• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Leaf Green help!

superyellowduck

Ace Trainer
So I have four team members in Leaf Green. I know that I will end up with a Dragonite - probably anyway. My problem is that I cannot use egg moves since breeding isn't available till after E4. Also, I can't trade to Emerald to give Alakazam the Elemental punches - unless I was to do this by other means... Anyway, my team are as follows:

Victreebel

Razor Lead
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder
Return

Lapras

Surf
Ice Beam
Confuse Ray
Body Slam

Charizard

Fly
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Steel Wing

Alakazam

Calm Mind
Psychic
Shock Wave
Recover

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I think your team is just as... Fine? Sure, you can't breed, but you can go through E4.
But...

Charizard
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Rock Slide
Earthquake
This will leave you with a neutral coverage. You do know how to work with this right? EQ+RS will leave you with a neutral coverage, so does Flamethrower+DC+EQ. This way you can past through E4 'like a breeze'.

Lapras
Thunder Bolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Return
Again, coverage. Everything in-game involves coverage. The so know Bolt Beam is suggested to Lapras. Since its SpAtk isn't spectacular, Lapras needs to hit most things for, at least, neutral damage, and Bolt Beam + Return pretty much allows that. Surf and Ice Beam also are STAB, so you will deal reasonably good damage. It would be better if you had a Starmie, though, but you can go with Lapras.

That's all folk, good luck!

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I wouldn't teach Alakazam any of the punches, as its base physical attack stat is awful.

I won't even loose my time explaining that Ice/Fire/Eletric moves are all special attacks in this gen, so it'll use his SpAtk nor his Atk stat. Oh wait, I've explained...(?)

InfernapeFan

Pokemon Master
You could try a Nidoking or Heracross for more coverage.

Heracross
Adamant
Moveset:
Swords Dance
Brick Break
Megahorn
Rock Slide

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I haven't really made a 3rd Gen rate in a while, so bear with me.

You could try a Nidoking or Heracross for more coverage.

Heracross can only be obtained after beating the Elite Four, and Nidoking dosen't have the most workable movepool, iirc.

I'd keep Body Slam on Lapras; sure it has 17 less BP, assuming max happiness, but the Paraylsis can be useful so that Lapras takes less hits and kills stuff faster.

You seem a bit Rock weak, and you don't have any resists right now. How about Machamp? iirc standard set is Bulk Up / Brick Break / Rock Slide / Earthquake. Though, then you would have to replace some of Charizard's moves, but tbh Brick Break can be used instead of Rock Slide.

InfernapeFan

Pokemon Master
Sorry, forgot about that.

If your lapras has water absorb as its ability you could use a rhydon

Rhydon
Jolly
Rockhead (no recoil)
Moveset:
-EQ
-Megahorn
-Rock Blast
-Double Edge

You'll have to level grind a little bit for this and the double edge move tutor is found at the end of Victory Road.

Hope this helps.

kankoon11

What the hell are you talking about??? Nidoking has the best move pool EVER!!!

Special sweeper

Flamethrowr

Thunderbolt

Ice beam

Surf.

Or.......

Earthquake

Megahorn

Shadow ball

Sludge bomb

So what! No man can make fun of my ugly monster and get away with it