to his pokeball, rubbed Bruno on the head, gave his mother one last hug, and ran out the front door and towards the outskirts of town.

Mrs. Gold stood in the doorway and she watched her son run off on the start of his journey. “I can’t help feel a sense of nostalgia…that boy is so much like his father.”

Last edited:
First of all - this story is cliche. I mean, it's nice that you want to commemorate HG/SS being released and all, but, it's the plot of the game, more or less.
Anyway.

Ace ran through the streets of New Bark Town. The young trainer was on his way back to his house. Ace ran past people he knew without any greetings; he wanted to get home quickly and tell his mother about the adventure he had went on that day. Ace finally reached the two story house he had lived in his entire life and sprinted up the steps of the front porch and through the front door. “Mom, hey mom!” Ace shouted as he entered the house. “I’m home!”

Uhm, you don't show anything. You describe New Bark and whatever, but, I have no idea what it is that Ace is thinking, feeling. Does he feel anything about passing people he know so nonchalantly? Does he feel anything about seeing his home again?
NO

Ace felt the air leave his lungs; if he didn’t get whatever was on him off of him soon, it would be all over for him. “Get off of me” Ace said as he tried to swallow some air.

So... a purple blob (because you didn't explain it better) with a sudden om nom nom desire for human flesh is on top of Ace, who can't breathe. But he manages to pull off a sentence?

The whistle came from the front door of the house. “Okay Bruno, that’s enough” Ace’s mother made her way down the front porch, her long black hair swinging in the breeze. Mrs. Gold appraised the situation with her critical storm colored eyes. “Honestly Ace, you should know better than scurrying into the house like that, especially when Bruno is in guard dog mode.” The black haired women scratched the head of the purple beast, which was still pinning Ace down.

The purple creature barked happily and licked Ace’s face before releasing him. Bruno was Mrs. Gold’s Granbull. He was a large purple Pokemon that resembled a pit-bull. Bruno had a black marking around his neck that resembled a spiked dog collar and two matching markings around his wrist, giving him the look of a punk rocker.

wat
watwatwat
So, you're telling me a guard Granbull, that's been around Ace for quite a while, randomly attacks him with the desire to EAT him? And that Granbull goes from rushing on the boy to licking him? Bipolar much?

“Whoa, Bruno, be gentle” Ace groaned as he got up and walked over to the living room. “You’re gonna love my Pokemon mom! He’s brave, and tough, and strong, and he nice too! I think he likes me already, and of course I like him!” Ace was no rambling as he walked in circles.

Of course that Cyndaquil likes him! It's like Yami said, Pokemon in your fic are mindless robots with no personality whatsoever.

A flash of white light shot of the pokeball and landed on the table. The light took the shape of Cyndaquil and once the light died down, the fire mouse Pokemon looked up at Ace’s mother and sneezed.

Okay, we all know what a Cyndaquil looks like, but assume we don't. That Cyndaquil is a fire mouse, that's all you give us. So he can be a flaming two-foot rat, or a small mouse that spontaneously combusted, or... yeah.

Ace mother clapped her hands together. “Awww, he’s adorable,” Mrs. Gold said as she examined her son’s first Pokemon. “Did you know that your father started his journey with a Cyndaquil too? His was a feisty little guy.”

Zing! Another cliche!

“Oh, right, we need to get going!” Ace then explained to his mother how he would be traveling with Professor Elm’s niece and how she was on some quest that he didn’t quite understand.

Ace’s mother nodded, and though she did not try to dissuade her son from going on this journey, she did sound very serious. “Be very careful Ace, don’t take any unnecessary risks and always keep your friends and Pokemon close to you.”

Ace nodded and gave his mother a hug. “Okay, I have to go now,” Ace said “I have to
go meet Jenna now.”

So, that woman is sending her son off into the world, won't see him for about a year, maybe two, and she feels nothing? Ace feels nothing?
/facepalm

This fic isn't creative, you don't show us scenery, you don't describe emotions and feelings. Your characters are flat. Sorry, but that's how it is. Read books, or even good fics here, see how an atmosphere is built up.

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
Its the same old story I'm sure you're all tired of,

Then why are you posting it? As someone who reads a lot of OT fic, you're bascially saying, "After the first line you'll know the entire plot." Why in the world would I want to read this? Why not push yourself and write something that's different? There's not only one way to do an OT and if you don't the OT police come after you.

The lights were still on in one building, the lab of Professor Elm, Pokemon researcher.

First of all, there's a qualifier missing from this sentence. "It was completely dark. The lights were still on in x." doesn't make any sense. If you were to have said, ...however, the lights were still..." changes the whole sentimate of the sentences.

Second, the commas in that last part are all wrong. Mostly because the first one should be a colon. I'm also of the party that you don't need to tell us who Elm is. We're all pokemon fans here. We know. It's copious information.

You know how to write dialogue. Kudos.

“Well professor I think the other trainers will be upset as well.” Allegro retorted. “You see, it appears as if we’re short two Pokedexes.” The man said “I must have accidentally left the other two behind when I went to pick them up from Kanto the other day.”

"And it's not like we have all year to prepare for this or anything. Or should oversupply ourselves in case extra trainers show up. I am an idiot. Fire me now."

Seriously?

You were right. This was literally exactly like every other OT out there.

If even you know it's going to be boring and unbearbale, why not write something interesting?

Further, why does every insist on starting on the first day of the protagonists life and following minute by minute until something interesting happens? Start where the action starts. That in itself would make this 123x more original.

This needs a lot of work, mostly thought. As I tend to, I'm going to recommend you read this as a nice guide of what to do that can hopefully illuminate what you're doing wrong in a deeper and more articulate sense than I can/

However, your writing is mechanically good, which gives me hope. If you really sat down and wrote something engaging, I think you'd be a good writer. That whole "engaging" thing is just pulling you down.

Good luck.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Thanks for the reviews. Act, I'll keep your advice in mind. For my next fanfiction I wont start on the first day, but for now I'm going to continue with this story.

The reason why I explained that Elm is a Pokemon researcher is because I wanted to assume that the reader knew nothing about the Pokemon world. I'll think about the information I'll put into future chapters and whether it needs to be there or not.

I'll work on my coma use and thanks for the compliment on my dialogue. I'm working on the next chapter now, so keep an eye out for it. Once again, thanks for the reviews.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Chapter 5: The road to Cherrygrove City

Ace ran through the main street of town; eager to meet up with Jenna and begin his journey, but then he slowed down. Ace looked around at the houses with their flower boxes and colorful roof tops. He then realized that he wouldn’t get to come back home for a while. “I guess this is goodbye then.” Ace said as he continued towards the outskirts of town.

“Hey Ace, hurry up!” shouted a familiar voice. It was Jenna, and she did not look pleased. She had one hand on her hip and if looks could kill, Ace would be six feet under.

“Did I do something wrong?” Ace asked. Normally he wouldn’t take any of Jenna’s attitude, but he was a little overwhelmed at the moment and couldn’t think of anything else to say to the brown haired girl.

Jenna glared at Ace. “I thought you wanted to ‘hurry and start your journey’, but you’re late already. It’s time to go, so come on.” Jenna turned on her heels and walked out of town.

Ace shrugged and followed after his new travel companion. The black haired trainer recognized the road they were traveling on. It was the same grassy road they had chased Noctowl down just a few hours earlier. He took in the sights as they walked. The two trainers were kicking up dust as they made their way down the dirt road of Route 29. On both sides of the dirt road were large patches of grass and large trees that shaded the trainers from the harsh summer sun.

Jenna looked over at Ace. “So I suppose you’ll want to stop in Cherrygrove first so you can register for the Pokemon league, right?” She asked in an annoyed voice. Her brown eyes looked harsh and unfriendly.

Ace was getting tired of Jenna’s attitude. His grey eyes focused in on her brown ones. “Yeah, I’m going to stop in Cherrygrove and since you’re traveling with me, I guess you’ll be stopping too. I’d also appreciate it if you could be a little more polite when speaking to me from now on.” Without waiting for a response, Ace walked past Jenna and began leading the way down the road and towards Cherrygrove City.

Thirty minutes later, the two trainers were still walking. Ace was enjoying himself. He could hear the sound of Pidgey flying in the trees above. He could see the grass rustle as wild Pokemon ran through their lush green leaves. Ace looked over at Jenna, who did not look happy.
“I think you got us lost. Shouldn’t we have reached Cherrygrove City by now?” The girl asked as she kicked a nearby rock with one of her read sneaker clad feet. The rock rolled off the path and into the nearby grass.

Ace examined the Pokegear on his left wrist. He checked the map and confirmed that they were on the right path. “Nope, we’re going the right way. We should reach Cherrygrove by sundown.” Ace said before closing out of the map.

Jenna groaned as she began fanning herself with her large white hat. “Well fine then, as long as we’re going the right way.” Jenna continued to follow Ace. She refused to be the one to slow them down. She too was on a quest and she wasn’t going to complain, no matter how hot she was or how much her feet were starting to hurt.

Suddenly, a boy with oily black hair leapt from out of the grass and in front of Ace and Jenna. The boy wore a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of brown khakis. His adjusted his thick lenses glasses before pointing at Ace. “You look like a trainer to me” the boy said in a nasally voice. “I won’t let you pass unless you battle me!”

“You have got to be kidding me!” Jenna nearly shouted. “We don’t have time for this. Move it super nerd before I kick your--“

Ace interrupted Jenna. “Jenna, we have to get stronger and the only way that’s going to happen is if we battle with our Pokemon. We can’t go rushing past every challenge.” Ace met the eyes of the oily haired boy. “I’m Ace Gold, and I accept your challenge.”

The boy adjusted his glasses and laughed. “Excellent. Prepare for the thrashing of a lifetime! I, Eugene, shall show no mercy!” The boy reached into his pocket and pulled out a pokeball. He pressed the button and threw the ball in the air, releasing his Pokemon.

A yellow worm like Pokemon emerged from Eugene’s pokeball. It had a sharp looking horn on its round head and another one on the tip of its tail. It had black, beady eyes and small read feet. The Pokemon cried shrilly and moved side to side.

“Let’s see what Pokemon this is.” Ace pulled his red Pokedex from out of his pocket and opened it.

The Pokedex powered on and scanned the Pokemon in front of Ace. A picture of the Pokemon appeared on the screen and a computerized male voice began giving details on the Pokemon. “Weedle, the hairy Pokemon. It eats its weight in leaves every day. It fends off attackers with the needle on its head.”

Ace nodded before closing the Pokedex and returning it to his pocket. “So, that’s a Weedle. Both of my Pokemon should have a type advantage over a bug type like Weedle, but I’m still not sure if Noctowl is ready to cooperate.” Ace pulled a pokeball from out of his pocket. “I won’t risk it though. Come on out, Cyndaquil!” Ace threw the pokeball into the air.
A beam of white light shot out of the pokeball and landed on the ground. The light began to form the tiny fire mouse Pokemon; the rounded head with the long snout and its tiny body. Cyndaquil looked back at Ace and sneezed.

“Okay Cyndaquil, it’s time to battle” Ace smiled encouragingly to his partner. He then looked over at Eugene with a determined look. This was his first battle and he did not want to lose.

Eugene laughed nasally. “I shall make the first move! Behold my sting!” Eugene opened his arms wide and shouted with his face facing the sky. “Weedle, use your Poison Sting!”

Weedle stopped his jerky side to side movement and reared back on his tiny red feet. The hairy Pokemon pointed his horn at Cyndaquil and fired dangerous looking purple needles straight at him.

Ace was startled by the speed at which Eugene had commanded the attack, but quickly recovered. His battle against Noctowl had served to train him against fast opponents. “Cyndaquil, roll out of the way, and then light your fire!”

Cyndaquil rolled up into a boll and rolled out of the path of the Poison Sting, just missing the dangerous needles. Cyndaquil unrolled himself and growled as he ignited the flames on his blue furred back.

Eugene looked furious. “How dare you dodge our sting?” The boy ran a hand through his oily hair. “Weedle, use Tackle!” the trainer commanded.

Ace snapped his fingers and pointed forward. “Okay, that sounds good. Cyndaquil, use your Tackle too!”

Both Pokemon ran forward and clashed with full body Tackles. Neither of the Pokemon gained any ground, so they jumped backwards and landed in front of their respective trainers.

Eugene was shaking with furry. Sweat stains were starting to form on his white shirt. “How dare you cause me so much trouble?” the boy whined. “Weedle, use Poison Sting once more!”

The hairy Pokemon pointed his horn at Cyndaquil and shot the poison barbs towards him.

“Cyndaquil, dodge it!” Ace shouted as the poison needles headed straight for his partner. Ace was really getting into the battle. Sweat had matted his black hair to his forehead and he was shaking with excitement. Ace’s excitement might have been the reason that he didn’t notice the mistake he had just made.

Cyndaquil nodded at Ace and jumped backwards to try and dodge the Poison Sting. Cyndaquil hit something hard and fell forward. There was a tree behind the fire mouse Pokemon which had prevented him from dodging. The poison needles hit their mark, and sent Cyndaquil crashing into the tree behind him.

“Cyndaquil!” Ace shouted. He was already reprimanding himself for allowing his partner to take such a hit. He should have been paying more attention to their surroundings.

Eugene laughed as he watched Cyndaquil shakily get back to his feet. “Take that you two!” the boy shouted as sweat dripped from his oily hair and large sweat stains continued to spread on his once clean white shirt. “I’ll defeat you! Someone like you has no right being a trainer!”

Ace clenched his fist. “Is he right? I made such a foolish mistake…maybe I’m not cut out to be a trainer.”

As these thoughts filled Ace’s head, the flame on Cyndaquil’s back began to grow larger. Cyndaquil turned towards Ace and shouted to get his attention.

Ace met Cyndaquil’s eyes. “You want to keep on battling? Okay then, let’s do it! Use your—“ but before Ace could command an attack, Cyndaquil leapt into battle.

Cyndaquil leapt high into the air and opened his mouth, releasing a stream of red hot embers straight towards Eugene’s Weedle. Not only was the fire on Cyndaquil’s back larger, but their seemed to be a spark in his eyes that wasn’t there previously.

“Whoa, Cyndaquil learned Ember!” Jenna said in amazement; speaking for the first time since the battle had begun. There seemed to be something different about her as well. Her brown eyes which normally held so much scorn and cynicism now had an innocent quality to them. It was as if the battle had awoken some long dormant side of Jenna.

Ace smiled and gave Jenna a thumbs up. “Yeah and with this new attack, we’re going to win this battle.” Ace looked at Eugene’s Weedle, who had tried to dodge the Ember attack, but had failed. The attack had done super effective damage and Ace could tell that Weedle couldn’t hold on much longer. “Okay Cyndaquil give Weedle one more taste of your Ember attack!” Ace shouted and punched the air.

Cyndaquil opened his mouth and shot another stream of red hot embers at his foe. The attack hit its mark and knocked the hairy Pokemon out. Burn marks covered the body of the insect Pokemon as it lay unconscious in front of its trainer.

Eugene stood shaking over his unconscious Weedle. His shirt was now completely drenched in sweat and his oily black hair was stuck to his forehead. The trainer’s thick lenses glasses were slightly crooked which revealed the shocked expression in his eyes. “I…lost? How could I possibly lose? I’m a Pokemon genius and Weedle is my prized partner!” Eugene glared at Ace. “I will get my revenge! Next time we meet I’ll defeat you! You better watch out, because I’ll have stronger Pokemon by then!” Eugene returned Weedle to his pokeball and before Ace or Jenna could say a word, the spastic trainer ran off in the opposite direction.

The two trainers stood in silence for a while before Jenna turned towards Ace and said in a voice dripping with sarcasm: “You better watch out Ace. It looks like you just made a dangerous enemy.” Jenna shook her head and her brown pigtails shook back and forth.

Ace chuckled. “Yeah, he certainly was an interesting opponent. I wonder if we’ll meet again.” Ace mused as he picked up Cyndaquil and patted him lovingly on his blue furred head.

Cyndaquil licked Ace’s cheek before sneezing; extinguishing the flames on his back. The fire mouse Pokemon climbed onto his trainer’s shoulder and made himself comfortable.

Ace smiled at his partner. “Okay, you can travel on my shoulder for a while.” Ace nodded at Jenna and the two began walking again on the path towards Cherrygrove City.

A few minutes later, as the two climbed down a steep ledge made of rocks, Jenna broke the silence by asking Ace a question about his battle. “So, what made you use Cyndaquil in that battle?” She asked in a feigned innocent voice.

Ace swallowed hard as he maneuvered his left foot to a secure rock a few inches below him. His hands were scraped up and he was now wishing he had packed some durable gloves for occasions like this. “What do you mean?” Ace asked, though he knew what Jenna was getting at.

“Well,” Jenna began as she released her grip on the rock she was holding and feel a few feet to a secure ledge below “you have two Pokemon and both of them have type advantage over bug types like that Weedle, but at the start of the battle, Cyndaquil didn’t know any attacks that were strong against bug types.” Jenna waited for Ace to catch up to her.

“What’s your point?” Ace asked in an aggravated tone. He didn’t like the smug look on Jenna’s face as she waited for him on a lower ledge, so he released his grip and fell a few feet to the ledge were Jenna was standing, though his landing was slightly less smooth then hers had been.

Jenna looked at Ace and smiled an acidic grin. “Well, Noctowl already knew Wing Attack, which is strong against bug types, so why didn’t you use him in that battle?”

Ace glared at Jenna and at that moment he wished he could be on this ledge with anyone else. Even the eccentric Eugene would be a better travel companion than this girl who enjoyed tormenting him so. “I picked Cyndaquil over Noctowl, because I wasn’t sure how well our feathered friend would cooperate.”

Jenna looked smug as she continued to maneuver down the ledge. “My uncle didn’t let you keep Noctowl so he could stay in his pokeball all day.” The brown hair girl answered as she took the final step off of the ledge and landed softly on the grass below. “I’m sure he wouldn’t be too happy if you found out you were neglecting that poor Pokemon.”

Ace looked down as his companion furiously. “I am not ‘neglecting’ Noctowl,” he said before jumping off the ledge he was on and landing next to Jenna. Ace turned and looked Jenna dead in the eyes. “I didn’t feel like loosing my first battle because I chose to use a Pokemon with an attitude problem. I’ll use Noctowl after we get some training in and have time to get to know each other.” Ace turned away from Jenna and continued walking towards Cherrygrove City with his Cyndaquil still sitting happily on his shoulder.

Fifteen minutes later, the two trainers were still walking down the path towards Cherrygrove City, though their surroundings were starting to look different. The trees began to thin out and the dirt path was now replaced by a paved road.

“Excuse me you two!” called a cheery looking woman on the path a few feet ahead of Ace and Jenna. The woman wore a pink sweater with a picture of a cute looking yellow mouse Pokemon on the front, which Ace recognized as a Pikachu. There were pokeballs clipped to the belt around her light blue jeans. The lady appeared to be in her mid thirties and looked like a mom all the way from her bob hair cut to her sparkling white tennis shoes. “Would you two happen to be Pokemon trainers?” the woman asked in her sing-song voice.

Ace smiled at the woman and nodded. “Yes ma’am, we’re Pokemon trainers from New Bark Town.” The black haired trainer said; his voice was filled with pride.

“Oh that’s wonderful!” The woman explained. “My name is Nora and I’m on a little hiking trip with my Pokemon. I’ve been looking all over for a trainer to battle, because I’m sure my Pokemon would like some exercise. Would either of you like to battle?” The brown haired woman beamed down at the two trainers.

Ace smiled at the friendly woman, who reminded him a bit of his mother. Jenna however, was not warming up to her so easily. “Fine, I’ll battle you.” Jenna said as she pulled a pokeball from her pocket.

Ace looked taken aback. “Really?” Ace asked as he moved back to give the two trainers some room. “I didn’t think you’d be interested in battling.”

Jenna gave Ace a bored look before turning back to her opponent. “Well, I’m sort of on a schedule and I wouldn’t want you slowing me down with your internal struggle between choosing Cyndaquil or Noctowl. Chikorita and I can handle this one.” Jenna met Nora’s eyes. “Are you ready?”

The woman’s kind eyes now held a determination that seemed out of place on her kind face. “Yes, I’m ready.” Nora held a pokeball in hand and kissed it before throwing it into the air. “Sentret, prepare for battle!” the brown haired woman shouted.

Nora’s pokeball flew in the air and opened, releasing a bright white light. The light landed on the ground in front of its trainer and began to take shape. Two long ears and a bushy looking tail were the first parts of the Pokemon to take shape, followed by the round shape of its body. The light began to fade and the earthy brown color of the Pokemon’s fur was revealed. Sentret’s tail was ringed and alternated in color from dark brown to light brow. A light brown ring pattern adorned the Pokemon’s chest. The scout Pokemon growled as it waited for Jenna to call out her Pokemon.

Jenna examined the Pokemon as she reached into her pocket and pulled out her pink Pokedex. “Who’s that Pokemon?” she mused as she pointed her Pokedex at Sentret.

A picture of the scout Pokemon appeared on the screen of the Pokedex as it began to give Jenna details of the Pokemon in a computerized female voice. “Sentret: the scout Pokemon. It has a very nervous nature. It stands up high on its tail so it can scan wide areas.”

Jenna nodded as she closed her Pokedex and returned it to her pocket. “Okay Chikorita, its time for your official battle début.” Jenna threw her pokeball into the air.

The pokeball flew high in the air before opening and releasing a bright white light, which landed on the ground in front of Jenna and began to take shape. The light took the shape of a small four legged Pokemon with a large leaf on its head. Once the light faded, the spring green color of Chikorita’s skin could be seen. Chikorita began to run in circles around Jenna as she shouted with excitement.

Jenna slapped her forehead as she looked down at her easily excited Pokemon partner. “Chikorita, its time to focus.” The brown haired trainer snapped her fingers and pointed at Sentret. “We’ll start this battle off! Chikorita, use your Tackle attack!”

Chikorita stopped running in circles and charged at Sentret, hitting the scout Pokemon with a full body tackle. Sentret was knocked backwards and Chikorita looked back at her trainer with pride.

Nora nodded. “Okay Sentret, let’s keep up the pressure! Use your Quick Attack!” Nora commanded as she noticed that Chikorita’s guard was down.

Sentret bounced on her powerful tail, before dashing forward quickly and slamming into Chikorita. The scout Pokemon knocked Chikorita into a near by tree.

Jenna shook her head and called out to Chikorita. “That’s what you get for letting your guard down in battle. I hope you learned your lesson.”
Chikorita nodded and skipped back over to Jenna, she then began to rub her body against her trainer’s leg and purr softly.

Jenna sighed exasperatedly. “Chikorita, get back in that battle! Give Sentret another dose of your Tackle attack!”

Chikorita growled cutely before jumping back into battle and rushing Sentret with a full body tackle.

Nora was quick with a counter attack. “Sentret, jump and then use Scratch!” the brown hair woman commanded.

Sentret jumped over Chikorita using her powerful tail, she then came down and used a powerful Scratch attack to stop the leaf Pokemon in her tracks.

Jenna remained calm as she gave her next command. “Stand and use another Tackle attack.”

Chikorita jumped to her feet and began twirling the large leaf on her head. Chikorita growled before launching sharp looking leaves directly at Sentret.

Ace smiled at Jenna. “It looks like Chikorita learned Razor Leaf!” the black haired trainer said excitedly.

Jenna looked at Ace and shrugged. “I commanded a Tackle attack though.” Turning back to the battle, Jenna gave Chikorita another command. “Follow up that Razor Leaf with a Tackle attack!”

Chikorita’s Razor Leaf attack hit Sentret directly in the chest. The scout Pokemon was knocked backwards. Chikorita ran forward and delivered a powerful full body tackle.

Jenna smiled. “Okay, now close range Razor Leaf!” The brown haired trainer commanded.

Chikorita spun her leaf and shot sharp leaves right at Sentret. The attack threw the scout Pokemon a few feet in the air. Sentret landed on the ground with a thud; she was unconscious.

Nora nodded and smiled at Jenna. “Looks like you won.” Nora returned Sentret to her pokeball. “You did a good job my darling” the brown haired woman said to her Pokemon.

Chikorita jumped into Jenna’s arms and licked her face.

Jenna smiled at her Pokemon partner. “You did a good job out there, but we’re going to have to work on your focusing skills.” Jenna said before returning the leaf Pokemon to her pokeball.

“Good job Jenna.” Ace pat his companion on the back. “Looks like we both won our first battles today.”

Jenna turned towards Ace. “I’d be a bit more excited if we had reached Cherrygrove City by now,” she said.

Nora walked over to the two trainers. “If you two are looking for Cherrygrove, then you’re in luck.” Nora smiled and pointed west. “If you cut through that field, you’ll reach Cherrygrove in a few minutes. That’s actually where I live.”

Ace and Jenna couldn’t hide their excitement. “Thanks a lot!” Ace said as he grabbed Jenna’s hand and pulled her in the direction Nora had pointed.

Nora laughed a laugh that sounded like wind chimes. “No problem. It was nice meeting you two. Be careful!” The woman said before turning and continuing on her hike.

Ace and Jenna ran through the field of tall grass and pass two tall oak trees, and as if they had gone through a portal to a fairy land, the two suddenly found themselves in Cherrygrove City: The city of cute and fragrant flowers.

JD

This was a good chapter it seems like tension is rising between Jenna and Ace it's getting interesting

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Thanks for the post Mudkip43. Keep reading to see how Ace and Jenna's relationship turns out.

ClassicalwaterPokemon

This a really good story,If you could please tell me when you post the next chapter please,that would be cool,your doing a good job on the story.

shac

Just finished reading all the chapters.

I think it is quite good. Of course, there is rooms for improvement, but I think you have managed to do a good job till now. Do try to elaborate on the scenarios, and try not to make things repetitive. Remember it's not a game story you are narrating. It's fic. And in a fic people just won't be on their way to Cherrygrove city, and keep meeting random trainers who want to battle. And those trainer won't happen to have low level pokemon just because our protagonist just started their journey and have low level pokemon on them. In real life battle encounters are supposed to be much more random. You did that, kinda, with the sentret lady. And it was believable, but the weedle guy seemed a bit too random. Also the 'attack learning' thing seemed too straightforward. Again it's not the game, it's a real-life thing....show how they are learning, explain the struggle behind performing an attack. Slowly build up a scene, do not just present it. Keep that in mind.

I do hope you will improve with your later chapters, but more than that, I hope you won't quit writing. Keep up! I'll be reading.

P.S. If you are going to maintain a PM list, write me in.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Chapter 6: Jenna's secret mission is revealed!

Ace and Jenny stood in the middle of the path that went through Cherrygrove City. On either side of the path, one could see quaint houses with pink rooftops and large windows to let in sunlight. Each home had a box filled with vibrant flowers under their windows. Though the city was small, it had a pleasantly overpowering smell of fresh flowers. Cherrygrove certainly lived up to its title as the city of cute and fragrant flowers.

Jenna turned her brown eyes towards Ace. “Okay, what now?” Jenna asked in her usual tone of voice. All the excitement and warmth that had seeped into the young trainer’s voice earlier was now gone and replaced with the usual chill of her no nonsense demeanor.

Ace looked at Jenna with his grey eyes and sighed. He thought that they had been bonding and that Jenna would start to open up to him, but he could see now that it would take more than a few Pokemon battles to create a bond between the two trainers. “We should find a Pokemon Center to stay at for the night. I know it’s still early, but we’ll never reach the next town by the end up the day and I’m guessing you’re not in the mood for camping right now.”

Jenna nodded. “You’re right. Our Pokemon need to be healed anyway, so that plan works just fine.” Jenna began walking down the path that lead towards the heart of the city. The brown haired girl walked only a few steps before stopping and turning back towards Ace. “Which way is the Pokemon Center?” The girl asked in an annoyed voice.
Ace laughed quietly to himself as he lifted his left wrist and activated his dark blue Pokegear. Ace checked the local map of Cherrygrove City. “We just keep heading straight and it should be to our right after a while. We can’t miss it.”

Jenna nodded curtly and continued walking in the direction of the Pokemon Center. The brown haired girl had her hands on her hips and seemed to twitch her hips as she walked. Jenna Crystal ran on 100% attitude power.

“You’re welcome,” Ace said to Jenna sarcastically before following his travel companion down the road.

As Ace and Jenna made their way towards the Pokemon center they passed fields of vibrant flowers and people going about their daily business along with their Pokemon. Cherrygrove City was an excellent example of how people, Pokemon, and nature could all live in harmony together. Finally, the two trainers found the Pokemon Center. It was a large, white two-story building with a red roof. In front of the doors of the Pokemon center was a path that lead to the main road and on both sides of this path were well manicured lawns with vivacious flowers.

Ace looked up at the Pokemon Center and smiled, his grey eyes sparkling in the sunlight. “We made it! Now let’s go inside and get our Pokemon healed up,” Ace then turned his attention towards Jenna “then we can talk about this mission of yours.”

Jenna looked taken-a-back for a moment, but quickly regained her composure. “Whatever,” Jenna said with a roll of her eyes “I’m taking a long bath before I talk about anything, and you better not disturb me.” And with that, Jenna pushed past Ace and sashayed through the doors of the Pokemon Center.

Ace shook his head in exasperation and followed Jenna past the automatic doors of the Pokemon Center and into the main lobby. Ace saw Jenna over at a desk towards the end of the lobby and made his way over to her.

A pretty female of about 23 years of age came out of a door behind the front desk. She had fair skin, pink hair, and ocean blue eyes. Her short sleeved dress was the same color as her hair, though a shade or two lighter and has a buttoned collar. The woman wore a white apron over dress and a white nurse’s cap on her head with a red cross design. “Hello, I’m Nurse Joy, may I help you?” The woman asked in a singsong voice.

“Yes” Ace nodded and removed two pokeballs from his pocket. “Nurse Joy, could you please heal my Pokemon?” Ace had heard about Pokemon Centers from his mother and knew that if his Pokemon were ever hurt, he should try and find one immediately. Ace’s mother has also taught him that the proper protocol was to simply ask politely and the Nurse Joy would do anything in her power to help the ailing Pokemon. Apparently, running Pokemon Centers was a family business, and all Pokemon Centers were run by a Nurse Joy.

Nurse Joy smiled a polite smile and took the two pokeballs from Ace, placing them on a tray. “Of course I can.” Nurse Joy turned her attention towards Jenna. “What about you young lady, do you have any Pokemon that need taking care of?”

Jenna nodded, which made her short brown pigtails bounce slightly as well. “My Chikorita was in a battle earlier and could use a bit of rest,” the brown haired trainer said as she pulled a pokeball from her pocket and handed it to the pink haired nurse.

“Of course,” Nurse Joy put Jenna’s pokeball on a separate tray. “Chansey, please come take these Pokemon back to the examination room and begin a normal check up,” Nurse Joy called to a Pokemon a few feet away.

The Pokemon was about as tall as Ace and had an oval shaped body. Chansey’s body was the same light pink color as Nurse Joy’s dress. The Pokemon had a small pink tail and six hair like protrusions on the top of her head; three on each side and dark pink at the tips. The Pokemon wore a nurse’s cap on her head, just like Nurse Joy’s. On the Pokemon’s stomach was a pouch, in which she carried a large white egg.

Ace looked over at Chansey. “I’ve never seen that Pokemon before,” Ace said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his red Pokedex. Ace held up the Pokedex and scanned Chansey with it.

The Pokedex powered on and showed an image of Chansey on its screen. In its computerized voice, the Pokedex began giving a description of Chansey. “Chansey, the Egg Pokemon. It is said to deliver happiness. Being compassionate, it shares its eggs with injured people.”

Ace turned off his Pokedex and returned it to his pocket. “Whoa, Chansey sounds like a really cool Pokemon.”

Chansey moved past Ace and Jenna and picked up the two trays that held their pokeballs. The egg Pokemon then walked behind the front desk and through a pair of automatic doors that lead to the examination room.

Nurse joy turned her ocean blue eyes towards Ace and Jenna. “Is there anything else I can do for you two?” The nurse asked in her singsong voice.

Ace nodded. “I’d like to register for the Pokemon League,” Ace said, the pride in his voice was a palpable.

Nurse Joy smiled at Ace. “Of course, I just need some form of I.D. and I’ll register you right away.”

Ace looked stricken. “Um, I’m not sure if I have anything like that…” Ace said desperately.

Nurse Joy patted Ace’s hand and smiled. “Your Pokedex will work as a form of I.D.” Nurse Joy said kindly. “Each Pokedex has information on its owner.”

Ace looked relieved as he produced his Pokedex and handed it to Nurse Joy. “That’s great. I didn’t know that, so I guess Professor Oak must have forgotten to mention it.” Ace said, though with no malice in his voice.

Nurse Joy slid Ace’s Pokedex into a slot in the computer on her desk and began typing on a keyboard. A picture of Ace appeared on the large screen above the front desk, along with his name, age, and hometown. Then, a green check mark appeared with the words “registered” underneath. Nurse Joy handed Ace back his Pokedex with a smile. “Congratulations, you are now registered for the Johto Pokemon League!”

Ace took back his Pokedex and smiled. “Alright, I’m on my way to becoming the Pokemon League Champion!” Ace shouted.

Jenna rolled her eyes. “Calm down wannabe. We don’t even know where the nearest Pokemon Gym is.” Jenna said snidely.

Nurse Joy pressed a button on her keyboard and a map of Johto appeared on the screen above her. “The nearest Gym is in Violet City,” she said politely. The nurse pressed a button and the city became highlighted on the map. “Its about a days journey from here. If you left early tomorrow morning you could make it there by sundown.”

Ace smiled and thanked Nurse Joy for all her help, he then got a room key from her so he and Jenna could stay the night at the Pokemon Center.

As the two walked away from Nurse Joy and towards their room, Jenna groaned. “I cannot believe I have to share a room with you!” She shouted indignantly as her red shoes clicked on the linoleum floor of the lobby.

Ace looked over at Jenna. “It’s only fair that travel companions share rooms since a lot of trainers stay at Pokemon Centers. It won’t always be like this. If a Pokemon Center is less crowded then we can get our own rooms, but for now we’ll just have to deal with it.”

Jenna rolled her eyes and snatched the room key from Ace’s hand. “I’m taking a bath, so don’t disturb me,” and with that, Jenna twitched off into their room, slamming the door behind her.

Ace looked at the door, shook his head, and walked off towards the cafeteria. Thirty minutes later, Ace was sitting at a table in the cafeteria, which was full of trainers and their Pokemon. Ace was drinking a glass of juice and eating a plate of fries when Jenna walked over to him, looking clean and relaxed.

“I laid my clothes out on my bed when I was taking my bath, and when I got out they were washed and dried,” Jenna said with a smile before she sat down at the table with Ace. The brown haired girl took a fry from Ace’s place and popped it into her mouth.

Ace looked at Jenna. “Okay, so are you going to tell me about your mission now?” Ace asked in a cautious voice. Jenna seemed happier than usual and he hated to ruin her mood.

Jenna’s eyes hardened in response to Ace’s question, but then they softened again and she sighed in defeat. “I suppose I have no choice,” the brown haired trainer said. Jenna pulled out a red notebook from her bag. Jenna opened the book to the first page and pulled out a snapshot of a young boy of about 13 years of age. “This is my brother, Desmond,” Jenna began in a quiet voice.

The boy in the picture had the same brown hair as his sister, only his was cut in a short buzz cut. His eyes were brown and friendly looking and he had a slight tan from traveling. Desmond wore a red long sleeved shirt with a white pokeball design on the chest and dark blue jeans. He had a mischievous smile, but it was still a kind one. On Desmond’s shoulder was a green Pokemon with a pink bulb on its back. The Pokemon was smiling and seemed to be very comfortable around Desmond.

Ace looked up from the photo. “Your brother is a Pokemon trainer?” Ace asked quietly. He wasn’t sure where this story was going, but he could tell from Jenna’s tone that it was a serious one.

Jenna nodded. “Yes, my brother is an amazing trainer. He came in the top 4 of the Johto League,” Jenna said proudly. The brown haired girl pointed to the Pokemon on Desmond’s shoulder. “That’s Ivysaur. My brother got him as a Bulbasaur and they’ve been together since my brother first started his journey.” Jenna’s lips formed a small, involuntary smile as she remembered some happy memory.

“Where is your brother now?” Ace asked in a serious voice. His grey eyes which were normally bright and happy were now hard and serious.

Jenna looked at Ace and laughed humorlessly. “Desmond went missing two years ago; he was last seen in Ecruteak City, but when the search parties went to look for him, all they found was this,” Jenna tapped the red notebook “his journal.”

Ace looked shocked. “Missing? Are there any clues that could help explain what happened to him?”

Jenna shrugged. “This journal is the best clue I’ve got. He updated it daily and there’s one reaccuring theme that I think might have to do with his disappearance.” Jenna flipped to a page in the journal. “Apparently, my brother ran into some gang a few times during the first year of his journey, that was five years ago. As Desmond collected his badges he would often find this gang committing various minor crimes and Desmond being the good guy that he is would stand up to them. According to his journal, he always managed to defeat these guys when he ran into them and by the end of his Gym Badge collecting journey; the gang seemed to have disbanded.” Jenna took a few minutes to compose her thoughts. “After the Pokemon League, when Desmond was eleven, he went to Kanto to train for 2 years,” Jenna continued “when he returned at age thirteen he was a very powerful trainer.” Jenna touched the snapshot of her brother. “This photo was taken when Desmond returned from Kanto.”

Ace sat patiently and waited for Jenna to finish collecting her thoughts. Ace thought that he vaguely remembered parts of this story. After all, Desmond Crystal was from his town, and New Bark wasn’t a very large town. Still, Ace hadn’t known Jenna or her family very well, so he suppose he wouldn’t know the entire story.

Jenna cleared her throat and continued her story. “According the Desmond’s journal, shortly after returning to Johto he began to hear rumors about the gang he thought he had disbanded. Apparently this gang had become bolder and had become less like a gang and more like…some sort of organization. Of course they were staying under the radar of the police, since all their crimes appeared to be unrelated. When my brother first started encountering them, they were just a ragtag group of mediocre trainers. Desmond wasn’t even sure if they were lead by the same person.” Jenna stopped and composed her thoughts. “Desmond went to investigate, because he figured he had to finish what he started. According to Desmond’s journal, he discovered that the gang was having a meeting of sorts in Ecruteak City, so he went there to see what it was about. The last entry in the journal stated that he discovered that the meeting was a crowning of sorts for the new leader of the gang and that the gang would soon put some nefarious plan into action. Desmond wrote that he was going to infiltrate the meeting to get evidence the police could use to arrest members of the gang, but Desmond was never seen again after writing that entry.” Jenna closed the journal and returned it to her bag. “I know that gang has something to do with Desmond’s disappearance, so I will find them and find out what they did with my brother.” The conviction in her voice was palpable.

Ace took a moment to take in all the information Jenna had told him. This mission of hers was more dangerous than he had thought, but he had made a promise to Professor Elm that he would travel with Jenna and he intended on keeping it. Still, Ace wasn’t sure what he and Jenna could do about this gang. They had no real idea on where to start looking and they didn’t even know what the gang was planning. Questions were swirling around in Ace’s head, but when he looked up at Jenna he asked the first one that came to mind; “What’s the name of this gang?”

Jenna looked at Ace with her brown eyes and spat the name of the gang out as if it were a curse; “Team Renaissance; they call themselves Team Renaissance.”

Last edited:

JD

Cool a new chapter! It's nice to find out why Jenna wanted to travel and to find out about her brother. I'm looking foward to the next chapter keep up tr good work :)

shac

I liked the new chapter. It's a bit too short though...........no action whatsoever. Could have done with some actions in it.

Keep up the good work!

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Thanks for the input Shac. Thats one chapter I just wanted to get out of the way. Had to give Jenna's back story and of course it was very dialogue heavy. I hope the next chapter makes up for Chapter 6's lack of action.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Chapter 7: Blazing Beach Battle!

Later that night, Ace lay awake thinking about what Jenna had told him earlier that day. Ace had his hands behind his head as he tried to fall asleep in one of the comfortable beds the Pokemon Centers provided to traveling trainers, but no matter how long he sat in bed, he could not fall asleep. “This is no good! I have to wake up early tomorrow, but I can’t even fall asleep!” Ace pushed the white sheets of the bed off of him and sat at the edge of the bed. He was wearing black shorts and a white T-shirt and his black hair was messy from lying in bed. Ace looked down at Cyndaquil, who was sleeping soundly on the same pillow Ace’s head had been seconds before. The black haired trainer looked over to the other side of the room to see that his companion, Jenna, was sleeping just as comfortably as Cyndaquil. The brown haired girl had the covers pulled up to her chin and her back was to Ace. On Jenna’s bed slept her partner Pokemon, Chikorita. Ace sighed and got up, making his way over to the window of their room. The boy opened the window and inhaled the sweet night air of Cherrygrove City. Ace began to think to himself. “Somewhere out there, Jenna’s brother is waiting for her to come and find him. Jenna is so determined…who knew that she could be so passionate about something?” Ace turned and looked at Jenna and his lips formed into a small smile.

The next morning, Ace and Jenna were dressed and standing in the lobby of the Pokemon Center. It was half past six and the two trainers were about to start out for the day. “Okay, let’s get going! Its time to make our way towards Violet City!” Ace picked up his Cyndaquil and placed him on his shoulder.

Jenna rolled her eyes as she adjusted her yellow bag on her shoulder. Jenna then made sure her hat was in place properly before turning to Ace and responding. “Stop talking and let’s go. You’re kind of annoying this early in the morning. You’re way too chipper.” And without saying another word, Jenna turned and sashayed out of the automatic doors of the Pokemon Center.

Ace sighed. “That girl is a real handful, right Cyndaquil?”

Cyndaquil responded by licking Ace’s cheek and sneezing.

Ace shook his head and laughed; he then adjusted the straps of his backpack and ran after Jenna.

Early morning light made the flowers of Cherrygrove City seem paler than they had yesterday when Ace and Jenna first saw them. The two trainers were following the one street that went through the whole town, towards the Northern exit. As the two trainers continued on their way, they overheard some commotion coming from a small beach at the Western edge of the town.

“I wonder what’s going on over there,” Ace said. The black haired trainer had stopped walking and was now looking in the direction of the noise.

Jenna had her hands on her hips and was tapping her right foot. “We don’t have time for this, let’s go already.” Jenna glared at Ace with her harsh brown eyes.

“It looks like a Pokemon battle!” Ace had been slowly making his way towards the commotion and was now a few feet ahead of Jenna. Ace turned towards his companion. “We should go check it out. Remember what your uncle said about just rushing through our journey. We should take time to see the sights and check things like this out.”

Jenna glared at Ace for a few more seconds before her gaze softened and she sighed exasperatedly. “Fine, we can go check it out, but only for a few minutes. I want to reach Violet City by sundown.”

Jenna had Ace at “fine”. The black haired trainer ran towards the beach where a large crowd of people were watching a battle between two trainers.

Jenna caught up to Ace as he joined the crowd of people. “There sure are a lot of people awake considering how early it is.” Jenna noticed.

Ace was enthralled by the battle, though from the looks of it it was a very one sided battle. “Look at that way that girl and her Pokemon are working in sync! Jenna, she’s amazing!”

The girl Ace was referring to was about 2 inches taller than him, which meant she was 5’5”. The girl was wearing a forest green sweater and black spandex work out pants along with black sneakers with green shoe laces. The girl had curly red hair that fell a few inches past her shoulders and fair skin. Her eyes were emerald green and had intensity to them that was brought upon by the Pokemon battle. “Charizard, it’s time to wrap this up!” The girl shouted to her Pokemon partner.

Charizard was an orange dragon looking Pokemon. The Pokemon was about 5’7” and had a long neck. Charizard’s long tail was tipped with an intense looking flame. Charizard scratched his cream colored belly with his sharp claws and winked at his trainer. Obviously Charizard thought this battle was beneath him and was ready to be done with it. Charizard opened his large wings to reveal that their undersides were blue like his eyes. Charizard roared, putting on a show for the crowd, before taking off into the sky and getting ready for a final attack.

Ace looked on in amazement. “I’ve never seen a Pokemon like that before!” Ace pulled his Pokedex from out of his pocket and scanned Charizard with it.

The Pokedex began giving a description of Charizard in its computerized voice. “Charizard, the Flame Pokemon, and the final form of Charmander; it is said that Charizard’s fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles.”

Ace returned his Pokedex to his pocket and looked up at Cyndaquil, whom was still sitting on his shoulder. “So Charizard is a fire type Pokemon. Let’s pay attention to see how a high level fire type battles.”

Cyndaquil nodded and put all of his attention on the battle. The fire mouse Pokemon looked odd. Obviously Cyndaquil was too cute to pull off the serious look.

“Kakuna, you have to dodge the attack! Jump to the left! No, don’t just stand there, jump!” Shouted a nasally voice.

Ace and Jenna had been so enthralled by the powerful Charizard and his trainer that they hadn’t even noticed who the girl was battling. The nasally voice was familiar to both Ace and Jenna. The two trainers observed the greasy black hair that fell in curtains around the boy’s bespectacled face. Ace recognized the sweat stains on the boys white dress shirt as signs of a stressful battle. The greasy haired boy’s brown khakis were grass stained and showed signs of travel.

“It’s Eugene!” Ace said to Jenna as they both recognized the trainer Ace had defeated just yesterday. “It looks like he’s found himself someone new to battle.”

“It looks like he’s not doing to well this time either,” Jenna s******ed as she watched Eugene fumble about on the battle field, trying to get his Pokemon to move.

The Pokemon Eugene was battling with, Kakuna, was about two feet tall and dark yellow in color. The Pokemon had beady black eyes and no limbs, as if it were a living cocoon.

Jenna pulled out her pink Pokedex and scanned Kakuna. “Who’s that Pokemon?” Jenna asked aloud as her Pokedex began giving her the details on Kakuna.

“Kakuna, the Cocoon Pokemon, and the evolved form of Weedle; while awaiting evolution, it hides from predators under leaves and in nooks of branches.”

Jenna returned her Pokedex to her pocket. “So it’s a bug type Pokemon. That’s not a very good match up against a fire type like Charizard,” Jenna observed.

Ace was shocked by Jenna’s knowledge of Pokemon type advantage, but he didn’t let it show. “Yeah, and from what your Pokedex said, I’m guessing that Kakuna evolved from the Weedle me and Cyndaquil battle yesterday.”

Cyndaquil growled in the general direction of Kakuna. The flames on the fire mouse’s back ignited and brushed against Ace’s cheek, though not enough to burn.

Jenna nodded at Ace. “That makes sense. I’ve heard that bug type Pokemon evolve faster than Pokemon of other types. I bet Weddle evolved shortly after your battle yesterday. Now watch, I think that Charizard is moving in for a final attack.”

The Flame Pokemon dived towards Kakuna and roared loudly. Charizard’s wings were outstretched as he raced towards his opponent.

Charizard’s red headed trainer pointed at Kakuna and issued a command to Charizard. “Charizard, finish it with your Flamethrower attack!” The intensity that filled the girl’s emerald green eyes was now audible in her voice as she battle in sync with her partner.

Charizard flew 360 degrees around Kakuna and hovered a few feet above the Cocoon Pokemon. Charizard opened his mouth wide, revealing his sharp fangs. The Flame Pokemon shot a powerful blast of reddish orange flames at Kakuna.

Eugene was now pulling his greasy black hair. “Kakuna, dodge the attack!” Eugene was shouting now, but to no avail.

Kakuna looked back at his trainer with an expression that seemed to say “You idiot, does it look like I’m capable of moving on my own?” before being hit by the full force of Charizard’s Flamethrower.

“No!” Eugene shouted as the flames engulfed his Pokemon. The trainer was still pulling at his greasy black hair as he fell to his knees.

Ace observed the scene and felt pity for Eugene. “He must really be worried about his Pokemon. That poor guy.” Ace was about to go and comfort Eugene when the greasy haired trainer began speaking again.

“I can’t believe I lost! My strategy was perfect! It must have been Kakuna’s fault! If he had just dodged we would have won for sure!” Eugene was fuming now as he stood up and began stamping his feet.

Jenna began laughing at the look on Ace’s face. “I cannot believe you were feeling sorry for that guy. You should have known after yesterday that Eugene is a total creep. I doubt that he’s capable of feeling sorry for anyone but himself.”

The flames that had engulfed Kakuna had died down and the Cocoon Pokemon now lay unconscious on the sandy floor of the beach. Eugene pulled out a pokeball and returned Kakuna to it.

The red haired girl made her way over to Eugene. Now that the battle was over, the intensity in her eyes was gone and her emerald colored eyes appeared to be softer. “That was a great battle mate. That Kakuna of yours had some great defense strength.” The girl held out her hand for Eugene to shake.

Eugene scowled at the girl and ignored her outreached hand. “I won’t forget this! Next time we battle you will feel my sting!” Eugene ran a hand through his greasy black hair before turning on his heals and running away from the crowd.

The crowd started to disperse, but as they left they continued to chatter about the battle they had just witnessed. The red headed girl watched with a look of slight confusion as Eugene ran away.

Ace and Jenna made their way over to the girl. “Don’t worry about Eugene. He’s always acting like that.” Ace said comfortingly.

The girl blinked her emerald green eyes and turned to face Ace and Jenna. Her Charizard had landed and was now standing next to her. “Oh, well okay then,” the girl said as she examined Ace and Jenna. When her eyes fell upon Cyndaquil, they lit up with excitement. “Hello there. And who is this wee fellow?” The girl stretched out a hand and scratched Cyndaquil’s chin. “I’ve never seen a Pokemon like you before.” The girl reached into her back pocket and pulled out a red device. The girl flipped open the rectangular device and pointed it at Cyndaquil.

A computerized voice came from the device as it gave a description of Cyndaquil. “Cyndaquil, the fire mouse Pokemon; it usually stays hunched over. If it is angry or surprised, it shoots flames out of its back.”

The red haired girl nodded and shut the device.

“Whoa, is that a Pokedex?” Ace asked excitedly His grey eyes lit up at the sight of the device.

The girl nodded. “Yeah. So you guys know about Pokedexes?” She asked n her clear, yet slightly accented voice.

Ace nodded as both he and Jenna removed their Pokedexes from their pockets. “We both have a Pokedex of our own, though ours look different than yours.” Ace held his Pokedex out for the girl to examine.

The girl whistled. “Well ain’t that a fancy little thing. You two must have the upgraded Johto Pokedex Professor Oak was telling me about.”

Ace’s eyes lit up at the mention of his idol, Professor Oak, but he managed to keep his fan boy urges under control since he was that Jenna was watching him out of the corner of her eye.

This here is the Kanto model of the Pokedex. I just got it upgraded a couple of weeks ago.” The red haired girl said as she held out her Pokedex for Ace and Jenna to examine. “You should have seen this thing before it got the upgrade. It use to have twenty-two buttons! Can you believe that? It looks like yours don’t even have buttons though.”

Jenna nodded proudly and flipped open her pink Pokedex. “You’re right. Our Pokedexes are completely touch screen operated.”

“Wicked!” The red haired girl said before putting her own Pokedex back in her back pocket. The girl snapped her fingers suddenly. “How rude of me, I didn’t even introduce myself!” The girl looked at Jenna and then at Ace. “I’m Megan Flynn, but you can just call me Meg. It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

“I’m Ace Gold, and its great meeting you too!” Ace said as he examined Megan. She appeared to be about 15 years of age. She had light freckles on her face that suggested that she was use to traveling.

Jenna returned her own Pokedex to her pocket and introduced herself, as if it were a last minute decision. “I’m Jenna Crystal. It’s nice to meet you.”

Charizard looked Jenna in the eyes before winging and flexing his arm muscles. The Flame Pokemon was showing off the result of a lot of training.

Jenna stared at Charizard for a few seconds before laughing quite candidly. “Wow, that Charizard of yours is something else.” Jenna wiped her eyes and looked Megan in the eyes. “If I had a Pokemon I’d offer to trade you something for him.”

Ace looked at Jenna with a shocked expression. Not only had she just laughed, for real, but she was showing interest in something. Jenna was full of surprises today.

Meg smiled and looked at Jenna. “Charizard is kind of a ham. He loves showing off.” The red haired girl patted Charizard’s arm. “I find it hard to believe that you don’t have a single Pokemon though.”

Jenna pulled a pokeball from out of her pocket and examined it. “Well, I do have Chikorita, but I wouldn’t trade her. She’s my first Pokemon.”

Ace looked at Jenna. Once again, this girl had left him speechless. Jenna, who rarely showed emotions other than disdain and annoyance, was starting to act like she could actually care about another creature other than herself.

Meg smiled. “I know how you feel. I started my journey two years ago with Charizard back when he was a tiny Charmander. I was 13 years old and me and this big guy here didn’t get along at all.” Meg’s eyes looked dreamy as she remembered some memory.

Ace looked shocked once again. “Really? You guys were so in sync out there in the battle field, that I find it hard to believe you guys haven’t always been close friends.”

Meg nodded. “Well, like any relationship, it takes time for a trainer and Pokemon to become close. It was a bumpy road, but me and Charizard here eventually came to trust and care for each other. Now we’re best friend.”

Charizard bent his head down to Meg’s level and nuzzled her cheek. A low growl formed in the Flame Pokemon’s throat, but it was an affectionate growl that was more like a purr. Only, one would never say that such a ferocious looking creature had purred.

Ace thought about what Meg had just said and his thoughts drifted to Noctowl, whom he had not taken out of his pokeball since he caught him yesterday. How long would it take for that Owl Pokemon to trust Ace?
Jenna interrupted Ace’s thoughts by asking Meg a question. “So, are you taking part in the Johto League?” The brown haired girl asked earnestly. It was still odd for Ace to see Jenna taking interest in someone.

Meg nodded and pulled a green tin case from out of a black backpack at her feet. Meg popped open the lid to reveal three metal badges. “These are Gym badges. You need 8 of these wee things from a region to participate in its League. I collected 8 in Kanto last year and entered the Kanto League. I came in top 8 of that there tournament.”

Ace looked at the badges admiringly. “You already have 3 from Johto. How long have you been traveling in this region?”

Meg closed her badge case and returned it to her bag. “Oh, I’ve been here for about a week.”

Ace’s jaw dropped. “You’ve only been here a week and you’ve already beat 3 gym leaders?” Ace was no longer enthralled by this girl, he was now thoroughly impressed.

Meg laughed a hearty laugh. “That’s right. Me and Charizard flew from one gym to another when we first got here, but after our 3rd gym battle we got bored and decided to come back here and walk through the rest of our journey here in Johto.”

A determined look came across Ace’s face. Ace met Meg’s green eyes with his grey ones. “Meg, will you and Charizard battle against me and Cyndaquil? We want to enter the Johto League too, so battling you will be great practice.”

Cyndaquil growled at Charizard and the flames on his back grew even larger. Charizard used his claws to give Cyndaquil a “bring it on” gesture.

Meg looked at Ace and smiled sadly. “I’m afraid it wouldn’t be much of a battle Ace. I can tell you and Cyndaquil are still green behind the ears. I’m sorry, but I respectfully refuse your challenge.”

Ace looked crest fallen. The black haired trainer’s grey eyes fell and his head dropped. “Oh…I understand.”

Cyndaquil’s flames died down. The fire mouse’s emotions were matching those of his trainer.

Jenna looked furious. “How dare you! If Ace wants a battle, who are you to refuse him! I mean-“ Jenna would have continued for a while, which surprised Ace, if Meg had not cut her off.

“I won’t battle you yet Ace. I can tell that with a little more experience you can be a really tough opponent.” Meg reached out and lifted Ace’s left arm. The red headed girl pressed a few buttons on Ace’s blue Pokegear before dropping his arm. Meg then pulled out her own black Pokegear from her pocket and pressed a few buttons. “Call me once you have…four gym badges. Then we’ll have a battle, I promise you that.” Meg looked at the time on her Pokegear. “Blimey, I really need to get going! I’m wasting day light!” Meg climbed on the back of her Charizard. “I’ll see you two soon! Good luck getting those badges Ace!”

Charizard winked at Jenna before opening his powerful wings and taking off into the sky. The Flame Pokemon roared and shot a blast of fire into the air before speeding off, North of Cherrygrove City. Meg was right about Charizard; he was always showing off.

Ace looked at Jenna. She had surprised him so many times today, and it was only 7 in the morning, but what had shocked him most of all was the fact that she had defended him. Ace opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by Jenna’s cutting voice.

“Close your mouth trainer boy, or you’ll catch flies.” Jenna turned and began walking towards the Northern exit of the city. “If you want to challenge Meg, then you’ll have to get those gym badges, and you’re not going to get them standing around here all day. Don’t forget I have my own plans, so you better no slow me down.” And without saying another word, Jenna sashayed away.

Ace looked at Jenna. Conflicting emotions were swirling in his head when he remembered what Meg had said: “Well, like any relationship, it takes time for a trainer and Pokemon to become close.”Ace began to think that maybe in time, he and Jenna could possibly be…friends.

Jenna shouted back to Ace, interrupting his thoughts. “Didn’t I tell you not to slow me down? Honestly, I’ve seen Slowpoke move faster than you! Let’s go!”

Ace shook his head. “I don’t know what I was thinking.” Ace made sure Cyndaquil was still securely on his shoulder, before running after Jenna and leaving Cherrygrove City behind.

Last edited:

JD

Good Chapter, Its nice to see Eugene return and that his Weedle evolved Meg seems like a interesting character and I'd like to see her and Ace battle. Oh one question does Ace still have Noctowl?

shac

Good chapter, yeah! I am already liking Meg. Can't wait for Ace to have four gym badges now. Are we gonna have the first gym battle next chapter?