• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon LEGENDS: Arceus - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Got into a issue. I had no idea Shaymin could have Earth Power if you hope to catch it. I thought it was low level but this tiny thing is a level 70 and slaughtered my lvl 49 Electabuzz who is my highest level Thunder Waver. Spamming balls outside of battles did not work.

Are there any strategies for this little hair-pulling hedgehog? Bulky Thunder or great Hypnosis wielders? I doubt my current a high level Alakazam can tank it while using Hypnosis against mythical. and i can't find anything decent on youtube.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I have a post-game question. Where can I find Iscan, Mai and Sabi?

I couldn't find them around. All the Pearl wardens and Melli are in their respective noble altars. Ingo and Arezu are in town. Adaman and Irida are on their own settlements. But I couldn't find the other three...

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Where can I find Happiny? I can’t find it but I did find the Alpha Blissey and failed to catch it.
In addition to Oreburgh Tunnel, Happiny can also be found at the top of Obsidian Falls and that beach area southeast of Aipom Hill (forgot the name, but there's an Alpha Ambipom there).

Ok, I just got to the Third Noble, and this 1 is harder to target with Balms and is insanely fast (it almost requires near precision timing as far I'm concerned). Is there an easy strategy to deal with him?

Also, are Vulpix locked behind his boss battle? Trying to get at least 1 (along with an Alpha female Eevee, but I'm working on that) and I know I'm going to the right location where they spawn.
Vulpix is a fairly rare spawn. I did find exactly one prior to fighting the boss battle of the area, so they are not locked like that.

Got into a issue. I had no idea Shaymin could have Earth Power if you hope to catch it. I thought it was low level but this tiny thing is a level 70 and slaughtered my lvl 49 Electabuzz who is my highest level Thunder Waver. Spamming balls outside of battles did not work.

Are there any strategies for this little hair-pulling hedgehog? Bulky Thunder or great Hypnosis wielders? I doubt my current a high level Alakazam can tank it while using Hypnosis against mythical. and i can't find anything decent on youtube.
The most secure way to fight Shaymin on even terms is to be high-leveled enough to match it. You don't have to be at Level 70, but I'd recommend at least Level 55. Flying-types may work; I was able to outlast it using an Alpha Gliscor I had recruited into my team some time prior.

I have a post-game question. Where can I find Iscan, Mai and Sabi?

I couldn't find them around. All the Pearl wardens and Melli are in their respective noble altars. Ingo and Arezu are in town. Adaman and Irida are on their own settlements. But I couldn't find the other three...
As far as we know, Mai and Iscan just eventually disappear. I think Sabi remains at the top floor of Snowpoint Temple. It is kind of weird that the Wardens in charge of Noble Pokémon you can ride either vanish out of sight or remain in Jubilife Village though.

Pokefan_1987

The most secure way to fight Shaymin on even terms is to be high-leveled enough to match it. You don't have to be at Level 70, but I'd recommend at least Level 55. Flying-types may work; I was able to outlast it using an Alpha Gliscor I had recruited into my team some time prior.

UPDATE
BIG OOPS: Garchomp doesn't learn False Swipe but both H-Samurott and H-Decidueye can. Which one is better suited?

My other idea is my level 74 Lucario...it can learn and use Drain Punch but that might be overkill?

Last edited:

Bluefire5

been shiny hunting and the friendly/timid ones are so much less stressful so im working on compiling a reference list and wanted to see if anyone else has done the same

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
UPDATE
BIG OOPS: Garchomp doesn't learn False Swipe but both H-Samurott and H-Decidueye can. Which one is better suited?

My other idea is my level 74 Lucario...it can learn and use Drain Punch but that might be overkill?
If you want to pick those two, Decieueye has the edge solely because Samurott has a type disadvantage from Shaymin.

Drain Punch from a Level 74 Lucario would absolutely NOT be overkill. If it isn't super-effective, you are very unlikely to knock out Shaymin in one hit. Careful about getting nailed with Earth Power though.

Pokefan_1987

Just deleted my old post.

Just want to check something, after you get all the quests from Cogita which legendaries are easiest to go after (mythicals included and in which order)

I'm mostly thinking about Darkrai so i could potentially use him as a powerful Hypnosis member? Anything that can stall him and what statuses work best.

and which legendaries is best to go after in order after him?

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Do we have access to the sprite icons found in-game on the Pokemon select screen / before you click on a Pokemon's summary? When they're in that circle where the sprites used to go? I'd like to use that artwork for my posts in the Recent Happenings thread, but sprites like these:
724-h.png
aren't really my jam.
How-To-Swap-Pokemon-Team-In-Pokemon-Legends-Arceus.jpg

See the sprite next to Rowlet's name (and the other Pokemon)? Do we have access to those images anywhere?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Can anyone access the Growlithe through the GAME website like previous events? Or are they region locking the site?

Edit: I thought it started today like the GameStop one. Might just do GameStop if I am near one this weekend.

Last edited:
Do we have access to the sprite icons found in-game on the Pokemon select screen / before you click on a Pokemon's summary? When they're in that circle where the sprites used to go? I'd like to use that artwork for my posts in the Recent Happenings thread, but sprites like these:
724-h.png
aren't really my jam.
How-To-Swap-Pokemon-Team-In-Pokemon-Legends-Arceus.jpg

See the sprite next to Rowlet's name (and the other Pokemon)? Do we have access to those images anywhere?
Bulbapedia has them all, although some are in different sizes so you would have to manually scale them if you want consistency. Not sure how happy they are with people hyperlinking them on other sites either.

NeoDude-5000

I've just finished Cogita's side-quest. So all that's left to do is finish The Deified Pokemon mission. I know I need to "Seek out all Pokemon." but do I have to 100% the PokeDex with the Dex entries beforehand? In other words catch, grind, battle, feed them all.

I've just finished Cogita's side-quest. So all that's left to do is finish The Deified Pokemon mission. I know I need to "Seek out all Pokemon." but do I have to 100% the PokeDex with the Dex entries beforehand? In other words catch, grind, battle, feed them all.
No, you just need to catch them.

Pokefan_1987

Does anyone know how to activate the new missions and the Mass Outbreaks. I only found a request that ends up being a fight Ress.

Do these missions require having defeated Volo?

I already got the credits roll after capturing Dialga and Palkia?

Ultra Beast Lover

Does anyone know how to activate the new missions and the Mass Outbreaks. I only found a request that ends up being a fight Ress.

Do these missions require having defeated Volo?

I already got the credits roll after capturing Dialga and Palkia?
Go out into the fieldlands, to the heights camp, Mai will have a request. Also, there's a request in the Galaxy Building.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Can you do any of the DLC before beating the main story? I'm more interested in the story, battles, & photography options in the update, but I haven't gone to the Alabaster Icelands yet and I don't want to rush through the game just to get to all of the new features

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Can you do any of the DLC before beating the main story? I'm more interested in the story, battles, & photography options in the update, but I haven't gone to the Alabaster Icelands yet and I don't want to rush through the game just to get to all of the new features
All are post-game only, you also need to have beaten the game’s final boss.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Pokefan_1987

I found the mission from Mai. The new outbreaks seem fun but it can seem limited due to the rainstorm and from what i see you can't guarantee that the same pokemon that was in a earlier outbreak in spot will appear in the same spot next time. Or even reach a desired spot.