• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon LEGENDS: Arceus - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

Kataphrut

I ran into a Magby for the first time on Firespit Island and accidentally fainted it. What’s the go with getting Pokémon to respawn? Do I just have to reload the area, sleep, or take out all the Graveller and Magmar in the area? I’ve heard mixed things.

Akashin

I ran into a Magby for the first time on Firespit Island and accidentally fainted it. What’s the go with getting Pokémon to respawn? Do I just have to reload the area, sleep, or take out all the Graveller and Magmar in the area? I’ve heard mixed things.
For peace of mind, you're best off going back to Jubilife and reloading the area. Sleeping might work, I can't remember, but I never had much luck trying that when looking for Bonsly or Munchlax.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
You could import pre-evolutions from other compatible games and HOME. i dont remember if magby is in Sword/Shield?

Pokefan_1987

I'm hoping to finish the Magikarp fight, i caught a magikarp in sword and beefed up with as many HP Up and Defense and Sp Defense vitamins as i could.
I also did quite a few raids to level it up quickly. From what i've seen Ingo's Electrode is level 55 and in a video that magikarp was level 95.
This is my Magikarp (before importing it from sword) But. can it survive with these stats or do i need more?

Magikarp lvl 82
Nature: Gentle
Only knows splash just like the limitations in Legends Arceus

HP: 180
Attack: 36
Defense 139
Sp Defense: 67
Sp Attack: 67
Speed: 155

Pokefan_1987

Magikarp's Path if solitude is very UNBALANCED

I trained it with candies in sword. It had a lax nature in sword but in Legends It turned into a gentle nature It has a sp. defense boosting and lowers physical defense. (Self Destruct is a physical move)

Its level 100 and but i hyper trained the physical defense to 178 and it lowered to 151 in legends arceus when transferred and it lost

is this game punishing transferred pokemons ?

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Magikarp's Path if solitude is very UNBALANCED

I trained it with candies in sword. It had a lax nature in sword but in Legends It turned into a gentle nature It has a sp. defense boosting and lowers physical defense. (Self Destruct is a physical move)

Its level 100 and but i hyper trained the physical defense to 178 and it lowered to 151 in legends arceus when transferred and it lost

is this game punishing transferred pokemons ?
Are you confusing the colours that indicate which stats the various natures affect (bar the possibility you used a Gentle Mint on your Magikarp)? The stat with a red arrow is the one that grows faster than normal while the one in blue grows slower than usual, it can confusing going from something like Fire Emblem Heroes in which boons are coloured blue while banes are in red.

Pokefan_1987

Are you confusing the colours that indicate which stats the various natures affect (bar the possibility you used a Gentle Mint on your Magikarp)? The stat with a red arrow is the one that grows faster than normal while the one in blue grows slower than usual, it can confusing going from something like Fire Emblem Heroes in which boons are coloured blue while banes are in red.
Nope i didn't misread them and never used mints. but the insane ammount of stat lowering of a transfer pokemon, a cut of my defense stat from 171 to 151.
I guess i have to find something like a alpha magikarp and train it. But leveling is so slow in legends arceus when you're far into the game

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Are mints pre-determined after a harvest? My Alpha Magikarp has a Rash nature.

Pokefan_1987

I also noticed that Path of Solitude Electrode is technically cheating/unfair.

The tradition is that this move always KO's out the user. But not in Legends Arceus
The user causes an explosion to inflict damage on the target. This also damages the user.
So it launches the first Self Destruct move, but when my Magikarp gets to make a move...this cheap-shot change allows Electrode to most likely have 20 left...it allows me to use splash, and then launches a second Self Destruct and i lost on my first attempt.

WHAT THE CR*P is going on in the developers minds regarding Hisuian move balance ?

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I also noticed that Path of Solitude Electrode is technically cheating/unfair.

The tradition is that this move always KO's out the user. But not in Legends Arceus

So it launches the first Self Destruct move, but when my Magikarp gets to make a move...this cheap-shot change allows Electrode to most likely have 20 left...it allows me to use splash, and then launches a second Self Destruct and i lost on my first attempt.

WHAT THE CR*P is going on in the developers minds regarding Hisuian move balance ?
According to a guide I found they recommend being at least level 90 and then HP and Defense at least 215 each. That will net you a guaranteed victory.

There wouldn't happen to be any tricks to influencing the rate at which certain trees / rocks shake, would there?

I did a bit of poking around and couldn't really find anything concrete beyond 'return to village, try area again' which the idiot in me finds disagreeable since I don't like going back without a few pastures worth of captures. Some claim chucking honey at trees can have an impact and that... kind of worked for me? It could have just as well been a funny coincidence, though.

I don't want to prattle anymore than I have so yeah, if there's any knowledge on the matter it would be nice to know before relevant research gets to a point that I start losing my mind.

Pokefan_1987

One thing i'm wondering. I've seen that you can do rematch the noble bosses after defeating Volo.

But do they get improved levels or tougher?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
One thing i'm wondering. I've seen that you can do rematch the noble bosses after defeating Volo.

But do they get improved levels or tougher?
They're all lv70 with updated movepools:

Pokefan_1987

Eeep...So much for trying easy grinding on them with a strong team. Avalugg is the only one with the easiest dodging attack.

Pokefan_1987

Why not use path of Tenacity and Ingo battles for that?
I had a bad day a few weeks ago importing a a lvl 100 magikarp from sword not realizing the defense stat would change in PLA and the stats were too low to survive Magikarp vs Electrode.
I even released it out of shame like James did to his Magikarp

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I had a bad day a few weeks ago importing a a lvl 100 magikarp from sword not realizing the defense stat would change in PLA and the stats were too low to survive Magikarp vs Electrode.
I even released it out of shame like James did to his Magikarp
You mistaken Path of Solitude with Path of Tenacity.

Path of Tenacity is Fighting vs Galaxy Gang, Pearl Clan and Diamond Clan:)