• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon LEGENDS: Arceus - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

ShadowForce720

What do I have to do in order to get Espeon and Umbreon to spawn in space-time distortions?
There is no guaranteed way of getting to spawn in space-time distortions but you have a chance of Umbreon spawning in the space-time distortions that occur in the Crimson Mirelands.

Likewise you have a chance of Espeon spawning in the space-time distortions that occur in the Alabaster Icelands. So the only thing I can tell you is keep trying.

Either that or just go and catch some Eevee and evolve them into Espeon and Umbreon.

Toku_

how exactly does the mass outbreak shiny chance work? lets say you have the shiny charm (so obviously research level 10 in whatever pokemon is in the mass outbreak) and find a mass outbreak, is the possibility of a shiny spawning in a mass outbreak 1 in 137.02 or is the chance of any one pokemon in the outbreak being a shiny 1 in 137.02?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
how the FREAK do you send in a pokemon to aid in the frenzied boss battles????????? im either taking too much damage or getting the timing wrong when it prompts you to send out the pokemon. what am i doing wrong here? i havent even managed to send pokemon to weaken it once. i might have done that only once but i cant be sure anymore.

edit: i managed to do it just once now in the electrode battle but the timing is very tricky.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
how the FREAK do you send in a pokemon to aid in the frenzied boss battles????????? im either taking too much damage or getting the timing wrong when it prompts you to send out the pokemon. what am i doing wrong here? i havent even managed to send pokemon to weaken it once. i might have done that only once but i cant be sure anymore.

edit: i managed to do it just once now in the electrode battle but the timing is very tricky.
It's very glitchy, sometimes it just won't let you send anything at all. I had to defeat most of the late battles with just those food balms. Arcanine Avalugg and Dialga were most notable for this. I haven't touched my switch or PLA pokedex completion in weeks and dreading the idea of doing Arceus battle because of the possible glitch occurring.
He can choose any element on a whim and has OHKO moves to kill the player with.

I've been doing a total clean slate of Pokemon Ultra Sun all week. It's more enjoyable than Inventory spots limitations, gathering supplies to make your items yourself from recipes and the unfair speed in the noble battles. I could do a entire Ultra Sun replay a 3rd time (I originally did the story once and spent months finishing most of the pokedex around 40%) rather than fighting Brilliant Diamond's Elite 4 or fighting Volo ever again, those things were a headache to design teams to beat them...no joke!

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It's very glitchy, sometimes it just won't let you send anything at all. I had to defeat most of the late battles with just those food balms. Arcanine Avalugg and Dialga were most notable for this. I haven't touched my switch or PLA pokedex completion in weeks and dreading the idea of doing Arceus battle because of the possible glitch occurring.
He can choose any element on a whim and has OHKO moves to kill the player with.

I've been doing a total clean slate of Pokemon Ultra Sun all week. It's more enjoyable than Inventory spots limitations, gathering supplies to make your items yourself from recipes and the unfair speed in the noble battles. I could do a entire Ultra Sun replay a 3rd time (I originally did the story once and spent months finishing most of the pokedex around 40%) rather than fighting Brilliant Diamond's Elite 4 or fighting Volo ever again, those things were a headache to design teams to beat them...no joke!
thank you for the reply. THAT would explain alot. i kept lobbing balms all while that was possible and nothing happened most of the time...

i havent been playing PLA alot also mostly because im farming mulches and berry farming in X. had to make progress in PLA to get more areas for ralts spawns and sneasel rock climbing. didnt really feel up to the headache frenzied pokemon have for a fair amount of time... i still havent caught Heatran in BDSP at this point. will do it eventually but its on back burner. hoping for home update to get gen6 stock for the game. been so out of date on BDSP lately so i dont even know if its there yet...

i never reset any game unless its not my game originally and want my own file. itherwise i just try to max out all the stuff as an end game.

Pokefan_1987

thank you for the reply. THAT would explain alot. i kept lobbing balms all while that was possible and nothing happened most of the time...

i havent been playing PLA alot also mostly because im farming mulches and berry farming in X. had to make progress in PLA to get more areas for ralts spawns and sneasel rock climbing. didnt really feel up to the headache frenzied pokemon have for a fair amount of time... i still havent caught Heatran in BDSP at this point. will do it eventually but its on back burner. hoping for home update to get gen6 stock for the game. been so out of date on BDSP lately so i dont even know if its there yet...

i never reset any game unless its not my game originally and want my own file. otherwise i just try to max out all the stuff as an end game.
By the way PLA Heatran is kinda just like the other noble battles, but it requires Mud Balls to lower the fire shield. But since he's so fast in the room it's dangerous picking up the mud balls that are inside. (It's one of the last missions before fighting Regigas and battling Volo)

You can finish a lot of Massive Mass Outbreak missions with Mai and Munchlax that came in the Daybreak update and at one point Adaman will give you 100 mudballs. they're (available after dialga palkia fight) before going after heatran.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
By the way PLA Heatran is kinda just like the other noble battles, but it requires Mud Balls to lower the fire shield. But since he's so fast in the room it's dangerous picking up the mud balls that are inside. (It's one of the last missions before fighting Regigas and battling Volo)

You can finish a lot of Massive Mass Outbreak missions with Mai and Munchlax that came in the Daybreak update and at one point Adaman will give you 100 mudballs. they're (available after dialga palkia fight) before going after heatran.
thats a surprise, by mud balls, are you talking about those you get in regular PLA game play? i might have some in item storage but havent really been collecting them. i guess you dont need too many if you just need to drop its shields only 1 time. there is so much i havent looked into in PLA. the daycare is just a spot on the map and not active yet ie unused. there is alot to take in with PLA gameplay.

Pokefan_1987

thats a surprise, by mud balls, are you talking about those you get in regular PLA game play? i might have some in item storage but havent really been collecting them. i guess you dont need too many if you just need to drop its shields only 1 time. there is so much i havent looked into in PLA. the daycare is just a spot on the map and not active yet ie unused. there is alot to take in with PLA gameplay.
Yes, i thought early on when it was new that it was a junk item but then really late into the game it becomes useful.
A minimum of 5 Mud Balls are needed for the shield.

Also i highly recommend having Darkrai for these boss battles. Dark Void is super powerful and perfect for keeping them asleep at least while you use pokeballs on them. Most of them stayed asleep 3 whole turns and i mostly used the second strongest version of the black lead balls.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Could someone please trade a Togepi with me? I cannot for the life of me find one! Not even the one that is programmed to be there guaranteed. I keep waiting for in-game days and nothing.

Pokefan_1987

Could someone please trade a Togepi with me? I cannot for the life of me find one! Not even the one that is programmed to be there guaranteed. I keep waiting for in-game days and nothing.
There were supposed to be a few ones in a white flowerfield in one of the ruin areas high in the mountains. Can't remember the spot but i caught one there. I'm too lazy to bother checking the location names right now.

But if you're skilled with Flying Balls Wing Balls or Jet Balls, there is a Togetic that always flies in a figure 8 pattern.

This game has a really big problem with a extremely low chances of their 5% chances or 1% chances to appear are rarely even activating?
This could be solved with breeding in the game.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
There were supposed to be a few ones in a white flowerfield in one of the ruin areas high in the mountains. Can't remember the spot but i caught one there. I'm too lazy to bother checking the location names right now.

But if you're skilled with Flying Balls Wing Balls or Jet Balls, there is a Togetic that always flies in a figure 8 pattern.

This game has a really big problem with a extremely low chances of their 5% chances or 1% chances to appear are rarely even activating?
This could be solved with breeding in the game.
I need Togepi to complete the Dex and to get Arceus. That is the problem.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Are you checking cottonsedge prairie in the mirelands? That's where I caught mine. Other than that, they can also appear in mass outbreaks.
Yes! I keep checking Cottonsedge. I think that I screwed up the massive mass outbreak because I cleared the area of the outbreaks before I knew Togepi could be found that way.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Yes! I keep checking Cottonsedge. I think that I screwed up the massive mass outbreak because I cleared the area of the outbreaks before I knew Togepi could be found that way.
I feel your pain, i had similar issues finding cherubi.
I find just checking what they all were and resetting to keep the berries to be a relatively efficient way of searching them.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yes, i thought early on when it was new that it was a junk item but then really late into the game it becomes useful.
A minimum of 5 Mud Balls are needed for the shield.

Also i highly recommend having Darkrai for these boss battles. Dark Void is super powerful and perfect for keeping them asleep at least while you use pokeballs on them. Most of them stayed asleep 3 whole turns and i mostly used the second strongest version of the black lead balls.
thank you for the reply, im sure a few more "junk" items will become useful post game. im not a big fan of darkrai but any status on boss battles is useful. i only use a few select legendaries so im not the biggest fan of them.

i saw togepi a few times in bathers lagoon. very elusive as you dont see it over blind ridge if you are coming over from aipom hills area. bythe time you get around to the other side you'd have noticed togepi and its already running away..

edit: caught a Togepi yesterday in bathers lagoon. i stayed on the middle part of the ridge, lured and caught the togepi. it still sees you ifyou stand on the middle ridge but doesnt actually try running unless you try to catch it. took a few tries and it tried to disappear after a few failed balls. feather balls are great for this.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Why is it so hard to catch Basculin? I so much as glance in their direction and they run away! I can't even get close enough half the time to engage them in battle!

Ultra Beast Lover

Why is it so hard to catch Basculin? I so much as glance in their direction and they run away! I can't even get close enough half the time to engage them in battle!
Yeah, it was really hard to get my hands on one. What I did was I got really far away then I crouched down and snuck over, not too quickly or it'll spook and run, then I threw out a Pokemon then threw out a pokeball. I feel like I also used a smoke bomb

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I can't even get close enough to do that! I'll be at the camp in the Icelands and the moment I even spy one in the river, it sees me and swims away and vanishes.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I can't even get close enough to do that! I'll be at the camp in the Icelands and the moment I even spy one in the river, it sees me and swims away and vanishes.
You can try using Stealth Spray to make approaching it easier, Smoke Bombs can help as well.