• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon LEGENDS: Arceus - Recent Happenings Thread

zolios

After about a month of not playing, I played again yesterday. I finished the last few things I left unfinished from the last time I played. For example I caught all of the Unown forms finally and I finished researching the Massive Mass Outbrakes in the last two areas I had left, also found and caught a shiny Duskull in one of these outbrakes so that was nice.

I then started working on completing the Path of Solitude requests with those 14 or so requested Pokemon as well. Will try to do it with Alpha Pokemon only. Only did it with Alpha Blissey before stopping for the day but my Eevee and Bidoof are almost ready for the challenge as well.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I FINALLY GOT A BLACK AUGURITE! :D

It took hella grinding through Graveler but I did it! And I managed to do it before taking on the second Noble Pokémon.

zolios

Porygon and Oshawott finally showed up in the Space-time Distortions again and I now have the complete living Pokedex. I guess there is not much left to do in this game after I complete the last few Path of Solitude requests, it was a fun ride though!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
For the first time ever, I died and forgot to save.

I lost one mighty big satchel in the Obsidian Fieldlands. Could anyone please find it for me? My name in the game is Salem, as always.

EDIT: Someone found my satchel! Yay!

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
THIS JUST IN: Pokémon Legends Arceus has sold 12.64 million copies (as of March 31st, 2022)!

I think this solidifies the direction Pokémon will go from here on out. The Nintendo Financial report also states in expects Scarlet & Violet, among other upcoming titles, to triple its sales for the next fiscal year. Open world is here to stay, folks.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think this solidifies the direction Pokémon will go from here on out. The Nintendo Financial report also states in expects Scarlet & Violet, among other upcoming titles, to triple its sales for the next fiscal year. Open world is here to stay, folks.
While I do think Legends Arceus was sort of a "testing ground" for the series, I think they also wanted it to be its own thing (unless we get a Legends Kyurem and make it a sub-series). I don't think the battling system in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet will be the same as Legends Arceus for example.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
While I do think Legends Arceus was sort of a "testing ground" for the series, I think they also wanted it to be its own thing (unless we get a Legends Kyurem and make it a sub-series). I don't think the battling system in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet will be the same as Legends Arceus for example.

I honestly think Scarlet & Violet is going to have a much more revamped battle system. I think the old days of Pokémon are over.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Jumped on for a little bit yesterday. Was short on time so I only could get one massive mass outbreak in. Went to the Coronet Highlands and took on a Rowlet outbreak but only managed to catch one then proceeded to go against some Elekid but decided against catching them. Moved onto a Clefairy outbreak and saw one spawned shiny so I stayed far away to prevent it from running away and snagged the little green-eared fairy but did not catch any others. A Haunter outbreak was nearby so I went over to that and a shiny Gengar spawned so I caught that. I got the indication that the rainstorm was about to end so I tried getting to the Heracross outbreak but I heard the shiny noise as I flew by the waterfall where I noticed a red Gyarados swimming around. I dropped down next to it and nabbed it for myself. My current shiny count is now up to 72 at this time.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Thank goodness for transfer from HOME has arrived. Just got a spare Cherubi from Sword and i can stop worrying about looking for trees/bushes in legends arceus.
Still i'm disappointed they didn't let the Kalos starters be transferrable into BDSP or Legends Arceus after all the waiting.
Seriously pokemon company. Why are you still ditching so many pokemon's including the 5 and 6 starters?
Even the gen 1 starters aren't allowed in legends arceus. Even if they have to remove moves like water shuriken and surf i would be fine with that.

Edit: I forgot Munchlax is not in the wild in sword version, had to breed from snorlax, munchlax is a real pain to hunt down in both sinnoh games.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

New update: Don't bother checking if alolan decidueye, johto typhlosion or unova samurott are compatible...these regular forms are not compatible with Legends Arceus.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I transferred in the entire Porygon line because I can never seem to find them in the Rifts and Spiritomb and Weavile because I want to get to Arceus as soon as possible and looking for the remaining wisps is becoming harder for me as I can’t figure out where I haven’t looked yet and the main site keeps crashing on my iPaf.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
THIS JUST IN: Pokémon Legends Arceus has sold 12.64 million copies (as of March 31st, 2022)!

Yeah, but doesn’t the fact that SWSH & BDSP sold more copies than Legends mean we’ll get more games like them in the future?

Anyway, I recently lost to Volo & Giratina in Legends, so I’m taking this time to train my Hisuian & BDSP teams before I try challenging them again. I also used Home connectivity to add in all of the Unown to save myself the headache of finding them all, & I moved all of my extra pokémon into Home since I don’t really need to trade in Legends anymore

ShadowForce720

Yeah, but doesn’t the fact that SWSH & BDSP sold more copies than Legends mean we’ll get more games like them in the future?

Anyway, I recently lost to Volo & Giratina in Legends, so I’m taking this time to train my Hisuian & BDSP teams before I try challenging them again. I also used Home connectivity to add in all of the Unown to save myself the headache of finding them all, & I moved all of my extra pokémon into Home since I don’t really need to trade in Legends anymore
The thing to keep in mind though is both SWSH & BDSP have been out longer then legends Arceus so of course they would have sold more.

A more accurate comparison would be comparing a similar amount of the sales of the games within a similar time frame for instance here is the comparison of their sales when you compare how they did in their launch week:

BDSP: over 6 million sales
LA: over 6.5 million sales

Now when it comes to SWSH not sure about its sales for its launch week but its launch weekend sales were over 6 million sales so obviously it made more sales in its launch week then both BDSP and LA.

So looking at it SWSH sales more then BDSP and LA but LA sales more then BDSP.

Also keep in mind that both Sword & Shield and Brilliant Diamond & Shinning Pearl had two different versions of their games while LA just had one version.

So actually looking at how LA did the fact that despite it being one version it sold more in its launch week the BDSP did in its launch week despite being the latter having two versions is really impressive and just shows how successful LA actually was.

So there would be more motivation to take more from legends or even make another legends game.

Captain Jigglypuff

Finally registered all of the Pokémon in the Hisuian Dex. Now I just need to battle Arceus

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So... I cheated. lol

I took a bunch of pokemon I caught in Sword & Shield and transferred them to Legends - because I didn't feel like catching them all - drastically increasing my dex entries.

I figured since this is my second (and likely last) playthrough, it really didn't matter. My goal in this game is to obtain all Nobles and meet Acreus. This will also be Gym Leader Salem's last hoorah before Scarlet & Violet.

Captain Jigglypuff

So... I cheated. lol

I took a bunch of pokemon I caught in Sword & Shield and transferred them to Legends - because I didn't feel like catching them all - drastically increasing my dex entries.

I figured since this is my second (and likely last) playthrough, it really didn't matter. My goal in this game is to obtain all Nobles and meet Acreus. This will also be Gym Leader Salem's last hoorah before Scarlet & Violet.
I did the same. A lot kept evading me in the usual way and would literally never show up for me no matter how long I waited. Piplup, Turtwig, Teddiursa, the Magnemite line, Craniodos, and the Porygon line all refused to show up inside a rift. But I had at least five Eevee which I all evolved.

Pokefan_1987

Manaphy and Phione: It's a bad idea to leave right away after finding Manaphy for the mission. Getting swarmed by 3 Phione's after the battle is risky but the idea of the cave permanently closing after leaving and missing out...not good.

Piplup: has a beach area guarded by a Empoleon before you can reach it and up into a water reservoir. It's close to the Noble Arcanine.

Chimchar: Can be found on Ramanas Island in the first area. But a lvl 60 Infernape (usually a Alpha) is guarding the area.
One particular beach is supposed to have a beach with a lot of Togepi, but it's flawed and has a lot of different pokemon instead including Aipom.

Turtwig: is occasionally in the Ursaring Bog. More difficult since it mostly has 1 spot and 1 Turtwig per spawn. But it also has a 70% chance that a paras/parasect attack you before you can sneak up on Turtwig and if a battle occurs when you're sneaking and don't have a clear then it flees into thin air.

As for how many from go overall from Pokemon Home/Galar are compatible with Legends Arceus and BDSP as well ? You better have a pen/pencil and a notebook. I imported several including Cherubi, Clefairy, Togepi, Johto Sneasel and others. Lastly the Spiritomb Wisps in certain areas have a big tendency of NEVER showing up, even going over videos several times. The Unown catching locations are even more unbalanced or refuse to work.

Last edited:

zolios

I'm now trying to get the new Hisuian forms and evolutions with "cool origins" in different Pokeballs. Already got the Ursaluna and Wyrdeer with the Gameboy symbol since I caught the pre-evos in my VC Gold. I also did a Bug Catching Contest in my HG and caught a Scyther that I now transferred up to PLA and evolved so now I have a Kleavor from Gen 4 in a Sport Ball.

My next targets are a Hisui Lilligant from that in-game trade (Cottonee for Petilil) in Black/Black 2, Hisui Goodra from Kalos in Luxury Ball, Friend Ball Wyrdeer and Moon Ball Ursaluna from HeartGold. I'll have to do a lot of transferring across the generations this weekend to get all of this done but I think the cool and unique Pokemon I'll get from it for my collection will be worth the effort.

Also caught a shiny Infernape in a Massive Mass Outbreak yesterday while trying to evolve my VC Gold Stantler.

Last edited:

pokeplayer9994

This game has gotten me to take Shiny Hunting seriously. I've gotten more than a full box worth of Shiny Pokemon. 4 of the Pokemon are Alphas.:)