• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon LEGENDS: Arceus - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
You mistaken Path of Solitude with Path of Tenacity.

Path of Tenacity is Fighting vs Galaxy Gang, Pearl Clan and Diamond Clan:)
Yeah but still the defense, its sp defense, and hp that were swapped because of import screwed me over

terimoxon

I've been trying to catch Starley early in the game for 1 hour. Its impossible to aim with the right joy-con, it hurts your hand and sometimes the balls go off randomly
And then there's a damn 20-second long cutscene before you can try again. Do I need to get a perfect hit to catch it or why doesn't it work?
This reminded me why I quit paying 60 euros for new games (15 years ago) instead of sticking to a few I already tortured myself with for 1-2 years before learning them

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
What’s the best method to shiny hunting unown?

I don't think it's possible, aren't they shiny locked since they are collectibles.
Once the 28 “hidden” ones are caught all of them start to spawn in the Solaceon Ruins. Basically all you can do at this point is enter and leave the Mirelands hoping for a shiny or a massive mass outbreak of them for increased odds. There’s really no other method.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Got a bit of a mystery if anyone could help.
I found a Porygon-Z on my Pokémon Home that I didn’t realise I had, it’s my trainer name and everything, it says it was first encountered in the Hisui region last year, yet it is captured in a regular pokeball. Does anyone know how this is possible?

I do capture all my Pokémon using regular poke balls but surely if it was first encountered in Hisui it would be the hisuian pokeball?

Edit: I’ve just checked on the mobile app, and it’s in a Hisuian pokeball but on the switch version it’s a regular pokeball

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Got a bit of a mystery if anyone could help.
I found a Porygon-Z on my Pokémon Home that I didn’t realise I had, it’s my trainer name and everything, it says it was first encountered in the Hisui region last year, yet it is captured in a regular pokeball. Does anyone know how this is possible?

I do capture all my Pokémon using regular poke balls but surely if it was first encountered in Hisui it would be the hisuian pokeball?

Edit: I’ve just checked on the mobile app, and it’s in a Hisuian pokeball but on the switch version it’s a regular pokeball
You may be looking at it when connected to Sword or Shield. Those two games don’t have the Strange Ball programmed into them so Hisui Pokémon default to regular Poké balls. BDSP and SV will show that it’s in the strange ball.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
You may be looking at it when connected to Sword or Shield. Those two games don’t have the Strange Ball programmed into them so Hisui Pokémon default to regular Poké balls. BDSP and SV will show that it’s in the strange ball.
Thank you! That explains it!

Kataphrut

I’m trying to fill out my Hisuian Pokédex in Pokémon Home. It’s nearly done, all I’ve got left to go are the first and second stages of the starters, Darkrai…and Cherrim.

Now, someone was kind enough to trade me a Cherrim on the Home GTS. But it’s originally from Sword and Shield. And since I’d rather not try to spend more time than I have to finding and catching one in Arceus, is there any way that transferring that Cherrim over into Arceus and then back again will make it count toward the Hisuian Pokédex in Home?

PiatbrO

Uber Leader
How can I get the Miss Fortunes's Pokémon to reach their highest level (64/65)? I completed all Missions, my Pokédex is completed with research level 10, I'm a Full Star Member and I completed the Daybreak request. Yet, they're still only level 61/62.

Houka

OK I know the game uses a queue for spawns but I'm wounder if drop are attach to said Pokemon too. Like if I want a rare drop from a rare spawn, is the drop lock to said Pokemon or could I save scum for it? Was just wounder, since I'm catching Happinies anyway. I might as well go for oval eggs while I'm at it.

Pokefan_1987

I had not played this game in a while but i thought this had been patched by now. What causes boss to glitch and you don't get a prompt to send a pokemon throughout a entire boss fight? This happened against Hisuian Lilligant yesterday.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I had not played this game in a while but i thought this had been patched by now. What causes boss to glitch and you don't get a prompt to send a pokemon throughout an entire boss fight? This happened against Hisuian Lilligant yesterday.
It’s not a glitch. You can go the entire boss fight without sending out a Pokémon.

Pokefan_1987

I have a extra question which pokemon in this game can learn False Swipe ? Is Scizor the only one? I haven't played in a long while and have only reached the point that Basculegion can be summoned.

Xionea

Half a centaur
I have a extra question which pokemon in this game can learn False Swipe ? Is Scizor the only one? I haven't played in a long while and have only reached the point that Basculegion can be summoned.
Paras line, Scyther line, Gligar line, Heracross, Sneasel line, Kricketune, Garchomp, Skorupi line, Gallade, Oshawott line, and Rowlet line. Just gotta teach it via the move tutor at the little dojo area.

Pokefan_1987

Paras line, Scyther line, Gligar line, Heracross, Sneasel line, Kricketune, Garchomp, Skorupi line, Gallade, Oshawott line, and Rowlet line. Just gotta teach it via the move tutor at the little dojo area.
Thanks just need to find out which of these actually have enough bulk to survive hits (this game can be unfair with wild damage) and how to train their defense and hp gains.

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
I got a few questions in Pokémon Legends: Arceus that I might need help with.

1. How do I get happiness for evolving any Pokémon uses Happiness such as the Eevee to the three Evolutions and Togepi for example?
2. I'm at Six Star Rank and I just got a Ride Pokémon to go through the Waters (I still need to save Husui Growlithe from the Bandits as of right now.) I did get the three Pokémon for the Manaphy Quest, what else do I get the request unlock to appear on the HQ's Board so that I can go to catch Manaphy and Pioeonne Mythical Pokémon?
3. So I got up to Ultra Balls made as of right now, how do I catch the Alpha Pokémon easily?
4. How do you do Trade Evolutions without trading?
5. I just discovered that you can get any items from the Trading Stand in the village, what items won't appear when I'm 6 Star Rank and what other items get unlocked from 7 to 10 Star Rank

Houka

I can answer some of these.
1. Not sure if walking works but just use the Pokemon the gather apicorns and ores. The happiness goes up pretty quick. Once your Pokmeon as enough, I'll glow in the menu just like any other when ready to evolve.
2. I have not gotten to here so I'm can't be sure but It may not pop up til after you beat Noble Arcanine.
3. You either Battle it and throw a poke ball or try stealth catch. I recommend the Heavy/Leaden/Gigaton ball over Ultra, since their weight is max out. You can use Berries or whatever it favorite to make it easier the catch. However, since your a 6 star you can only catch Alpha up Lv. 60. Anything above will state is uncatchable when you do hat lock on thing and if you try it will break without the shakes. Also They have low catch rate, so while with the set up you actually have good chance of catching it but some time it will refuse a few times. Just make sure to run pretty far in case it will break free and if spotted run out of it view and try again.
4. You can get trade Cable of the trading stand which will evolve trade evolution. You Have to grade 1000 MP to get it though. It sometime spawn in Space-Time Rifts if your lucky.
5. I have almost everything and I'm rank 9 so I suspect it's a story progression thing.

Pokefan_1987

What is the best method to train a Magikarp to defeat the Electrode challenge until it takes itself out?

What is the recommended level since Magikarp HP is usually weak?

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
Okay, I have more questions in Pokémon Legends: Arceus I wanted to ask. So I had to come up with these questions I had in mind:
  1. So I learned there is a Moss Rock in Obsidian Fieldlands that you can use it for evolving an Eevee to Leafeon without needed a Leaf Stone. So where is the Ice Rock located in Alabaster Icelands so that I can evolve Eevee into an Glaceon?
  2. And for the Moss Rock in Obsidian Fieldlands I mentioned in #1, can you use other Pokémon that were evolves from Leaf Stones such as Husuian Voltorb to Husuian Electrode as an example that you just evolve them in that Moss Rock like Leafeon and same with Ice Rock as well?
  3. I'm at Star Rank 7, what is the next area should I encounter to requires a Star Rank 8 to get myself prepared?
  4. This one is spoilerish when I encounter the Bandits in Cobalt Coastlands. I notice that the Little Brother Husuian Growlithe had been evolved in the Molten Arena. Is there like a Rock that allows any Fire-types that evolves Fire Stones to evolve in the Molten Arena area?
  5. Final Game Spoilerish What happens if you battle Volo's team with Arceus in your party that was transferred from Pokémon Home, would Volo get an interaction seeing Arceus in front of him something like the special interactions with Ogerpon in Carmine's and Kieran's Pokémon battle in Indigo Disk arc & Ogerpon & Loyal Three vs. Pecharunt Battle in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet?
  6. How do you grind Merit Points other than finding these Lost Items around in Husui so that you can get the items much quicker at the Trading Stand?
Edit from 3/23: I discovered stuff what I asked from #2, but I managed to get to Alabaster Icelands, I haven't seen the Frozen Rock yet think and I did managed Star Rank 8 from #3. I managed to test out the Husuian Voltorb on the Mossy Rock, it only works on Eevees, I don't see the Evolve Light showed up for Husuian Voltorb when I was at the Mossy Rock. But, I managed to get a Leaf Stone from the Trade Stand with enough MPs to get the Husuian Voltorb to evolve into a Husuian Electrode.

Last edited: