• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon LEGENDS: Arceus - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This thread is for any QUESTIONS & ANSWERS regarding the game.
Your questions may not be answered immediately, so please be patient until someone answers.

We highly suggest that you look through these dedicated sections first to help find answers.
Please do not spam your questions. All forum rules apply.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Okay, can we clarify whether Abilities are present in the game?

I see all the new pokemon have abilities, but I keep being told they don't exist in-game? What's happening, here?

ShadowForce720

Okay, can we clarify whether Abilities are present in the game?

I see all the new pokemon have abilities, but I keep being told they don't exist in-game? What's happening, here?
Basically in Legends Arceus Pokémon for the most part don’t have access to their abilities, however the abilities for all the Pokémon in LA including the ones for the new Pokémon are hard coded into the game.

This is so that when they get transferred over to games with abilities they can get assigned them.

Basically it’s a similar situation to what happened with Meltan and Melmetal in the Let’s Go games where even though the Let’s Go games didn’t have abilities their was a ability for Meltan and Melmetal found in the coding of the game for the instance when they would make their way into a future game that had abilities.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Basically in Legends Arceus Pokémon for the most part don’t have access to their abilities, however the abilities for all the Pokémon in LA including the ones for the new Pokémon are hard coded into the game.

This is so that when they get transferred over to games with abilities they can get assigned them.

Basically it’s a similar situation to what happened with Meltan and Melmetal in the Let’s Go games where even though the Let’s Go games didn’t have abilities their was a ability for Meltan and Melmetal found in the coding of the game for the instance when they would make their way into a future game that had abilities.

Ah, okay. Thanks!

LemonAce

What exactly is the new calculation for stats? I know that Evs and Ivs were changed, but there is no info for the new calculation.
Also, what is the deal with the sizes and weights? There is a byte value for them, but what exactly is the calculation that goes into the new height & weight values from the byte values?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
How do I ulock hair cuts? The woman doing in the hair salon don't have any requests...

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Does anyone know how to release pokemon? I got three pokemon I'm stuck with and can't get rid of.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Okay, I was being cheeky in a different thread, but has anybody else encountered more than one shiny Ponyta during that one request?

I found a shiny Ponyta as per the request, and then I found a second that fled it the middle of battle.

gengar32424

I've been trying to catch Starley early in the game for 1 hour

Its impossible to aim with the right joycon, it hurts your hand and sometimes the balls go off randomly

And then theres a damn 20 second long cutscene before you can try again

Do I need to get a perfect hit to catch it or why doesnt it work?

This reminded me why I quit paying 60 euros for new games (15years ago) instead of sticking to a few I already tortured myself with for 1-2 years before learning them

DracoRim

If I play Legends Arceus then play Brilliant Diamond for the first time will I still be able to access the Darkrai event?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I've been trying to catch Starley early in the game for 1 hour

Its impossible to aim with the right joycon, it hurts your hand and sometimes the balls go off randomly

And then theres a damn 20 second long cutscene before you can try again

Do I need to get a perfect hit to catch it or why doesnt it work?

This reminded me why I quit paying 60 euros for new games (15years ago) instead of sticking to a few I already tortured myself with for 1-2 years before learning them
I just put the joy cons into the controller type thing that comes with the switch. With that it's easy to aim. And press b if you aren't sure you'll hit it and the throw will cancel. It doesn't have to be perfect either, as long as the ball hits any part of the pokemon it should work. Also try hitting them when their back is turned as there is a higher catch rate like that. You'll know it worked cuz an effect animation will occur with like white lines.