• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Legend of the Avatar (Johto)

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Leo stood in Ecruteak City. As was usual, the others had rushed off to do whateve it was they did, leaving him alone. He preferred it that way, somewhat.

"Ecruteak City," he said. It was a large milestone on his journey in Johto. Here, he would win his fourth badge. Here, he would come halfway to reaching the Pokemon League. Here he would...

Get some stupid immature five year old somehow hitting his head with a taco from twenty metres away. Leo removed the food from his face and calmly threw it onto the floor, ignoring all protests. When an outraged father marched over to him, demanding payment for the ruined taco, Leo simply used his Firebending to heat the mans foot to painful level and send him running away, screaming for the fire brigade and his lawyer.

"Pathetic," Leo muttered, storming away. He had already had enough of Ecruteak and he had spent ten minutes there. He wandered through the streets aimlessly, trying to find something to break the endless monotony. He found himself standing next to a sign with somethinf blocking the sun in front of him. He looked up and saw an immense tower of grey stone, like a fortress. Plates of metal bounced light off of the neat, sturdy construction.

"Tin Tower," Leo spoke sadly.

"One day, I'll reach the top of that tower!" Kris announced excitedly "and I'll see the whole of Johto and touch the sky!"

"It was her dream," Leo whispered "her dream to get up there. A dream she'll never fulfil, becuase of me and my stupid adventurous spirit!" He screamed the last words, drawing glances from people around him who didn't care. He resented it.

They watched, yet how many knew or cared that the light in Leo's life had gone out four years before? How many cared what the boy had endured to reach the city, what pain he had suffered over four years of anguish and grief? Who cared about one dead girl and the grieving boy left behind to love her with all his heart and to endure the agony of knowing she was gone? Who knew what Leo had gone through in the Ruins of Alph, seeing Kris restored to life and then having her die in his arms?

"No one," Leo growled "none of you. Not one stupid ignorant human or Pokemon. You live your happy lives, you don't know my pain. What I've gone through, what I suffered for four years, it's just some deep nightmare to you! Why should I suffer alone?!" He roared his fury and pain to the sky, to the shining tower and his hate that there could be such a beautiful thing left after Kris had died, after the last beautiful thing in Leo's life had left him.

"WHY?!" Leo screamed "ANSWER ME!" The crowd scattered as he roared his pain and loss, as he let his agony and grief become his being, his voice.

And soon it was over and he fell to his knees, no longer feeling rage sear through his veins like boiling blood and no longer giving voice to his pain. All that was left was pure unrelenting grief and sadness. Tears fell onto the cold unfeeling stone below Leo and he wished with all his heart that someone else understood his pain and felt it with him. Not even his closest friends, his Pokemon, understood the terrible agony inside him. He was alone inside a darkness where he could bring no light.

"I am alone," he whispered, watching the shadows of people passing by and knwoing they didn't care about one grieving boy kneeling before a monument to the people's hope that there was a chance of their light returning.

On a sign before Leo was a stone etching of a phoenix shaped Pokemon. Leo knew its name and what it brought, but he no longer cared about empty promises of happiness and joy, he knew his happiness was something he no longer had.

He resented the phoenix and yet hoped it could cure the poison in his heart. And he longed for Ho-oh to help him.

Brando95

Dazzle 'em, Milotic!
(And there ends another chapter of Leo's Tear- Jerking Story)

Damion didn't believe that Kurt wanted to have a fight with Damion. To his luck, he heard screams coming from outside of the Contest Hall. "Well... looks like I'll go see what that is..." He said as he rushed towards the exit. He ran through the audimatic doors and towards the Tin Tower where Leo was kneeling.

Damion sighed. "Not again..." He thought as he was too tired to cheer Leo up this time. "Leo, are you okay?" He asked.
------------------

Pearla looked at the big ghost pokemon. "Gengar..." She whispered. "That must be one tough pokemon!" She then said, louder.

"It is." Matt answered. "I wonder how it'll do against Steve, though. He isn't a push- over."

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
(I'd get used to it. Seriously, this is going to really be recurring. Not that I want this to be utterly focused on Leo, I'll probably damp it down as he goes through Hoenn and Sinnoh.)
Leo looked at Damion.

"You know I'm not okay," he replied quietly "everyone sees it, but they don't care. That's my problem, Damion. No one understands what I've been through. Not even you and the others." He sighed and looked at the carving of Ho-oh. He felt a long way away from any hope.

"You were there in the Ruins of Alph, you and Pearla saw Kris," he said "you saw her die. Again. How can I take this, Damion? How can I live with pain like this? This isn't something I can just take some pill to deal with." He grasped a Poke Ball on his belt and released the Pokemon inside, needing someone close to him. Someone who knew him.

It was Sentret. She saw his tears and instantly moved to brush them away with her paws. Leo didn't stop her, it was comforting having someone brush away his tears like his mother used to, before Kris had died and Leo had forced himself away from the cruel, uncaring world.

"I'm jealous of you, Damion," he said "every time I look at you and Pearla together, it reminds me of what I'll never have. I'll never be with Kris, not ever again. I've promised myself something impossible."

"Tret," Sentret said soothingly as she brushed his tears away and sang softly, reminding Leo of times long since gone, when he would be crying and his mother would comfort him, brushing away his tears and singing softly.

He considered letting go of his final dark secret, but held it tight. No one but him would ever know that, unless it no longer mattered who knew.

Torpoleon

Steve was to fixated on the battle to see Pearla and Zach arrive. Gengar hovered over Bellsprout, trying to scare, Bellsprout. It was working. Gengar leaned over to Bellsprout. This was his chance."Energy ball!" Steve commanded. A green ball of energy with a lot of different colors came out and his Gengar with a big explosion.

Gengar was sent flying, and hit the wal, but, easily got up. Gengar was much tougher then Haunter, Steve could tell by the way Gengar battled."Dream eater!" Morty yelled. Bellsprout was daydreaming about something bad because that is the effect of Dream eater."Psybeam!" He commanded. The Psybeam hit Bellsprout head on and Bellsprout had x's indictaing he lost.

Steve returned Bellsprout and a grabbed another Pokeball."Go Heracross!" Steve yelled, as he threw the white and red ball with great force, and out came his bug Pokemon, Heracross.

"Hypnosis!" cried Morty. The Hypnosis went stragight for Heracross wanting to make her fall asleep, Steve smiled, he had a plan.

"SilverWind and don't hold back!" the young boy cried. Both moves collided but, Hypnosis doesn't send a beam or something ,so, Gengar took the hit. Gengar was still standing super angry, this time."Finish it with Aerial ace!" He yelled. Heracross went streaming fast to hit Gengar.

"Counter with Mach punch!" Morty yelled. Both moves collided and Heracross lost and Genagr prevailed. Steve was down to his last Pokemon, and Morty had 2 left, but, Genagr was tired and his next pokemon is ready.

Brando95

Dazzle 'em, Milotic!
"I'm jealous of you, Damion," he said "every time I look at you and Pearla together, it reminds me of what I'll never have. I'll never be with Kris, not ever again. I've promised myself something impossible."

Damion blushed at the sound of that. When he sees him and Pearla together? "Uh..." He said. "I guess I... don't know how you feel. I've always lived a normal life. I grew up in Snowpoint City, went to school, lived happily with my family. I never really realized how bad other people had it. I never appreciated what I had. I never realized how horrible the rest of the world was." He said.

"Don't worry." He said. "There are many things in this world that are beyond our understanding. Maybe, somehow, Kris will come back. The universe works in mysterious ways." He sighed. He never knew what it was like to lose that you love. The world is a cruel, cruel place. People fall in love and then they die... and there was no way to help it. That's just the way life is. "Don't worry, Leo. I'll help you bring Kris back." He said.

Damion could only imagine how Leo felt. The least that Damion could do was help bring Kris back. If there were only someway that you could bring a person back to life. Dying is a way of life. Maybe it was meant to be. Either way, Damion had to do this for Leo. He knew exactly the way to also. He needed to find Jirachi. He was in Hoenn and could grant wishes. Maybe he'd help Leo's wish come true. But, what if Team Universe had already gotten to Jirachi?

Torpoleon

"Flaffy your my last hope!" He yelled, as Flaffy appeared with excitement exciting her Pokeball. Falffy was excited to be here. Steve hadn't used her for awhile now. Gengar looked very tired, one attack should od the trick."Quick attack!" Steve yelled. Flaffy ran super fast as she went to hit Gengar. Steve knew it wouldn't work , but, he had a plan.

Flaffy was about to go right past the purple Pokemon."Iron tail!" Flaffy spun up and her ail was all metal-like as she hit Gengar on the head, and Gengar's eyes had x's indicating he lost.

Morty returned Genagr, and grabbed a new Pokeball."Go Alakazam!" Morty shouted. A golden-like Pokemon with whiskers appeared and had a spoon. this shocked Steve because Morty is a Ghost-Type Gym leader."Psywave." Morty cried.

"Spark into the Psywave!" Steve shouted. He was taking a big risk because the Psywave could damage Flaffy, but Steve had faith in her.

The moves connected and Flaffy was prevailing, but getting hurt. Flaffy, eventually, got past the Psywave and hit Alakazam. Alakazam went flying and hit the exact spot gengar hit and that spot on the wall crumbled and hit Alakazam.

Alakazam got up still ready to fight."Psybeam!" said Morty. Psybeam headed straight for Flaffy and this Psybeam was no push-over it was strong.

"Counter with Thunderbolt!" said Steve. A bolt of Electricity came out of Flaffy, with the same amount of strength. The 2 moves collided and produced smoke that covered the whole room.

Brando95

Dazzle 'em, Milotic!
Pearla gasped. Alakazam was so strong. It would be hard to win this fight. She looked at her pokeballs. Misdreavus was strong against all three of the types. She'd be a big help.
---------------------

Damion looked at Leo and decided to get him to the PokeCenter to relax. "C'mon, Leo. He said. I think that we should head out to the Pokemon Center. You'll be able to rest there."

He outstretched his hand. Leo grabbed it and Damion helped him up. The two walked over to the PokeCenter. They stayed in the Lobby so that they could relax and have Leo talk out his problems.

"So, why do you blame yourself for Kris's death?" He asked as they relaxed on a couch. "Why do you keep blaming yourself even though you didn't mean harm?"

Torpoleon

(I'm going to finish up the battle, so Bro. 1 can have his battle.)
When the smoke cleared, both Pokemon were standing, but, panting heavily, so either said could win."Use discharge!" Steve shouted. A move almost like Thunderbolt came but was all over the place.

"Psychic on the discharge and make it hit Flaffy." said Morty. A blue aurura surronded the discharge that hit Alakazam a bit, and using his spoon, aimed the discharge towards Flaffy!

"Counter with Thunder!" said Steve. A move actually like Thunderbolt but stronger came out of Flaffy and collided with the discharge. Half of the discharge was destroyed while the rest hit Flaffy.

"Use Psychic again!" said Morty, who made a smile. This time, there was a blue aurura around Flafy and she was being lifted and hit the ceiling then the floor, then the ceiling, and so on.

Steve watched helplessly as Flaffy was hiting the ceiling and floor over and over again. He couldn't bare to see Flaffy treeated like this. So, he had one thing to do......"Stop." said Steve in a calm voice. Alakazam stopped and Flaffy went flying down, but landed on the floor safely."I give up," He said," I will train and challenge you again, soon." He continued.

Morty returnd his Alakazam."Ok. Well, I can't wait to see you battle me again!" He said trying to lift Steve's spirits up. He returnd Flaffy ad headed to the Pokemon center. Matt stayed, because he knew Steve would come back.

Steve came back and Zach was about to battle Morty. After Zach's match is over he will train, because he wants to see how someone else battles. Croconaw felt real said Steve lost.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Andy walked to the gym with Zach to watch his gym battle, he was hoping to get a few tips on how to battle Morty when it came to his battle.

'I nearly forgot Zach, i need to get my pokemon checked out before i have my match, so i'll be back soon'

He ran to the pokemon centre as fast as he could.

'Nurse Joy, could you check out my pokemon for me?' asked Andy.

'No problem' smiled Nurse Joy.

Andy handed over his pokeballs and Togepi, to be checked over.

'This Togepi looks very happy' said Nurse Joy 'but i'll give it a quick checkup anyway'.

'Thanks Nurse Joy' said Andy as he sat down to wait for his pokemon.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Leo knew he was going to lie a second before he did.

"Becuase I should have done something," he said "I should have... I don't know, stopped her or something. I should have tried to do something and stopped them, but I just stayed hidden like a coward." He held his head in his hands and looked at the floor.

"Every day since then I've had to see it again and again in my dreams," Leo said "and I scream at myself to do something, to change it. But I can't change it, not now. I had my chance and I screwed it up. Becuase of it, I've had four years of grieving for her and wishing I had stopped those grunts." He fell silent again, thinking. An odd thought occured to him.

"It's odd," he said "just a week or so ago, I was willing to kill everyone in Team Universe. But now I'm calmer. I don't see any point in letting people die, life is too precious now that I've seen it just... snuffed out like a candle. Now that I've seen the same person die twice, and both times I could have stopped it happening." He looked back to that terrible day, as he did so many times, and he saw Kris running out and himself staying hidden and the inevitable gunshot being fired. The terrible cry of pain and then just silence.

<I never moved,> he thought <not once. How could I have been so selfish and let her die?>

Torpoleon

Zach saw Andy walk in to watch the soon to start gym battle of Zach's. Than Adam came too! "What a surprise to see you!"They both exclaimed. Adam sat down with the crew to watch the match. "Before we start, Morty, can we use 4 Pokemon each?''Zach asked. "Sure! Whatever makes you happy!"Morty exclaimed.

"This will be a 4 on 4 Pokemon battle and only the challenger may substitute. BEGIN!"Sam yelled. "Go Gastly!"Morty yelled. Out popped a floating balck ghost with purple aura surronding him. "(My strategy for when I usesomeone will be different.) Hold up. Eevee, come out to watch the match! And now, Weepinbell come out for the action!"Zach said throwing 2 Poke Balls high up in the air. Eevee, a brown dog/cat like creature went to Zach's side to watch the match. Weepinbell, a green/yellow plant creature went onto the battle field. "Gastly, use Shadow Ball!"Morty commanded Gastly. Gastly made a purple ball form from its mouth and than released it towards Weepinbell! "Vine Whip on the ground than use Knock Off!"Zach exclaimed. Knock off was a move that Zach wanted to teach Weepinbell and he knew it woul get it. Two large vines appeared from Weepinbell and landed on the ground to dodge Shadow Ball and Weepinbell headed to Gastly with Knock Off. The move hit it dead on and than Zach said,"Use Rzor Leaf!" Razor sharp leaves appeared from Weepinbell hitting Gastly ad knocking it out.

"Zach, I am amazed at you. But you wontbe able to beat my next one! Go Haunter and use Shadow Punch!"Morty yelled. A purple hand appeared from Haunter's hand which headed straight for Weepinbell! "Knock off again!"ZAch said. Weepinbell did as told but it failed and Weepinbell got hit dead on from Shaodow Punch, knocking it out! "Wow. Weepinbell, you did your best and I have a reward for you when the match is over. But now, go......"Zach said.

Brando95

Dazzle 'em, Milotic!
Damion sighed. "I know that you feel guilty for what happened. And, I know that you wanted to do something to help." He said. Maybe this conversation could get Leo to lighten up a bit on himself. It isn't like Leo actually lead Kris to her death.

Damion thought about it for a moment. "Apparently, Kris was shot by Team Galactic." He said. He stopped dead when Leo gave a wince. Damion was sorry to remind Leo of this moment. But, it was for his own good. "Is there anything that you've been keeping hidden? Something that had to do with Kris's death? Maybe telling me about it will clear the air. You don't have to if you don't want to." He said.
-----------------

Pearla watched Zach's match. Zach was doing good but, Morty was doing better. Maybe if he was strong enough to beat Steve, he could beat Zach too!

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Leo knew in a second he had to tell Damion. How could he keep lying to everyone? Not if he had to live with the guilt alone. That would drive him crazy.

"There is something else," he said reluctantly "something I don't want to tell you. But I have to." He took a deep breath. This was for Kris. He couldn't lie about her death, even if he felt ashamed, even if it was his fault.

"It's my fault Kris died," Leo said quietly "that day, I took her into those mountains. It was just the usual thing for us, go exploring, meet Pokemon. I wanted to see how Luxray was doing, how her cubs were. I took Kris up there. It's my fault she's dead, Damion. My fault." A single tear fell to the floor.

"How can I live with this? What I've done, everything I wanted to happen becuase of her death when it was my fault the whole time. How do you live knowing you killed someone you loved with all your heart, someone you'd give your life to save?" he asked, looking up at his friend.

ashds

Law and Order: Unova
Jeff saw Damion leave to do something and left soon after Jeff would go find Damion as soon as he joined up for the contest Poliwag then jumped out of his pokeball "whats wrong" Jeff asked Poliwag began to glow white the glowing soon stoped there was a different pokemon.

the pokemon was bigger than Poliwag, it had bule arms with white gloves its tail was gone and its eyes have moved to the top of his head it's mouth was no lounger there but nostrils were now there insteed the swirl it had, has now reversed "Poliwhirl" he said

"great you've evoled Poliwag I mean Poliwhirl" Jeff walked over to the nearist desk and joined up for the contest with Poliwhirl

Last edited:

Torpoleon

(You will have to wait and see, Brando)
"Now, go Croconaw!"Zac yelled. Zach threw 1 Poke Ball into the air. Out pooped a medium sized blue Pokemon and his lower half looked like an egg. "Use Dark Pulse on Croconaw!"Morty yelled. Haunter spat purple disks from its mouth to Croconaw. "Counter with Ice Beam than Iron Tail it to Haunter!"Zach said. A blue beam of ice shot out of Croconaw's mouth and froze the Daek Pulse. Than, Croconaw's tail glowed white and hit the Dark Pulse disks which unfroze on contact and nailed Haunter for a super effective critcal hit.

"(Zach is really good. He could possiby beat me.) Now, Haunter use Mean Look than Shadow Punch!"Morty said. Haunter gave Croconaw a Mean Look and Zach did not know what it does. Than Haunter did Shadow Punch which was un dodgeable so Zach said,"Return!" "Ha! Croconaw can not return becaus of Mean lok and watch out for Shadow Punch!"Morty explained. Croconaw got hit hard from the move but sill stood ready for more.

"(I have to watch out for Shaodw Punch!) Use Aqua Jet while spinning for more power!'Zach said. Croconaw summoned water which surronded it and was heading for Haunter. "Haunter counter with Sucker Punch!"Morry yelled with excitement. The 2 moves collided for a big explosion.

Brando95

Dazzle 'em, Milotic!
Damion was surprised. Leo... lead her to her death? But, it couldn't have been on purpose. They were just going up the mountains... like they always do. Leo couldn't be beating himself up over something that wasn't his fault. "But... but it wasn't your fault. You didn't intend on it happening. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time." He said.

He waited for a response. Maybe this conversation wasn't helping. Kris died after Leo had brought her to the mountains. Leo must be mad at himself for doing that. He's definately at a vulnerable state right now. Maybe it'd be best to clear the air a little more. The more they talked, the more Leo can accept what happened.

Torpoleon

Whn the explosion cleared, Haunter was on the ground fainted and Croconaw was still standing but was wobbly. "Wow, Zach! I am impressed. Now, go Gengar!"Morty exlaimed. Out of the Poke Ball popped a Pokemon that looked like Haunter with arm that are connected, legs and a bigger body. "Croconaw, use Hydro Pump!"Zach yelled. An amazing and strong beam of water came out of its mouth and went for Gengar. "Easy one. Dodge than use Shadow Punch!"Morty said. Gemgar swiflt dodged Hydro Pump and used Shadow Punch which hit Croconaw before it could counter. Croconaw was than fainted and Zach returned it to it's Poke Ball.

"Go Arcanine and use Extremespeed!"Zach yelle throwing a Poke Ball into the air. It revealed a big fire dog who than ran super fast to Gengar and it was almost invisible! "ormal type ttacks wont work on Gengar so watch as Gengar does not take any damage!"Morty chuckled. "Now quick just beofre you hit Gengar use Overheat!"Zach yelled. After fast running, Arcanine than fired an Over Heat which nailed Gengar. "Now Aerial Ace and and just beofre colliding, use Iron Tail!"Zach sad. Arcanine ran fast and his tail glowed white as it nailed Gengar again causing it to faint.

"I am down to my last one! Alakazam help me out!"Morty yelled. Alakazam had 2 spoons in his hand and was a mixture of yellow and brown. Zach knew that Alakazam would be tough but he can handle it bcause he has Arcanine and Pupitar left both with full health.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
"She wouldn't have gone up there if I hadn't taken her," Leo replied "and maybe I didn't mean for her to die, but I still caused it." He covered his face with his hands.

"What can I do?" he asked "how can I make up for this? Can I even get forgiven for making her die?"

Torpoleon

(storymasterb, you need to legthen your post to a seven line minimum so the RPG doesn't get closed.)
"Arcanine, use Aerial Ace!"Zach said. Arcanine ran at super speed towards Alakazam. "Counter with Shadow Ball."Morty calmy said. Alakazam made a purple ball appear from its mouth which hit Arcanine dead on throwing Arcanine against a wall almsot knocking it out! While Arcanine was stil dazed, Morty yelled,"Use Focus Punch!" "Flamethorwer!"Zach commanded. Arcanine was too weak to move and Alakazam's Focus Punch knocked it out.

"(Pupitar, you are my last hope!) Go Pupitar and use Dark Pulse!"Zach said throwing one Poke Ball in the air revealing Pupitar who used Dark Pulse. The purple disks lunged for Alakazam. "Counter with Psychic and throw the disks to Pupitar than use Ice Punch and Fire Punch!"Morty screamed. The Dark Pulse hit Pupitar than the Fire and Ice Punches whcich was bad for Zach! Suddenly, Pupitar started to glow! Pupitar had evolved into Tyranitar!

"Awesome! Let's finsih this! Use Water Pulse!"Zach screamed. A ball of water shot out from Tyranitar and was lunging for Alakazam. "Counter with Iron Tail!"Morty commanded. Alakazam's tail glowed white and broke the Water Pulse and Zach said,"Finish it with Dark Pulse!" The disks all nailed Alakazm causing it to faint. Both of the returned their Pokemon.

"I proudly give you the Fog Badge."Morty said. Zach retrived the Fog Badge and went to do something outside. Adam followed him and Pearla walked to Morty.

Brando95

Dazzle 'em, Milotic!
"Morty..." Pearla started, "I know that you're probably tired from all of this battling but, I'd like to have a Gym Battle with you. She said."

"Sure." Morty answered. "Get on the opposite side of this field." He said. Pearla did so. "Go, Gastly!" He started.

"I need to make a big finish with Misdreavus. Starting off with her might risk losing her and I'll be toast! I'll start with Hoothoot. A few good Psychic moves will get Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar out. They are Poison Types after all." Pearla thought. She then grabbed a pokeball. "Go, Hoothoot!" She yelled.

Morty smiled. "Smart choice. My Ghost Pokemon can't attack a Normal Type Hoothoot. But, Hoothoot can use Flying and Psychic attacks. Very wise." He then smiled again. "Use Lick!" He yelled.

Gastly floated over towards Hoothoot with its tongue sticking out. "Dodge!" Pearla yelled before Hoothoot was licked. The bird pokemon stood in its spot, paralyzed. "Hoothoot!" She yelled.

"Confuse Ray!" Morty yelled. Gastly then made a flashing light that caused Hoothoot's eyes to become swirls. "Now, keep using lick!" He commanded as Gastly rapidly licked Hoothoot as the poor pokemon swirled around in place.

"Hoothoot!!" Pearla yelled. "Use Peck!" She commanded as the confused pokemon continued to twirl around in place. Eventually, the pokemon fell to the ground.

"Hmph. That was fun." Morty said sarcastically.