• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon LEGENDS: Arceus - Recent Happenings Thread

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
If you think Thundurus is bad, wait until you get to the new one. I've been struggling with it to the point where I'm about to rage quit.:mad:

Edit: I'll take a break from this game. Move on to another game and come back when I'm done with that. Freedom Planet has been on my radar for a while. Maybe I should give that a shot.

Yeah, I finally caught it about 30 minutes ago, but I've been trying to catch it since yesterday. I had to put the switch down a few times and go do something else.
Most strategies say to use Wyrdeer to get close to her. Doing that for an hour and nothing to show for it made me want to quit. What I did was drop from Braviary right next to her and throw a snowball. Doing that and I was battling her within 5 minutes.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Finished obtaining all of the Obsidian Fieldland’s wisps and now working on those in the Crimson Mirelands. Got a bit sidetracked by a Space-time Distortion that popped up catching myself a second Porygon and Cynaquil. Will also be looking to catching myself a Turtwig that apparently can be found near the pond in the south-eastern part of the area.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
For those of you having trouble catching the Tornadus Thunderus, Landorus and Enamorus, try using Smoke Bombs to get close and any Pokéball in the Feather Ball class to break the shields. I tried this after seeing the comments in a Youtube video and it made catching them a breeze and this works on all four genies. Also, if you have some, use the Stealth Spray too in order to have an easier time sneaking up on them even through the smoke.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Most strategies say to use Wyrdeer to get close to her. Doing that for an hour and nothing to show for it made me want to quit. What I did was drop from Braviary right next to her and throw a snowball. Doing that and I was battling her within 5 minutes.
That strategy worked well for me. Thanks!

Finally caught all four of the genies! Even though it was made significantly easier after getting the advice above ^^ it was still a really frustrating ordeal. Went to the temple of Sinoh and Arceus wiped the floor with me. Repeatedly. That was the only boss that I needed to use the continue feature for. I eventually caught added it to my Pokedex. Stupid space Llama. :rolleyes:
Currently finding the rest of the Unown, and completing research tasks.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've now bought my copy of Legends: Arceus, but I want to read and watch a few more guides before I start a playthrough. I'm also waiting to see if the Direct on 27th has an update on Pokemon Home compatibility.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
After catching a shiny Hisuian Sneasel earlier this month, I can proudly say that Rufflet from a mass outbreak is my second non-guaranteed shiny in PLA.

Last edited:

Entradius1

Just some dude
Reads previous posts and mumbles... "I wish I had remembered about smoke bombs when I hunted Enamorus etc"

Anyways, I finally farmed up enough cash and bought those last two bags slots. While I was farming gold nuggets/money I manged to nab an alpha Eevee and Rowlet from a space time distortion. I am now a proud owner of an alpha Porygon-Z, Decidueye, Typlosion, and Samurott. It took a lot of farming and luck to get them. I evolved the Eevee into a Vaporeon and raised it and a Gardevoir to level 100.

I also nabbed some shinies that I really wanted; a shiny Braviary and Petil (which I evolved into a Liligant). I also managed to stumble upon and catch a shiny Parasect and Mothim. Now I have all the shinies I want. Despite my dislike of easter egg hunts I suppose I should hunt down those old verses and complete everything in the game... maybe tomorrow.

Edit: For those of you that don't know it is possible to chain mass outbreaks of pokemon for shinies. There is a video on it on youtube that was very helpful. (I am not going to link it though)

Ultra Beast Lover

I've completed the Coronet Highlands. I won't be moving on just yet, I've still got other research tasks to finish. Munchlax is annoying to find so I'll wait for an outbreak and just chuck berries at them until the outbreak ends.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I'm literally stuck at a crossroad, i have all of Cogita's legendary quests to go after but which ones are the easiest to go after? I want to avoid going after the lake trio until later.

But I wish i had a strategy for Darkrai his hypnosis moves are strong against most of the rest. But he can hit hard most of the time. Has anyone tested which balls work best and what strategies can be used. Except accidentally knocking him out with a Fairy? The aren't any real guides showing what works best.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I'm literally stuck at a crossroad, i have all of Cogita's legendary quests to go after but which ones are the easiest to go after? I want to avoid going after the lake trio until later.

But I wish i had a strategy for Darkrai his hypnosis moves are strong against most of the rest. But he can hit hard most of the time. Has anyone tested which balls work best and what strategies can be used. Except accidentally knocking him out with a Fairy? The aren't any real guides showing what works best.
The lake trio are actually the easiest. Bop em in the back of the head with a sticky glob three times and then back shot them with an ultra/giga/jet ball. If Darkrai is too strong, avoid battling it all together. The only legendaries I actually had to fight were the weather trio because they just would NOT stay in the ball unless I battled them.

ShadowForce720

Well the drowsy status condition can hire cure if your Pokémon or your opponent uses the move Spark, Wild Charge, and/or Volt Tackle.

So looking at the Pokémon that get these moves one suggestion can give you is to use a Probopass since it can learn Spark as well as Thunder Wave and it has good defenses(both physical and special) and can learn rest and it resists Psychic type moves.

So I would use a Probopass with the following move set:

Probopass’s move set:
Spark
Thunder Wave
Rest
and the last move could really be whatever you although you could go for Iron Defense to increase your defenses but you could go for a different move if you want.

Of course as the other user suggested you could avoid battling it and just try to catch it. But if you want to battle it then I recommend Probopass even though it’s Physical attack and speed is low and it’s special attack is alright but it has good Physical and Special defense.

Also the Darkrai you will encounter will be level 70 with the moves Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Psychic, Dark Void.

Luthor

Managed to get the final rotom item and caught the last of the Unown letters. That leaves me with only 1 Pokemon before I can face off with Arceus. Spiritomb. Only 6 wisps to go.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
102 hours into the game and I just learned that the Pokemon theme plays on the title screen... I am really regretting not doing more research stuff during my playthrough, it's a real grind to the tenth star and I'm getting stuck with a lot of research tasks that are harder to fulfill without beating up every level 2 Wurmple in Obsidian Fields.

Pokefan_1987

Well the drowsy status condition can hire cure if your Pokémon or your opponent uses the move Spark, Wild Charge, and/or Volt Tackle.

So looking at the Pokémon that get these moves one suggestion can give you is to use a Probopass since it can learn Spark as well as Thunder Wave and it has good defenses(both physical and special) and can learn rest and it resists Psychic type moves.

So I would use a Probopass with the following move set:

Probopass’s move set:
Spark
Thunder Wave
Rest
and the last move could really be whatever you although you could go for Iron Defense to increase your defenses but you could go for a different move if you want.

Of course as the other user suggested you could avoid battling it and just try to catch it. But if you want to battle it then I recommend Probopass even though it’s Physical attack and speed is low and it’s special attack is alright but it has good Physical and Special defense.

Also the Darkrai you will encounter will be level 70 with the moves Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Psychic, Dark Void.
Just want to check if a Electivire could be a good alternative. He's already lvl 50

My others strongest steel type ones, they're rather bleak.

Palkia lvl 65
Dialga lvl 68
Goodra 74

EDIT: Just caught Shaymin while brainstorming. Goodra was able to tank a few hits after using Shelter.

ShadowForce720

Just want to check if a Electivire could be a good alternative. He's already lvl 50

My others strongest steel type ones, they're rather bleak.

Palkia lvl 65
Dialga lvl 68
Goodra 74

EDIT: Just caught Shaymin while brainstorming. Goodra was able to tank a few hits after using Shelter.
While Electivire is able to get Thunder Wave , Rest, and Spark/Wild Charge, as well as having a bit higher HP stat and Speed stat then Probopass

Probopass has more bulk, and Darkrai is faster then Electivire, plus Electivire doesn’t resist any of Darkrai’s moves so it’s probably not going to be able to hang in their as long as Probopass could.

As for Dialga, it would be able to take hits from Darkrai and does resist one of Darkrai’s moves being Psychic. Dialga also can get rest.

However the trade off with using Dialga over Probopass is that Dialga doesn’t get any moves that allow it to cure the Drowsy status condition, and all of the moves that Dialga can learn to inflict status condition on Darkrai all do damage.

As for Palkia it’s similar to Dialga but unlike Dialga Palkia doesn’t resist any of Darkrai’s moves since Palkia is a Water/Dragon type Pokémon it will take neutral damage from Darkrai’s moves. Other then that additional trade of Palkia’a trade offs are very similar to Dialga’s.

Now as for Hisuian Goodra it basically has the same trades as Dialga.

Basically while some of the options to use over Probopass aren’t bad per say they have trade offs like for instance not being able to cure the Drowsy status condition or not being nearly as bulky or other trade offs.

Like take Spiritomb for example while it does have it perks like resisting all of Darkrai’s moves and being immune to Psychic type moves, it can also get Rest and Hypnosis as well as increased its Bulk through Calm Mind.

The thing is however it has no way to cure the Drowsy status condition.

Pokefan_1987

While Electivire is able to get Thunder Wave , Rest, and Spark/Wild Charge, as well as having a bit higher HP stat and Speed stat then Probopass

Probopass has more bulk, and Darkrai is faster then Electivire, plus Electivire doesn’t resist any of Darkrai’s moves so it’s probably not going to be able to hang in their as long as Probopass could.

As for Dialga, it would be able to take hits from Darkrai and does resist one of Darkrai’s moves being Psychic. Dialga also can get rest.

However the trade off with using Dialga over Probopass is that Dialga doesn’t get any moves that allow it to cure the Drowsy status condition, and all of the moves that Dialga can learn to inflict status condition on Darkrai all do damage.

As for Palkia it’s similar to Dialga but unlike Dialga Palkia doesn’t resist any of Darkrai’s moves since Palkia is a Water/Dragon type Pokémon it will take neutral damage from Darkrai’s moves. Other then that additional trade of Palkia’s trade offs are very similar to Dialga’s.

Now as for Hisuian Goodra it basically has the same trades as Dialga.

Basically while some of the options to use over Probopass aren’t bad per say they have trade offs like for instance not being able to cure the Drowsy status condition or not being nearly as bulky or other trade offs.

Like take Spiritomb for example while it does have it perks like resisting all of Darkrai’s moves and being immune to Psychic type moves, it can also get Rest and Hypnosis as well as increased its Bulk through Calm Mind.

The thing is however it has no way to cure the Drowsy status condition.
Is Darkrai vulnerable to Sleep Powder from Shaymin by any chance? and then use someone with False Swipe or tank hits with Probopass ?

Besides Shaymin is such a cutie pokemon but at the same time monstrously powerful in a tiny body.

ShadowForce720

Is Darkrai vulnerable to Sleep Powder from Shaymin by any chance? and then use someone with False Swipe or tank hits with Probopass ?

Besides Shaymin is such a cutie pokemon but at the same time monstrously powerful in a tiny body.
Yeah it’s possible to make Darkrai Drowsy throught the use of Sleep Powder. Darkrai has no real way to cure itself of a status condition.

Trillion

bonsly, cleffa, shieldon, and bastiodon are the REAL mythical pokemon. i haven't even SEEN them, let alone caught them

i also need munchlax as well, but at least i've seen it thanks to the battle with mai early on

after i catch those five and arceus my dex will be complete