• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon league patterns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I never really got why Trip wasn't handled any differently after he met Alder. I know ratings don't effect the anime but if the writers were really looking at popularity then they'd look at the ratings or something, since most of the episodes he appears in have fairly well received views.

I don't think he's meant to be handled like Paul and only the main rival out of the group of rivals, nothing. Idk, maybe.

J Ken

RAVE
They cared more about comedy which is what the other rivals were for. (Yes even Georgia) Besides if the league proved anything it's that Ash is probably still weaker then anyone who isn't called Stephan and Bianca.

BlueDragonfangirl

Eh in all fairness none of the other League rivals were all that popular either. They just stayed since none of them were really that pressured and some of them were actually meant to win the tournament or beat Ash.

The only ones I can think of that was with AG series, though Ash didn't have a rival. oh yah, that Ash clone kind of counts I this I guess, don't think he was popular, at least not on here but Japan might feel different.

Edit;

I think for some reason this series they cared about ratings, why else would DA have been made? Full of Kanto Pokemon, that are popular? this was supposed. Be a region full of Pokemon we've never of before yet.

Not to mention that Team Rocket returned back to comical.

Last edited:

J Ken

RAVE
The only ones I can think of that was with AG series, though Ash didn't have a rival. oh yah, that Ash clone kind of counts I this I guess, don't think he was popular, at least not on here but Japan might feel different.
I think for some reason this series they cared about ratings, why else would DA have been made? Full of Kanto Pokemon, that are popular? this was supposed. Be a region full of Pokemon we've never of before yet.

Not to mention that Team Rocket returned back to comical.

Oh my bad I meant the Unova League Rivals. xD None of them were all that popular, Trip wasn't just because he was lacking in the eyes of most because he came after Paul who was actually handled well, Bianca was static and started annoying most people, no one really cared for Stephan, Cameron was hated as soon as he was confirmed to beat Ash and Virgil well most people saw him as a walking Eevee advertisement.

Yeah that's pretty true. Though they could have saved the trouble by not heavily advertising the whole Unova has no other region Pokemon angle.

BlueDragonfangirl

Oh my bad I meant the Unova League Rivals. xD None of them were all that popular, Trip wasn't just because he was lacking in the eyes of most because he came after Paul who was actually handled well, Bianca was static and started annoying most people, no one really cared for Stephan, Cameron was hated as soon as he was confirmed to beat Ash and Virgil well most people saw him as a walking Eevee advertisement.

Yeah that's pretty true. Though they could have saved the trouble by not heavily advertising the whole Unova has no other region Pokemon
angle.

Virgil was treated as a joke man, he didn't even get to battle Ash in the league, that says a lot, every rival who always wins the league battles him, no one could take him seriously LOL. Ontop of that fought guy who won against Ash due to a last second evolution, UGH Never come back!! hopefully the league in the X and Y series is done better than that.

Yah, I agree they shouldn't have over advertised the whole all new thing with this series, feels fake now.

J Ken

RAVE
Virgil was treated as a joke man, he didn't even get to battle Ash in the league, that says a lot, every rival who always wins the league battles him, no one could take him seriously LOL. Ontop of that fought guy who won against Ash due to a last second evolution, UGH Never come back!! hopefully the league in the X and Y series is done better than that.

Yah, I agree they shouldn't have over advertised the whole all new thing with this series, feels fake now.

He was treated as a joke. But weren't the only rivals that won the league after beating Ash, Tyson and Tobias? xD But the fact he didn't even battle him was a waste. Well to be honest Ash won with that kind of luck/hax pretty often in BW. lol I'm sure it wil be done better unless they pull something like Ash regressing even further.

They tried to make it Kanto 2.0 but they failed since they had no nostalgia to support them so they fell back on using those old Pokemon to make up for it

BlueDragonfangirl

He was treated as a joke. But weren't the only rivals that won the league after beating Ash, Tyson and Tobias? xD But the fact he didn't even battle him was a waste. Well to be honest Ash won with that kind of luck/hax pretty often in BW. lol I'm sure it wil be done better unless they pull something like Ash regressing even further.

They tried to make it Kanto 2.0 but they failed since they had no nostalgia to support them so they fell back on using those old Pokemon to make up for it

Na, at least those guys gave Ash a good fight, they proved why they should have won the league, Virgil won due to Advertisement plot bah.

How else could they make re progress? Kanto 2.0 is all they can do, right?

I agree with those who said the writers were lost after they had to ditch the Team Rocket V.S Team Plasma plot, they just seemed all over the place.

Last edited:

J Ken

RAVE
Na, at least those guys gave Ash a good fight, they proved why they should have won the league, Virgil won due to Advertisement plot bah.

How else could they make re progress? Kanto 2.0 is all they can do, right?

I agree with those who said the writers were lost after they had to ditch the Team Rocket V.S Team Plasma plot, they just seemed all over the place.

Your right. But Virgil proved it by sweeping Cameron who beat Ash in a handicap.

To ensure that the series continues forever yes that is what they can do.

Eh this series was doomed to fail after they nerfed Ash so hard and barely tried with him or his rivals.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Your right. But Virgil proved it by sweeping Cameron who beat Ash in a handicap.

To ensure that the series continues forever yes that is what they can do.

Eh this series was doomed to fail after they nerfed Ash so hard and barely tried with him or his rivals.

You know something, I had actually laughed when Cameron lost to Virgi. It just seemed weird how Ash lost yet he had all these powerful pokemon and lost to someone with a bucnh of eevee evolutions. The writers really can troll can't they?

However, I just hope that the next league is much better. Maybe a top 2 rank would be a joy.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
You know something, I had actually laughed when Cameron lost to Virgi. It just seemed weird how Ash lost yet he had all these powerful pokemon and lost to someone with a bucnh of eevee evolutions. The writers really can troll can't they?

However, I just hope that the next league is much better. Maybe a top 2 rank would be a joy.

Well eeveelutions, especially a full team o them aren't really a walk in the park, because of their high diversity they can be difficult to handle

Well eeveelutions, especially a full team o them aren't really a walk in the park, because of their high diversity they can be difficult to handle

Not to mention the fact that Virgil switches out quite often. There's a very good chance Cameron could have beaten them if Lucario managed to beat Flareon. Besides we all know Cameron doensn't like switching and pits his Pokemon against 4x weak stuff. Someone who switches out quite often is his worst enemy.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Not to mention the fact that Virgil switches out quite often. There's a very good chance Cameron could have beaten them if Lucario managed to beat Flareon. Besides we all know Cameron doensn't like switching and pits his Pokemon against 4x weak stuff. Someone who switches out quite often is his worst enemy.

That pretty much sums it up :p

Although really, Cameron's worst enemy is one with a properly working Brain, as Ash and pretty much all his Rivals were so incredibly idiotic in most Battle choices (although Cameron's obsession with 4x Weaknesses topped it all).

Derpfisk

King of the derps
Every second gen, ash has used his old pokemon, do you think this will continue to his next league in kalos?

Also, in Sinnoh, many of ash's pokemon werent used in battle? Was this intentional to set up which pokes return in the kalos league?

Other topics may be discussed including amount of rivals desired, and how far you think ash will come in XY

1. Yes, I think it's a good idea to use his old pokemon next gen, but hopefully his real team for kalos is stronger then unova
2. No idea? But it was sad to see Donphan and torkoal go down so easily, and see heracross being used twice instead of allowing others to have a chance
3. 2 rivals? Male and female,
4. Top 2 atleast! It's about time for him to win one by now anyways haha

Graham Aker

Hopefully the writers aren't lulzing around with the next league and we get better displays for Ash's Pokemon. Not sure how we went from Sinnoh League to this, it's not like we had different writers. Part of the problem, was that not much effort seemed to be put into Unova League because it wasn't the last thing in the series.

Graham Aker

I wouldn't be surprised if he just got Top 8 over and over again from now on. It doesn't seem like the writers are interested in really improving him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.