• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon LEGENDS: Arceus - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
You are looking for Dusknoir, is this correct? It IS found in the Deadwood Haunt, but it's not always there. I'm not entirely sure what triggers Dusknoir to appear, but it only showed up there after quelling the Noble Pokémon in the area.
That’s got to be it. Nobles really only appear after beating the frenzied boss of each area. Alpha Dusknoir should appear once you’ve beaten Arcanine.

PokeAmi

From what I can tell, Alpha Pokémon only start appearing randomly after you've defeated the frenzied Noble Pokémon for that area, and after that, there is a fixed chance any wild Pokémon will be an Alpha. The exception is during the mission "Disaster Looming," when there seems to be a higher than normal amount.

Otherwise, you're probably either lucky or unlucky, depending on if you're seeking out Alpha Pokémon or avoiding them.
I see, thanks! That makes sense since these Alpha's started appear alot more after defeating Kleavor when I've think about it.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
How the heck am I supposed to find the frickin big Buizel? I'm very late game and that's one of the first quests you get! Is it seriously all RNG?

ShadowForce720

How the heck am I supposed to find the frickin big Buizel? I'm very late game and that's one of the first quests you get! Is it seriously all RNG?
An easy way to complete the quest is to catch an Alpha Buizel but if you don’t want to give a Alpha Buizel up.

Then you can just try catching some random Buizel and after you have caught some check there summaries to see if any of their sizes are 2’8”. If not you just go catching another batch of Buizel and checking their sizes until you get one that is 2’8”.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I haven't seen an alpha yet either. Alpha Floatzel, I have a few of those, but not Buizel.

So just depend on RNG for everything? There's no location that has bigger Buizel?

DizzyPatron

So I am curious, are the sizes listed on the https://www.serebii.net/legendsarceus/size.shtml page entirely accurate? I was farming Zorua for like an hour and was never able to find the minimum size (1'6") or the absolute max (2'9"), the closest I got to each was (1'11") and (2'8").

And some of the maximum sizes for normal variation are larger than even the alpha sizes, like Steelix/Gyarados.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Am i just unlucky or are Female Combee broken?

Combee aren't hard to find, but for the life of me I only find male ones.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you

You are really just unlucky. Combee has a 9:1 male-to-female ratio so if you keep looking you’ll eventually find one. I only found one female after catching like 20 males but a alpha Vespiquen I found made me less salty about my luck. Just keep looking and you’ll eventually find it.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I haven't seen an alpha yet either. Alpha Floatzel, I have a few of those, but not Buizel.

So just depend on RNG for everything? There's no location that has bigger Buizel?
After you defeat frenzied Kleavor, every non-unique wild Pokémon you find in Obsidian Fieldlands has a chance of being an Alpha Pokémon. This includes Buizel. (For instance, a return visit to Obsidian Fieldlands I did last night applied the Alpha status to the Shinx you're asked to catch in the tutorial.) If you're seeking out Alpha Buizel in particular, search every location there where a wild Buizel is located for the best possible odds.

So I am curious, are the sizes listed on the https://www.serebii.net/legendsarceus/size.shtml page entirely accurate? I was farming Zorua for like an hour and was never able to find the minimum size (1'6") or the absolute max (2'9"), the closest I got to each was (1'11") and (2'8").

And some of the maximum sizes for normal variation are larger than even the alpha sizes, like Steelix/Gyarados.
My experience with comparing sizes strongly suggests there is a bell curve. You'll most commonly find Pokémon at or near the median between the smallest and largest sizes, with more extreme sizes being rarer.

The ones where the Alpha Pokémon sizes are equal to or smaller than the non-Alpha ones seem to be an oversight, but I can't confirm some of them as I haven't encountered Alpha variants of most of them yet.

Failing that, an Alpha Vespiquen is available in the Crimson Mirelands. If memory serves me right, it is towards the southeast, around Cottonsedge Prairie. (Note that if you've defeated the frenzied Noble of this area, Cottonsedge Prairie is subject to frequent space-time distortions.)

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Wonderful
17 hours and only third? Yay:)

When considering the entire scope of the story, you're not even that far. Don't believe the credits. lol

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just discovered pokemon can dodge human attacks. What is this game??? :eek:

Last edited:

DizzyPatron

My experience with comparing sizes strongly suggests there is a bell curve. You'll most commonly find Pokémon at or near the median between the smallest and largest sizes, with more extreme sizes being rarer.

The ones where the Alpha Pokémon sizes are equal to or smaller than the non-Alpha ones seem to be an oversight, but I can't confirm some of them as I haven't encountered Alpha variants of most of them yet.
Bit of a bummer with the max and min size being so rare to find. I'm trying to get the perfect range entries on the pokedex. Ideally trying to have one that's smaller than the average (which is the standard standard size), and then one larger than the average, I guess outbreaks are the best shot at that.

About it being an oversight. The only thing I do know about that so far is that Alpha female Basculegion is the exact same size as the riding Basculegion.

DizzyPatron

Finally managed to find a Starly that was 1'02" which is the max size for the normal Starly, when it evolved it was consistent with the max size for normal Staravia. But then it evolved into Staraptor and that's where the listing differed. Instead of the 4'09" Serebii has listed, Staraptor was 4'08".

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Finally managed to find a Starly that was 1'02" which is the max size for the normal Starly, when it evolved it was consistent with the max size for normal Staravia. But then it evolved into Staraptor and that's where the listing differed. Instead of the 4'09" Serebii has listed, Staraptor was 4'08".
3 feet and 2 inches is the minimum height for Staraptor with 4 feet and 9 inches being the maximum height for a standard Staraptor.

DizzyPatron

3 feet and 2 inches is the minimum height for Staraptor with 4 feet and 9 inches being the maximum height for a standard Staraptor.
I get that. I'm trying to figure out why a max height Starly fell 1 inch short of Max height Staraptor when it evolved. Is weight a contributing factor maybe?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I don't remember who said if any doubted it could be gotten early. But i managed to Hisuian-Zorua before any of the last fights you can find Zorua in the underground tunnels of the Alabaster Icelands

nel3

Crimson Dragon
sort of a impulse purchase to see how this open world game is like, got the game a few hours ago. when you black out/die what do you lose? i see you awaken with some basic items but not sure how many. still havent played much further the quest after you reach base camp and the tutorial part of the game is done.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
sort of a impulse purchase to see how this open world game is like, got the game a few hours ago. when you black out/die what do you lose? i see you awaken with some basic items but not sure how many. still havent played much further the quest after you reach base camp and the tutorial part of the game is done.
You lose a few items from your Satchel, if you have Switch Online you can have other players reclaim your Satchel to get back the items you have lost.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
You lose a few items from your Satchel, if you have Switch Online you can have other players reclaim your Satchel to get back the items you have lost.
thanky you for the reply. i noticed i lost 2 pokeballs first time but at that point i only had starter pokeballs, some potions and not much else. what sort of percentage/portion is lost usually if you have alot of things in the bag?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
thanky you for the reply. i noticed i lost 2 pokeballs first time but at that point i only had starter pokeballs, some potions and not much else. what sort of percentage/portion is lost usually if you have alot of things in the bag?
Don't know the percentage. But there is a old lady at a old shrine in Jubilife Village that sells 3 charms. But they are expensive.

The first one protects items and it is used-up instead of losing instead of items (It's a one time usage)

Second one is a Blackout Preventing Charms

Third prevents status conditions on player.