• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon LEGENDS: Arceus - Recent Happenings Thread

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The Diamond and Pearl Clans both have settlements as well.
But they mostly have tents and sacred arenas. We haven't seen fortresses of any kind from them.

And yet they didn't wan't to risk protecting the player their camps... who just helped them. I don't know if the other Kamodo would be furious enough to order the Galactic Clan to attack the clans or if the Opposite Clan would attack those hiding the player.

How the Ancient Retreat came to exist and the how the Gingko Trading Clan managed to hide their true home so well and and managed to be neutral clan is a mystery?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
But they mostly have tents and sacred arenas. We haven't seen fortresses of any kind from them.

And yet they didn't wan't to risk protecting the player their camps... who just helped them. I don't know if the other Kamodo would be furious enough to order the Galactic Clan to attack the clans or if the Opposite Clan would attack those hiding the player.

How the Ancient Retreat came to exist and the how the Gingko Trading Clan managed to hide their true home so well and and managed to be neutral clan is a mystery?

Settlements don't necessarily require fortresses, although honestly if dangerous wild Pokemon are roaming about, they're not a bad idea. I got the feeling that the Diamond and Pearl clans are semi-nomadic however, since their dwellings are mostly tents or crude homes that could easily be deconstructed and moved elsewhere, unlike the permanent fortifications of Jubilife Village. If that is the case, then it makes sense for them not to have fortresses or even walls; such things aren't exactly easy to move.

I also don't think the Gingko Guild is necessarily as big as the other groups, so them remaining hidden isn't too much of a stretch. As for how they stayed neutral, that's probably because they're traders. They have a vested interest in remaining neutral as it allows them to trade with all three groups, whereas siding with any one group would probably force them to stop trading with the other two. On the other hand, the clans and Jubilife Village have an interest in keeping them neutral as trying to force them to pick a side could result in them siding with the other two groups instead, resulting in lost trade to the side that forced their hand.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

I won't give too much away but the Ancient Retreat doesn't belong to the Ginko Guild. The game itself doesn't explain much but it's not a Ginko Guild camp

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
There's also a location in the Cobalt Coastlands called Gingko Landing, which is presumably where the Gingko Guild moor ships to load and unload goods to trade. It could be that the Gingko Guild is actually based out of another region and ships goods to Hisui overseas, and the Gingko Guild traders in PLA act as basically feudal traveling salesmen and spend all their time on the road or selling their goods in the settlements.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Everyone, I have found God...and then proceeded to stuff Him in a tiny ball.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Just caught Azelf with one Ultra Ball and am now an Eight Star member of the team. I think I'm going to hold off on finishing the Porygon line and focus on the non-rift based Pokemon so I'm now beginning the Cobalt Coastlands pokedex. I also caught Alpha Drapion without it even noticing me.

Pokefan_1987

Caught Dialga at the Coronet Mountain in just a single pokeball after going after Commander Kamado

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Worked a bit on the Cobalt Coastland’s Pokedex before returning to quell Avalugg. Compared to Electrode the on field phase was not as hectic, only slightly tricky part was getting the hang of dodging the icicle spears. Currently now about to choose a clan leader to accompany for the three trials of Sinnoh’s lakes.

Mileron

Except for a couple hours the first few days I got it, and a few hours' grinding recovering from a migraine, most of my 28-some-hours playtime has been on the train commuting. Sound is off, train is very bright and reflects strongly on the Switch.

Yesterday I was finishing up tenning the Obsidian Fieldlands 'Dex by running my sole Monferno around with a couple other 'mons for expshare, going counter-clockwise from the northern camp down around past the Alpha Snorlax etc and so forth.

Caught the Alphakazam. Weedle. Flamewheel. Weedle. Flamewheel. Abra. Resource. Monferno. Beautifly. Flamewheel. Repeat nearly ad nauseum.

Until, just as a Beautifly dies, I see an extra little icon next to the gender marker. Three tiny little stars.

I killed. A shiny. Beautifly.

Needless to say, I'm saddened.

Other than the mission reward, this is my first shiny in a console Poke-game since D/P.

Also, being slightly colorblind, I couldn't tell it was a shiny because the color difference, in game, at the game time, at the environment I was in, I simply couldn't see that it was a different color.

So I immediately closed the game, stowed my switch, and waited for the commute and workday to end.

I get back on the train and diligently attempt to re-trace my steps. I don't think that I killed enough Weedle, but that's not important.

I see two Beautifly in the distance, run up, engage both... and the second one is shiny.

Happy Dance of Sparkly Joy.

I think going forward I'll pay more attention to the nameplate icons.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Good news: I finally found my first Outbreak. Bad News: It was Shinx.

Nothing wrong with shinx normally, but their "Aggressive" Nature in this game made the outbreak difficult. Ended up in a 3 on 1 fight as soon as i found them. Then when i escaped i ended up tossing Spoiled Apricorns and Mud left and right to catch the shinx. Until i found a patch of grass to hide in. Then it was Feather Pokeballs until the outbreak was over.

No Shiny Shinx, but i did get 2 Alphas.

MidnightHo-Oh

Except for a couple hours the first few days I got it, and a few hours' grinding recovering from a migraine, most of my 28-some-hours playtime has been on the train commuting. Sound is off, train is very bright and reflects strongly on the Switch.

Yesterday I was finishing up tenning the Obsidian Fieldlands 'Dex by running my sole Monferno around with a couple other 'mons for expshare, going counter-clockwise from the northern camp down around past the Alpha Snorlax etc and so forth.

Caught the Alphakazam. Weedle. Flamewheel. Weedle. Flamewheel. Abra. Resource. Monferno. Beautifly. Flamewheel. Repeat nearly ad nauseum.

Until, just as a Beautifly dies, I see an extra little icon next to the gender marker. Three tiny little stars.

I killed. A shiny. Beautifly.

Needless to say, I'm saddened.

Other than the mission reward, this is my first shiny in a console Poke-game since D/P.

Also, being slightly colorblind, I couldn't tell it was a shiny because the color difference, in game, at the game time, at the environment I was in, I simply couldn't see that it was a different color.

So I immediately closed the game, stowed my switch, and waited for the commute and workday to end.

I get back on the train and diligently attempt to re-trace my steps. I don't think that I killed enough Weedle, but that's not important.

I see two Beautifly in the distance, run up, engage both... and the second one is shiny.

Happy Dance of Sparkly Joy.

I think going forward I'll pay more attention to the nameplate icons.
Just confirming... you mean Wurmple, not Weedle, right?

Ultra Beast Lover

Almost done with the Coastlands, right now I just need a Magmarizer and to evolve my two Eevee into Umbreon and Espeon.

Pokefan_1987

Just caught a Turtwig. It was in the Droning Meadows far right on the map in the Crimson Mirelands. Finally i have a Grass Type on my team. Might be on the lookout for a wild Oshawott and Rowlett later.

Be careful Turtwig is in the category for pokemon that disappear into the grass like Eevee.
If you don't have berry bait to distract Paras or the if aim assist keeps targeting the bugs then Turtwig gets a higher chance of running away.

First don't swim over the water on Basculegion, Turtwig will hear it 70% of the time and leave. Don't climb from the mountain around the clearing or else it won't spawn properly to snipe it with a ball.

Next throw berries into the middle area away from the grass and sneak in a counter clockwise direction from the lake and you want Turtwig to leave that grass. I used a Ultra Ball first turn.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

With Turtwig I caught mine at night so there was a wild Ghastly. If I remember correctly I stayed crouched down in the grass, threw a berry to attract Turtwig, then quickly threw a ball, caught it, and ran as fast as I could.

Thankfully the Piplup were easier, I stunned the one and caught it and then I snagged the other one with a backstrike.

Pokefan_1987

With Turtwig I caught mine at night so there was a wild Ghastly. If I remember correctly I stayed crouched down in the grass, threw a berry to attract Turtwig, then quickly threw a ball, caught it, and ran as fast as I could.

Thankfully the Piplup were easier, I stunned the one and caught it and then I snagged the other one with a backstrike.
My Turtwig only spawned during the day. I don't notice a big difference since in my game the apocalypse sky is still going on during gathering the Legendary Ore. I'm trying to make a good team and research my team flaws. I've been relying too much on Lucario.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So I finally reached the Act II spoiler and I got to say:

The fact that your Pokemon don't even heal after a battle but before facing Giratina twice feels more like a cheap trick thrown at you than a challenge that you can really prepare for. The first challenge isn't even that difficult, but then they throw some crap at you. It's not like you can switch Pokemon willy-nilly during the first battle. Even throwing in Max Revives doesn't really help that much.

Pokefan_1987

So I finally reached the Act II spoiler and I got to say:

The fact that your Pokemon don't even heal after a battle but before facing Giratina twice feels more like a cheap trick thrown at you than a challenge that you can really prepare for. The first challenge isn't even that difficult, but then they throw some crap at you. It's not like you can switch Pokemon willy-nilly during the first battle. Even throwing in Max Revives doesn't really help that much.
In that case the best thing would be to overlevel quite a bit so you can overpower all 3 fights and tank their hit without dying. Save far away so if you wipe out, you can reset and train more.

Snorlax type is a good all rounder with a potential for TON of HitPoints could be a good Shadow Ball and Ice Punch attacker and that's two of Giratina's weaknesses.

Only Black and White 1 are memorable for giving you a free heal since Ghetsis is designed to be really hard right after N and his Champion Team.

Last edited:

PokeAmi

Decided I wanted a Alpha Togepi on the team, so after 2 hours of resetting outbreaks I gave up since no Togepi outbreak showed up, only mostly the same 'Mons appearing again and again. Went to Crimson Mirelands to the flower field spot and only barely saw Alpha Pachirisu from the top of the hill. About to leave, but then I also heard a loud Togepi cry and investigated closer and there it was! Not only a Alpha Pachirisu, but Alpha Togepi hanging right beside it! Ended up catching both.

I'm almost 70 hours into the game and will soon travel to the Icelands to quell the last Noble. Still addicted to collecting items, searching outbreaks and filling the Pokedex w/ catching pokémon, so I take my time with that and not rush the main story.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I LOVE these games. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
Atm I am in the post game and got Giratina and next need to look for the Unova bird leganderis. Although Idk if Unova is the right term anymore since we have a new one related to Sinnoh