• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon LEGENDS: Arceus - Recent Happenings Thread

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just got a extra Metal Coat and leveling my Alpha Scyther into a Alpha Scizor. (Into know it was it the game before i checked.)
I also bought the dark slate tuxedo for and the electric fan for after i found found of the bandit the sisters (Toxicroak) and she dropped 4 nuggets. (40.000) And the electric fan for Rotom.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I finally finished the first part of the main story by catching Dialga and Palkia. In hindsight, I shouldn't have rushed through the finale. but I was really sucked into the game and I wanted to see it through. The boss fights during this finale weren't the toughest battles I've had in pokemon, but they were definitely challenging and I got my butt handed to me a couple of times when battling Beni & Kamado. The Dialga fight was difficult at first but got steadily easier once I figured out the attack patterns. When I got to the battle stages of the match, I used Chatot to weaken its attack so that Palkia could easily switch in & knock it out (or stun it, technically)

Right now, I'm planning on taking a break from Legends for a bit because I want to figure how to handle the postgame narratively (I've been going back and forth between BD & Legends as if they're the same game, so I want to figure out how to handle my playthough in terms of team building and plot progression moving forward). As far as storytelling elements go, my character Moira decided to stay in Hisui for now (even though there's a chance that she may be stuck in the past forever) because she feels there's something that she still needs to finish, which leads to the main plots of completing the pokedex, defeating Volo & Giratina, meeting Arceus, helping Hisui further develop into the Sinnoh region, and setting the ancestors to various humans & pokemon in the present on the right paths. I've also been mainly sticking to 10 pokemon for the main playthrough (based on captures from both Legends & BD) to act as a parallel to the hero of Hisui befriending 10 pokemon, but I'm trying to decide how many Moira is going to keep on her team for the postgame (Dialga & Palkia are just temporary team members since I plan on "releasing" them at the end of the story). I also want to try making a few short comics based on my playthrough.

Current Team (In Rotation):
  • Megumi (Infernape)
  • Repun (Samurott)
  • Mirai (Roserade)
  • Charap (Chatot)
  • Taku (Rampardos)
  • Seiko (Gliscor)
  • Dijon (Porygon-Z)
  • Nusa-kor (Alpha Wyrdeer)
  • Chep (Basculegion)
  • Kanna (Alpha Voltorb)
  • Palkia
  • Dialga

Pending
  • Alpha Zoroark
  • Alpha Overqwill
  • Alpha Goodra
  • Paseguru (Sneasel)
  • Kim-un (Shiny Ursaluna)

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
currently working on my Alpha-bet. I just need Alpha Unown A and then I'm done

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
@Mr. Munchlax

You're gonna need a strong team. Volo punishes players hard if you're unprepared when Giratina appears.

Hint: Bring a pokemon with obscuring effects in their moves like Cresselia's Lunar Blessing and plenty of Max Revives. I had at least 10 Max Revives before fighting Volo. A strong Alpha Garchomp with good Attack stats works well if it manages to outspeed Giratina.
You don't wan't to go in underleveled.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I FINALLY CAUGHT A BIG BUIZEL! :D

I was never able to find one in my first playthrough, but in this one, I caught it before even taking on the first Noble. How lucky is that?
That’s sort of what happened to me. I went overboard when catching pokémon during the crafting challenge since I didn’t know you had to talk to Prof. Laventon to update your Pokédex info (or that you didn’t have to finish every task to consider a page complete). I ended up catching several Buizel while I was out and found one that was the right size completely by coincidence :p

Ultra Beast Lover

I got lucky with Alpha Buizel on my second playthrough after fighting Kleavor. On my way back to the first camp I checked out the spot in the starting area and I saw it, right across the river. So, I did what any sane person would do, I hopped onto Wyrdeer, went a ways away, dashed forward, jumped, and used my three seconds to swim to shore. I drowned a lot because I didn't know where the two river shores were at their closest but once I did it I crammed it into a pokeball and gave it to the guy.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I got lucky with Alpha Buizel on my second playthrough after fighting Kleavor. On my way back to the first camp I checked out the spot in the starting area and I saw it, right across the river. So, I did what any sane person would do, I hopped onto Wyrdeer, went a ways away, dashed forward, jumped, and used my three seconds to swim to shore. I drowned a lot because I didn't know where the two river shores were at their closest but once I did it I crammed it into a pokeball and gave it to the guy.
This is what I plan on doing for my play through on the alt account. Everybody who wants a Pokémon gets an alpha.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Got 2 Paras Outbreaks in about an hour of each other. One in Obsidian Fieldlands, one in Crimson Mirelands. 16-20 Paras and not one Shiny :(

In better news, i caught an Alpha Stantler that wasnt the "Guaranteed" Spawn. 20 Croagunk Psyshield Bashed later and i have a Giant Wydeer. A Cherrim also fell from a tree, so i may be able to finish that request shortly.

Started Coronet Highlands as well, and having Sneasler means the Ride Wydeer can finally stop falling off cliffs for me.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
After my first attempt didn't go very well, I've started up a new save file for Legands: Arceus and seeing how I go with it. I've picked Oshawott as my starter again, the team right now is the Bidoof, Starly and Shinx from the catcjing tutorial, and I'm up to the section where you need to fill in research tasks in the Obsidian Fieldlands. I'm taking everything slow and steady this time, I probably won't do a huge amount of NPC requests, and now I know that you just have to catch each Pokemon to eventually get to Arceus (it was always my understanding that you needed to fill out all of the research tasks too and get each Pokedex entry to 10), I can focus more on building up a good team. I've seen Eevee in the Obsidian Fieldlands before, so I'm hoping one spawns while I'm here.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After my first attempt didn't go very well, I've started up a new save file for Legands: Arceus and seeing how I go with it. I've picked Oshawott as my starter again, the team right now is the Bidoof, Starly and Shinx from the catcjing tutorial, and I'm up to the section where you need to fill in research tasks in the Obsidian Fieldlands. I'm taking everything slow and steady this time, I probably won't do a huge amount of NPC requests, and now I know that you just have to catch each Pokemon to eventually get to Arceus (it was always my understanding that you needed to fill out all of the research tasks too and get each Pokedex entry to 10), I can focus more on building up a good team. I've seen Eevee in the Obsidian Fieldlands before, so I'm hoping one spawns while I'm here.
Here’s a video on where to catch Eevee in the Obsidian Fieldlands, though they also appear quite often in the Space-Time distortions once you unlock those. My best advice for now is to make sure you have plenty of berries and practice on your back strikes. Good luck, you’ve got this! ;)

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Obtained all the Pokemon in the Hisui Pokedex to be able to face Arceus in the final mission. Espeon was the last Pokemon to be obtained since I had grind friendship on an Eevee since I never had the fortune in encountering one in Space-time Distortions in the Icelands. Now deciding whether I should build a team for the final showdown or just rely on Balms alone.

Edit: Definitely the toughest battle out of the game but I got Arceus, now comes getting all the non-Mythical Pokemon’s Dex Levels to 10.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Holy crap I managed to beat Volo the first time. Even after the grinding I did I didn't think it would be enough and have to resort to using the Legendaries and Mythicals I caught.

That's a big weight off my back, lol

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I did my best to try to evolve my Stantler into Wyrdeer before reaching Lv. 31, by seeking out a Seed of Mastery.

The moment I got a Seed of Mastery, Stantler hit Lv. 31. You have no idea how PO'd I was. All that time and effort wasted.

Ultra Beast Lover

I caught a Togepi in Cottonsedge Prairie, wasn't a problem at all, the main difficulty was finding it because it was so rainy and at night. Now I just need a Piplup and my team will be complete. Still haven't fought the noble, I want to make sure there isn't any clothing DLC.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Jeez, why is finding a Black Augurite so hard?

I just wanna evolve my Scyther so I can continue my task of obtaining all Noble pokemon, but jeez! I don't want unlock access to the Crimson Mirelands until I've obtained Kleavor, but now I feel like I have to unlock access. This is a pain in the butt.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Jeez, why is finding a Black Augurite so hard?

I just wanna evolve my Scyther so I can continue my task of obtaining all Noble pokemon, but jeez! I don't want unlock access to the Crimson Mirelands until I've obtained Kleavor, but now I feel like I have to unlock access. This is a pain in the butt.
Is online trading possible in PLA? I think I have a bunch of Black Augurite that I could trade.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
The final battle against Arceus is even more difficult than I imagined. How is it even possible for the rest of you to go up against something like that and survive?

Red and Blue

The final battle against Arceus is even more difficult than I imagined. How is it even possible for the rest of you to go up against something like that and survive?
It took me around two hours to beat him. For me the key was the memorize the patterns of the seven attacks he uses and know when to dodge them. It got easier the more times I went against him

Getting survival charms before the battle helps also