• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon league patterns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's possible. It would be nice for Gible or one of his water types to get another chance to evolve.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
I won't lie I look at BW and can't help but feel it is almost filler. If it was a full on continuation like Hoenn and Sinnoh and did not try to be Kanto 2.0 I 'm sure Ash could of got second if not win it. If they did not regress him I could see him with Dewott,Semistoad,Emboar,Serpiror and maybe a Scrafty. (Might of just been Scraggy however) TBH I'm shocked he made Top 8. He hardly did training compared to other regions so Top 8 is lucky. Really hope that training persona of his returns

I agree, if ash really wanted to contend, he could have had his current team, while evolving snivy to serperior, palpitoad to seismitoad and maybe oshawott or scraggy
That would've given him more power, while keeping a scrub or two so he don't seem OP

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Normally I would agree that we could see the old teammates again...but this last league threw out all my expectations. I thought it was obvious with the number of reserves had this time around that he'd make Top 4 quite easily in one of the weakest leagues to date, turns out the writers felt he should do worst though. Would I like to see him do this?, sure...am I expecting it?, no.

they could've done that to make people realize Ash isn't always going to rank the same way everytime, after all that would get as repeptitive as some of the other things that are repetitive.

Plus given that the unova league had more participants than the sinnoh league, Ash sorta did come out the same way when it came to the number of trainers he faught.

J Ken

RAVE
they could've done that to make people realize Ash isn't always going to rank the same way everytime, after all that would get as repeptitive as some of the other things that are repetitive.

Plus given that the unova league had more participants than the sinnoh league, Ash sorta did come out the same way when it came to the number of trainers he faught.

Actually I think they just skipped over the prelims in Sinnoh. xD

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Actually I think they just skipped over the prelims in Sinnoh. xD

there would've been some mention if that was the case but it wasn't, we went from Ash checking out his older guys to jumping straight into the tournament, unless you want to say his fight with nando was preliminary.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Usually prelims are 1 on 1s while Ash and Nando was a 3 on 3. It could have been a Sinnoh League exclusive but I'm honestly not sure.

Ash VS Nando wasn't a prelim. The prelims in Sinnoh were off screen. Remember all the people registering and then it cuts to night and shows 64 trainers left?

pokeaussie37

League-wise, I'm liking the idea of the even-numbered generations being the, somewhat more, serious challenges during the saga. I'm envisioning a hark back to just catching the five Pokemon, maybe a sixth later on. As a side-note, I'd personally like a return to one starter per main character, but I don't think that will happen as they won't be treated equally, and hopefully Ash will just have two rather than all three. Thinking that he will take training and gyms quite seriously and that we'll see some good strategy (Ash style, of course) and battling, and a strong contender for the League. I think he will choose his League teams from a 12 Pokemon squad i.e. Pikachu, six Pokemon caught in Kalos, plus five reserves.

Guess it will come in due time, hoping for and expecting one of Ash's more serious pushes for the trophy. Largely what made Hoenn, BF and Sinnoh for me!

NPT

Just a member
I think it'd be nice if Ash brings his old pokemon in Kalos league, but his Kalos team should also get a good amount of screentime.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Weren't there only 64 entrants in the Sinnoh League? So Ash vs Nando was the very first battle for him. Not that it matters.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
No there no pattern , the writer can surprise us like what they did with BW ( :D :D <-with i kinda happy about even with bad execution)
so just see what gonna happen :p
maybe they gonna bring back old pokemon but make ash place like top 8 or top 4 or maybe top 16 XD ( i kinda wish it top 2 for make up to Unova league but never gonna have high expectation again)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
AG and Best Wishes were both intended to be reboots. And its sad when the AG version of Ash was a better and more competent trainer than his BW counterpart, showing how his team and skills did worse in the league even if it was the same rank.

We can just attribute it to Unova having a worse competition field.
- Trip: Psychotic Alder fanboi that had his story run out after the JC.
- Bianca: Ditz/klutz/female - To all my ladyfriends, hate the game, not the player. Compare her to Katie, and you can only concur to the difference of quality.
- Cameron: Alzheimers
- Stephan: Steroid4brains
- Virgil: Well.. You know how he let those Eeveelutions mate with eachother and produce new Eevee's, that mate with eachother.. Game of Thrones-stuff.. Eww..
- Katharine: Let a Gothita run her team, got top8 as well.. o.0

So yeah, I'm surprised an awesome trainer such as Dino just didn't get to win. He seemed to have the entire package: Precursory sighting, Ash fought him once, a decent pool of usable pokemon, and an okay design. But no, Incesteon-dude had to win..

He will win a league when he evolves his Pokemon. Look at the Silver Conference for example. He came so close because his Pokemon were evolved.

And the only reason he didnt win Sinnoh is because Tobias had those legendary Pokemon.

Silver Conference? He only came 'close' (top8) because of Snorlax and Charizard being beasts beyond compare. In fact, lets compare the Top8-campaign casts:

Silver Conference: 3 were fully evolved, 3 single staged, 1 evolved once, 6 hadn't evolved. 2/3 fully evolved were captured in that form: Muk and Noctowl.
- Pikachu: Unevolved.
- Bulbasaur: Unevolved
- Squirtle: Unevolved
- Charizard: Fully evolved
- Muk: Fully evolved
- Tauros: Single Stage
- Snorlax: Single Stage (back then).
- Heracross: Single Stage

- Bayleef: Mid stage
- Totodile: Unevolved
- Cyndaquil: Unevolved
- Noctowl: Fully evolved
- Phanpy: Unevolved

Evergrande Conference: 2 fully evolved, 1 single staged, 1 evolved once, and 2 didn't evolve.
- Pikachu: Unevolved
- Swellow: Fully evolved
- Grovyle: Evolved once
- Corphish: Unevolved
- Torkoal: Single stage
- Glalie: Fully evolved

Unova Disasterence: 3 fully evolved, 3 at mid stage, 4 unevolved.
- Pikachu: Unevolved
- Unfezant: Fully evolved
- Oshawott: Unevolved
- Pignite: Evolved once
- Snivy: Unevolved
- Scraggy: Unevolved
- Leavanny: Fully evolved
- Palpitoad: Midstage
- Boldore: Evolved once
- Krookodile: Fully evolved

What have we learned?
- If Ash has a mid staged regional starter, then he's likely to get Top8: Bayleef, Grovyle and Pignite.
- If Ash has 3 fully evolved pokemon, or less then 4 unevolved pokemon, then he's able to get Top8 as well.

Meaning, that if Ash's Kalos team consists of:
- Pikachu
- Fully evolved Birdread Talonflame
- Fully evolved Starter/Wildcardread Chespin fully evolved
- Fully evolved Wildcard2read Litleo fully evolved
- Midstage Starterread Froakie midstage
- Unevolved critterread Pancham
- Unevolved critterread... DARN

That Ash is certainly getting Top8 again. PEACE OUT!

A sort of pattern as well is Ash not facinng game Rivals in the League.

Barry was defeated by Paul and Bianca by Koetetsu. It could be cause their are Blond !!! ++++

Breaking the comparison once more:
- Barry was defeated by Paul, who was defeated by Ash.
- Bianca was defeated by Cameron, who was NOT defeated by Ash.

No comparison.

there would've been some mention if that was the case but it wasn't, we went from Ash checking out his older guys to jumping straight into the tournament, unless you want to say his fight with nando was preliminary.

Still a better preliminary then Ash vs. Trip.. o_o

Weren't there only 64 entrants in the Sinnoh League? So Ash vs Nando was the very first battle for him. Not that it matters.

Exactly, Ash got the unofficial runner-up spot in Sinnoh, while the only trainer better then him (in competition) had solo'd the entire region with a single pokemon. Therefore, it doesn't matter that the actual league only had 64 entrants, because we know that the winner solo'd the entire region anyway, and it was Ash that made him use two.

Off topic, but is 'powned/pwned' not a trendy word to say anymore? I've opted to use 'solo'd', because Kenpachi still being alive in Bleach and it seeming more trendy.

The only pattern is that Ash loses every league no matter how hard he tries.

Bazinga.. o.0

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I remember people saying Ash having more pokemon in Unova would make the battles more interesting and yet the Unova league turned out to be the worst league yet. And not because of the way Ash lost, but even the actual battles were lackluster.

I'll say this again, Ash capturing more than 6 pokemon a saga is a disaster. Ash works better with a small team.

J Ken

RAVE
We also don't need 5 rivals for a league. It could have been fine with 3 rivals but they went and had 5 of them. The first two introduced rivals were both beat by the 2nd League episode, the rival who was treated way to good compared to the others got to last long despite already getting a tournament win and the 4th well he curbstomped Ash because of Ash's naive nature. Heck the 5th rival literally was just there to be there.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
We also don't need 5 rivals for a league. It could have been fine with 3 rivals but they went and had 5 of them. The first two introduced rivals were both beat by the 2nd League episode, the rival who was treated way to good compared to the others got to last long despite already getting a tournament win and the 4th well he curbstomped Ash because of Ash's naive nature. Heck the 5th rival literally was just there to be there.

I kinda think we do, the more the merrier one of the merits of this leauge was that on top of rivals, we saw a lot of old characters, thats something that should have been implemented way before, they just diodn't give them bigger battles that was the issue, Kenyan figth was better than any 3vs3 battles in Sinnoh league for example and I like Satoshi vs Kohei a lot also.

J Ken

RAVE
I kinda think we do, the more the merrier one of the merits of this leauge was that on top of rivals, we saw a lot of old characters, thats something that should have been implemented way before, they just diodn't give them bigger battles that was the issue, Kenyan figth was better than any 3vs3 battles in Sinnoh league for example and I like Satoshi vs Kohei a lot also.

Yeah your right but it just feels weird seeing COTDs we never thought we would see come back and get higher then the main cast. Also seeing a bunch of people we have seen get curbstomped on screen just doesn't do well in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.