• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon LEGENDS: Arceus - Recent Happenings Thread

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I finished the game today. It is a good concept, but I wish I had known about the boss battle system. For me, a person affected by a disability that impacts the function of one hand, this game was unfortunately, a trap. I most likely won't play this again.
I know what you mean, I have trouble with my hand joints so my reactions aren't as fast as they need to be for the boss fights, I can't do any of them without being defeated at least twice, I only get through them because of the continue where you left off option.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
After three weeks of playing, I'm at the 9 star rank, I've managed to get 164 Dex entries fully registered, and the next thing to do in the story is the infamous Volo battle. However at this point I've lost the motivation to continue playing the game, so I may either take a long break and start a Violet playthrough, or delete my current save, leave it for a while and start again with a new team. If I do that I think I'll move all of the Pokemon that it'll be a pain to get again (Ursaluna, Wyrdeer, the Eevee family, the stone evolutions, Porygon-Z....) into Pokemon Home then move them into the new save.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Evolved a Petilil and Ursaring (brought over from Sword and BD respectively) that I intend to transfer over to Violet once Home compatibility for Gen 9 opens up and obtained a few more I also intend to bring over (mostly Hisuian forms). In the process I was able to catch three Shiny Pokemon, H-Sneasel, Combee (sadly a male) and one that I wanted for a long time, Roselia. Unless I happen upon another shiny of the Roselia line this one is likely remaining in my LA save file.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Decided I was going to travel back to Hisui this evening. Been playing a lot of SV so I needed something to break up the monotony of jumping from raid-to-raid. Anyways I went on a couple outings for shiny hunts and massive mass outbreaks. On one such outbreak I encountered a shiny alpha Ursaring which is beyond lucky. I decided to move it into Home and check its IVs given that its speed GV was 0… and wow. Its speed IV was 0! I moved it back into PLA and evolved it into Ursaluna after forcing a full moon and proceeded to give it a brave mint. Now comes the long wait of it sitting in Home again until I can use it in SV. I felt like I won the lottery there.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
After a while away from Hisui, and as the wait for Scarlet and Violet's Pokemon Home compatibility continues, I decided to start another Legends: Arceus playthrough today, this time with a team of Pokemon I've never used before. I picked Cyndaquil as my starter for the first time, soft-reset until I got a female and named her Violet, and for the rest of the main team I plan to have Empoleon, Lilligant, Kleavor and two others I haven't decided on yet. I'm two hours into the game, I've got as far as the Alpha Kricketune battle on Deertrack Heights, and I've already caught a Shiny! It's a male Bidoof, and I'm still deciding on a good name for him.

Jakilutra

This is my first log here, but I’ve been playing the one PLA save file for about a year now, with over 500 hours.

I recently maxed out the pokedex entry for Giratina (999 in everything), and even have maximum sized Giratina (from PoGO) and minimium sized Giratina (from Sinjoh Ruins, traded for). The minimum sized Giratina is level 1, knows only 1 move and has 0 effort levels; while the maximum sized one is level 100, knows all moves (still have to master about half) and has all 60 effort levels. The maximum sized Giratina is shiny origin, while I also have maxed out Giratina (apart from mastering all moves) with varying sizes that consist of origin, alternate and shiny alternate.

So I’m very pleased that I’ve completed/collected so much for Giratina, but now I’ve started to go back to perfecting my dex.

I recently perfected Haunter (unintentionally) and Espeon (intentionally) to up my count to 66 perfect. Research points-wise, I’m well over 100k (caps at 99, 999; true max is 125,200), so I think I can complete lots relatively quickly.

I also want a living dex of every obtainable alpha, but the space-time distortion ones are majorly holding me up; and I’m also doing path of solitude gradually at the moment, while I max out pokemon one at a time.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
348602852_207310978783923_8923252193451350150_n.jpg

I love this screenshot. When I got the whole team out for a chat I didn't expect them all to fall asleep at once. It's really cute.

I completed the Pokedex and challenged Arceus yesterday, I've always had issues with the Arceus battle, so this time I bought all of those "Faint Less Frequently" charms and found it a lot easier. I also really psyched myself up for the Volo battle, but I didn't actually find it that bad, take away the gimmick of Giratina and it's pretty much a standard Pokemon battle, so I didn't struggle too much.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I transferred a few pokemon from Sword to help me complete some of my tasks and get to the next area. I was excited to see all the pokemon in Legends Arceus. I arrived at the Cobalt Coastlands with the goal of finding Chatot, which I feel I haven’t seen since forever in a pokemon game.

Jakilutra

Just got to 100 perfect dex entries. I also transferred over a shiny Regigigas from Pokémon GO that I will level up to 100. My shiny species count is now 111 (131 forms), which includes 7 (13) imported shiny legendaries.

I’m going to continue working on my perfecting entries. My next goal is to get 121, which will mean I’m halfway there.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Just met Palina, the puppies (Growlithe) and Iscan in Cobalt Coastlands. Such wonderful characters full of personality, backstory and motivations. I also encountered Stantler for the first time, but they quickly ran away, so I’m still trying to catch one. I’m also going after the three sisters in Firespit Island.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm still playing mostly to find the shiny Hisuian Formes.

Today I went into a Basculin Outbreak in the Icelands. Nothing. I rode Basculegion back to the northern camp since I wanted to check the Basculin and Rufflet spawns there. Then I went over the ridge to check some Sneasel spawns. I decided to check up on the lone Zorua in the ground and lo and behold.. My first shiny Hisuian Zorua! I reminded myself that I only recently completed the research tasks for that entry and trying my luck I went to the larger subterranian cave complex to check the other Zorua.

As soon as I dropped in from Braviary I heard the sparkles. But it wasn't a Zorua, it was a shiny Bergmite! Another first! I immediately caught it. Then I went to the room where Zorua spawns.. and guess what?! The sparkle sound again!

But no sparkles.

The Zorua was white and red and the Misdreavus wasn't green. The Haunter I passed wasn't shiny either after initiating a battle with it. I concluded that the shiny sound effect must've been coming from above ground. I planted a flag, went up. Went to the flag..

And there was a second(!) shiny Bergmite!

Now this was quite the surprise! I already have a shiny Hisuian Avalugg in Pokemon Go, so I sent the better shiny Bergmite to my Scarlet copy where I'll evolve it into a regular Avalugg - which means I'll have the entire family complete. :D

Then I went to the Coastlands for a Growlithe outbreak. On the way I fly over some waters just to yet again check for Basculin and in this case Qwilfish as well. I have 1 shiny Qwilfish, but I need a second for Overqwil. Well.. I needed a second, because just as I flew west from the camp on the southern portion of the map, there was that sound again! And now I have a second Qwilfish and will be evolving it into Overqwil soon.

What a rush! 4 shinies I really wanted in the span of half an hour! This game can be so instantly gratifying at times (albeit a lot more random then before the update that won't be mentioned that destroyed the easiest shiny hunting method ever...).

To do list:
- 2x Shiny H-Growlite
- 3x Shiny WS-Basculin (M/F).
- 1x Shiny H-Zorua (my kid found one as well). But I don't want to rob him of his shinies.
- 2x Shiny H-Sneasel (my kid found one).
- 1x Rufflet / or H-Braviary (I have one Rufflet in PoGo and one Rufflet in PLA).
- 2x Shiny H-Voltorb (my kid has them).
- 2 or 3x Shiny Goomy - knowing there'll be a Goomy Community Day in Pokemon next June helps. And my kid has found two shiny Goomy as well.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Been playing it again today, started transferring old Pokémon from Home into the game to challenge the different Paths at the training grounds in Jubilife village

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I went to Alabaster Icelands and captured two zoruas. Now I’m following Sabi to the Snow temple! I really love this entire area of the game, it is beautiful and the soundtrack just makes it better!

Update:

I finished exploring the Snowpoint temple and got to fly with Braviary. I defeated the Lord of the Tundra and got kicked out of the village. How dare they? lol There’s a lot happening at once. Really liking this part of the story.

Last edited:

Jakilutra

I reached 121 perfect entries, half of the dex done! I got through all the Alabaster Icelands exclusives and was working on some of the grass types most recently.

Just yesterday, I also reached 121 shiny species, which included the legendary ones I transferred in from GO.

I’m hoping to perfect my dex by the end of the summer.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I met mistress Cogita, I think she is very interesting and I hope to see more of her. I’m glad that the characters in this game feel immersed in the story as much as the protagonist. I captured Palkia, which was easier than I thought it would be. Then Dialga appeared and I thought it was going to be another simple capture, but it turns out it’s boss battle time. I’ve also been enjoying the dialogue between the different characters involved in the situation. Props to commander Cyllene for her advice.

“If I might offer my advice. In this life, you will meet with both admiration and abuse from others. How others choose to view you is a choice only they can make. You cannot make it for them. All that truly matters is that you hold firm to your own values."

LambzGoHard

As I have everything done in Scarlet & Violet until the DLC releases I decided to start Legends Arceus. I started the game and quickly transferred a Pokémon to Pokémon Home so I could log into the mobile version to get all three of the starters via mystery gift. The game is very different than any other Pokémon game and I think it'll take me a while to get used to the mechanics and the way things are in the game and stuff but I'm definitely interested.

I've completed the first 5 missions and I'm about to start the 6th mission. I've also completed almost 8-9 Pokédex entries to level 10. I originally thought I had to fully complete everything in the entry to complete them but I only need a certain amount of red ticks to complete them which I'm so glad about. I've also done a few easy and quick requests too. I'm currently a Second Star Rank.

My team is made up with Pokémon that I had in Pokémon Home so I've started with a full team. I wanted to use some different and interesting Pokémon for this playthrough and I think I have a decent team for this game. I've seen that a lot of trainers were saying to just use whatever you want so that's what I did. My team are all around level 13 at the moment.

Update: I've been playing it over the past few days and have just beat Lilligant and Kamado wants me to go investigate The Cobalt Coastlands which is the tenth mission. I've just really been getting quite sidetracked and completing Pokédex entries. I'm currently a Fifth Star Rank and have barely began completing Pokédex entries for the Pokémon in The Crimson Mireland! I'm just having a very chilled time with this game, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I've also only done like 5 digging spots with Ursaluna and have already found a Sun Stone & a Peat Block so I guess I'm lucky?

My team are all currently around level 42. I've also been collecting the Lost Satchels and got myself a Reaper Cloth & evolved my Dusclops into Dusknoir. I'm gonna continue to collect them to get a Protector for my Rhydon. It's the last Pokémon on my team that needs to evolve.

Current Team:
Lumineon
Tangrowth
Infernape
Pachirisu
Dusknoir
Rhydon

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
As I have everything done in Scarlet & Violet until the DLC releases I decided to start Legends Arceus. I started the game and quickly transferred a Pokémon to Pokémon Home so I could log into the mobile version to get all three of the starters via mystery gift. The game is very different than any other Pokémon game and I think it'll take me a while to get used to the mechanics and the way things are in the game and stuff but I'm definitely interested.

I've completed the first 5 missions and I'm about to start the 6th mission. I've also completed almost 8-9 Pokédex entries to level 10. I originally thought I had to fully complete everything in the entry to complete them but I only need a certain amount of red ticks to complete them which I'm so glad about. I've also done a few easy and quick requests too. I'm currently a Second Star Rank.

My team is made up with Pokémon that I had in Pokémon Home so I've started with a full team. I wanted to use some different and interesting Pokémon for this playthrough and I think I have a decent team for this game. I've seen that a lot of trainers were saying to just use whatever you want so that's what I did. My team are all around level 13 at the moment.

Update: I've been playing it over the past few days and have just beat Lilligant and Kamado wants me to go investigate The Cobalt Coastlands which is the tenth mission. I've just really been getting quite sidetracked and completing Pokédex entries. I'm currently a Fifth Star Rank and have barely began completing Pokédex entries for the Pokémon in The Crimson Mireland! I'm just having a very chilled time with this game, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I've also only done like 5 digging spots with Ursaluna and have already found a Sun Stone & a Peat Block so I guess I'm lucky?

My team are all currently around level 42. I've also been collecting the Lost Satchels and got myself a Reaper Cloth & evolved my Dusclops into Dusknoir. I'm gonna continue to collect them to get a Protector for my Rhydon. It's the last Pokémon on my team that needs to evolve.

Current Team:
Lumineon
Tangrowth
Infernape
Pachirisu
Dusknoir
Rhydon

It's all fun and games until the fifth area in my experience. :p

I completely agree. This game is such a fun way to just spend time. I'm not even done with Scarlet, but I tend to click back with PLA very often. Since I can now use the Hisuian Pokémon in Scarlet, I want to use them in that playthrough as well.

For instance, I can catch the Normal-Tera Scyther in Scarlet and then evolve it into Kleavor in PLA and send it back to Scarlet.

If you started PLA now, you will have missed the best shiny hunting days.. There was a method where you could reset the outbreaks you get and just reset until you got a shiny. They fixed this, but the odds for shinies are still incredibly high and the shiny sound is iconic and missed in S/V.

Picked up my second shiny Bronzor last night.

Last edited:

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I was completing the quest to find Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf. I was not expecting them to talk. I really liked their characterization. It’s cool that in the pokemon world humans aren’t the only ones with the capacity to form complex thoughts and feelings.

LambzGoHard

I went to investigate the Cobalt Coastlands. I got the Basculegion mount and then proceeded to Firespit Island and defeated Arcanine. It was the hardest so far. I then went back to Jubilife Village and reported back to Kamado. I have to go to Coronet Highlands next to defeat Electrode. I also got the Protector and evolved my Rhydon into Rhyperior. My team is now fully evolved.

I decided to do some Pokémon Living Dex work. I evolved some Pokémon and got Hisui Arcanine, Hisui Lilligant, Hisui Sliggoo, Kleavor, Ursaluna, Overquil, Wyrdeer, Basculegion (both a male & a female) and the Hisui forms of the three starters. My team is all around level 60 and I'm also a Seventh Star Rank. My next stop is Coronet Highlands.

Update: I leveled up my Hisuian Sliggoo to level 50 and evolved it into Hisuian Goodra. I then traversed through the Coronet Highlands, got the Sneasler mount and defeated Electrode. I found the battle to be pretty easy and straight forward.

I also caught a few Hisuian Voltorb & Hisuian Sneasel. I got a Razor Claw very quickly and then farmed for a second one which didn't take very long. I evolved one of my Voltorb & Sneasel for my Pokémon Living Dex for Pokémon Home. I completed a few more Pokédex entries, done some requests and also collected all available Lost Satchels. I also reached the Eighth Star Rank. I'm just gonna continue to collect the Lost Satchels incase I need the merit points for something later. My next stop is the Alabaster Icelands to take on the final Lord, Avalugg.

Last edited:

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I defeated Dialga and watched the credits. After that I went to complete the quest to capture Shaymin! Love that pokemon :) After testing it in battle now I’ll be trying to complete the remaining requests, search for the other legendaries and head to the camp where Volo is waiting.