• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Legend of the Avatar (Johto)

Torpoleon

"Hello nurse Joy can you look after my pokemon?" asked Steve

"Yes I can and is your name Steve?" asked Nurse Joy

"Yes why?" asked Steve

"A package came in for you it is from your dad and Blaine." said Nurse joy.Steve took the package and opened it to see a grayish messenger bag with flames and water on the other side it also shows a picture of Steve and his Kanto pokemon.

"Here are your pokemon." said Nurse Joy

"Thank you." said Steve

Brando95

Dazzle 'em, Milotic!
Damion watched Leo's dilema. "Wow! That was great! You are starting to get the concept of pokemon. It isn't about battling and competition all of the time. That isn't what attacks are always about."

"Cool! Let me try!" Pearla jumped up. Chikorita followed. "Use Razor Leaf on the ground." The Leaves just landed on the ground. "What'd I do wrong?"

"Well, Leaves are a solid so, they won't bounce off of the ground that easily. Try using a move like... hm... what else could a Chikorita learn?" Damion asked.

"Use aromatherapy!" The Chikorita used a move that made the entire route smell wonderful. "I saw that move in an appeal from your Grand Festival!" Pearla exclaimed as she blushed wildly. Blushing that much in one day probably isn't good for your health!

champ2947

Power of all pokemon
At cherrygrove city
"Wow this place is beautful go Horesa and Chickorita" John said

At the restrunt
"May I take your order" the waiter said

"Yes can I have a salad and for my pokemon some pokemon food" John said

"Is that all" the waiter said

"Yes" John said

Zincspider

My Bloody
"You'll need 5 pokeballs and a pokedex" Prof. Elm said
"Ok thanks" John said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At my house...
"Mom I got a pokemon" John said
"What did you get?" said mom
"I'll show you go Chickorita" John said
"Chick chick" Chickorita said
"Can I travel with my pokemon?" John said
"Sure" Mom said
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In route 29
"horse horse"
"Horsea the Dragon pokemon" the pokedex said
John: Go Chickorita use tackle
Horsea:Horse Horse (used Bubble)
John:Use tacke one more time...
Go pokeball
1,2,3, click horsea was caught
"Good job Chickorita return" said John

(OOC:First off, you have no detail
The lab is in ruins
And how is a horsea in route 29? There is no water there.)

"Ah, Cherrygrove.... boring as ever. Lets keep on moving Smokey", stated Vince, looking dwn at his Cyndaquil. He hadn't got in a fight yet, so everyone was fine.
--------
So Vince walked until he was almost at Violet City.
--------

"Ummm... that was a faster walk then I expected." he said looking ahead to the city gates.
He was right by the cave outside the city, and he was leaning on it for rest. Then he heard a weird noise. It was metalic.
"Magnamite? Magna magna?"
"What? Magnamite aren't supposed to be aroound here." Thought Vince looking at the little pokemon floating above his head. It was a silver ball with a big eye in the center, there was also two horshoe magnets coming out either side of it.

"What would cause a magnamite to come out here?" He thought, looking for a clue. Thats when he noticed somthing in the wall of the cave. The outside was riddled with silver veins.

"It's iron. It was confused by the high amounts of a magnetic substance... COOL. Come here little dude." He said, trying to get the magnamite closer to him.

The magnamite stayed put, and didn't come near him. "Fine, be that way. Ariel Tackle, Smokey." he said grabbing Smokey from the ground, and throwing him to hit the magnamite.

"QUUUIIILLL" it yeeled as it soared through the air. It colided with the steel on the magnamite, and they both fell to the ground.

Smokey wadlled around on his two back feet. The blow had made him a little dizzy.

"Try an ember now, little dude" Vince ordered, pointing to the magnamite, that was slowly rising off the ground.

But before Smokey could do anything, the magnamite started to sparkle, and electricity flowed around it. "MITEE!" it scream flinging bolts of electricity at Smokey. They made contact, and sent the little pokemon flying into the wall of the cave.

"Not cool. I guess I have to try this." sighed Vince, pulling his guitar off his back. The pokemon didn't seem to notice him, only the iron in the wall.

Vince looked at the wall he was heading to. He played one note, and a block of stone from the wall flew out, and smacked the pokemon in the face, knocking it out.

"Yes, now all I need to do is..." muttered Vince reaching for a pokeball... but he didn't have any.

"Oh Crud! Man, return Smokey." He siaid throwing the pokeball back at him. He returned in a flash of red light. Then he ran over and picked up the block of iron/stone, and put it in his bag(so the magnamite would stay near him), and picked the magnamite in his arms.

"To the pokemart!" He screamed, running to Violet city. He had pokeballs to buy.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
"Thanks Damion," Leo said "I'm a bit hungry, I'm going back into the city to get something to eat. Don't leave without me." With that he recalled his Pokemon into their Poke Balls and started to run back into Cherrygrove City.

"Now then, what to get?" he said, looking at the numerous shops and resturants.

"Ah, here we go," he said, finding a small cafe with a menu taped to a window "cheap, delicious food. Pokemon welcome, if they can fit inside. No problem for me. Go Cyndaquil and Sentret!" He released the two Pokemon.

"Behave you two," he said, walking into the cafe. He sat down at a table and his Pokemon settled down by his feet, apparently having a discussion about something.

"May I take your order?" a waiter said, walking over.

"Um, a toasted cheese sandwich for me and some Pokemon food for my Cyndaquil and Sentret please," Leo said.

"Of course sir," the waiter said, jotting down the order "your meal will be here shortly." With that he walked away.

"Now what?" Leo asked himself "I guess I'll just keep going with the others. But what am I going to do? Keep going after Team Universe or give it up and do stuff like an ordinary trainer would? Could I give up going after them? Probably not. Not after what they've done to me."

"Sen!" Sentret said, climbing onto his lap.

"Hey Sentret," Leo said, looking into his Pokemons eyes.

"Sentret?" Sentret asked.

"Its nothing," Leo said "I'm just thinking."

Brando95

Dazzle 'em, Milotic!
After their meal, the group headed back towards the route to finish the lesson...

Damion saw Vince run right past the group and their lessons. Then, he started to run towards the Pokemart. "What?! I forgot about the contest!" Damion returned his pokemon. "Change of plans! Let's head towards Violet city!"

The group packed up and headed north until they reached a cave. Then, they turned west towards Violet City. Damion ran into the city and straight towards the Contest Hall leaving Pearla to try and catch up. She left Zach and Leo in the dust.

Damion ran into the Contest Hall and Pearla ran in right behind him. Damion waited on line and Pearla walked with him. "There is no way that I'm going to miss a contest with you in person!" She said as they finally approached the desk.

"Hey! Can I Register for a Contest Pass." Damion asked the lady.

"Sure. May I have your Pokedex?" Damion handed his pokedex and the lady handed it back after a few minutes. "And... here is your contest Pass! Would you like to register for a contest?"

"Yes please!" Damion said returning the contest pass. He got it back in a few more minutes and he was in! "Thank you!" Damion and Pearla exited the hall and headed towards the pokemon center.

Inside was Leo and Zach waiting for them. "Sorry about that..." Damion apologized.

Torpoleon

Steve just rushed to the contest hall!

"Hey can i register?" asked Steve

"Yes here is a new pass and you are number 8!" said the lady

"Thank you!" said Steve.Than he sprinted out and bumped into a familiar face!(Damion)

"Hey I know you!" said Steve getting up.He turned around to see Steve Damion greeted him.

Brando95

Dazzle 'em, Milotic!
(Everyone is aloud to control Matt because Torpoleon never actually created a Sign- up for him. Therefore, he is a made up character)

Damion turned around and saw Steve and Matt right behind him. "Steve! Matt! How's it going?"

"Great!" Matt answered.

"Who is this? Are these some of your old friends that you told us about?" Pearla asked as she walked up to Matt and Steve to shake their hands. "I'm Pearla!"

"I'm Matt and this is my brother Steve!" Matt said as he shaked her hand.

"We are going to stay here for a while so, you don't mind if we wait until after my contest to worry about gym battles do you?" Damion asked. The contest was at noon the next day and it was already getting dark anyway.

"Of course I don't mind!" Pearla answered.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
(Brando, Torpoleon is fine to control Andy).

As Andy entered the arena, he saw Matt head to the stands.

'Good luck Andy' shouted Matt.

'Thanks Matt' Andy shouted back.

'Welcome to Violet Gym' said Falkner.

'Thanks' said Andy, i'd like to challenge you to a battle if that's okay'.

'That's fine, i always look forward to a new challenge' said Falkner.

'I noticed you have 3 on 3 battles' said Andy 'but i only have 2 pokemon at the moment'.

'No problem' said Falkner '2 on 2 will be fine with me'.

'That's setteled then' said Tyler 'this will be a 2 on 2 battle between Andy of Celadon City and Falkner of the Violet gym, begin'.

'Go Hoothoot' said Andy releasing his first pokemon.

Hoothoot appeared in front of Andy.

'Go Pidgeotto' said Falkner.

Pidgeotto circled and came in to land in front of Falkner.

'Quick Attack' ordered Falkner.

Pidgeotto flew at Hoothoot at great speed.

'Dodge it' shouted Andy.

But Pidgeotto was too fast and it hit Hoothoot in the chest.

'I can't believe it's so fast' thought Andy stunned.

Hoothoot jumped to its feet determined to continue.

'Your Hoothoot has guts' said Falkner.

'You better believe it' said Andy 'Peck'.

Hoothoot flew at Pidgeotto and smashed into it with its beak, causing serious damage.

'Pidgeotto Wing Attack' ordered Falkner.

'Dodge and use Peck' ordered Andy.

Hoothoot barely managed to dodge and came down hard on Pidgeotto, knocking it to the the floor.

'Pidgeotto is unable to battle' announced Tyler 'the victory goes to Hoothoot'.

Falkner called Pidgeotto back.

'Impressive, but you haven't seen anything yet' said Falkner 'go Hoothoot'.

Hoothoot appeared and Andy could tell it was really well trained.

'Tackle' ordered Andy.

'Tackle' ordered Falkner.

The two tiny owls charged at each other and Andy's Hoothoot was sent flying back and crashed to the floor.

'Hoothoot is unable to battle' announced Tyler 'the victory goes to Hoothoot'.

'You did great Hoothoot' said Andy calling Hoothoot back.

He got his 2nd pokeball and preapred to call his final pokemon 'go Chikorita'.

Chikorita appeared ready for battle.

'You can't possibly win with a Chikorita' laughed Falkner.

'We'll see about that' said Andy 'Tackle'.

'Tackle it Hoothoot' smiled Falkner.

The two pokemon charged at each other, and as they were about to hit.

'Vine Whip' ordered Andy.

Chikorita flipped over Hoothoot the same way it had in it's training.

Hoothoot stopped in its tracks.

'Razor Leaf' ordered Andy.

Chikorita fired a shower of leaves down onto Hoothoot, knocking it to the floor.

'Hoothoot get up and use Peck' shouted Falkner.

Hoothoot charged at Chikorita as it landed.

'Wait for it' said Andy.

Just as Hoothoot was about to hit.

'Vine Whip' ordered Andy.

Chikorita grabbed Hoothoot by the beak.

'Throw it' ordered Andy.

Chikorita threw Hoothoot into the air with all its strength.

'Razor Leaf' ordered Andy.

Chikorita fired another shower of leaves at Hoothoot, and it was a direct hit and Hoothoot crashed to the floor.

'Hoothoot is unable to battle' annonced Tyler 'the victory goes to Chikorita, and the winner is Andy from Celadon City'.

'We did it' shouted Andy.

Chikorita jumped for joy at its first gym win.

Falner and Andy called their pokemon back and walked towards each other.

'I'm impressed' said Falkner shaking Andys hand 'i never thought you'd pull it off, but you earned this'

Falkner handed Andy a Zephyr badge.

'Thanks Falkner' said Andy pinning his new badge to his jacket.

'That was a great match' said Matt running down from the stands.

'Thanks' said Andy 'We better go and find Steve, and get to the pokemon centre'.

They both said goodbye to Falkner and left for the pokemon centre.

champ2947

Power of all pokemon
(this time there's going to be detail you might think i'm bad but this my first time doing this)

At the Cherrygrove city gift shop
"I'm going to buy some potins berries" John said to himself

"Can I offer you a seal case for free" a man said

"Sure" John said

"and I'm going to buy some seals" John said to himself

Torpoleon

(Wouldn't Pearla see Steve on T.V.)
"I am also in the contest!" said Steve."I am number 8!"

"I got 2 pokemon!Go Totodile and Mareep!" said Steve.Pearla and Damion looked at them in awe.

"I caught Mareep near Cherrygrove city and I got my first badge!" said Steve.Pearla looked at the badge and felt.

"The type for this gym is flying." said Matt

"Hopefully I will get my first ribbon here to." said Steve.Damion made a slight chuckle no one saw

"Return." said Steve

"So do you guys want to travel together and Andy is in the gym." said Steve

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
"Now what?" Leo wondered "should I get a Contest Pass and do the Contest or just head for the Gym? Oh what the heck, I'll get a Pass, Contests could be fun." He ran to the Contest Hall as fast as he could.

"Can I have a Contest Pass please?" he asked the receptionist.

"Sure, just hand over your Pokedex for a minute." Leo gave her the Pokedex and waited as she typed stuff into her computer before handing him the Pass.

"And I'd like to register for the Contest tomorrow," he said. The receptionist typed a few more things into the computer before giving him a beaming smile.

"Okay, be here at noon tomorrow," she said, handing him back the Pokedex.

"Thanks," Leo said, starting to run back to the Pokemon Center. It wasn't until he was through the doors that he realised the problem.

"Oh Arceus," he said "I don't know a thing about Contests. I need help. Damion!" He ran over to Damion, who was talking to Pearla and some other people.

"Damion, I've signed up for the Contest and I don't know a thing about them!" Leo exclaimed "please please please help me get ready for it!"

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Andy walked into the pokemon centre.

'Hi Nurse Joy i was wondering if you could look at my pokemon for me' said Andy.

'Not a problem' said Nurse Joy taking his pokeballs and putting them on a tray and giving them to Chansey.

'Thanks Nurse Joy' said Andy.

He looked around the pokemon centre, but there was no sign of Steve or any of his other friends.

'I thought they'd be here by now' thought Andy.

He decided to sit down on the couches and relax.

'Hopefully someone will turn up eventually' thought Andy.

champ2947

Power of all pokemon
At route 30 I found a herrcross
John:go Horesa use bubble

herrcross:horn attack

John:bubble

Herrcross:Horn attack

Horsea:bubble

Herrcross:HERRCross

"Oh no it fainted Horsea return" John said (Horsea now on level 4 it learned smoke screen)
John walked away sadly

Sigh!

Bad Taste Everywhere
"Hmm where is that jerk..." thought Karlos to himself

Karlos walked to the top floor and then he saw the chief monk

"congratulations for reaching the top now here have the HM flash!" said the monk

"Thank you!" said Karlos gratefully then used an escape rope to leave!

"Ok so I can't participate in this contest so to the ruins I guess" Karlos said to himself

Karlos walked to the ruins of Alph this was Karlos' favorite field trip location for when he was in trainers' school.

'Ahh the memories' Karlos thought as he walked through the ruins then he thought he heard a noise of a crowd chanting

"unown unown unown" said a multitude of letter shapped pokemon named unown

"Wow the unown I thought the were only a carving on the wall"

Karlos tried to get closer then the unowns attacked him!

"Oh dam!"

Karlos ran away and then got outside panting

"Well thats why we stayed out of the actual ruins in the trips!" Karlos said to himself "Well if I remember Correctly Azalea is next I wonder if my friend got to his goal?"

And as so Karlos walked to the Union cave

Brando95

Dazzle 'em, Milotic!
(Is Karlos joining the contest?)

Damion turned to see Leo running towards him. "It's okay! I'll teach you everything that you need to know! But, it is getting late. Let's get some rest and we'll do some last minute training."
-----------
The next morning, Damion and Leo headed out for some training before the contest. Pearla decided to come along also.

"Okay! Let's do this! Go Butterfree!" The Butterfly popped out of the pokeball and landed on Damion's shoulder. "Say hi to Butterfree Leo and Pearla!"

"Hey!" Pearla said. "Did Professor Oak give you that?"

"Yep! He's my buddy this Butterfree. It's my main appeal pokemon." Damion smiled as he allowed Butterfree to fly around. "Go! Kakuna!" The pokemon popped out its pokeball. But, it had a crack in its shell!

"Damion! Your Kakuna has a crack! Some sort of light is coming out of it!" Pearla exclaimed. Before they knew it, the crack became bigger and bigger until a Beedrill had amersed from the shell. "Wow! Is that what evolving always looks like?"

"Nope! Usually it is when a pokemon glows and starts to grow. But, in Metapod and Kakuna's case, this is how they evolve." Damion smiled. "Either way, I'm sure to win now! Kakuna must've gained experience from the demonstrations that we were having during our lessons!"

Pearla was staring at Beedrill with a weird look. "It's kind of creepy! I like Butterfree better!" She yelled as she hid behind Damion.

"Don't worry! It's fine." The Beedrill flew over to greet Pearla but, she quickly ran to the other side of Damion until Beedrill was chasing her around and around him. "That's enough! We have to train for the contest. It is a double battle contest and I need to do my best!"

Damion looked at Leo. "It must be hard for your first contest being a double- contest. At least only the battle is double. The appeal is normal. I'll be able to help you with both so don't worry!"

Peter Quill

star-lord
At route 30 I found a herrcross
John:go Horesa use bubble

herrcross:horn attack

John:bubble

Herrcross:Horn attack

Horsea:bubble

Herrcross:HERRCross

"Oh no it fainted Horsea return" John said (Horsea now on level 4 it learned smoke screen)
John walked away sadly

(OOC: No, I'm sorry you need to put much more detail in your battles. I'll post a rather detailed one for you to study off of.

Also not to be rude but all of you guys except Zincspider and storymasterb need some more details in your posts. Just my two cents. It's going way to fast, it's been 4 pages and we have gotten to Violet City that's two towns already and now Mitchlord is at Union cave?. In the fire Emblem RPG we have 8 pages and we got to a town that is 2 hours away. See the diffrence?)

Nicholas walked into Sprout Tower and decided to challenge the first Monk to a battle.

''You! Care for a battle?" Nicholas asked the first monk that he saw.

"Much Obliged young one would you like to know the secrets that our tower hold? We will train you and help your pokemon." The monk replied back while bowing to Nicholas.

"I think I should go around and catch a second pokemon before I start this training. It's just a precaution that I would like to take before taking the challenge" Nicholas repied coldly.

"Then come back once you get another pokemon young one." The entrance Monk replied.

Nicholas walked out of the tower and into Violet City, the town was pack full of people but Nicholas had his own importan matters to attend to. Training his Chikorita and his next pokemon was on top priorities in his mind.

(How will I train them? Will I be harsh Compassionate? I don't know this pokemon training thing is harder than it looks.)

Nicholas gathered his way with his very frightened Chikorita over towards the outskirts of town. Nicholas could sense that his Chikorita was very tense so he was going to have a little heart to heart with his pokemon.

"Chikorita why are you always so scared of me? Is there anything I need to do so you could feel more comfortable in my presence? Seriously it's sad to see you shaking and crying like that" Nicholas bent down to his Chikorita and patted her on the head hoping he would feel better. She did and he actually snuggled up with Nicholas a bit.

(Maybe this is bonding with him? You know this will be fun after all. Wait a minute since when have I acted so maternal and sissy?)

Chikorita started to shake again, not because of Nicholas because he had unknowingly walked into a Growlithe's territory and unfortunatly this one was extra territorial so he was growling and barking at Chikorita.

"Chikorita it's time to be braver than you have ever been before. This Growlithe does mean trouble and he will try to hurt you so you want to send the messsage to him straight that your not going to get pushed around easily you got that?"

Chikorita nodded her head and then looked determined to beat this Growlithe.

"Good! Now let's take this Growlithe down!" Nicholas yelled confidently to his Chikorita

"Ok... Chikorita let's start off with a Tackle just to get you warmed up." Nicholas commanded his pokemon.

Chikorita ran up to Growlithe and slammed him straight in the gut where it hurts most pokemon. The Growlithe then got extremely angry and launched a ember unfortunatly it had hit Chikorita and gave her some burns, they weren't severe but it was still enough pain to shatter Chikorita's confidence for good.

"Let's not get discouraged Chikorita just try another tackle you could also growl at him and try and give him some intimidation technique." Nicholas continued to encourage his pokemon.

Nicholas was the type of kid that acts responsibly with strategies unless Chikorita would feel better about herself, She was going to put herslef in to many tight spots and Nicholas didn't want to try that.

Chikorita ran up and slammed the Growlithe hard, he actually hit a tree. Chikorita then saw that the Growlithe was really tired and he was shining like a little puppy so she decided not to attack him anymore.

"This is in the bag!" Nicholas yelled and then threw a pokeball that would hopefully hit the Growlithe and capture it.

It did and now Nicholas had a second pokemon to help him out.

"Let's go heal you then go train at the sprout tower!" Nicholas told his Growlithe then he walked towards the pokemon center.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
"Congrats!" Leo said "now then, lets get on with the training. Go Cyndaquil and Sentret!" He released his two Pokemon.

"Now then, I think I'll try Cyndaquil in the Appeal Round," Leo said "I'm going to give that somersaulting Ember another try. Then I'll have to use them both for the Double Battle, which I think I can do."

"Cynda!" Cyndaquil said encouragingly.

"Let me see if I've got this right," Leo said "in Contests the Appeal Round is just showing off moves in combinations. I think Cyndaquil can handle that. but the Battle Round is different to Gym Battles becuase the objective isn't to knock out the opposing Pokemon, it is to reduace your opponents points to zero. And you can cause your opponent to lose points by successfully attacking their Pokemon, dodging attacks or performing a move ina way that makes it look good. Is that right?"

Brando95

Dazzle 'em, Milotic!
(What Moogles4ever said is very true. We are going way too fast. I think that we should slow down a bit. I know that some of you are eager to continue the RPG but, we have to add everything in between the Gym Battles and the Contests.)

Damion used Beedrill and Butterfree in a great fashion when training. He wanted to get this training for Beedrill to be the best he could be. But, Totodile would be used in the appeal so, that would need some touching up on.

"Go! Totodile!" The pokemon landed on the ground in a normal fashion. There was no spark, flare, or any beautiful/cute move being used. Damion sighed. "We have to work on a great entrance for you..."

The Totodile copied Damion by sighing back. "Toto!" He yelled as he danced around.

"I don't think that is going to work, Totodile..." Damion said thinking. "I got it!" Damion won his confidence back. "Use Water Gun in the air! Try to spin it."

The pokemon followed orders and a mini whirlpool of water spewed in the air. "Now! Jump, spin, and use Aqua Tail!" The pokemon jumped into the whirlpool and spinned while using Aqua Tail. The pokemon started to fall to the ground. "Water Gun!"

Totodile used Water Gun to propel himself up. He then fell down through the whirlpool, flipped, and landed on his feet. "Great!"

ashds

Law and Order: Unova
(just where am I bando?)
"Well looks like its just us it's just us team" said Jeff

"Cynda" said Cyndaquil

"Pidgey" said Pidgey

"alright lets go" Jeff yelled

after walking for half an hour Jeff, Pidgey and Cyndaquil made it to Cherrygrove City "oh wow ok guys lets buy some items and then we are going"

Jeff walked into a pokemart and was able to buy some Potion's for 900 pokedollers

"okay Jeff said after leavening the pokemart "off to Violet City"

(Because I will be away from the 19th to the 25th would it be okay if someone else controlled Jeff untill my return Bando95).