• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Jump & Dodrio Berry Picking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
FireRed and LeafGreen introduced the Joyful Game Corner, which included two mini-games: Pokemon Jump and Dodrio Berry Picking, both of which required the Game Boy Advance Wireless Adapter. Did you ever play them? What were your high scores?

I disliked the Pokemon Jump game because I sucked at it, though I got 2,000 points in the Dodrio game, which earned me a Trainer star lol.

Kalosian

So long
I never played these minigames much. I didn't care much about them for the longest time, then when I finally got around to playing them, I realized that I needed a third game, system and wireless adapter just to play the Dodrio game. While I could have used Emerald as the game, I was still missing a system and an adapter. So I never played it. As for the jumping minigame, I tried it once and I guess it was okay, but I didn't really feel like playing it a lot. I could have tried to get 2000 points in both games to get the final Trainer Card Upgrade, but due the lack of the third system needed for the Dodrio game, I never did it. Overall, they felt like okay minigames, but as said, I never played them much.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I was never able to play these games because I only have one wireless adapter. During the Gen III era, I didn't really care about not being able to play the games as they just didn't seem interesting to me, but now I kind of wish I did have the chance to experience them (especially since I now know about the Trainer Card upgrade associated with them).
I have considered buying more adapters online, but I don't know if I'll actually ever get around to that.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I have considered buying more adapters online, but I don't know if I'll actually ever get around to that.

It's a waste of money to buy those adapters now just to play these mini-games IMO. I mean, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to completing all the in-game tasks, but even I'm not that dedicated to LG/FR. :p

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I tried both the Pokemon Jump and Dodrio Berry Picking games with my friends back when the Kanto remakes first came out. I was bad at both of them however hee hee and I don't even remember what my high scores were. I wish my wireless adapters still worked so I could play them again tho. ^^;

I only tried these mini-games for the sake of upgrading my Trainer Card's stars in FireRed, but I didn't even have the patience to do 200 jumps or get 200 Berries in those games. I don't know anyone who did.

Shayuin

Banned
I was horrible at these games and since I lost my wireless adapter, I only played Pokemon Jump & Dodrio Berry Picking a few times.

ZilverLox

Banned
Is it bad that I didn't even know about these mini games till a few years ago? I knew that there was a Game Corner on Two Island, but I didn't own the adapter, so I never played the games. :(

Alloutℯ

Banned
I did well on these mini-games when I used to play the Kanto remakes, though I never got the high score that I needed for the upgraded Trainer Card.

PkmnTrainerJ

I remember playing these maybe twice with a friend who had FR/LG too, but I don't think we really re-visited it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was an expert at the Berry Picking mini-game, although this was ages ago when I had friends who played the Kanto remakes with me. I managed to get a score of two thousand points at one point however, which felt great.

Daizy

I call you honey
The jumping rope game was my favorite and it seemed easier than the berry picking game. I didn't think that the mini-games were needed though. They seemed fun but pointless.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't think that the mini-games were needed though. They seemed fun but pointless.

I wouldn't agree that they were pointless since they gave the wireless adapter device another purpose other than trading and battling. Besides, getting a high score on the Pokemon Jump and Dodrio games was necessary to upgrade the Trainer Card.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I used to play these with my brother a lot.

....I don't remember if berry picking gave you any actual berries or not when you won at it....

Status
Not open for further replies.