• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Julia Joruneys Kanto Preview

Legend of Lucario

Songwriter
Julia kept walking along a long, narrow path that was winding down to Pallet Town. The dirt was a sanded board colored brown. Julia kept constantly looking at her light pink flip flops anytime she walked, making sure that the dirt would not stick to the bottom. She started to walk and dig through her purse at the same time which probably wasn’t the smartest thing because she might forget to turn when the path turned and walked right into tall grasses. Pokemon lived in tall grass. She might have gotten attacked if she didn’t watch her steps.

“This is ssoo stupid!” Julia said to herself. She dug around in her purse some more until she pulled out two black hair bands. She started to tie her long and flowing sandy blonde hair back into a pony tail. She kept on walking. She was disgusted by all the sweat and bug Pokemon around. She didn’t understand why she had to walk to Pallet Town all the way from Saffron City. This was far. Saffron City was the largest city and it was located in the middle of the Kanto region. She had to walk to the south west to a small town named Pallet Town to get her first Pokemon.

Julia pulled out the a picture of the three Pokemon that she had to choose from. She scanned it over and she seemed to look at two of them. There names were Squirtle and Charmander. Charmander was a fire type Pokemon. It was shaped like a lizard that stood on two legs. It was orange with two big blue eyes that everyone thought was cute. Two teeth came out to give another sign of cuteness but fang like as if it could be ferocious. Fire burned at the tip of its tail. That fire determined Charmander’s Life. If the flame went out, Charmander could die! Underneath its body it was white.

Squirtle was almost the complete opposite of Charmander. It was a water type Pokemon shaped like a turtle. Squirtle was blue with a red shell. Underneath the shell it was white with line patterns. Squirtle’s tail was white and looked like a fluff. It had brown eyes and it had cute appeal. Squirtle was cute and sometimes could be bred smaller. Most girls chose to take Squirtle because it was cute and it was big and protective once it evolved.

Julia’s phone started to ring. She rolled her eyes because she did not want to answer it. She was only ten and her mom had gotten it for her for the journey. She had none of her friend’s numbers and there was no way to make communication with them. She found the pink little phone and flipped it open. She put it to her ear.

“Hello,” she said.

“Hey honey,” her mom replied, “how is your journey going?”

“I haven’t gotten to Pallet Town yet,” she said in the same tone as her mom.

“Oh well tell me when you get there,” her mom said a little annoyed.

“Okay,” Julia said impatiently.

She shut her cell phone and put it back into her purse. She pulled her white shirt off of her body. She didn’t really want to wear white because if it got wet she was in trouble, but at least she wouldn’t get hot. She had on blue jean shorts and those pink flip flops that she kept checking on every five seconds like her something was going to happen to them. She rolled her eyes and trudged on looking at the sky. Every now and again a bird Pokemon would fly to another tree. She knew that she was going to be a part of that. Catching Pokemon and traveling.

“Hey you!” Julia heard a voice. She looked up and closed her eyes like she was about to cry. A boy was standing there. She shook his brown long hair back.

“What do you want?” Julia said annoyed.

“Battle me!” He said excitedly.

“I’d love to,” Julia said exciting him, “but I don’t have a Pokemon to kick your butt with!”

The boy just rolled his eyes and turned and passed her in the other direction. Julia just kept on walking until she came across a big wooden sign. It read “Pallet Town Two Miles Ahead.” Julia was happy now. She was almost there and she could get her a Charmander or a Squirtle. She started to run. Her foot started to hurt because she wasn’t wearing shoes that were good to run in being that they were flip flops. She started walking again and stopped paying attention. There was a couple of hills and just over them she could see the small little town. It was a very small town with houses all in a row. The colors were the same too. White walls on the outside and red-orange roofs. It seemed pretty bland to her. Then over in the northwest she could barely see a huge white building on top of a hill.

“Pallet Town is right there!” Julia said to herself excitedly.

She took off down the hill. She didn’t even care that she was wearing flip flops she just kept on running. Then she realized something. There was tall grass at the bottom of that hill. She tried to slow down. She couldn’t make herself come to a stop let alone slow herself down. She panicked and ran right into the tall grass. She stopped then! Looking around she didn’t see any Pokemon around that she could harm with her feet. She walked in an east direction to get out of the tall lush grass. She kept walking until a loud squeal let out from under her foot.

“Shoot!” Julia said to herself. She looked down to see her fate. A little purple mouse was under her foot. It looked up at her and started to make growling noises. She moved her foot and ran out of the grass. She tripped and fell. Turning over in pain ; she saw the Rattata swarming her. They were little Pokemon with red eyes and two buck teeth that could tear someone up. They head white underbelly and a long curly tail.

“Uh, sorry?” Julia said in question.

They still swarmed around her. She stood up and without thinking she took off up the hill. Now she had a reason to run to the city besides getting a Pokemon. She kept running. Half way up the hill she fell down and turned painfully.

(I'm proofreading all of this still so if you see any grammatical errors that are bad let me know. Tell me if you like it hate it or is it too cliche please let me know.)

Yami Ryu

You mis-described Squirtle, as even shiny squirtle doesn't look like that, the other description for the other pokemon is also stiff and akward. The interaction between Julia and her mother is also a bit.. bland. And also shows she doesn't care about her daughter cause if one has to walk from Saffron City to Pallet town on their own..

But guess you have happy go lucky game-verse going or something.

But even then there's trucks and cars and I'm sure a professor would rather have a trainer on time, then a trainer five months late, half dead and moaning out 'give me my pokemon, professor Oak... give me my pokemoooon' in a morbid death rattle.

And to be honest while it's not 'cliche' exactly, it's stiff and bland. There's little here outside a slight twist, on the 'trainer obtaining pokemon from professor' deal. I suggest you read some books for better interaction examples of people, and Advice for Aspiring Authors.

And maybe give a reason as to why Julia has to walk all the way from Saffron to Pallet Town, and why her mother is so nonchalant about it.